Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38  All

Author Topic: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Game Over Town Wins  (Read 106256 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Day 1 Pm for quick topic link
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2012, 03:12:12 pm »

also, more importantly, why is the play seriously out of hand?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2012, 03:14:49 pm »

also, more importantly, why is the play seriously out of hand?

Because Morgrim gave away his role immediately! And self-voted!

Also, I'd like to hear from Cuzz and Ashersky, the world's fastest wagon-joiners.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2012, 03:17:26 pm »

I see nothing out of the ordinary for Morgrim.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2012, 03:35:28 pm »

Also, I'd like to hear from Cuzz and Ashersky, the world's fastest wagon-joiners.

I've given my reasons for my vote for you, Robz888.  I won't say you're blatantly scummy, just giving off the scumvibe, which is enough on D1 to garner my suspicion (and vote).  I'd put Eevee in there with you, based on her extreme neutrality on every case so far.  Strikes me as scum trying to stay on everyone's good side. 

Frisk is sending out good vibes in limited action.  I don't have a real read on the rest.

I know you roleclaimed VT earlier, but those can always be false, right?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2012, 03:38:45 pm »

I think we can pretty much ignore all VT role claims at this point, as valid points one way or the other. VT will claim it to be honest, power roles will claim it to avoid mafia night kills and mafia will claim it to fit in.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2012, 03:39:57 pm »

I've given my reasons for my vote for you, Robz888.  I won't say you're blatantly scummy, just giving off the scumvibe, which is enough on D1 to garner my suspicion (and vote).  I'd put Eevee in there with you, based on her extreme neutrality on every case so far.  Strikes me as scum trying to stay on everyone's good side. 

Frisk is sending out good vibes in limited action.  I don't have a real read on the rest.

Eevee is male.

Are you asking if I am permitted by the rules of the game to lie? Yes, I am. I didn't. The mafia can now narrow down their list of kill candidates, and have a better chance of finding a PR.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2012, 03:41:48 pm »

1st game jitters? It's easy to get caught up in the moment.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2012, 03:42:17 pm »

I think we can pretty much ignore all VT role claims at this point, as valid points one way or the other. VT will claim it to be honest, power roles will claim it to avoid mafia night kills and mafia will claim it to fit in.

This is mostly untrue.

True VT will obviously claim VT.
PR townies will probably not claim VT, although it has happened (TINAS did it in MI, but that's the exception). See MVI for examples of PR townies confessing their PR when they get to L-1.
Most PR claims are actually mafia trying to avoid lynch. See MII, MIII, MIV, and MVI for ample examples of this.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2012, 03:44:14 pm »

Most PR claims are actually mafia trying to avoid lynch. See MII, MIII, MIV, and MVI for ample examples of this.

It happened in MI, too. In truth, most mafia claim PR before being lynched. Axxle didn't in MI (he couldn't, no PRs left). O didn't in MIV. EHalcyon didn't in MVI. That might be the sum total.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2012, 03:50:23 pm »

This is mostly untrue.

PR townies will probably not claim VT, although it has happened (TINAS did it in MI, but that's the exception). See MVI for examples of PR townies confessing their PR when they get to L-1.

Well at L-1 things are different, but I still think most PRs would claim (or softclaim) Vanilla, especially on D1.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2012, 03:51:56 pm »

This is mostly untrue.

Well at L-1 things are different, but I still think most PRs would claim (or softclaim) Vanilla, especially on D1.

What they are supposed to do is simply not claim at all, unless they get to L-1.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2012, 03:53:41 pm »

It happened in MI, too. In truth, most mafia claim PR before being lynched. Axxle didn't in MI (he couldn't, no PRs left). O didn't in MIV. EHalcyon didn't in MVI. That might be the sum total.

MII no scum were lynched
MIII 2/3 scum claimed VT
MIV I didn't, glooble claimed roleblocker because gasp, he was mafia roleblocker.
MV no shit there are no VT's
MVI scum were NKed constantly, actually a pretty good ratio of VT claims from scum who were lynched. Also Theorel didn't I believe.
MVII no scum were lynched
MVIII, MIX, MX are ongoing and have had no scum be lynched.

Scum outed by a PR 95% of the time don't even have the option of claiming VT.

So are you ready to concede your point as completely false?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2012, 03:55:59 pm »

What they are supposed to do is simply not claim at all, unless they get to L-1.

I will agree that is probably the best idea.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2012, 04:01:54 pm »

MII no scum were lynched
MIII 2/3 scum claimed VT
MIV I didn't, glooble claimed roleblocker because gasp, he was mafia roleblocker.
MV no shit there are no VT's
MVI scum were NKed constantly, actually a pretty good ratio of VT claims from scum who were lynched. Also Theorel didn't I believe.
MVII no scum were lynched
MVIII, MIX, MX are ongoing and have had no scum be lynched.

Scum outed by a PR 95% of the time don't even have the option of claiming VT.

So are you ready to concede your point as completely false?

I may have overstated. What I meant was, a lot of mafia have faked townie PR roles.

MI: Ozle
MII: Me
MIII: Don't remember, somebody did
MIV: Glooble, Dsell
MVI: Me, Frisk

A lot of mafia never need to claim anything, or get nightkilled. What I was saying to Jorbles is that VT claim isn't as common as he thinks.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2012, 04:03:07 pm »

the point was that you were using the most mafia fakeclaim PR thing to attempt to give yourself more towniepoints. Not working.

SCUM D1 LYNCH FTW. O SO PRO.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2012, 04:04:35 pm »

the point was that you were using the most mafia fakeclaim PR thing to attempt to give yourself more towniepoints. Not working.

SCUM D1 LYNCH FTW. O SO PRO.

Well, I didn't notice I was even doing that, because I'm not mafia.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2012, 04:40:51 pm »

Robzelda's point here, that "most mafia fakeclaim PR," could be a way to throw folks off his trail, as he (may have) fakeclaimed VT, instead of a PR.

It's like: "Look, we know most scum fakeclaim A, and I (fake)claimed B, so I must be okay."

Or in an attempt to explain himself and things, he's just dug himself into a hole.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2012, 07:12:14 pm »

Robz is being scummy, like voting for me, but I'm not ready to vote for him yet. Rather, Unvote. I would also like to hear ashersky explain why he so quickly voted for me.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2012, 07:24:19 pm »

Robz is being scummy, like voting for me, but I'm not ready to vote for him yet. Rather, Unvote. I would also like to hear ashersky explain why he so quickly voted for me.
Are you being IRL possessed every other day or something? Split personality maybe?

Oh and I think they all voted for you because they found your VT claim (that was followed by a selfvote) somewhat problematic.

Everyone, I don't think Morgrim is scum. Too inconsistent for that, he is just having fun with us (just like O was with his "force myself to L-1"-plan). My favorite lynch for today would actually be robz, even if it would suck to lose such a strong townie.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2012, 07:25:21 pm »

Are you being IRL possessed every other day or something? Split personality maybe?

Oh and I think they all voted for you because they found your VT claim (that was followed by a selfvote) somewhat problematic.

Everyone, I don't think Morgrim is scum. Too inconsistent for that, he is just having fun with us (just like O was with his "force myself to L-1"-plan). My favorite lynch for today would actually be robz, even if it would suck to lose such a strong townie.

Oh, I was hoping you would talk sense to these people. Instead, this.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2012, 07:25:39 pm »

Oh, I was hoping you would talk sense to these people. Instead, this.
You should know better by now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 21, 2012, 07:27:45 pm »

Even if I dont think morg is playing scummy, taking one for the f.ds-mafiacommunity and policylynching him is not an out of the realm idea and I do see town-robz possibly proposing it (as well as scum robz ofc). But we should probably let the new guys enjoy him first, maybe punish him in some 20 player behemoth where day1 lynch is more random anyways.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 21, 2012, 07:29:30 pm »

Even if I dont think morg is playing scummy, taking one for the f.ds-mafiacommunity and policylynching him is not an out of the realm idea and I do see town-robz possibly proposing it (as well as scum robz ofc). But we should probably let the new guys enjoy him first, maybe punish him in some 20 player behemoth where day1 lynch is more random anyways.

His insanity was more extreme this time. He did 2 extremely anti-town things right off the bat in his first post.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 21, 2012, 07:30:21 pm »

Are you being IRL possessed every other day or something?
uhhh, no.
Split personality maybe?
nope.
They don't like my claim? Oh. Ok. Sorry, just you can get tired of being a VT every single GAME.
Ok, ok.

His insanity was more extreme this time. He did 2 extremely anti-town things right off the bat in his first post.
Claiming VT is anti-town? how?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 21, 2012, 07:30:51 pm »

But I agree that we're being too noisy and not letting the newbies do enough stuff, so I apologize that. I'll try not to snap at everybody for awhile. The Morgrim thing, and then to a lesser extent the O thing, and of course my name rising to the top of it all, REALLY rubbed me the wrong way.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.