Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]  All

Author Topic: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Game Over Town Wins  (Read 103716 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Game Over Town Wins
« Reply #925 on: September 11, 2012, 11:57:57 am »

I would have believed Captain Frisk over Ashe, so good thing I was dead.

Eevee gets the Gold Star! Good job not messing up the ending this time, buddy!
Thanks! Appreciated!

Interesting how all the veterans in the QT would have believed Frisk over ashersky, but in the game the entire town got it right. Frisk's story was full of holes he couldn't explain, ashersky would have needed to do something scum never does to be lying.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 11, 2012, 11:59:18 am »

Hahahahahaha that QT was super entertaining. Oh boy, glad they killed the veterans now.  :D

Galz, the reason I wrote longer posts and tried to take a bigger role was that this game was super interesting and fun and felt I had a pretty good grasp on what was happening. It was also short enough to be re-read, seems I can't do any analysis without re-reading full days. And I wasn't in 7 games at once because I finally started dying in some so I had more time to focus in this. I also have more experience and confidence and stuff now, bot enough to post walls of text as scum I would imagine, so don't think your theory was very good even in a vacuum.

Posting walls of text as scum is really not that hard. Personally I find it easily 10x harder to do so as town when there's no conviction to bias my thoughts with. As scum I can make crap up and never be wrong, so spinning out essays is cake.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 11, 2012, 12:01:05 pm »

Thanks! Appreciated!

Interesting how all the veterans in the QT would have believed Frisk over ashersky, but in the game the entire town got it right. Frisk's story was full of holes he couldn't explain, ashersky would have needed to do something scum never does to be lying.

Of course I can't explain them... the fact that I got a no lynch out of it was a miracle. 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 11, 2012, 12:09:09 pm »

Thanks! Appreciated!

Of course I can't explain them... the fact that I got a no lynch out of it was a miracle.
It was my terrible misfortune that I had to wait so close to the deadline to post.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 11, 2012, 12:12:35 pm »

Eevee if you were the JK why were you so sure jorbles was scum and not that scum had tried to kill jorbles
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: September 11, 2012, 12:33:49 pm »

Eevee if you were the JK why were you so sure jorbles was scum and not that scum had tried to kill jorbles
Because Jorbles was pinned as scum yesterday, so no sensible mafia would ever kill him. I don't know if you read yestergameday, but we basically ruled out any other scum pair.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 11, 2012, 12:34:11 pm »

Did you notice how everyone believed without even waiting for a counterclaim? That's why.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 11, 2012, 12:38:11 pm »

Did you notice how everyone believed without even waiting for a counterclaim? That's why.

I considered counterclaiming, but in the end it wouldn't have mattered. If it had worked I would have gotten Eevee killed and then everyone would have lynched me tomorrow.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 11, 2012, 02:00:10 pm »

Reading the spectator QT is fascinating. I had no idea that people not in the game would follow so closely. I'm all self-conscious now.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 11, 2012, 02:01:50 pm »

Reading the spectator QT is fascinating. I had no idea that people not in the game would follow so closely. I'm all self-conscious now.

All part of the experience.  And you acquitted yourself really well!  Both yuma and I were duly impressed at how insicisively you cut through to the truth on Day 3. 

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 11, 2012, 02:17:49 pm »

All part of the experience.  And you acquitted yourself really well!  Both yuma and I were duly impressed at how insicisively you cut through to the truth on Day 3.

Aw shucks.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 11, 2012, 02:40:34 pm »

Man, I missed all the fun.

Congrats to all and sorry for bad play, although it worked out in the end.  I am afraid to read the spectator QT now...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 11, 2012, 02:45:54 pm »

Congrats to all and sorry for bad play, although it worked out in the end.  I am afraid to read the spectator QT now...
Don't be!

Honestly, stirring the pot can still be pretty good town play. It gets everyone on the record about stuff. Even though it was Frisk who first brought up the idea you might just be a new/hyper town player, he put the thought in my head and you started looking very town to me. Then I latched onto Frisk and thought you were his partner...but then you and Frisk got into that great fight/counterclaiming (sort of), and it all worked out in the end.

...except for that part where we almost quicklynched the doctor.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 11, 2012, 02:49:36 pm »

Don't be!

Honestly, stirring the pot can still be pretty good town play. It gets everyone on the record about stuff. Even though it was Frisk who first brought up the idea you might just be a new/hyper town player, he put the thought in my head and you started looking very town to me. Then I latched onto Frisk and thought you were his partner...but then you and Frisk got into that great fight/counterclaiming (sort of), and it all worked out in the end.

To be honest, I did consciously try not to seem too town, so hopefully mafia would see me as not a PR and/or a viable day lynch so they wouldn't NK me.  Clearly I did terribly at protecting folks, though.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 11, 2012, 02:52:09 pm »

Don't be!

It absolutely kills me that I probably could quietly agreed with everyone who thought Asher was scummy - instead of defending him and using his "obvtown"edness to paint Geolib as scummy.

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 11, 2012, 02:55:23 pm »

Yay town! Good job everyone, and I think it was probably for the best that I was NKed when I was. I had just started getting pretty busy: I think the no-lynch on D2 was largely my fault, though of course if I had been around a little more we might've quick-lynched the doctor...
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 11, 2012, 02:56:22 pm »

Yay town! Good job everyone, and I think it was probably for the best that I was NKed when I was. I had just started getting pretty busy: I think the no-lynch on D2 was largely my fault, though of course if I had been around a little more we might've quick-lynched the doctor...

We definitely would have if I had been in front of a computer!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 11, 2012, 03:12:30 pm »

I love this advice from Frisk in the mafia QT:

'm no expert player either. Don't play up ima noob too much, it doesn't really fly because the game just isn't that complicated. I would say that day 1 bussing would generally be a bad idea, but if it needs to be done, go ahead. Careful with voting for me without much reason, you never know what will set town off.

If only he knew, playing up super newb works!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 11, 2012, 03:13:25 pm »

'm no expert player either. Don't play up ima noob too much, it doesn't really fly because the game just isn't that complicated. I would say that day 1 bussing would generally be a bad idea, but if it needs to be done, go ahead. Careful with voting for me without much reason, you never know what will set town off.

But it almost got you killed!

Honestly, I think everyone is right. It's almost like this game is like Dominion - every strategy (card) is good in the right game (board).

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 11, 2012, 03:54:22 pm »

But it almost got you killed!

Honestly, I think everyone is right. It's almost like this game is like Dominion - every strategy (card) is good in the right game (board).

Inb4 Robz Scout's.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]  All

Page created in 1.907 seconds with 19 queries.