Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38  All

Author Topic: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Game Over Town Wins  (Read 106088 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Day 1
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2012, 05:35:05 pm »

So, as we pass the midnight hour here in my location on the globe, and I prepare to turn in for the night, I leave you with a last newbie question: can you run down the best-case scenarios for the town?  I'm guessing it is:

Day 1: Lynch Mafia RoleCop
Night 1: Mafia Goon kills VT
Day 2: Lynch Mafia Goon

Am I missing anything on goals?
Night 1 the remaining mafia or his target is jailkept, or the target is doctored.

But uhm.. why are you asking this?

Curiosity.  Robz was complaining that there'd been no success on Day 1 to date.  I was thinking through the ideal.

I have also seen in other threads the lynch/no lynch argument for Day 1.  Any thoughts there?

My thought is: Let's not have the argument again. There is no definitive answer. And the argument doesn't get us anywhere. I know this from experience.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Day 1
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2012, 05:37:29 pm »

So, as we pass the midnight hour here in my location on the globe, and I prepare to turn in for the night, I leave you with a last newbie question: can you run down the best-case scenarios for the town?  I'm guessing it is:

Day 1: Lynch Mafia RoleCop
Night 1: Mafia Goon kills VT
Day 2: Lynch Mafia Goon

Am I missing anything on goals?
Night 1 the remaining mafia or his target is jailkept, or the target is doctored.

But uhm.. why are you asking this?

Curiosity.  Robz was complaining that there'd been no success on Day 1 to date.  I was thinking through the ideal.

I have also seen in other threads the lynch/no lynch argument for Day 1.  Any thoughts there?

It's a very bad idea - because we start day 2 with no more information than we have now, but with 1 less townie.  There's a minor argument that it might be beneficial if you have a cop - who will then get some an extra investigation if you no lynch twice.

I can't talk about other games where no lynches happened - because they are on going.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Day 1 Quick topic link on first page
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2012, 07:10:04 pm »

What's the deal with the quicktopic thing? Are active players allowed to look at what people are saying there?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2012, 07:13:57 pm »

What's the deal with the quicktopic thing? Are active players allowed to look at what people are saying there?
No. Sorry I should have specified. Only spectators and dead players are allowed.in fact I should not have put it up. Sorry I will need to make another one that people can pm me asking for

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2012, 07:15:14 pm »

Yeah, aren't QTs usually for people to talk about the game after they're out? I'm not sure how having a public QT open at the front of the thread will affect the game, but isn't it normally hidden from active players?

ninja'd by mod

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Day 1 Pm for quick topic link
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2012, 07:17:17 pm »

Hi, guys, this is Morgrim. I am showing up to post a vote, and if you make a wagon on me I will selfhammer and turn up VT. BTW, I am a VT. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
Vote: Robz888

this is newbie mafia, right?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2012, 07:22:04 pm »

No. Sorry I should have specified. Only spectators and dead players are allowed.in fact I should not have put it up. Sorry I will need to make another one that people can pm me asking for

Ok. Full disclosure: I did see the first 3 posts on there. Maybe the mods should let everyone see? Not sure if it really matters though.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2012, 07:57:34 pm »

Hi, guys, this is Morgrim. I am showing up to post a vote, and if you make a wagon on me I will selfhammer and turn up VT. BTW, I am a VT. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
Vote: Robz888

this is newbie mafia, right?

Oh Jesus Christ, who let Morgrim into this game? Ugh. And stop voting for me, people. RVS is over!

Seriously though, with Morgrim in the game it's dangerous putting anybody to L-1 (that means, one vote short of lynch). Because Morgrim will swoop in and hammer. Is this anti-town? Hell yes. Does this mean Morgrim is mafia? Well, it hasn't in any game so far.

Unfortunately, there exists such a thing as the Morgrim Insanity Defense, which is this: "He's not mafia, he's just being Morgrim." BEcause Morgrim is irrational, crazy, and anti-town--even when he's town.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2012, 08:20:52 pm »

Unvote, didn't realize we had a morgrim in the house. I'm so happy we do!

Geolib, why did you call O out for lurking, when Morgrim had zero posts too? (I personally do not think calling either out was really necessary yet, but you know.)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2012, 08:21:52 pm »

wrong thread Eev

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2012, 08:22:23 pm »

I'm an idiot and I'm the one in the wrong thread.  Carry on.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2012, 08:33:53 pm »

wrong thread Eev

I'm an idiot and I'm the one in the wrong thread.  Carry on.

And your shame is now recorded for eternity.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2012, 08:35:08 pm »

Ok. Full disclosure: I did see the first 3 posts on there. Maybe the mods should let everyone see? Not sure if it really matters though.

Thanks... All it contained was Galz's predictions... nothing too big...

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2012, 08:35:24 pm »

Geolib, why did you call O out for lurking, when Morgrim had zero posts too? (I personally do not think calling either out was really necessary yet, but you know.)

Well not to put words in Geolib's mouth, but Morgrim did post once right after the game start, but O still hasn't checked in after his confirm. Actually here's a newb strategy question, should I be putting explanations for someone else forward (in case they don't think of them) or should I keep quiet so we can evaluate their response?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2012, 08:42:47 pm »

Well not to put words in Geolib's mouth, but Morgrim did post once right after the game start, but O still hasn't checked in after his confirm. Actually here's a newb strategy question, should I be putting explanations for someone else forward (in case they don't think of them) or should I keep quiet so we can evaluate their response?
I think for the most part, when in doubt it's always better to post than it is not to post.

And actually checking in (thus realizing the game has started) and then not posting is infinitely scummier than not realizing the has even started. You know, the title got changed just recently and everything. Just refusing to come here when you know the game has already be the stupidest mafia ploy ever. Posting the bare minimum on the other hand..

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2012, 09:31:09 pm »

Well Morgrim did actually post something, although it wasn't terribly helpful:

Robz, what would have been your least favorite role to receive in this game?

Easy. Vanilla Townie. You?
grmph....grrr... *frown*

But mostly I was still RVSing (does that work?). Sort of prodding him to post. I think it's far more likely that he's asleep or hasn't noticed that the game started. Hence the somewhat facetious
What does he have real life or something?

Does bolding my name count as voting, or was that just to get my attention?
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2012, 09:32:10 pm »

Oh, also, is there a way to just see posts from a certain person?
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2012, 09:33:45 pm »

Just to get your attention, it's not a vote unless it's in the correct form (Vote: Eevee for example).

Viewing the thread in print mode and searching for the isotropic nickname of the desired person will show you all the posts he has made in this thread.

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2012, 09:43:37 pm »

Ok. So it's still just ctrl+F? The problem is when people use the name in their posts. Oh well. Thanks.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2012, 10:03:21 pm »

Ok. So it's still just ctrl+F? The problem is when people use the name in their posts. Oh well. Thanks.
Thats why you use the isotropic name. No one uses that one. (I now see it is the same for you for example, that is unfortunate. I don't think anyone has presented a better way yet.)

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2012, 10:04:40 pm »

Just to get your attention, it's not a vote unless it's in the correct form (Vote: Eevee for example).

Viewing the thread in print mode and searching for the isotropic nickname of the desired person will show you all the posts he has made in this thread.

Did you just technically vote for yourself? What's the strategy here?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2012, 10:05:58 pm »

Thats why you use the isotropic name. No one uses that one. (I now see it is the same for you for example, that is unfortunate. I don't think anyone has presented a better way yet.)

Within the print screen I search "post by: ____" this brings up posts only by that person.

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2012, 10:08:17 pm »

Is print mode something other than clicking the "print" button next to "Send this Topic" and "Mark Unread"? Because if not then the isotropic usernames don't show up when I click that. I think I can just click all though which does still show the isotropic usernames.

Ah. Yuma just came up with the best way I think. Thanks!
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia X Signups - The Death of Donald X. Newbies Welcome
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2012, 10:36:22 pm »

Everyone gathered around the table was deep in shock...

Morgrim was mumbling incoherently, C-Frisk and GeoLib were frantically trying to dry off the Dominion cards with their breathe (it didn't work very well). Jorbles and O had fallen fast asleep. Asherkey was curled up in a ball in the corner crying while Eevee and Cuzz couldn't stop looking at Donald's dead face. Robz was probably the worst off having found the hard liquor. But we won't go into details...

Vote Count 1-2

Robz888 (3): asherkey, Captain_Frisk, Morgrim7
O (2): Jorbles, GeoLib

Not voting (4): Eevee, Cuzz, Robz888, O

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, August 27, at noon forum time (EDT)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2012, 10:47:45 pm »

I dont even have to Unvote apparently :)

Robz having three RVS-esque votes him seems excessive/not very fair. Still 6 days to the deadline, and O hasnt even found his way here yet! No new votes on him before we actually decide we really want to lynch him, please. I say this as the guy who started the wagon!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.