Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161542 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 1 in progress
« Reply #800 on: August 30, 2012, 06:12:11 am »

Vote Count 1.20:

cayvie (1): Archetype
Morgrim7 (1): Morgrim7
pingpongsam (5): Galzria, Captain_Frisk, Robz888, pingpongsam, Insomniac {L-5}
Captain_Frisk (2): Watno, theorel
Archetype (1): Cuzz
ftl (4): Dsell, Axxle, O, cayvie {L-6}
Dsell (1): ftl
No Lynch (1): eHalcyon

Not voting {3}: ashersky, Eevee

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Thursday, August 30th, at 3 p.m. forum time
9 hours from now!

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 30, 2012, 07:46:55 am »

After some deliberation I have considered the reality that I cannot know with absolute certainty who is scum regardless of the outright appearances of it. That I would assist in my own lynch is a terrifically anti-town move on the face of it. That no one seems to think that my Town flip furthers a case on Galzria or Insomniac makes the maneuver largely worthless. In the spirit of placing my vote where my heart is Vote: Galzria
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 30, 2012, 07:52:02 am »

In response to my early pressure applied in MVI compared to here, I had a worthwhile PR to protect and I was brand new to the game. In fact, in MVI, I made the stupid mistake of stating that Town would sorely regret my lynch which connoted that I was a PR. The fact is I did react with outrage. In this case, my role is nothing so special as to be preserved at all costs especially in light of the fact that we all have roles. What is important to note is the fact that I have reacted with outrage.

Galzria has expressly twisted the history of MVI to appear as contradictory to this game's play under pressure when, in reality, there are a notable similarities.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 30, 2012, 08:05:10 am »

After some deliberation I have considered the reality that I cannot know with absolute certainty who is scum regardless of the outright appearances of it. That I would assist in my own lynch is a terrifically anti-town move on the face of it. That no one seems to think that my Town flip furthers a case on Galzria or Insomniac makes the maneuver largely worthless. In the spirit of placing my vote where my heart is Vote: Galzria

I'm with you pps!!!

vote: Galzria

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 30, 2012, 08:19:55 am »

vote:ftl

Definitely not PPS, do not like that wagon.
ftl looks like the different kind of lynch we need to finally hit scum day 1.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 30, 2012, 09:25:48 am »

Hey everybody...so I've been spending lots more time on MVIII the last couple days than this.  Obviously a bunch of stuff has happened here, and we have a deadline in like 6 hours?  And...as of like an hour ago we have two lynches at L-5. 

I think I lean a little towards town-read on pps, but I also lean towards town on Galz.  So, I'm not going to try to support this fledgling wagon at deadline minus 6 hours.

For the moment I'll Vote: ftl.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 30, 2012, 09:31:59 am »

Vote Count 1.21:

cayvie (1): Archetype
pingpongsam (4): Galzria, Captain_Frisk, Robz888, Insomniac {L-6}
Captain_Frisk (1): Watno
ftl (5): Dsell, Axxle, cayvie, Eevee, theorel {L-5}
Galzria (2): pingpongsam, O

Not voting {1}: ashersky

5.5 hours from now!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 30, 2012, 09:40:09 am »

Read through all the ftl posts and while nothing stuck out I can see why some might be uneasy about him. I get a completely neutral read and that troubles me for some reason.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 30, 2012, 09:40:26 am »

and I'm really terrible at paying attention to WHO is voting/changing votes.  So, we had 2 at L-6 instead of L-5.  Everything else in the post still stands.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 30, 2012, 10:08:24 am »

Read through all the ftl posts and while nothing stuck out I can see why some might be uneasy about him. I get a completely neutral read and that troubles me for some reason.

Am I crazy for agreeing?

The deadline is creeping up, isn't it?  Anyone else think Cayvie's successfully ducked attention?  May I add a <b>Vote: Cayvie</b> even if it doesn't get us closer to a lynch?  Will you all be disappointed I didn't jump on a wagon?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: August 30, 2012, 10:10:23 am »

I dont see much scumminess in ftl. Sure he was posting a lot of nonrelevant stuff, but so was everyone?

I didnt think pps was scummy either until he started getting under pressure.

Why would Mafia have reservations about lynching Town?

Mafia would most certainly have reservations about getting lynched D1, which I obviously don't have.
But i think this post alone would be enough to vote him. It reads like this. 'Lynch me! See, I'm town, if I wasn't, i wouldn't want you too lynch me (So don't lynch me)'
I also think its interesting how he stops self-voting as soon as another wagon forms, and i wouldn't be surprised if he jumped on that one soon.
Unvote Vote:PPS

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 30, 2012, 10:12:05 am »

Am I crazy for agreeing?

The deadline is creeping up, isn't it?  Anyone else think Cayvie's successfully ducked attention?  May I add a <b>Vote: Cayvie</b> even if it doesn't get us closer to a lynch?  Will you all be disappointed I didn't jump on a wagon?

I don't think people will be disappointed, but it's a matter of getting 9 people to agree with you in less than 5 hours. But the standard rules apply even under pressure: if you strongly feel that someone is town, don't vote for them.

I think the reason you guys are getting such a neutral read is because his posts are all fluff, there's no real content, just the illusion of content. Trust me, all scum wants/needs to do day one is to just skate through and survive.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 30, 2012, 10:14:55 am »

I dont see much scumminess in ftl. Sure he was posting a lot of nonrelevant stuff, but so was everyone?

I didnt think pps was scummy either until he started getting under pressure.

Why would Mafia have reservations about lynching Town?

Mafia would most certainly have reservations about getting lynched D1, which I obviously don't have.
But i think this post alone would be enough to vote him. It reads like this. 'Lynch me! See, I'm town, if I wasn't, i wouldn't want you too lynch me (So don't lynch me)'
I also think its interesting how he stops self-voting as soon as another wagon forms, and i wouldn't be surprised if he jumped on that one soon.
Unvote Vote:PPS

Yeah a lot of people were posting nonrelevant stuff but it seems like most have managed to get a little content...his posts are meant to look like content (putting votes everywhere and later unvoting) while really amounting to nothing.

I agree that PPS is being survivalistic. But that "scumread" seems to always fail the town on day 1.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 30, 2012, 10:52:23 am »

Vote Count 1.21:

cayvie (2): Archetype, ashersky
pingpongsam (5): Galzria, Captain_Frisk, Robz888, Insomniac, Watno {L-5}
ftl (5): Dsell, Axxle, cayvie, Eevee, theorel {L-5}
Galzria (2): pingpongsam, O

Not voting {0}

4 hours from now! What an exciting day 1!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:56:33 am by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 30, 2012, 10:54:57 am »

PPS has 5 votes on him.

4 hours left? Who is right, PPS or Galz?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 30, 2012, 10:59:50 am »

I think scum would be voting for ftl in this post.  FTL is the lynch for today guys.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 30, 2012, 11:20:06 am »

PPS has 5 votes on him.

4 hours left? Who is right, PPS or Galz?

This isn't a right or wrong thing. I'm not, not ever have been, die hard committed to his lynch.

He's just forced me to defend my vote on him (reasonable), but has done so by making cases and statements that are verifiable as untrue - and I've quoted full posts to demonstrate this. As a result, most people went back and reread - after PPS called them to lazy to do so - and came back saying "yeah, I don't see the case you're presenting as an absolute - I see someone coming under pressure and accusing his accusers" - That's reasonable assessment, I believe, although in my opinion the way he's handled the pressure has gone beyond that. While some people agree with me, others do not. /shrug - that's the way this game works.

PPS could indeed be town. I think it's more likely he's scum. I think he scumslipped when he claimed to know that   Eevee was town, and I think that PPS is one of the best players on the forum after (especially) watching him in M-VI, and again as scum in M-VII. I absolutely believe he is not only capable, but also quite willing, to play the crazy enraged town to weasel out of a lynch. His vote on himself came when there was little pressure, and has since been removed when that didn't work. Now - I've been there. Done that. Exactly that. As town. (Actually, I kept it on at L-1 and goaded town to lynch me, but that was terrible play) But most of us here were in M-VI, and despite his accusations that I'm trying to twist history, I don't believe anybody here who played in both games would say his reactions were anywhere near equal in measurements of outrage or blanket, factless statements.

So in the end, I see this PPS as more likely scum than not. I haven't seen a strong case on ftl outside "he's posted nothing of value" - but I can make that argument on half the people here. So why should ftl be the lynch of the day?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 30, 2012, 11:57:09 am »

Am I crazy for agreeing?

I don't think people will be disappointed, but it's a matter of getting 9 people to agree with you in less than 5 hours. But the standard rules apply even under pressure: if you strongly feel that someone is town, don't vote for them.

I think the reason you guys are getting such a neutral read is because his posts are all fluff, there's no real content, just the illusion of content. Trust me, all scum wants/needs to do day one is to just skate through and survive.

Man this reeeeeaaaally makes me want to vote ashersky, since he's been flying under the radar too, and then comes in 5 hours before the deadline to cast a meaningless vote on someone with no chance of being lynched to appear involved. (btw, where's Archetype and Frisk in all this?) I'm not so much disappointed as suspicious, so I'll save a FoS: ashersky for D2.

I'll then Vote: pingpongsam. I see the merit of a ftl wagon, but I think there's a lot of folks who fit the description Dsell puts forth, and pps has seemed more outrightly scummy to me.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 30, 2012, 12:08:02 pm »

Maybe not super important, but just to edit my above post a bit, looks like Frisk has been a little more active than I remembered. But Archetype hasn't posted in almost 2 days and good God where is Robz???

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 30, 2012, 01:19:57 pm »

Okay, looks like I picked wrong.  Well, I'd rather have the info than not, so I'll go ahead and Vote: pingpongsam

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 30, 2012, 01:20:55 pm »

There is 1.5 hours till deadline!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 30, 2012, 01:29:18 pm »

Maybe not super important, but just to edit my above post a bit, looks like Frisk has been a little more active than I remembered. But Archetype hasn't posted in almost 2 days and good God where is Robz???

Robz is here. I've already voted Pingpongsam, who is the best choice by a mile. He's a great player, and yet here is a psychopath. Let's lynch him.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 30, 2012, 01:29:29 pm »

Yay, being rushed... (and by that I mean not yay)

Vote: PPS

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 30, 2012, 01:30:48 pm »

Alright!!

Remember who started this wagon.

Vote: pingpongsam

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 30, 2012, 01:31:13 pm »

And yes, I am Town you fools.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 16 queries.