Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161511 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 1 in progress
« Reply #775 on: August 29, 2012, 11:15:48 pm »

The deadline is tomorrow. PPS is NOT our only choice. I don't like that bandwagon at all. I don't think the scum PPS from MVII would be getting this much heat this early.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 29, 2012, 11:19:05 pm »

The deadline is tomorrow. PPS is NOT our only choice. I don't like that bandwagon at all. I don't think the scum PPS from MVII would be getting this much heat this early.

Town PPS would never have responded to pressure like this - I'm fact, he didn't! Many times over!

We never saw scum PPS under pressure.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 29, 2012, 11:20:08 pm »

Town PPS in M-VI would never have responded to pressure like this - I'm fact, he didn't! Many times over!

We never saw scum PPS from M-VII under pressure.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 29, 2012, 11:37:30 pm »

Vote Count 1.19:

cayvie (1): Archetype
eHalcyon (1): O
Morgrim7 (1): Morgrim7
pingpongsam (6): Galzria, Captain_Frisk, Robz888, pingpongsam, cayvie, Insomniac {L-4}
Captain_Frisk (2): Watno, theorel
Archetype (1): Cuzz
ftl (1): Dsell, Axxle
Dsell (1): ftl

No Lynch (1): eHalcyon

Not voting {3}: ashersky, Eevee

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Thursday, August 30th, at 3 p.m. forum time
15.5 hours from now!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:12:53 am by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 29, 2012, 11:44:12 pm »

vote: Galz

"town PPS would never respond like this"

you've never seen town or scum PPS wagoned against.

I think the PPS wagon is bad and suggest everyone else who does too to hop on this so we have an actual alternate wagon.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: August 29, 2012, 11:44:29 pm »

This is a dumb wagon.  PPS calls out two people voting on him for being scummy, acts super confident about it when there's no way he could be.  He might be right but he can't be certain.  But he basically wants to get lynched?  And in asking for it, it means any subsequent votes come fully loaded with an excuse.  Ridiculous.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 29, 2012, 11:46:03 pm »

I think the PPS wagon is bad and suggest everyone else who does too to hop on this so we have an actual alternate wagon.

May I interest you in FTL? I forgot you were in this game too.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 29, 2012, 11:51:31 pm »

I'll happily be the sacrificial lamb so that you 2 Mafia are outed. My role isn't that great so Town will do fine to lose me D1. You reek so bad of Mafia it's obnoxious but I understand how hard it is for most to see. Carry on with the smoke screening.

DSell, and everyone else who doesn't like a PPS lynch today, this post is the one since his return that stands out to me most.

I just don't get the sentiment behind this. I really don't like Day 1 resignation.

He says his death will out two Mafia; this is so clearly not the case. Even if he turns up town, it will only be weak evidence at best that Galz and the other person he's referring to (I'm really not sure, Insomniac maybe?) are scum. I mean, they're at least applying pressure to people: that's the towniest possible thing to do day 1!

I find Eevee scummy as well, but mostly in conjunction with PPS; it really looks like he tried to protect his buddy, got called on it, and backtracked.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 29, 2012, 11:55:17 pm »

That's fair, cayvie.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 29, 2012, 11:55:39 pm »

I'm not denying that that is scummy/stupid but it doesn't strike me as something that pro-scum PPS would ever say, especially day 1. PPS was a nobody in MVI and just hung around behind the scenes (being amazing behind the scenes, actually). We have no idea how he might have reacted if he came under pressure. This seems to me like a townie who's convinced he's found scum but is probably wrong.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 30, 2012, 12:03:32 am »

I'm not denying that that is scummy/stupid but it doesn't strike me as something that pro-scum PPS would ever say, especially day 1. PPS was a nobody in MVI and just hung around behind the scenes (being amazing behind the scenes, actually). We have no idea how he might have reacted if he came under pressure. This seems to me like a townie who's convinced he's found scum but is probably wrong.

You know what?

unvote, vote Dsell

I don't see how you can claim to know what pro-scum PPS would do under pressure day 1. You've never seen it.

I think you're scum, you know PPS is town, and you're distancing yourself from the lynch so that you look clean in the future.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 30, 2012, 12:04:10 am »

Have a swell day :)

she/her

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 30, 2012, 12:14:21 am »

You know what?

unvote, vote Dsell

I don't see how you can claim to know what pro-scum PPS would do under pressure day 1. You've never seen it.

I think you're scum, you know PPS is town, and you're distancing yourself from the lynch so that you look clean in the future.

ITT Cayvie uses the exact same reasoning I used for Galzria but completely ignores me.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 30, 2012, 12:28:08 am »

You're right. Town PPS having 4 votes (the same as here) in a town about the same size, back on July 4th in M-VI - yeah, that never happened.

Mafia Record:

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 30, 2012, 12:29:21 am »

You know what?

unvote, vote Dsell

ITT Cayvie uses the exact same reasoning I used for Galzria but completely ignores me.

I'm sorry for ignoring you, O. I didn't mean to make you feel left out.

Is this the post you're referring to?

I think you and I both know that there is a big fundamental difference between the arguments we're making. Yes, our arguments start with one premise in common:

Nobody has seen PPS under pressure.

However, Galzria's argument (for lynching PPS) doesn't hinge on faulty PPS meta the same way that Dsell's seems to. The Galz statement you're referencing, in fact, comes in response to Dsell bringing in PPS meta!

Town PPS would never have responded to pressure like this - I'm fact, he didn't! Many times over!

We never saw scum PPS under pressure.

DSell's the one who started the conversation about PPS meta; Galz can hardly be faulted for responding in kind.

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 30, 2012, 12:30:50 am »

You're right. Town PPS having 4 votes (the same as here) in a town about the same size, back on July 4th in M-VI - yeah, that never happened.

Oh, wait...

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:
Galzria(1) - eHalcyon
Ozle (3) - Robz888, Grujah, Morgrim7
pingpongsam (4)- ftl, Insomniac, Galzria, Ozle
Insomniac (1) - Cayvie
Cayvie (1) - Glooble
Robz (1) - Axxle

I think that's right. Since the last unofficial was:
Bunch of votes moved around in the last couple pages...so, I wanted this info, maybe you want it to?

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:
Galzria(1) - eHalcyon
Ozle (3) - Robz888, Grujah, Morgrim7
pingpongsam (4)- ftl, Insomniac, Galzria, Ozle
Insomniac (1) - Cayvie

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 30, 2012, 12:32:33 am »

You know what?

unvote, vote Dsell

Not distancing myself from PPS, I'm strongly suggesting a FTL lynch! If you'd like a real example of someone scummily saying nothing throughout day 1, read all his posts again. :)

But you're right. I have no idea what PPS would really do. I don't think it's this though.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 30, 2012, 12:36:07 am »

cayvie, Galz started the PPS meta. And it looks like he was right. Tbh I wasn't following MVI terribly closely on day 1 (only enough to get the gist and post an occasional vote count), but I DO know how PPS acted in MVII and how he acted behind the scenes in MVI. And I'm not focusing on the meta here. This just does not look all that scummy to me. A bit stupid and he HAS said scummy things, but...no.

READ EVERYTHING FTL HAS POSTED.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 30, 2012, 12:37:37 am »

doing it

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 30, 2012, 12:38:42 am »

cayvie, Galz started the PPS meta. And it looks like he was right. Tbh I wasn't following MVI terribly closely on day 1 (only enough to get the gist and post an occasional vote count), but I DO know how PPS acted in MVII and how he acted behind the scenes in MVI. And I'm not focusing on the meta here. This just does not look all that scummy to me. A bit stupid and he HAS said scummy things, but...no.

Will read. I'm not sold on the PPS lynch like he's sold on me - I just think it's a fine option. I'm still more than willing to listen to/read cases elsewhere.

So, ftl it is? I'll read tonight.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: August 30, 2012, 12:39:31 am »

vote: Ftl this isn't scum dsell, I'm too lazy to closely follow this game at this stage so I'll sheep Dsell's reads. Prefer Galz though.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 30, 2012, 12:40:54 am »

vote: Ftl this isn't scum dsell, I'm too lazy to closely follow this game at this stage so I'll sheep Dsell's reads. Prefer Galz though.

You do in every game. :)

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 30, 2012, 12:42:08 am »

Can't wait till we're scumbuddies.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 30, 2012, 12:43:14 am »

Can't wait till we're scumbuddies.

Like Joth and I... There are just some teams that would be truly entertaining.

Mafia Record:

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 30, 2012, 12:51:47 am »

Dsell you've responded in a way that makes me happy!

Yeah, ftl does say a whole lot of not very much. I'm with you there. I'm fine with a vote: ftl.

I would not be surprised if O and Galz were scumbuddies here, actually. They both have the balls to have this conversation right out in the open like this.

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 16 queries.