Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161555 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS
« Reply #1850 on: September 17, 2012, 11:46:45 pm »

I am glad I didn't have to choose between cayvie and Theorel. I was really, really convinced Theorel was town. Because he was for a while. I also believed cayvie was, but there was always something in the back of my mind. Guess that happens between two people who are lying to each other a whole bunch.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: September 17, 2012, 11:57:17 pm »

Also Cayvie, we would have lost and I would have lynched you if you hadn't posted your last ~5 or so posts in the neighbor thread, where you mentioned both recieving counting house and using draught of the living dead on me  ::)

well actually if you claimed during day you used draught I still probably would have lynched Theorel, but still..

see, i thought that using potions on people told you who used them! i thought you knew it was me.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: September 17, 2012, 11:58:22 pm »

No, they just got potions slipped into their drinks.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: September 18, 2012, 12:06:24 am »

Oh, and I hated being from My Little Pony. Seriously. WTF.

lol

i hated having to delete all my sarcastic posts and/or ones with swears in them!

Replace them with "Diddly"!

Man I almost did a spit take all over my laptop when I saw Galz come in on D3 with the quote from the Mafia QT. It was like a perfect storm of screwing our team with theorel giving dead Axxle's luck potion to the one guy who can spy in on QT's (how did we not think to NK him??)

Though I was highly amused at how long Insomniac managed to stay alive after that.

That quote had me thinking that Galz might be scum, because you linked Robz and me.  Knowing it was the truth, it also sounded to me like you guys were talking about the daykill rather than the mod "confirmation".

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: September 18, 2012, 12:13:25 am »

Really fun game! There was so much behind the scenes stuff happening I got so confused. And the night where ftl, Jigglypuff, asher and I died was crazy!

But now I realise how weak asher and I really were :P

Execellent modding jot! And also co-modding Volt and Glooble.

Overall, really fun! Cant wait for the next one!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: September 18, 2012, 12:16:18 am »

Really fun game! There was so much behind the scenes stuff happening I got so confused. And the night where ftl, Jigglypuff, asher and I died was crazy!

Yeah, really sorry! I thought I was so clever for figuring out that Jigglypuff and Mad hatter must both be scum roles! I used my one-shot extra night kill on you, so sorry about that. XD

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: September 18, 2012, 12:17:46 am »

Mad Hatter as bus driver, very logical. Especially because the flavor tying Eevee's character to his role was pretty weak.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: September 18, 2012, 12:18:28 am »

Yeah, I wanted everyone to have a fun role, but the town was pretty OP. So you guys were definitely pretty weak for balance reasons.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: September 18, 2012, 12:20:16 am »

Yeah, I wanted everyone to have a fun role, but the town was pretty OP. So you guys were definitely pretty weak for balance reasons.

Lies. I was so under powered. It took inspired play by Theorel to make use of my role. Certainly nothing I could really control.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: September 18, 2012, 12:24:28 am »

Your role was one of the other ones thrown in to keep town power down. As was Watno's. And Morgrim's mandatory bodyguard.

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: September 18, 2012, 12:24:57 am »

You still gave town me (not that I'm particularly useful as a person, but my role sure was) after all this balancing?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: September 18, 2012, 12:25:13 am »

Man I almost did a spit take all over my laptop when I saw Galz come in on D3 with the quote from the Mafia QT. It was like a perfect storm of screwing our team with theorel giving dead Axxle's luck potion to the one guy who can spy in on QT's (how did we not think to NK him??)

Though I was highly amused at how long Insomniac managed to stay alive after that.

That quote had me thinking that Galz might be scum, because you linked Robz and me.  Knowing it was the truth, it also sounded to me like you guys were talking about the daykill rather than the mod "confirmation".

Just goes to show how hard it is to deduce what's obvious to others. When Galz posted the quote from our QT, from my perspective it was equivalent to joth saying "Cuzz and Insom are scum, promise I'm not lying."

The you and Robz thing was that both of you had made mention of a power involving music. I really wonder what would have happened if I had faked my nameclaim. I thought hard about it, but you had claimed what seemed like an ability to catch anyone in a lie, and all the while Insom of all people was pushing me to take my turn in the nameclaim so I panicked and told the truth.

I'm also completely ashamed in retrospect of not picking up on the earthbending flavor.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: September 18, 2012, 12:32:25 am »

You still gave town me (not that I'm particularly useful as a person, but my role sure was) after all this balancing?

Well, I felt super bad that I accidentally missed your sign-up! And I couldn't put you on a scum team. So I tried to make a really weak town role. It went like this:

What doesn't the setup have? A night-action bus driver! How can I make a bus-driver weaker? Only make it one-way.

Then I realized that was actually stronger. OH WELL.

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: September 18, 2012, 12:33:29 am »

Well, I felt super bad that I accidentally missed your sign-up! And I couldn't put you on a scum team. So I tried to make a really weak town role. It went like this:

What doesn't the setup have? A night-action bus driver! How can I make a bus-driver weaker? Only make it one-way.

Then I realized that was actually stronger. OH WELL.
I didn't really mind.. ;)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: September 18, 2012, 12:45:49 am »

Yeah, really sorry! I thought I was so clever for figuring out that Jigglypuff and Mad hatter must both be scum roles! I used my one-shot extra night kill on you, so sorry about that. XD
Don't sweat it! Mad Hatter does seem pretty scummy :P I would have suspected them too.

I was going to claim the blue caterpilar, but I couldnt remember his name! So in a quick decision I said MH and hoped asher could think of something to claim.

Are QT isnt as interesting as the others :P It was mainly accusing others as Scum and figuring out who we wanted to vote for… But we were wrong about nearly everything XD

Ashersky is a good player though. A lot more vocal than me :P

Those post restrictions we had were messed up! I couldn't understand half of what asher meant in his posts and it was very difficult to express my opinion on anything.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: September 18, 2012, 07:59:27 am »

I will say, that I was really confused there at the end.  jo told me that both Voltaire and DSell had died...but I knew I hadn't killed them.  I had looked at the neighborhood QT, and I had already figured that DSell was doctor (as I said the day we lynched Insom).  Cayvie bringing O back to life made it extremely unlikely she was the SK.  I just couldn't figure out what could be going on.  If only Cayvie hadn't brought O back to life, I could have had my first "win" at mafia (being tied with town).  But alas, I ended up joining the sinking ship that was the scum-team that couldn't NK anybody.

Anyways, I still had fun, and I was trying to concoct a way to convince O to lynch cayvie.  I think had he not been neighborized, I might have tried to convince him that I had a 3rd-shot of my dead-powers and had used it to res him with Snape's potion.  I don't know if he would have believed me though.  Obviously not with cayvie talking about Counting House in the neighbor thread.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: September 18, 2012, 10:12:19 am »

Your role was one of the other ones thrown in to keep town power down. As was Watno's. And Morgrim's mandatory bodyguard.

Did Watno have any power besides turning a random person into a whale? What kind of other random effects would have happened if he had more chances to use it?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: September 18, 2012, 10:21:17 am »

Watno had a (non-secret) second vote and he took an extra vote to lynch.

The IID turned a random player into a whale the first night. It doctored a random player (Robz) night.

The plan was to have it do a random effect that would potentially help whatever team was losing. (so the random doctor could have been a random roleblock or even a random kill, depending on the game state). If everyone was doing about the same, it would do something neutral, probably flavor-related.

When Glooble and I were younger we did a good amount of D&D Homebrewing and he used to like drawing up really complicated d-percentile tables for D&D artifacts (think the deck of many things). I was hoping to talk him into drawing up one of those for the IID, but there wasn't time.

He/him

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: September 18, 2012, 12:36:47 pm »

YAY, we won
And Dsell actually was scum when he refused to nameclaim.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: September 18, 2012, 12:38:41 pm »

well, half-scum.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: September 18, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »

We woulda won too if it wasn't for you kids and the meddling dog too...

Oops no scooby based roles.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: September 18, 2012, 01:37:10 pm »

There WILL be a sequel, in terms of roles from all around pop culture and flavor being key.

However, (1) not for a while and (2) I'm aiming for it to be a non-bastard role madness game with better balance and an honest mod.

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: September 18, 2012, 01:51:59 pm »

YAY, we won
And Dsell actually was scum when he refused to nameclaim.

Most helpful scum ever, NK'ing 2 mafia and stopping a NK in the endgame... That had nothing to do with not claiming though. I could safely fakeclaim any medical doctor on tv. There were a lot of reasons for not claiming: Doctor is often a prime target for mafia NK's, if I became full SK later I wouldn't be bound to doctoring or a fake claim, if I became town I could maybe fully explain the whole situation and wouldn't have to explain a fake claim (or fake breadcrumb. Breadcrumbing House from House might have been a mistake in the first place, I did regret it some later). I did what I thought was best both for me and for the town. Fortunately no one really went after me for it.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: September 18, 2012, 02:51:33 pm »

I will say, that I was really confused there at the end.  jo told me that both Voltaire and DSell had died...but I knew I hadn't killed them.  I had looked at the neighborhood QT, and I had already figured that DSell was doctor (as I said the day we lynched Insom).  Cayvie bringing O back to life made it extremely unlikely she was the SK.  I just couldn't figure out what could be going on.  If only Cayvie hadn't brought O back to life, I could have had my first "win" at mafia (being tied with town).  But alas, I ended up joining the sinking ship that was the scum-team that couldn't NK anybody.

Anyways, I still had fun, and I was trying to concoct a way to convince O to lynch cayvie.  I think had he not been neighborized, I might have tried to convince him that I had a 3rd-shot of my dead-powers and had used it to res him with Snape's potion.  I don't know if he would have believed me though.  Obviously not with cayvie talking about Counting House in the neighbor thread.

I was going to test to see who knew the name.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: September 18, 2012, 05:02:47 pm »

Looks like dying was actually a pretty good move for me, since you guys raided all my potions and used them extremely well!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 16 queries.