Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161582 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Night 6, PM mod for QT
« Reply #1775 on: September 17, 2012, 09:51:19 pm »

More like you did it while I sat idly by, amused.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 17, 2012, 09:53:02 pm »

Well that was a short day. Sorry, theorel.

Town Wins!

theorel, mafia-aligned Cylon (previously Town-Aligned Snapcaster Mage) has been lynched.

O, town-aligned Donald X. Vaccarino and cayvie, town-aligned Ned Flanders survive.

Role PMs and links to come.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:03 pm »

So...close...

Curious who killed me that final night.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:16 pm »

Hey, O, I was wondering, did you get access to my Neighborhood?

I invited you the same night I fed you Snape's Draught of Living Death.

ppe: WOOOOOOO
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:30 pm »

So...close...

Theorel. Duh.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:52 pm »

I'm guessing cayvie deserves some kind of a medal here? Thanks for winning this for my faction, buddy!

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:56 pm »

I did but couldn't post while dead.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 17, 2012, 09:55:33 pm »

You guys I'm so happy!!!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 17, 2012, 09:56:21 pm »

I did but couldn't post while dead.

cool, that's what i was hoping would happen
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: September 17, 2012, 09:58:36 pm »

So...close...

Theorel. Duh.

Nope, it was me! I was odd night doctor, even-night SK. I had to play to whichever wincon I had at the time. I KNEW that I had to not get myself NK'd last night or I would lose as SK. So I framed Theorel as SK in the neighborhood topic, hoping Voltaire would shoot him instead of me. BUT last night I converted into full townie, presumably because I killed lots of scum with my NKs. So I managed to get the town win. WHEW.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: September 17, 2012, 09:59:00 pm »

You guys I'm so happy!!!

Did I cure you?

I gave you Snape's Cure for Insanity last night!

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: September 17, 2012, 10:00:19 pm »

oh, uh, I lied a LOT in the neighborhood thread

lol

she/her

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: September 17, 2012, 10:00:55 pm »

You guys I'm so happy!!!

Did I cure you?

I gave you Snape's Cure for Insanity last night!

NO WAY. Yes, that's gotta be what cured me.

I was lying to you a ton too. XD

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: September 17, 2012, 10:01:24 pm »

Role PMs:

Bastard Mafia (No factional nightkill, but daychat ability)

ftl:

You are Senator Palpatine, Mafia Lynch-Only Busdriver

You are a Senator in the Galactic Republic. Also a powerful Sith lord, but the time has not come to reveal that yet. For now, you must use political machinations to affect your aims.

You belong to the Mafia faction, but because this is a Bastard game, you don't get a nightkill.  Instead, your weapon is your vote. Also, other peoples' votes. At the beginning of the day you may select two people in the game. Votes for one will go to the other and vice-versa, but this will not be reflected in the vote counts until a lynch occurs (and even then, only if one of your targets is lynched).

Also, you are role-investigative-immune. PM me a fake role. If someone investigates your role, they will be told that. You may safely flavor-claim anyone from Lord of the Rings.

Your scummate is _____ and you can talk to them here: Even during the day! You also have a sleeper agent in the town, _____. Don't kill them! They don't know they're on your team, but if one of you dies they'll be recruited in. You win when only your team remains or nothing can prevent the same.

Modnote: When the role passed to theorel, I added a rule that he couldn't bus the same target two consecutive nights.

Robz888:

You are Princess Azula, Mafia Double-Voter and 1-Shot Dayvig

You are the heir to the fire nation thrown. Being the Princess gets you an extra vote in town affairs. Being able to shoot lightning at people lets you kill them. Once. Because you can't just go zapping people all the time – that's no way to rule a kingdom.

You belong to the Mafia faction, but because this is a Bastard game, you don't get a nightkill.  Instead, your weapon is your vote. And your other vote. At any time in the game you may PM the mod a secret second vote.

Also, you are alignment-investigative-immune. You will investigate as town. You may safely flavor-claim anyone from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Your scummate is _____ and you can talk to them here: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/DsPUJZTUTwFeM .  Even during the day! You also have a sleeper agent in the town, _____. Don't kill them! They don't know they're on your team, but if one of you dies they'll be recruited in. You win when only your team remains or nothing can prevent the same.

Robz is a big Avatar fan and made a case for Dai-Li flavor on his daykill.

theorel's second PM:

Surprise! You're not really town. You were a member of the mafia all along, and also a Cylon. Now that one of their number has died, you've been activated. You have been programmed to take on the following powers:

At the beginning of the day you may select two people in the game. Votes for one will go to the other and vice-versa, but this will not be reflected in the vote counts until a lynch occurs (and even then, only if one of your targets is lynched). You may not use this power on yourself. You may not choose the same target on two consecutive nights, unless insufficient targets are available.

You may talk to your remaining teammate, Robz888, here, after the flip is posted: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/DsPUJZTUTwFeM

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: September 17, 2012, 10:02:13 pm »

oh, uh, I lied a LOT in the neighborhood thread

lol

I'm so jealous that you got another QT to chat it up in. I had noone but myself to keep me company at night.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:11 pm »

A mafia team without a nightkill is tough :(

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:45 pm »

Mafia (Original flavor)

Frisk/Voltaire

You are Draco Malfoy, a not-so-innocent child. I mean you're still reasonably innocent. But you do serve the Dark Lord and perform killing curses. You can also send your flunkies Crabbe and Goyle  to follow people and report back to you.

Once during the game, you may PM the mod. He will announce that you are an innocent child and confirmed town. However, unlike a real IC power, two game-days later he will tell the town to disregard the previous announcement. He won't confirm you scum, but he will unconfirm you as town, pissing off everyone.

Also, once during the night you may target someone. I will tell you who they used their power on that night, if they used a targeted power.

You may safely fakeclaim any Marvel superhero.

Your scummates are _____ and ______ and you can talk to them here:  http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/MGfgai4JzuSBC . You all get a factional nightkill which one of the three of you must submit. You win when only your team remains or nothing can prevent the same.

insomniac:

You are Jotheonah. No wait, I'm Jotheonah. Well I don't know who the hell you are, but you think you're me and you are a Mafia Mod Wannabe.

Once on even-numbered days, you can PM me a single post of 100 words or less which I will post in mod colors. I will try not to directly contradict it, but don't push your luck.

Once per night, can choose a player and assign them a post restriction within reason for the following day. Within reason means they still have to be able to play the game and you can't force them to reveal private information.

Your scummates are _____ and ______ and you can talk to them here:  http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/MGfgai4JzuSBC . You all get a factional nightkill which one of the three of you must submit. You win when only your team remains or nothing can prevent the same.

Cuzz:

You are Jigglypuff, an adorable pokemon and also scum. (and also Mafia Rolebocker.) You sing beautiful music that puts everyone to sleep, and then possibly draw mustaches on them.

Once per night, you can choose a player. That player cannot perform actions that night. They can still be killed. They will be informed they were roleblocked.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: September 17, 2012, 10:06:08 pm »

Dsell:

You are Dr. Henry Jekyll, the Town Doctor. Yes, all you want to do is heal the sick and there is nothing strange or unholy about you.

Once per night you may target a person. That person will survive up to 2 attacks on them.

Oh, and you injected yourself with an experimental serum that causes you to become, on even-numbered nights and days...

Edward Hyde, bloodthirsty Serial Killer. When you are unleashed, you must kill and vanquish from the world the evil Jekyll doesn't have the guts to face.

Oh, it's not fair that you're an SK and you can only kill every other night? Well, once during the game you may use an extra night kill. Also, you are certain there is a way you can banish Jekyll forever and take over as the one and only true persona, perhaps by choosing your targets carefully.

You win when everyone is dead except you. They were all at least a little evil.

Oh and Dr. Jekyll, you're also certain there's a way to banish Hyde, perhaps by practicing your craft with maximum skill. But until you find it, you can't risk the town learning your secret. You're forbidden from flavor-claiming Jekyll or informing the town about Hyde. If you need a fakeclaim, you can safely claim any medical doctor on television. And as an extra bit of incentive, you do not win with town if town kills you.

Otherwise, you win when only town survives.

Oh and one more thing, kids. You're Jekyll on odd days and nights and Hyde on even days and nights. If I catch you playing to a win con other than your current one, I'll modkill you. So have fun with it.

If neither Jekyll nor Hyde has vanquished the other by the end of the game, you win or lose with the wincon you currently have as the game ends.

Cure for Insanity made him Jekyll. Killing another scum team would have made him Hyde. Two successful night kills would have made him Jekyll. I was sure the person who got this role was gonna hate me, but Dsell was a pro.

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: September 17, 2012, 10:09:37 pm »

Thank you thank you thank you cayvie.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: September 17, 2012, 10:12:03 pm »

The most important night action of the game has to be O giving me Counting House.

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: September 17, 2012, 10:14:10 pm »

Town PMs

Morgrim7:

You are Katniss Everdeen, the District 12 tribute to the Hunger Games. You are a Vigilante and Body Guard. You managed to get your hands on a bow, and you can choose to shoot someone or not each night. But you have no choice about protecting the innocent, giving your own life if necessary.

Each night you MAY choose to target a player with a night kill. Each night you MUST choose to target a player for protection, and if they are targeted for a nightkill you will die instead.

You win when only town survives

Axxle:

You are Severus Snape, Town Potionsmaster and, in mafia terms, miller.  You work for Dumbledore, teaching stupid kids how to brew magic potions, but you desperately want everyone to hate you anyway for some reason.

You will investigate as mafia, even though you're not. SORRY.

On the plus side, you have an arsenal of potions you can slip in peoples' drinks, each potion once, one potion each night. If you are roleblocked you'll retain that night's potion. The cauldrons in your dungeon office contain:
-Veritaserum
-Felix Felicis
-Polyjuice Potion
-Draught of the Living Dead
-Cure for Insanity

You win when only town survives.

Veritaserum – someone can't outright lie for a whole day
Felix Felicis – Protects someone from all nightkills and makes them investigate however they choose. Makes them lucky in any other appropriate way.
Polyjuice Potion – Snape selects someone to take a hair from. The Potion recipient gets their powers (and hints about their flavor) for one night.
Cure for Insanity – Will make J&H permanently Jekyll
Draught of the Living Death – To everyone, it will appear to NK the recipient. But a day later, they'll come back to life.

cayvie:

You are Ned Flanders, Town Neighborizer. You want everyone to be your neighbor, metaphorically, like a good Christian should.

You have your own QT here: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/sZpipnWADL9 . Right now you're all alone there, but each night you may target someone and add them to it. You will not learn about their alignment or role or anything, you'll just get to talk to them at night.

You also have a direct line to God. And by God, I mean mod. Once per night you may PM me a yes or no question about the setup (no asking about individuals!) and I will answer it guaranteed 100% honestly. On the offchance you come up with a yes or no question that breaks the game, I reserve the right to make you choose a new question, but I'll try not to. Honest knowledge about the setup is a great gift! Use it wisely.

Oh and also you get a post restriction. As much as possible, during the game, you have to be nice to everyone. I probably won't modkill you for being mean, but I could!

theorel's original PM:

You are a Town Snapcaster Mage.

You a crucial part of the Standard metagame for at least another year, so you might as well enjoy it. When you enter the battlefield, you may cast a spell from your graveyard as if it had flashback - in other words, once per game you may use the power of a dead player (town or scum.) PM me the name of the player and your target. If the player in question had multiple Night Actions available to them, you will be able to select one.

O:

You are Donald X. Vaccarino. You made a cool game once, and that makes you a sort of Town Inventor.

Once per night, you may target one person and send them a Dominion card. I will determine what it does based on the card, but it will give them a mafia power of some kind. You can send one every night, but you can't send the same card twice. You have $24 and a Potion to spend over the course of the game. That means you could send out 12 $2 cards or 4 $6 cards or anything in between. More expensive cards will have more powerful effects.

O ended the game with $6 left to spend. I may have made the cards too powerful.

pingpongsam:

You are Constable Odo. You are a shapeshifter from the Gamma Quadrant, and your job is to keep order on Deep Space Nine. Or, you know in the town. You're a Cop and 1-Shot Shapeshifter.

Once per night you can target someone and determine their alignment. Immunities are possible.

Once during the game (stupid CGI budget) you may target someone and transform into them, gaining their powers for one night. You cede your cop power for that night.

You win when only town players remain.

Galzria:

You are Fluttershy, a magical flying pony from the land of Equestria. You are very shy and you love the animals and they love you. Your animal friends bring you snippets of conversations whispered during the night.

Once per night, I will PM you a snippet of a random conversation that occurred in someone's PM, with the names edited out. You may quote this in the main forum, if you want.

Also, every now and again you can get your quiet voice together and make people listen to your compassionate heart. Once per game, during twilight, you may cancel a just-happened lynch either by posting “Cancel Lynch” in the thread or by PMing me.

Galz tried to use his power night 1 but I screwed up and didn't give him enough time.

Archetype:

You are Tweedle-Dee. ashersky is your Lover and fellow Mason Tweedledum. You live in a land of wonder that probably only exists in a little girl's imagination. Also you like to recite poetry.

You know that Tweedledum is town. Promise I'm not lying. You can talk to him here: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/BGg459q8xPu  If he dies, you die too, though a doctor can save you.

You have a terribly unwieldy post-restriction: You must post in rhyming couplets. You may trade post restrictions with your partner at any time if you both agree to it.

ashersky:

You are Tweedle-Dum. Archetype is your Lover and fellow Mason Tweedledee. You live in a land of wonder that probably only exists in a little girl's imagination. Also you like to recite poetry.

You know that Tweedledee is town. Promise I'm not lying. You can talk to him here: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/BGg459q8xPu  If he dies, you die too, though a doctor can save you.

You have a terribly unwieldy post-restriction: You may only post in questions. You may trade post restrictions with your partner at any time if you both agree to it.

eHalcyon:

You are R2D2, the Rebel Alliance's secret weapon and a 1-Shot Bulletproof Droid of All Trades

Once per night you may use one of four gadgets, once each. (I don't know you have a low battery or something). You are equipped with:
-Portable Bacta Tank
-Stunner
-Scanner
-Holoprojector with data discs

The first time you are targeted with a nightkill, you'll survive. You must post one post per day in Morse Code.

You win when only the town survives.

Watno:

You are Zaphod Beeblebrox, one-time President of the Galaxy, but ultimately “just zis guy, y'know.” Everybody likes you, so it takes an extra vote to lynch you. Also, you're the president of the galaxy, so you get an extra vote, but it's not a secret vote. It's out there and in your face.

Also, you have an infinite improbability drive. Use it once per night and something improbable will happen. Or don't, your choice.

You win if only town survives. But also, you win as long as you survive to the end.

The drive did several different things.

Eevee:

You are a Scarecrow in the magical land of Oz. You sit perched on a fence pointing people in the right direction down the road. But, people do go both ways. And you don't see any problem with that. You're a Town Redirector.

Once per night, you can target two people in the town. Any night actions performed on Person A will be performed on Person B – but not vice versa.

This role was hastily added at the last minute.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: September 17, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »

Finally, here is the Night Action google doc, if you can parse it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjYIb0xGWh6ydFFfSFJ1S3hiQXF0WGNIcXdxcTBHcUE

I want to thank you all for playing and apologize to the people who found their roles un-fun or unplayable. I've definitely learned a lot about how far you can go with Bastard and I definitely won't run a game quite like this in the future.

I had an awesome time modding it.

Mad props to Glooble and especially Voltgloss for all their help.

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: September 17, 2012, 10:16:51 pm »

what did R2D2's things do?

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: September 17, 2012, 10:19:04 pm »

-Bacta Tank (1-shot doc)
-Stunner (1-shot roleblock)
-Scanner (1-shot rolecop)
-Holoprojector/Data disc (1-shot mailman)

Also, the Scanner was secretly three-shot. There was a flavor scan, an alignment scan, and a tracker scan.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.758 seconds with 16 queries.