Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161594 times)

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 2, PM mod for QT
« Reply #1625 on: September 11, 2012, 09:16:58 pm »

OK, well...
Vote:Insomniac
Apologies to whomever was bussed with Insomniac.  I apparently blocked your power using Cuzz' ability to play music at night of his choice and block night actions.

I'm not sure what would be the best way to confirm that I did that and Cuzz is in fact the other scum...but I will explain the use of my night-power.

I did lie a bit, I actually had 2 shots of using dead people's powers.  I figured that was reasonable, since scum might kill me if they knew I could use another power (such as pps's investigation).  And so last night I copied pingpongsam.  Anyways, I was expecting that I'd be able to investigate a single person (since he seemed to be a one-shot cop based on saying his role was weak, and the QT quoting.)
Well, I don't know if he misread his power or what, but he was not in fact a one-shot cop.  He was a full cop with an EXTRA one-shot ability to convert himself into someone and use their power (Constable Odo's shapeshifting).  Well, I was going to use the cop power, but I just couldn't bring myself to pass up the opportunity to use another someone else's power, so I used Cuzz's power (I figured this would also confirm him as scum, while giving me opportunity to roleblock Insomniac).  So, I roleblocked Insomniac (hoping to stop use of the card O got him), except apparently he was bussed, so I would suppose that means I roleblocked someone else :(.

So, I'm not 100% sure if I should just say what music I played, or if we should trouble ourselves to do a better confirmation to let you all know Cuzz is scum.  I will say, it was related to the music Cuzz already played, but not as sinister.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: September 11, 2012, 09:17:47 pm »

Also I'm of course going to vote Insomniac again later, but I think we should wait for everyone to have a say in case someone got a good nighttime result.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: September 11, 2012, 09:31:30 pm »

DSELL get back in here and vote for me.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: September 11, 2012, 09:32:13 pm »

Also when Galzria mentioned the thing about asking the mod questions it made me think someone in thread had announced that they had that ability.  Anyways, if anyone else was thinking similarly: it was Insomniac.  He said he could ask questions of the mod and have them answered in-thread.  So, anyways, it was bothering me and I looked it up, so...there it is.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: September 11, 2012, 09:34:02 pm »

Also when Galzria mentioned the thing about asking the mod questions it made me think someone in thread had announced that they had that ability.  Anyways, if anyone else was thinking similarly: it was Insomniac.  He said he could ask questions of the mod and have them answered in-thread.  So, anyways, it was bothering me and I looked it up, so...there it is.

Read Galzria post again. There is a different claim there. One is at night one is in thread. I can ask the mod a question today to be answered in thread. The at posted is an at night thing
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: September 11, 2012, 09:34:50 pm »

Also also, in rereading I noticed that Galz' quote actually had the exchange where pinpongsam was informed that his cop-power wasn't one-shot and his shapeshift was.  I don't know why I misread that before...anyways, it makes some of my above post sound really stupid (at least to me).

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: September 11, 2012, 09:35:28 pm »

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: September 11, 2012, 09:40:40 pm »

Read Galzria post again. There is a different claim there. One is at night one is in thread. I can ask the mod a question today to be answered in thread. The at posted is an at night thing

Right...I was just saying that I remembered that it had been announced that someone could ask questions of the mod.  And it was actually you saying that you could ask questions to be confirmed in thread.  I guess I should have clarified that these are different as-stated.  It's just the ask-mod-a-question thing that was tickling at my memory.

I suddenly wonder if Insomniac is being bussed right now and that's why he's voting himself?  Maybe we need to lynch the other half-of-the-bus (although he seemed fine with that yesterday too)?  Maybe he can't be killed until the bus-driver is dead?  Now that I've thought about it more, I'm a little nervous about trying to lynch Insomniac...um...unvote.  At least until everyone has weighed in to say if they're being bussed with Insomniac today.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: September 11, 2012, 09:40:56 pm »

stop voting insomniac, people
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: September 11, 2012, 09:43:26 pm »

I want to see if that person gets information similar to the information robz got yesterday :)

I figure that way we can tell if Robz was trying to get himself lynched or not.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: September 11, 2012, 09:44:32 pm »

I want to see if that person gets information similar to the information robz got yesterday :)

I figure that way we can tell if Robz was trying to get himself lynched or not.

"that person" being the person Ins was bussed with

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: September 11, 2012, 10:12:33 pm »

Ins is telling me one heck of a good story, btw, guys!

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 11, 2012, 10:20:32 pm »

I just don't buy that he has a daybus again. Could he have been bussed yesterday? Sure. Could he have been last night? Yeah, possibly individually or via carryover from yesterday. But the "bus" is obviously a scum power and having the ability to constantly protect your scummate day after day by perma-bussing him with town is ridiculous. I doubt Cayvie is lying that she targeted somebody else - but I absolutely do not believe that Insomniac is bussed again today.

Theorel, do you have proof that your use of Cuzz's power did not effect Insomniac? My power worked and I did not hear music.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 11, 2012, 10:46:17 pm »

Before this gets out of hand I want to say again that my power has nothing to do with mysterious music. I'm not sure what theorel did, but with all the bussing and target-switching going on I think we have to be careful about who we accuse based on what we learn during nighttime. 

The only thing I really trust so far is Galz's quote from yesterday which directly fingers Insomniac as scum. He cannot be lying since he would have been modkilled if he was faking a power. (Ok, I guess he could have some mod-permission to spin elaborately constructed fake QT quotes but that seems far-fetched).

I agree with Galz that it's doubtful Ins got daybussed again. He narrowly escaped lynch yesterday and is trying some other gambit to survive to one more night. I'm ready to vote for him, but I can wait for a bit more discussion.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 11, 2012, 10:53:43 pm »

I just don't buy that he has a daybus again. Could he have been bussed yesterday? Sure. Could he have been last night? Yeah, possibly individually or via carryover from yesterday. But the "bus" is obviously a scum power and having the ability to constantly protect your scummate day after day by perma-bussing him with town is ridiculous. I doubt Cayvie is lying that she targeted somebody else - but I absolutely do not believe that Insomniac is bussed again today.

Theorel, do you have proof that your use of Cuzz's power did not effect Insomniac? My power worked and I did not hear music.

Well, I didn't target Robz last night, so it's not that :)

I'm feeling like there's a daybusser and a nightbusser among us.

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: September 11, 2012, 10:59:27 pm »

Well, I didn't target Robz last night, so it's not that :)

I'm feeling like there's a daybusser and a nightbusser among us.

It doesn't seem that farfetched that he would've been bussed for all of D3 through N3. However, if someone comes out with the claim that they've been daybussed (note: nobody made that claim on the first two days - and given it's a likely scum role (town would've admitted to doing it by now), that means it's either 1 shot or they choose not to use it the first two days, which seems highly unlikely), I'll happily lynch them in the name of killing Insomniac since it will lend credit to Robz' claim yesterday.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 11, 2012, 11:10:31 pm »

Okay, well, after thinking on it some more, I've come to the conclusion that it can only help the town to share my information, and I do love being helpful!

This is because most of my info comes from Insomniac, who I am >99% certain is scum. The reason not to share info is because the scum might get it; since the info is coming from Insomniac, then scum already have it.

So.

Facts I know
I have two abilities; one involves neighborizing, and the other involves asking God yes/no questions about the setup (I can't ask about players).
I have asked three questions and gotten the following answers: There are more than 3 QT's in the game, someone did make jotheonah lie D2, and there are not 8 serial killers in this game. I asked the SK question as a control, like I explained in the quote Galz found; I was suspicious that jotheonah would have made me naive, and given me yes answers to everything.
The only plausible lie that someone could have made jotheonah tell D2 was that Insomniac and Eevee were modconfirmed town.
Eevee is dead and town.
This means Insomniac is scum.
Galzria's QT-reading ability is accurate; he got a quote from me last night.
I tried to neighborize XXX last night, and got Insomniac instead.

Things Insomniac has told me
He got a Possession card from O.
That card would let him target someone and use their ability.
He used it on ftl last night.
He found out that ftl is a daybusser (at daybreak, he chooses 2 people, and day actions and votes against them are switched).
He used the daybus ability on himself and ftl.

Things I highly suspect
Insomniac has the ability to make Jotheonah say false things during the day.

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 11, 2012, 11:19:57 pm »

Robz and FTL can confirm daybussing.

O can confirm possession and sort of soft claimed I had it already on Day 3. I'll get the quote where he claimed it now...

also note that if Insomniac doesn't die, we should do everything in our power to roleblock him.

Everything.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 11, 2012, 11:28:40 pm »

Insomniac, why are you trying to prove that you are Mafia?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 11, 2012, 11:31:33 pm »

Insomniac, why are you trying to prove that you are Mafia?

I'm not mafia, I want people to know all the information they can have. a daybusser not claiming after all the events is scummy and I knew you guys would wrongly try to lynch me today so I day bussed myself and ftl. I thought I could trust neighbour cayvie so I told her what I did so that it would be more believable when it happened hoping that she would wait to tell the town.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:47 pm »

Of the things Insom said to you, cayvie, some are true and some are not; I am not a daybusser, though he did Possess me. As far as I know I'm not daybussed, so I'm not buying Insom's WIFOM.

Vote: Insomniac
, though nobody hammer without letting everyone have their say. That's 4 votes on him I think, or maybe 5.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 11, 2012, 11:36:07 pm »

Of the things Insom said to you, cayvie, some are true and some are not; I am not a daybusser, though he did Possess me. As far as I know I'm not daybussed, so I'm not buying Insom's WIFOM.

Vote: Insomniac
, though nobody hammer without letting everyone have their say. That's 4 votes on him I think, or maybe 5.

Wow really? cuz thats not what your role pm said nor what robz said yesterday. Did you daybus yourself and me too knowing that I would daybus you?

Im already voting for me right? Yea ok good!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 11, 2012, 11:43:01 pm »

Unofficial vote count:

Insomniac (4): Robz, Galz, Insomniac, ftl

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 11, 2012, 11:44:01 pm »

Looks like 7 to lynch, so I'm on board with vote: Insomniac here.

I'm trying to think of a situation in which this is the wrong play and coming up with nothing.

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 11, 2012, 11:45:02 pm »

Looks like 7 to lynch, so I'm on board with vote: Insomniac here.

I'm trying to think of a situation in which this is the wrong play and coming up with nothing.

Bye bye ftl!
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 16 queries.