Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161502 times)

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 2, PM mod for QT
« Reply #1275 on: September 05, 2012, 10:42:26 pm »

Catching up on thread... again... I realized why I feel like I've been having such a hard time keeping up with my 3 games - because I'm spending random free moments watching the US Open. Usually f.ds is my go-to timewaster, but for the last week it's been tennis. I feel sort of stupid for not realizing this earlier, I've just had this feeling that I have no idea what's going on in any of my games and that I'm lurking.

I have no idea who was online at the time of the daykill; is there a way to go back and figure it out, or do you just have to have gotten the online list right as it happened? 

(BTW, as I mentioned in a previous mafia game, I have my settings set so that it doesn't show when I'm online. I set that way back in Mafia I, when TINAS mentioned using it to catch people with power roles when he was scum. So it's not even a reliable indicator. Might be better than nothing if we had a good list, but it's no guarantee.)

Not sure who's lying among the people who claimed before eHal announced that he'd found the liar. I suppose it could still be Watno.

Who's Peeta Meelark and why is Morgrim7 voting for them? Or maybe Morgrim has today's 'only vote and don't talk' restriction, and that's his rolename? Apparently Peeta Mellark is somebody from The Hunger Games, says the internet. Is he allowed to do that, get around posting restrictions by prefacing them with "Vote"?

OK, claims so far:
Morgrim7 - Peeta Mellark?
Watno - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Galz - Fluttershy
Robz - General Iroh
Me - Samwise Gamgee
Cayvie - Ned Flanders
Cuzz - Jigglypuff
theorel - Snapcaster mage

I know nothing about Peeta Mellark or General Iroh, and very little about Fluttershy. Are any of those scummy characters? Morgrim and Robz, plz explain what your characters are like!

People who did not nameclaim:
Captain_Frisk
Archetype
O
Eevee
Insomniac
Dsell

should get in here and claim to finish up the list and then we can move on. Except I guess Dsell who's refusing.

Snapcaster mage using veritaserum - you can try to guess at who among the list of 7 claimants is lying and feed them veritaserum, or take a stab at locating a scum among the rest. It's basically a 1-shot cop now I guess. Give it to whoever is hardest to read. Maybe cayvie or robz? Or dsell for refusing. Not galz.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: September 05, 2012, 11:15:32 pm »

In answer to who General Iroh is, he is a wise adviser type. Sort of the Obi-Wan Kenobi of the Avatar universe. He was cheated out of the throne of the Fire Nation after his evil brother stole the spot; at the same time, he lost his son in a war. Later, he found inner peace by communing with the spirits and becoming a mentor to his nephew, whom he loves like a son.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 05, 2012, 11:15:57 pm »

Also, it's silly to have half the people claimed and half unclaimed, so we should get on with that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 05, 2012, 11:20:41 pm »

Also also, I'd have to imagine the scum wanted to kill EHalcyon BEFORE they revealed their roles, in case he was going to immediately contradict any of them (if that's indeed what killed him). And it does look like the killer was paying pretty close attention to the thread, to kill him at such a precise moment. Who was going to be next to claim?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: September 05, 2012, 11:22:57 pm »

Robz is scummy as hell for that crap logic: It was not a precise moment if the scum who killed them was not caught in the lie Ehalycon proclaimed. It's only a precise moment daykill if they were.

I might aswell claim since I won't catch anyone in a lie.

I'm DXV, bitches.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 05, 2012, 11:26:39 pm »

Robz is scummy as hell for that crap logic: It was not a precise moment if the scum who killed them was not caught in the lie Ehalycon proclaimed. It's only a precise moment daykill if they were.

I might aswell claim since I won't catch anyone in a lie.

I'm DXV, bitches.

I think there was one game once where we agreed on something. MIII, maybe?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 05, 2012, 11:32:07 pm »

yarly

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 06, 2012, 12:16:59 am »

Oh and

I'm DXV, bitches.

Vote: O until Dark Ages is available on Isotropic.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 06, 2012, 12:58:54 am »

I will claim now because I have been asked to claim, I am jotheonah
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 06, 2012, 01:01:59 am »

I am NOT willing to breadcrumb (in the morning, going to bed now) my name if Insom/eevee really want but I think it's gonna be reeeeally helpful to the town. The only thing it's NOT good for is accountability for me (if needed) later.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 06, 2012, 02:05:35 am »

Does anyone mind if I jump ahead and claim my name now?

Did you guys know that I'm The Mad Hatter? Does anyone else still feel that Watno is scummy? Who else thinks we should grill those who name-claimed before eHalcyon's death?

Vote: Watno

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 06, 2012, 07:52:06 am »

So we do have a shared universe?

I mean Mad Hatter and whoever ashersky is still not explicitly claiming. Probably should have guessed that based on their similar post restrictions.

The philosophers can debate whether DVX and jotheonah count as the same universe.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 06, 2012, 08:41:24 am »

People who don't believe my claim should think about why cayvie got turned into a whale. (Hint: It's a reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide). Since noone else claims to be from the Hitchhiker's Guide, you can be pretty sure about that part.

After reading again i noticed another inconsistency in the restriction Dsell claims to have: one time he says he mustn't say the truth, one time he says he has to say the opposite of what he means. Not only are those two different things, but also the second one can't be enforced, since the mod can't know what Dsell means.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 06, 2012, 08:42:03 am »

Not to mention he still hasn't explained why he refuses to nameclaim.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: September 06, 2012, 08:42:54 am »

People who don't believe my claim should think about why cayvie got turned into a whale. (Hint: It's a reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide). Since noone else claims to be from the Hitchhiker's Guide, you can be pretty sure about that part.

After reading again i noticed another inconsistency in the restriction Dsell claims to have: one time he says he mustn't say the truth, one time he says he has to say the opposite of what he means. Not only are those two different things, but also the second one can't be enforced, since the mod can't know what Dsell means.

You turned Cayvie, the person you have more information on than anyone else (because of your QT), into a whale?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 06, 2012, 08:45:46 am »

It wasn't on purpose. Every night I can use the Improbability Drive. I don't get to know in advance what it will do.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 06, 2012, 09:26:57 am »

But still, why use it on her?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 06, 2012, 09:35:45 am »

It wasn't on purpose. Every night I can use the Improbability Drive. I don't get to know in advance what it will do.

Did you select Cayvie to suffer some random fate, or does using the drive have a random effect on a random player? Because if you selected Cayvie to suffer a random fate, that's arguably more bizarre. There are far worse things that could have happened to cayvie, than being turned into a whale.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: September 06, 2012, 10:18:07 am »

I am super loving this post restriction.

Jo has NOT confirmed that the rule is pretty much unenforceable. The fact that you are trying to pin me as scum for my post restriction isn't scummy at all, nope. However, your mafiaphilosophy seems like it might be just like everyone else's. Also, I doN'T believe your roleclaim.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 06, 2012, 10:20:39 am »

Dsell, you are aware that the inconsistencies in your restriction arent the only reason for me to vote you.

Regarding my ability: I can't choose someone to target.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 06, 2012, 10:23:04 am »

Dsell, you are aware that the inconsistencies in your restriction arent the only reason for me to vote you.

Your other reasons for voting for me are even better! ;D

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 06, 2012, 10:57:58 am »

I'm a little confused about your power then. You put in a night action and a random effect happens to a random person? What does the power have to do with you? Are you leaving something out?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 06, 2012, 10:59:38 am »

I can choose to do it or not. I also don't think the effects are random, I just dont know what they are.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 06, 2012, 11:08:12 am »

He has never said he must not say the truth.  He said: "I DO have to tell the truth" which being the opposite of what he means implies "he does NOT have to tell the truth" which is not equivalent to "He MUST NOT tell the truth".  Obviously all the logical negation can be confusing, but if you're having trouble understanding negation you shouldn't be treating it as fact.

Here's the quote:
When I'm not swimming from Cuba to Florida, I do laps in the shark tank at the aquarium.

I DO have to tell the truth. I do NOT have to say the opposite of what I mean.

I am going to participate in the roleclaim.

Lynching me is a great idea.
So, negating it becomes:
I do NOT have to tell the truth. I DO have to say the opposite of what I mean.

I am not going to participate in the roleclaim.

Lynching me is NOT a great idea.

Honestly I have no idea why anyone has ever thought that DSell was required to lie.
This is the only other post I know of where he talked about his restriction:
My post restriction (not that I have one) is that I must NOT say the opposite of what I mean.

The only reason I can come up with that people thought he must lie is because Galz must tell the truth.  (which led to the obfuscated clarification above)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.