Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161605 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 2, PM mod for QT
« Reply #1000 on: September 03, 2012, 09:29:59 pm »

Huh, thought I posted this earlier today.

I guess I'm fine with a claim, but it doesn't work unless it's unanimous. Dsell has already stated his unwillingness to go along with one, and I don't see a reason to press.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 04, 2012, 12:33:57 am »

Let's not try to get any discussion going here...
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 04, 2012, 01:54:31 am »

I think O should lead a mass claim, that sounds fun.

Also, I have mild-to-moderate suspicion of Watno.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 04, 2012, 02:07:20 am »

any objections?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 04, 2012, 02:57:21 am »

Just to be clear, we're claiming flavor, not roles?

she/her

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: September 04, 2012, 10:14:37 am »

Cayvie, please don't tell us any more about your reasons for suspecting Watno!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 04, 2012, 11:03:05 am »

Wait so O and cayvie decide to indulge eHals request for massclaim rolefishing after quite a few people objected to it?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 04, 2012, 11:25:27 am »

What happened to all the people voting ftl yesterday?
Today only cayvie voted for him, and Dsell said he still thinks him ("not") scummy. Why does the rest of the voters not see him as mafia any more?

Also, i think we should get this nameclaim going, and O leading it sounds fine to me with Eevee saying he's trustworthy.

I am not from Star Wars and I am not your father (i.e. Darth Vader)

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 04, 2012, 11:26:59 am »

Dsell, can you also do this one: "I am not town"?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 04, 2012, 12:20:10 pm »

Wait so O and cayvie decide to indulge eHals request for massclaim rolefishing after quite a few people objected to it?

I am not the only one who was in for nameclaiming, which is VERY different from roleclaiming.  ftl and Archetype said they were for it, and many others have expressed interest as well.  I asked the town for their opinions.  As I recall, the only person to say they didn't want a nameclaim was Dsell.

I was reading back a bit and I find it weird that O suggested Eevee as the best candidate for leading a massclaim (#924).  I also find it weird that Eevee doesn't suggest O until O brings up that secret evidence.  Even if Eevee didn't want to reveal anything, he could still profess a townie read on O.  But more to the original point, if O had given Eevee some sort of evidence that he was townie, O should have nominated himself.  If the point was to keep the info secret, then he shouldn't have revealed it in the end anyway.  It doesn't add up for me.

I made my post in #927 because people were expressing lots of confidence based on apparently nothing at all.  I don't think ftl has stated why he was confident in Galz (fine, whatever) but O has confessed that it was just based on a read.  And that isn't good enough.  People can't go trusting others without reason.  Why is it so bad to ask for more reason?  I haven't gotten a particularly townie read on anyone, so what's wrong with asking for why O has a townie read on Eevee?  That's why I said in that post that people are being overconfident.

Also, I now know how frustrated Galz must have been in MIII day 1, as a townie playing unreserved, to come under suspicion for a lot of nothing.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 04, 2012, 01:42:12 pm »

I'm slightly opposed to name-claiming because it will give unequal amounts of information regarding roles.  Some characters are multi-dimensional, and while we might have some idea what they'll be capable of, we don't gain overly high amounts of information.  Other characters are more one-dimensional and will be giving away practically their whole role.  OTOH, name-claiming might force scum to lie, if character alignments are generally close to the name (as with Snape and Odo).  Anyways, if we're going to do it, we should get on with it.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 04, 2012, 01:58:29 pm »

When I went to England, the queen asked to have her picture taken with me. She even smiled!

I am not town.

The reasons for a nameclaim from everyone are many and evident. It's a great idea.

Nonetheless, it might indeed NOT be useful for trapping scum later. So it doesN'T have it's merits. However, I WILL participate. If you'd like me to lead it, I am NOT willing (Although that could NOT be potentially confusing). If other people think it's useless unless everyone participates, then by all means we should keep talking about it until we are under a deadline. We definitely should NOT move on.

Ultimately, we mustN'T decide what to do right away.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 04, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »

I'm slightly opposed to name-claiming because it will give unequal amounts of information regarding roles.  Some characters are multi-dimensional, and while we might have some idea what they'll be capable of, we don't gain overly high amounts of information.  Other characters are more one-dimensional and will be giving away practically their whole role.  OTOH, name-claiming might force scum to lie, if character alignments are generally close to the name (as with Snape and Odo).  Anyways, if we're going to do it, we should get on with it.

Theorel is so so wrong! ;D

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 04, 2012, 02:11:06 pm »

Dsell, you should offer us something better to talk about then!

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 04, 2012, 03:18:55 pm »

OK, I'm back after being away for a lot of the weekend.

Commenting on Galz - at the moment, my comment is "I will not clarify if this is based on gut read or mod-confirmed info."

I think I've changed my mind about the nameclaim. At first, I thought that it would let us find which character was an archer/gunman, or at least force scum to lie, and whoever was a shooter would be obvscum. But it would also do the same to, like, obvious power roles, if someone's "Sherlock Holmes" they're probably an investigative role of some sort. And those roles would be just as transparent. And I do think it's useless unless everyone participates, because if some people opt out then they're either scum with something to hide or town with something to hide and we won't know which. I'm willing to participate but am no longer pushing for it.

Insomniac! Who do you think is scum and why?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 04, 2012, 03:23:10 pm »

To be honest I don't have a lot of good reads today, I thought we had one yesterday with PPS, I really thought he was scum. The few people that have raised my suspicion today is eHal with all this name claiming business from yesterdays roleclaiming business. And O/Eevee/Galz for there this info is the truth and cannot be questioned posts.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 04, 2012, 03:27:36 pm »

Vote Count 3.2

ftl(1): cayvie
Insomniac(1): ftl
eHalcyon(3): Galzria, O, Eevee

Not Voting(11): eHalcyon, Robz888, ashersky, Cuzz, Archetype, Insomniac, Watno, Captain_Frisk, Dsell, theorel, Morgrim7

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is September 7th at 3 p.m. forum time. 3 Days.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 04, 2012, 03:37:19 pm »

When I went to England, the queen asked to have her picture taken with me. She even smiled!

I am not town.

The reasons for a nameclaim from everyone are many and evident. It's a great idea.

Nonetheless, it might indeed NOT be useful for trapping scum later. So it doesN'T have it's merits. However, I WILL participate. If you'd like me to lead it, I am NOT willing (Although that could NOT be potentially confusing). If other people think it's useless unless everyone participates, then by all means we should keep talking about it until we are under a deadline. We definitely should NOT move on.

Ultimately, we mustN'T decide what to do right away.

So you'd be willing to lead it but not to participate? If you think it's useless, isn't it useless for everyone?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 04, 2012, 03:39:26 pm »

Vote: Insomniac

Last post gave me a serious scum vibe.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 04, 2012, 03:42:25 pm »

To be honest I don't have a lot of good reads today, I thought we had one yesterday with PPS, I really thought he was scum. The few people that have raised my suspicion today is eHal with all this name claiming business from yesterdays roleclaiming business. And O/Eevee/Galz for there this info is the truth and cannot be questioned posts.

Why do you keep making it seem like I am the only one behind these massclaims?  I did not push for it on day 1.  I asked if we should universe claim on d1 and then everyone just did it without further discussion (and not everyone ended up doing it).  I asked if people think we should nameclaim today.  Some have said yes, some have said no.  I haven't pushed.

I find it scummy that you are painting me as responsible for all of it.

What posts of O/Eevee/Galz are you talking about?  There is something going on between O and Eevee which I find odd, but not necessarily scummy at the moment.

It looks to me like you're just marking suspicion on the people who have been active and talking.

Ha, and look at that vote count.  Ins finds me suspicious, as well as the three people voting for me.  Nice.  You're hedging on this, waiting to see which way the rest of the town feels about my wagon.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: September 04, 2012, 03:43:40 pm »

Because I said you are playing scummy? Nice deflection vote Fuzzy

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 04, 2012, 03:45:11 pm »

Insomniac (and partially eHalcyon):

When in the history of mafia has someone randomly said "I have evidence that suggests X is town!" and been mafia? You are seeing a scum pair planning this elaborate lie out of the blue on day 2 with zero suspicion from either party before. Please explain this! I just don't see how the business between me and O could be seen as "scummy action", seriously don't.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 04, 2012, 03:45:56 pm »

eHal you were saying before day 1 ended that we should no lynch and then mass claim today, do you deny this because I'll go find one of the many quotes if you'd like.

And no I'm not hedging I don't like you pushing for mass claim but I don't think your scum, I would be more leaning towards voting for one of the people on your wagon which I didn't realize they were all voting for you when I made my last post, but I stand by it.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 04, 2012, 03:46:51 pm »

Insomniac (and partially eHalcyon):

When in the history of mafia has someone randomly said "I have evidence that suggests X is town!" and been mafia? You are seeing a scum pair planning this elaborate lie out of the blue on day 2 with zero suspicion from either party before. Please explain this! I just don't see how the business between me and O could be seen as "scummy action", seriously don't.

Im not seeing a scum pair I didn't even say it was scummy, I said you've raised my suspicion of you because of it. Also MVII/timchen would like a word.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 04, 2012, 03:48:07 pm »

Because I said you are playing scummy? Nice deflection vote Fuzzy

Because nothing of my play actually is scummy. Who are forced to build fake cases on townies again?

+ saying I have no reads in this game doesn't give a town vibe to me although obviously not an explicit scum tell by any means
+trying to show ehalcyon in bad light
+supporting the PPS lynch

One big point and three small ones in a three sentence post, nice.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.