Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75  All

Author Topic: (BM) Murder Mystery Mafia I - Dea(r)th of an Ozle Game thread - Day 6  (Read 167488 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: (BM) Murder Mystery Mafia I - Dea(r)th of an Ozle Game thread - Day 6
« Reply #1825 on: August 15, 2012, 12:30:19 pm »

:'(

At least I got a fun death scene in-thread by self-hammering/ throwing myself off the chair. I was kinda hoping for a windpipe tube or some other contraption... But I guess Joth never made me one. It's because he was a WW you know.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: August 15, 2012, 01:58:54 pm »

Yeah, I freely admit the whole poisoner debacle was hilarious.  But MAN, c'mon, how was I supposed to guess that the poisoner was my own dead teammate who never let on he could do this?

So ftl didn't know he could poison people until Day 2?  Ugh.  Another example of the mafia in particular being given incomplete information about their powers.  (I suppose Eevee falls in that category as well, of being a Seer in a world without Werewolves.  Although I got the Seer power twice myself too!)

Well, I learned that I could poison someone at the end of Night 1 (after everything else of N1 had happened). Then the death would happen Night 2. But then on Day 3, it didn't look like Grujah had died, so I didn't say anything (and I couldn't talk to you guys at night anyway).

The poisoning was tied to me being the murderer, so I didn't want to talk about it if I didn't have to, also.

I had a lot of fun. The balance was definitely decided by the flavor, though. The reason I agreed to do the kill on night 1 without pushing for anyone else to do it was because I was the murderer and didn't want to draw any extra attention to myself in the quicktopic, so I didn't bother trying to get someone else to do it. And then my D1 roleclaim was the way it was because I didn't expect flavor to reveal that I was mafia - I thought that by being truthful I'd at least get a C_F lynch out of it the next day.

Oh, and one more thing that was tied in to me being a murderer: my vote was actually the decider in the QT, if there was a tie, it wouldn't be random. So if one of Volt or Galz had gotten lynched D1, I was going to use the coach kill to kill the other N1 so I'd have the QT and the kill all to myself  ;) I was tempted to push for a Volt or Galz lynch D1 just to make that happen, but I'm not good at pushing lynches and decided to just scumhunt normally. Fortunately, Volt got to find out we were all on a team before I had a chance to do that!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:53:43 pm by ftl »

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: August 15, 2012, 04:09:04 pm »

Oh, and being murderer felt so hard! I felt like I couldn't even be honest in my own team QT! I was so worried at being found out. Especially when I had to tell them I was lynchproof, I was worried that "lynchproof scum" would be an instant murderer-tell, because why else would you make scum lynchproof.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: August 15, 2012, 04:36:52 pm »

raaaa

we win

all thanks to meeeee
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: August 15, 2012, 04:42:28 pm »

Hey Ozle,

Sorry I'm late to the party but the wheel on my wagon broke and...

err...

where are you and where'd your castle go?

Hello?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: August 15, 2012, 04:43:08 pm »

+10
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: August 15, 2012, 05:06:43 pm »

raaaa

we win

all thanks to meeeee

I was a big fan of how they thought you and I were a scum team.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1832 on: August 15, 2012, 05:24:16 pm »

Guys, I was straight up lurking and not even on any of the Spectator QTs. I have to say, this is the most fun I've ever had spectating a mafia game. Excellent work Ozle. Would love to play a Tabletop RPG with you as GM.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: August 15, 2012, 05:56:23 pm »

Guys, I was straight up lurking and not even on any of the Spectator QTs. I have to say, this is the most fun I've ever had spectating a mafia game. Excellent work Ozle. Would love to play a Tabletop RPG with you as GM.

Cheers!

Yeah that would be fun, shame that D&D online tabletop thing never really worked!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: August 15, 2012, 06:21:22 pm »

Cheers!

Yeah that would be fun, shame that D&D online tabletop thing never really worked!

g+ hangouts are pretty good for RPGs
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: August 15, 2012, 06:36:26 pm »

Cheers!

My group used GameTable in conjunction with Skype for a while.
http://gametableproj.sourceforge.net/
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: August 15, 2012, 06:39:36 pm »

Now class, what have we learned about assuming Morgrim is scum?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: August 15, 2012, 06:42:30 pm »

lynching morgrim leads to winning the game

she/her

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: August 15, 2012, 06:47:49 pm »

lynching morgrim leads to winning the game
Actually, you're right. Every time you have lynched me and I was a VT you guys have won. Huh.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: August 15, 2012, 07:18:01 pm »

+1s all around. I apologize for spearheading a Morgrim lynch in the face of all my common sense.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: August 16, 2012, 12:55:54 am »

Oh, as if making me a seer in a setup with no werewolves wasn't enough, Ozle just had to make me bulletproof to werewolf kills. That was my big secret, the one that was supposed to keep me alive all game while I thank our protective roles.

Ozle, you are such a bastard.

And I like it.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: August 16, 2012, 07:04:58 am »

I LOVED yuma raging over morgrim in QT cuz he was so frustrated about his play.  ;D

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: August 16, 2012, 02:26:22 pm »

Timchens PM with the card details:

You know the breakdown of all the Dominion flavour nicknames Ozle has given to people from the town:
There are:
1 Alchemy
4 Base
1 Cornucopia
5 Intrigue
1 Seaside
1 Prosperity

You also know that amongst them there are only:
7 Cards could give you at least one action
3 cards that could give +buy
5 Cards that could give +$ (This does not refer to Treasure cards)
2 Attack cards

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: August 16, 2012, 02:41:44 pm »

What was Robz's full PM?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: August 16, 2012, 02:43:51 pm »

You are a Grand Market (Lightning Rod) - Town Aligned
You are in seat 18

You used to be somebody, a popular guy around town that everyone wanted to know. That is until Ozle sent you to try out one of his Laboratory experiments and it turned you into some sort of malfunctioning science fair show!

While you didn't really like Ozle much, you really laid the blame on the crappy Laboratory that created the malfunctioning invention! You knew he had gone to prison, but had heard he was out now and at this party! You would have your vengeance! 

You were pretty sure the guy sitting opposite you didn’t move when the lights went out. And neither did the people either side of you.

Lightning Rod Ability
Once per game (day or night) you can PM me that you want to turn yourself on. This will mean all actions not yet resolved or declared during that day or night (including lynches and beneficial effects used) will be redirected to you. These will not take effect until the end of that day or night.

Victory Conditions

You win when only town aligned guests are alive or nothing can stop that from happening.

You don't really care about Ozle’s murder (No victory for guessing the murderer), the bastard got what was coming to him and the killer should get a medal. However you will get an additional victory if you are in the group that lynches the Laboratory

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: August 16, 2012, 02:46:27 pm »

I can't read laboratory=scum anywhere in the PM...

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: August 16, 2012, 02:46:50 pm »

My full (unedited/modified) PM:

You are the Farming Village (Vanilla Mafia) - Mafia Aligned      
You are in Seat 12      

You had been working against Ozle for years, trying to weasel your way into one of his infamous parties so you could pay him back for the death of your Son (in Ozle’s defence, it was an accident, anybody could have been passing that window when he jumped out to escape a returning Husband….)

However, before you had the chance to enact your revenge, somebody beat you too it! Ohh boy were you mad!      

Due to the nature of the party, you do not know who the other mafia are, and thus cannot do a night kill between you.

You came here on a coach with some others from the village, and are smooth enough to convince them that they can do your night kill for you.   
You can talk to them here:   http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/wFCsgFXNsVTX3   

But you’re a cunning one, you have been subtly buttering up both the people either side of them, so you can talk to them here:      
Seats 11 and 12      http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/rQu4FKWrGVVG
Seats 12 and 13      http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/ddt4kQLFJhjKz

One more thing, you also had a bit of a groupie, he saw how popular you were and was hanging around you for ages. Perhaps he could be useful!      
The hanger on:      http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/7bymxjXfMqy

You were pretty sure that nobody to either side of you moved when the lights went out. You were talking to seat 11, and you could smell 13’s breath!   

Abilities   
None past your own cunning tongue.

Victory Conditions
You win when only Mafia are left alive or nothing can prevent that from happening.      

PLEASE CONFIRM RECEIPT OF THIS PM IN THE SIGN UP THREAD
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: August 16, 2012, 02:49:44 pm »

Yuma's....

You are the town Adventurer (Hated Vanilla Townie) - Town Aligned
You are in seat 17

You only got an invite to this party because you owed a lot of people money, often paying in substandard coins. But yet other people still paid a higher than average price for your services.
Ozle definitely owed you a lot of money however, all that cash he spent on hookers and drugs you heard. You reckon that the invite was a last ditch attempt to keep you sweet.

Just before the lights came back on you felt someone brush past you. You reached into your jacket pocket and pulled out something sharp and covered in blood.
Uh oh, this wouldn't look good....

You recognized the people in seats 20, 21 and 22, although seat 20 looked slightly different to how you remembered, and knew they wouldn't have had the balls to pull off this murder, hell they were too wimpy to even threaten a simple loan shark like you! So no chance they were going up against Ozle

Victory Conditions

You win when only town aligned guests are alive or nothing can stop that from happening.

If you make it to the end of the game alive then you can award yourself a moral victory for truth and justice. It won’t count for anything, but at least you will know you did a good job!

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 16, 2012, 04:20:56 pm »

Here was mine!

You are the Baron  (No comparable role)- Mafia Aligned - MURDERER
You are in Seat 10

You are a rival Baron to Ozle, nowhere near as handsome or rich of course, but you eke out a modest living buying and selling lands around the province.

You bastard! You are the one that killed me in a dispute over our border fences and who was supposed to cut down those hydrangeas. Sitting next to me at the table when the lights went out, you found it easy to quickly get up and plant a knife in my back! You noticed that at least one other person was moving around at this time, but it was too dark to see who they were, and you were focused on me.

You came to the party with some other people, normally you wouldn't hang with these peons, but you didn't have any spare estates to sell at the time. Nobody on the coach knows the others alignment or powers.
You can talk to them here:    http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/wFCsgFXNsVTX3
As you are the murderer though, you will get the deciding vote on the Coach Party kill

Abilities
Due to the nature of the party, you do not know who the other mafia are, and thus cannot do a night kill between you.  You must co-ordinate the Coach to do it for you. However, despite what it says, if there is a tie your vote is the decider.

Your money and your connections mean that you cannot be lynched! At least until you run out of estates that is…

Victory Conditions

You win when only Mafia aligned people are left alive or nothing can prevent that from happening.

You obviously don't get the victory for guessing the murderer, because it was you, you sneaky git. However, if nobody correctly identifies you as the murderer you will get an additional win.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 16, 2012, 04:23:05 pm »

Mine:

You are the Scrying Pool (Tracker) - Town Aligned      
You are in seat 13

Who would go to a party like this without knowing what the other occupants are up to? Well, you for a start, but you were determined to find out!   

What you did know, and was 100% sure of this fact, that there were no such things as werewolves! What a preposterous idea. The howl that happened during the darkness was you, stabbing yourself in the hand with a fork in the dark.      

But you have also been chatting to the guy on your left; you can talk to him here:      
Seats 12 and 13      http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/ddt4kQLFJhjKz
You were also sure that he did not move when the lights went out as he was moaning about your bad breath      

Abilities
Each night phase, you may track one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back who that person targeted.

Victory Conditions

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive   

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.