Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75  All

Author Topic: (BM) Murder Mystery Mafia I - Dea(r)th of an Ozle Game thread - Day 6  (Read 167463 times)

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
Re: (BM) Murder Mystery Mafia I - Dea(r)th of an Ozle Game thread - Day 6
« Reply #1800 on: August 15, 2012, 10:03:38 am »

Also, Volt, I think you played really well, and I'm glad it was insomniac in there at the end and not me, because I might have picked timchen!

I found that to be a really fun game, and , guys, it was my first win! WOOOT!

Ha! This is actually why I picked Insomniac to doctor. I read you choose Volt as scum based on your gut a bit too much and it seems relatively possible for you to turn back on me (which I will defend but I don't really know what I can say at that point.)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: August 15, 2012, 10:08:15 am »

Apparently I accidently soft-fakeclaimed werewolf? There was so much happening behind the scenes!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: August 15, 2012, 10:36:05 am »

Booo, I missed all the post-game talk. Shouldn't ever sleep!

First of all Ozle, this was the most entertaining game I've ever played, and this is coming from the Seer in the setup with no werewolves. I was soooo bummed to be dead, even if I expected it.

Us not catching the murderer is partially my fault maybe, I recall predicting Volt's part in the shenanigan in our QT with Galzria on day 2 already. Maybe if we got to keep our QT for longer, we would have figured out the rest together (clearly, I wasn't able to do it alone). I was maybe too concentrated on finding scum, and didn't realize I clearly had the clues to get the murderer.

Robz partially playing for his 2nd wincom rather than town's clearly benefited the mafia a ton. Luckily he eventually did the right thing!

Other than not catching the murderer, I think I read my flavor reasonably well. Catching that shark_bait was the cop was like the coolest mafia moment of my life, sadly I went on to blabber about it to Galzria.. oops.

Huge thanks to Ozle for running this, and also letting my character believe he was killed by a werewolf so I could die happy.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: August 15, 2012, 10:51:07 am »

Huge thanks to Ozle for running this, and also letting my character believe he was killed by a werewolf so I could die happy.

No one else wondered why you died with a smile on your face!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: August 15, 2012, 10:58:56 am »

No one else wondered why you died with a smile on your face!

I did but just assumed it was the mod trolling me.  Again!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: August 15, 2012, 11:02:15 am »

Ozle, what QT's are worth reading / all they all? I recall you posting in the spectator one that one of them was particularly hilarious.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: August 15, 2012, 11:09:38 am »

I highly recommend the Coach Party QT. I haven't read the others, but both Galz and Volt manage to be extremely sure about completely wrong reads on me.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: August 15, 2012, 11:16:04 am »

I highly recommend the Coach Party QT. I haven't read the others, but both Galz and Volt manage to be extremely sure about completely wrong reads on me.

I still think I was right. I mean, you so obviously were the WW.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: August 15, 2012, 11:17:37 am »

It's funny reading the seat QT's, because you realize how little lying I did. My analysis to each player mirrored what I said to the other. That said, my QT with Cayvie was my absolute favorite (The Hanger On).

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: August 15, 2012, 11:19:45 am »

@Volt, It feels great to not die N1, but probably not as good for you :P. And yea the pm put you in a hard part but I didn't know it was for you. When Ozle pm'd me all I got was "You have four choices tonight" and the choices no indication of whom. I sent back uhh? and he was like ohh thats for a game im in, your dead in that one arent you? So you actually could have fakeclaimed when you didn't I knew that Ozle was lying about it being for (what I assumed was bmiv) a different game and that it was in fact for this one.

I liked the flavour and the balance, we got really lucky with CF and Jo and it still went down to 3.

Additionally I was lead to believe the silver vial would kill scum when I got the PM so had volt had his vote on timchen when I read everything it might have gone differently (thrown at volt, lynched tim) but I think in that case I would have waited to see what happened it's hard to say, I was really convinced that Volt was mafia but if the vial hadn't have killed him I might have chose the other way.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: August 15, 2012, 11:25:39 am »

Haha, some great stuff.

Favourite stuff:

"Who has a reason to carry around anti-smell supplies? I mean, REALLY?"
And
"and who ever heard of a mask wearing wolf? So no Gruj"

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: August 15, 2012, 11:30:04 am »

Oh, and
"I wonder if CF is about to die from using poisoned soap."

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: August 15, 2012, 11:40:24 am »

The whole Voltgloss trying to work out the poisoner when it was his own team mate was hillarious, especially with his flashes of inspiration.

That night Eevee investigated him with this result
This Voltgloss fellow looked a bit hairy to you, was it just a liking for the hippy look, or was there a bit of Wolf about him. You decided to not wait until night time in case his wolfy genes got the better of him. From your 'Do it yourself' werewolf detector kit you pulled out a small silver pin. As he passed you on the way out of the dining room you quickly jabbed it in his arm. It startled him and he looked round at everyone looking extremely worried, but other than that, no ill effects, so he was definately not a werewolf!

And he got (amongst the rest of his flavour)
As you were leaving the dining room on the way to bed you felt a small pin prick in your arm. You looked around but the crowd of people milling around it was impossible to know who it was. You went straight back upstairs and washed it out, and other than a bit of blood it looked fine.

To which I got the reply back:

CRUD I am poisoned.

Crud crud crud.

Crud.

....Crud.

Which was proper bastard of me, but so so funny!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: August 15, 2012, 11:44:45 am »

My absolute most favorite post was in Spec thread 1:

Quote from: Cayvie
lol Galz.

I was pretty annoyed when I found out you were my nightchat buddy... Because, like, anyone else, I'm pretty confident I could soul read them 1v1 like that. You're a cold-blooded liar though, and I hope, for the sake of your future relationships, you consider undergoing therapy for that!

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: August 15, 2012, 12:00:30 pm »

Yeah, I freely admit the whole poisoner debacle was hilarious.  But MAN, c'mon, how was I supposed to guess that the poisoner was my own dead teammate who never let on he could do this?

So ftl didn't know he could poison people until Day 2?  Ugh.  Another example of the mafia in particular being given incomplete information about their powers.  (I suppose Eevee falls in that category as well, of being a Seer in a world without Werewolves.  Although I got the Seer power twice myself too!)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: August 15, 2012, 12:05:25 pm »

I'm sort of proud of how early on I determined that werewolves were an elaborate troll. How did you guys keep thinking there was a WW/SK with no nightkills?

He/him

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: August 15, 2012, 12:07:22 pm »

Yeah, I freely admit the whole poisoner debacle was hilarious.  But MAN, c'mon, how was I supposed to guess that the poisoner was my own dead teammate who never let on he could do this?

So ftl didn't know he could poison people until Day 2?  Ugh.  Another example of the mafia in particular being given incomplete information about their powers.  (I suppose Eevee falls in that category as well, of being a Seer in a world without Werewolves.  Although I got the Seer power twice myself too!)

Well, him getting shot probably didn't help the matter
It was an opportunistic kill for the murderer. Walking past the soufflé in the kitchen on his way back to the dining room!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: August 15, 2012, 12:07:55 pm »

I'm sort of proud of how early on I determined that werewolves were an elaborate troll. How did you guys keep thinking there was a WW/SK with no nightkills?

There was a direct quote in CF's role PM saying there were no werewolves!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: August 15, 2012, 12:09:38 pm »

And yet there were multiple people capable of hunting them! Shocking that the conclusion that CF's PM might not be entiiiirly accurate! ;)

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: August 15, 2012, 12:09:57 pm »

"Werewolf Robz needs to kill the guy who has silver before he can unleash his true potential" was one theory.

"SK Poisoner" was my own but, yeah, we all understand THAT now.  :p

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: August 15, 2012, 12:13:43 pm »

And yet there were multiple people capable of hunting them! Shocking that the conclusion that CF's PM might not be entiiiirly accurate! ;)

Well, yes. See the explanation in the big long post above, it was aiming to feel like a story!

You even got flavour posts when you did night actions!
I dont think I have written quite as much in the last couple ofyears!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: August 15, 2012, 12:15:04 pm »

The big case laid forth by me (and like I said, I still stand by it), was put forth N2, when there was only one missing kill.

Beyond that, my personal suspicion was that you were playing it slyly, having the choice between killing each night, or inventing something. You were opting to give no indication of your existence WHILE trying to build town cred. And like any good SK,, you were immune to investigations - which is why Eever's Seering came back negative - because of your wolfiness.

Had you been investigated by the Cop, I'm sure he would've discovered the truth. So well played my Hairy friend, well played.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: August 15, 2012, 12:16:25 pm »

Well, yes. See the explanation in the big long post above, it was aiming to feel like a story!

I got no flavor for night actions, and my death scene was "You are predictably dead. QTLink"

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: August 15, 2012, 12:19:36 pm »

My death scene was fun:

Title: Some bad news I'm afraid

Grujah,

You left the dining room and headed back up to your room, but you never quite made it. Your stomach started churning and you felt quite sick. You took a detour to the toilet where you sat down and watched the result of your last few days eating come up over the sink, followed by several other unsightly things.

Your last thought as you died....well its probably best not to publish that, you dirty boy.

You had been poisoned during the day and died before making it back to your room.

Ozle

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: August 15, 2012, 12:26:28 pm »

I got no flavor for night actions, and my death scene was "You are predictably dead. QTLink"

Yeah, you missed out im afraid, and the dead one was because I was away and had to do things on iphone!

I apologise, I will write you one now if you like?

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 15 queries.