Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 104901 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #875 on: November 12, 2012, 09:53:18 am »

Separate question, wholly divorced from Mafia, but after reading the Pandemic thread and thinking more about cooperative boardgames:

Would there be interest in a play-by-forum game of Arkham Horror?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 12, 2012, 02:35:19 pm »

Sorry, I'm a little confused on where things stand - is the next "newbie-friendly" game going to be the Buffy game?  Or would new players prefer a "standard" setup (a la M-I, M-II, etc.)?  I don't mind either way.

It can be the Buffy game, as there are no crazy twists, etc., just standard mafia roles and flavor fun.  Yuma mentioned a lot ame, but I don't know what game that is.  Yuma also thought a 9 player game would be better for newbies than 13, although on that point I don't think there's a requirement.  My game is ready, but waiting on a go ahead and my turn given the queue and ongoing games.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 12, 2012, 02:36:39 pm »

I like having the queue so I know what's happening.  I've ignored this whole forum so it doesn't appear in my unread posts.  This thread will still appear in "new replies" since I've posted in it, and I will see when new games come up that I want to follow.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 12, 2012, 02:37:18 pm »

I suggest then that the Buffy game move forward with a newbie-friendly focus. 

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 12, 2012, 02:38:45 pm »

@eHal alot of things happen that don't show up in here for instance did you know Pandemic, and Gauntlet of fools are running, what about Resistance Avalon? (I'm pretty sure you know Volt offered to run arkham horror)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 12, 2012, 02:48:00 pm »

I know a bit of that from reading about it somewhere or other. :P

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 12, 2012, 03:43:41 pm »

I think i would be in for Arkham.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 12, 2012, 05:30:52 pm »

Sorry, I'm a little confused on where things stand - is the next "newbie-friendly" game going to be the Buffy game?  Or would new players prefer a "standard" setup (a la M-I, M-II, etc.)?  I don't mind either way.

It can be the Buffy game, as there are no crazy twists, etc., just standard mafia roles and flavor fun.  Yuma mentioned a lot ame, but I don't know what game that is.  Yuma also thought a 9 player game would be better for newbies than 13, although on that point I don't think there's a requirement.  My game is ready, but waiting on a go ahead and my turn given the queue and ongoing games.

If your game is an open setup with relatively normal roles and if there isn't going to be anything too (potentially) confusing with different Buffy characters, then I think it would be OK to go ahead and run it. You could take either MXVI or MXVII. My game is currently MXVI, but we can easily swap if we want to keep numeric order. And again I would suggest getting as many new players in as possible, but also accommodating some of the older players later on in signups (such as me, for example).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 12, 2012, 05:36:33 pm »

If your game is an open setup with relatively normal roles and if there isn't going to be anything too (potentially) confusing with different Buffy characters, then I think it would be OK to go ahead and run it. You could take either MXVI or MXVII. My game is currently MXVI, but we can easily swap if we want to keep numeric order. And again I would suggest getting as many new players in as possible, but also accommodating some of the older players later on in signups (such as me, for example).

It's semi-open, with all the role PMs on the mafiascum site available.  I used those verbatim, except where flavor came into play.  It works much like the Waffles game Volt ran.  I'll take sign-ups as they come, with a special clause to give slots to newbies at all costs.  Are there more newbies?

I've got Jimmmmm down, and Qvist is new so hopefully he'll sign up.  Anyone else?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:07:15 pm by ashersky »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 12, 2012, 05:38:19 pm »

It's semi-open, with all the role PMs on the mafiascum site available.  I used those verbatim, except where flavor came into play.  It works much like the Waffles game Volt ran.  I'll take sign-ups as they come, with a special clause to give slots to newbies at all costs.  Are there more newbies?

I've got Jimmmmm down, and Qvist is new so hopefully he'll sign up.  Anyone else?

you might send a PM to Abra... (He has some numbers after this, but I don't remember what they are) He is signed up for my game, but might like a normal game first to get his feet wet.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: November 12, 2012, 05:49:25 pm »

you might send a PM to Abra... (He has some numbers after this, but I don't remember what they are) He is signed up for my game, but might like a normal game first to get his feet wet.
Damn, this is a great community.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 12, 2012, 05:55:16 pm »

@SFS

Word.  Sometime, I'd like to actually meet some of you guys on Iso.  I don't play as often as others, and am by no means good.  But I like you guys and I like playing with people I like.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 12, 2012, 05:56:21 pm »

@SFS

Word.  Sometime, I'd like to actually meet some of you guys on Iso.  I don't play as often as others, and am by no means good.  But I like you guys and I like playing with people I like.
Every time I log on, I skim the lobby for familiar nicknames. Especially like beating Grujah. O has absolutely destroyed me every time we've played.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 12, 2012, 05:57:31 pm »

@Eevee

Pick a time, and let's meet up.  I'd love to lose to you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 12, 2012, 06:20:01 pm »

Okay, so I've opened up MXVII.  I'll adjust the numbers for the queue accordingly.  I'll PM newbies.  Send them there, too.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=5395.0

Thanks.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 12, 2012, 09:47:06 pm »

I'd like to jump in the queue for a Doctor Who themed RM game, right behind Dsell. I only have a few roles done, but I have a feeling it would work well, and just want to get a spot in line.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 12, 2012, 09:54:20 pm »

I'd like to jump in the queue for a Doctor Who themed RM game, right behind Dsell. I only have a few roles done, but I have a feeling it would work well, and just want to get a spot in line.

You're on the list for RMM6.  Dsell has 4, Volt has 5 (shakespeare).

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 12, 2012, 10:06:30 pm »

Abra is my RL friend, I got him to join f.ds just for mafia (maybe somehow this can be a segue into him liking Dominion...he's played a couple games but didn't love it :P). He's really excited about playing by forum so I'll let him know about this game if you haven't already PM'd him.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 12, 2012, 10:07:43 pm »

Mo' pokemon mo' fun.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 12, 2012, 10:08:13 pm »

Abra is my RL friend, I got him to join f.ds just for mafia (maybe somehow this can be a segue into him liking Dominion...he's played a couple games but didn't love it :P). He's really excited about playing by forum so I'll let him know about this game if you haven't already PM'd him.

I PM'ed Abra655, so if that's him, he was PM'ed.  No other Abra came up.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 12, 2012, 10:09:44 pm »

I PM'ed Abra655, so if that's him, he was PM'ed.  No other Abra came up.

Yeah that's him. I have no idea what the 655 means. :P

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 12, 2012, 10:53:11 pm »

You're on the list for RMM6.  Dsell has 4, Volt has 5 (shakespeare).
Oh, huh. Thought Volt's was a BM game, but yeah, RMM6 sounds right.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 14, 2012, 03:40:45 am »

I'd like to run VM1: Veteran Mafia...I have an 8 player flavorless set-up I'd like to run, but with the old hands in game.  It'd be pretty autonomous, with mostly vote counts and flips from the mod.

What do people think?  It could basically run itself.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 14, 2012, 03:46:34 pm »

Dsell:  how do things stand vis-a-vis Pokemon Mafia (RMM4)?  Now that RMM3 is done, I will be focusing on getting RMM5 into shape, but I don't want to jump the queue if you're planning to launch RMM4 soon.  Let me know.

EDIT:  I think I posted this in the wrong thread.  Leaving here just in case I was right the first time.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 14, 2012, 04:27:18 pm »

Dsell:  how do things stand vis-a-vis Pokemon Mafia (RMM4)?  Now that RMM3 is done, I will be focusing on getting RMM5 into shape, but I don't want to jump the queue if you're planning to launch RMM4 soon.  Let me know.

This is still true, unfortunately:

I didn't know I still had that number reserved! I'm really dropping the ball on that game to be honest. I have been really busy in real life and have been overcommitted in mafia. I haven't worked on it much more since sign-ups for several more RMM games went up. I am still excited about it and I promise that it will go up at some point, it's just gonna take some more work and I'm not sure when I'll have chunks of time to work on it.

I'm sorry it's been so slow. Best I can do is promise that when it's done, it's gonna be good.

I am now somewhat less overcommitted in mafia so again I'll try to make headway on it. In the meantime, any and all RMM games can jump ahead and I'll just let people know when mine is sign-up ready.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42  All

Page created in 1.619 seconds with 20 queries.