Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 104762 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #350 on: September 12, 2012, 07:38:08 pm »

Oh yes yes yes yes please!

Gen 1 is the only real set though.  >:( I would back-up mod if I wasn't so very excited to play!

No way.  You need the physical/special split from gen IV, and Steel types are the greatest!

Also, Leafeon is my favourite Eeveelution.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 12, 2012, 07:50:56 pm »

I've played all generations and finished white/black but I far prefer gen 1 pokemon even of the mechanics don't hold up so well

Edit: to clarify I have finished all of them story wise not cath em all wise by I do have all of tem in black

You know what I catch? A movie every now and then.

I do that too.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 12, 2012, 07:52:10 pm »

Gen 1 is the only real set though.  >:( I would back-up mod if I wasn't so very excited to play!

No way.  You need the physical/special split from gen IV, and Steel types are the greatest!

But people don't know dem pokemons, which makes it less fun. I think.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 12, 2012, 07:54:36 pm »

I've played all generations and finished white/black but I far prefer gen 1 pokemon even of the mechanics don't hold up so well

Edit: to clarify I have finished all of them story wise not cath em all wise by I do have all of tem in black

I do that too.

I never did understand the fascination with Pokemon... Or more correctly, the fascination with "catching them all". I was a huge MTG head back before Iceage came out, so I understand why 'collectible' games were appealing... But the fascination with small fuzzy animals escaped me.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 12, 2012, 07:56:46 pm »

But people don't know dem pokemons, which makes it less fun. I think.

All right, I have a tentative list of the pokemon included in the game and they are all from the first 151.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 12, 2012, 08:02:14 pm »

I do that too.

I never did understand the fascination with Pokemon... Or more correctly, the fascination with "catching them all". I was a huge MTG head back before Iceage came out, so I understand why 'collectible' games were appealing... But the fascination with small fuzzy animals escaped me.

Pokemon was that thing all the kids in the grade below me liked.

Totes in on the game, obviously.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 12, 2012, 08:23:05 pm »

I like Onyx and Farfetch'd. Blastoise and Charmander.

Out of non-gen 1 Cyndaquil. Oh, and Mudkips :D

I'm not big on them at all, though.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:30:30 pm by Grujah »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 12, 2012, 08:26:57 pm »

Also, if I'm to do a Themed one, It would be either BSG, Batman or JL (Or anything DC related, like Lanterns and stuff), AGoT or ...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:44:27 pm by Grujah »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 12, 2012, 09:02:51 pm »

So I am going to say this kind of carefully... but are we at the point where we should have more games running at once? I think the main people who would argue against this are the people who want to be in all, or nearly all, of the games. With some of the recent games we have received a larger amount of willing and ready players. By my count we have at least 24 players who have played at least 2 games (that isn't counting any BM games). Only a handful of players have played once and then never played again.

I guess mostly what I am saying is that it appears that we have enough people to start games, but we are hesitant to start them because we want to make them available to everyone--including those who are in too many games and don't think they can handle it.

I like the idea of a mafia que. It prevents people from jumping ahead and starting their own mafia game ahead of someone else who was rightfully in line. But it also creates something of a log-jam at the back.

This isn't intended to be a criticism of any player or moderator in anyway, but more just an analysis of the current situation.

I for one am going to start limiting myself to one game at a time. Any more is too many for me. But I would like it if when I die in a game I can immediately (well within a few days) join another game and not have to wait for the next to start.

Does that make sense?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 12, 2012, 09:10:12 pm »

Since Robz' game has a regular number, it probably shouldn't be considered role madness.  Was someone else in line to mod RMM before me?  Otherwise, perhaps I could start mine sometime after jo's game finishes.  There is one role that is a bit trickier to balance than others.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 12, 2012, 09:11:39 pm »

Since Robz' game has a regular number, it probably shouldn't be considered role madness.  Was someone else in line to mod RMM before me?  Otherwise, perhaps I could start mine sometime after jo's game finishes.  There is one role that is a bit trickier to balance than others.

I claim it!

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 12, 2012, 09:13:15 pm »

Well, we usually do have several games running at once. In my own opinion, now and then we have too few or too many games going at once, but usually we have the correct number, relative to people's abilities. I play every game, there are a couple other people who play every game. There's the one at a time crowd, and the pick and choose crowd... and so far it seems like every gets accommodated in the manner they want.

My game should be considered a regular game, MXI, for official purposes. I am going to begin MXI as soon as either MVIII or MIX finish (and it's my guess that they will both finish very soon). And then the only other currently running game is BMV (ZM1 will also end soon.)

I believe that either a RMM game, or even Volt's MXII, could begin when BMV concludes, probably during the early part of my game, which will at that point be the only game running.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 12, 2012, 09:16:03 pm »

So I am going to say this kind of carefully... but are we at the point where we should have more games running at once? I think the main people who would argue against this are the people who want to be in all, or nearly all, of the games. With some of the recent games we have received a larger amount of willing and ready players. By my count we have at least 24 players who have played at least 2 games (that isn't counting any BM games). Only a handful of players have played once and then never played again.

I guess mostly what I am saying is that it appears that we have enough people to start games, but we are hesitant to start them because we want to make them available to everyone--including those who are in too many games and don't think they can handle it.

I like the idea of a mafia que. It prevents people from jumping ahead and starting their own mafia game ahead of someone else who was rightfully in line. But it also creates something of a log-jam at the back.

This isn't intended to be a criticism of any player or moderator in anyway, but more just an analysis of the current situation.

I for one am going to start limiting myself to one game at a time. Any more is too many for me. But I would like it if when I die in a game I can immediately (well within a few days) join another game and not have to wait for the next to start.

Does that make sense?

I agree, I need a game, I was too good and they killed me everywhere! :(

Maybe a regularish setup - "you can sign in only if you are not alive in any other game" thing?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 12, 2012, 09:17:20 pm »

[/quote]

Maybe a regularish setup - "you can sign in only if you are not alive in any other game" thing?
[/quote]

RAGE

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 12, 2012, 09:18:23 pm »

Personally, now that I have games winding down, I find I just don't have time to put in to so many different games. I used to be in them all, but finally made myself skip M-X, and almost skipped M-XI as well.

I think my limit will be one normal game and one BM/RMM game. No more than 2 though. And if other games launch during, well that's just peachy. Besides, if we keep waiting for games to launch as a block of 20+ players, there won't be much space for smaller or varied size games. So maybe it's better to have one massive game running and then whatever others want to launch can, if they can get the sign-ups. Just launch when full, and don't worry about "but X said they would play when game C finished" - hopefully when "C" finished there will be another ready to launch.

Mafia Record:

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 12, 2012, 09:19:00 pm »

Does that make sense?

The thing with this, is that I want to prevent toes getting stepped on. Because people are likely to sign up for this game, knowing it is going to start soon, instead of signing up for another one that is waiting for other games to start, thus either delaying the other game's start or lowering the amount of people playing in it. That is my main concern.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 12, 2012, 09:24:16 pm »

Yeah, I think it's a bit too slow atm as well (with me being alive in zero games, rage). It might be because a lot of people are playing CE? I think personally I'd like to be in ~3 games at once, so having them start a bit faster would work better for me . It's not like it's mandatory to sign up for every new game, if you feel you're in too many, just skip one.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 12, 2012, 09:24:56 pm »

Should all planned games simply open for sign-ups as soon as the mod thinks they are ready, and then when enough players sign up the game launches?  That way whenever a player feels like they want to join a new game - whether because they've been killed out of their current one(s) or because those games finished - they can just come here, see what games are open for sign-ups, and pick one that suits their fancy.

In any case:  using the current system, my plan is to open M-XII for signups once Robz's M-XI starts.  M-XII will then start after both M-VIII and M-IX are completed.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 12, 2012, 09:26:24 pm »

Should all planned games simply open for sign-ups as soon as the mod thinks they are ready, and then when enough players sign up the game launches?  That way whenever a player feels like they want to join a new game - whether because they've been killed out of their current one(s) or because those games finished - they can just come here, see what games are open for sign-ups, and pick one that suits their fancy.

In any case:  using the current system, my plan is to open M-XII for signups once Robz's M-XI starts.  M-XII will then start after both M-VIII and M-IX are completed.

That's how I feel--just leave it up to the mod. If there are too many games starting up too soon, then the mod will struggle to find spots, and things should slow down.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 12, 2012, 09:26:31 pm »

Yeah, I think it's a bit too slow atm as well (with me being alive in zero games, rage). It might be because a lot of people are playing CE? I think personally I'd like to be in ~3 games at once, so having them start a bit faster would work better for me . It's not like it's mandatory to sign up for every new game, if you feel you're in too many, just skip one.

The Cosmic Encounters and Diplomacy take very little attention 90% of the time. Seriously. It's an absolute fraction of even the Blitz Mafia.

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 12, 2012, 09:27:06 pm »

Basically what Galz and Volt said also makes sense.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 12, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »

I don't know exactly where my game will fall in the queue but I'm fairly busy and don't expect my set-up to even be finished before next week. Also, I'm pretty sure it's going to have a specific number of spots and I'm not gonna allow any more or any less. I am open for suggestion about when exactly I should start and of course I'll follow the queue. First time mod, here. XD

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 13, 2012, 07:25:20 am »

One idea, Dsell:
In a themed game like this, you should perhaps provide scum with viable fakeclaims?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 13, 2012, 07:25:49 am »

Otherwise it turns from mafia into pokemon knowledge thing.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 13, 2012, 09:10:44 am »

One idea, Dsell:
In a themed game like this, you should perhaps provide scum with viable fakeclaims?

I've thought about giving the mafia aliases and might just do that. It might not be necessary though, because there will be major dangers to massclaiming built in to the game.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42  All

Page created in 2.119 seconds with 21 queries.