Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 101534 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #375 on: September 13, 2012, 09:19:13 am »

The mafia should be Team Rocket, duh.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 13, 2012, 09:24:00 am »

Everything should be 1-shot powers of their respective Pokemon, with a complete list up front. Then each player randomly receives a list of X Pokemon at the start of the game in which he must choose Y to carry into battle with him. That way nobody is the same but there can be some overlap and it gives more role-deciding in the hands of the players. The scum team should have a larger, collective list that they can choose from each night (again, each only being 1-shot, then the Pokemon is used).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 13, 2012, 09:42:14 am »

The mafia should be Team Rocket, duh.

It is! :D
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 13, 2012, 09:56:17 am »

I want to play the Pokemon game. But I also think my insights from BMV could help in balancing the design. Your call.

I am only truly acquainted with the first 2 generations, so I applaud the move towards originals.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 13, 2012, 11:31:25 am »

Who would be interested in a Pokemon themed Role Madness game? I've just started designing a largish (I'm thinking ~15 players) one so it'll be a little ways off, but I'm thinking it'll be pretty cool. I'd also majorly appreciate it if someone could back-up mod and look over the set-up when it's more completed. But again, it's a ways from being done.

I would be in for this if I can be Snorlax.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 13, 2012, 02:48:01 pm »

Insomniac mentioned that he would like to play in the next Blitz game, and I'd like to mod a game. This seems to be a perfect fit for me to mod ZM2. When would it be best to run this game? ZM1 took four real-life days (obviously short, that's the point of Blitz). We've talked about how most mafia games are winding down, though others (like MXI) will be starting up soon. Would people be interested in another blitz game? Would it make sense to "jump" the queue a bit and start it before other longer, more involved games? I would keep it the exact same setup (size, roles, time limit, etc.) though I do not think I would reveal which power roles the town gets (so, semi-open or semi-closed, whichever it is).

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 13, 2012, 02:49:48 pm »

Insomniac mentioned that he would like to play in the next Blitz game, and I'd like to mod a game. This seems to be a perfect fit for me to mod ZM2. When would it be best to run this game? ZM1 took four real-life days (obviously short, that's the point of Blitz). We've talked about how most mafia games are winding down, though others (like MXI) will be starting up soon. Would people be interested in another blitz game? Would it make sense to "jump" the queue a bit and start it before other longer, more involved games? I would keep it the exact same setup (size, roles, time limit, etc.) though I do not think I would reveal which power roles the town gets (so, semi-open or semi-closed, whichever it is).

closed favours mafia more ;)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 13, 2012, 02:54:37 pm »

Everything should be 1-shot powers of their respective Pokemon, with a complete list up front. Then each player randomly receives a list of X Pokemon at the start of the game in which he must choose Y to carry into battle with him. That way nobody is the same but there can be some overlap and it gives more role-deciding in the hands of the players. The scum team should have a larger, collective list that they can choose from each night (again, each only being 1-shot, then the Pokemon is used).

I thought about doing something like this and I think that's a very viable setup for a mafia game, but it's not quite how mine will play out. Mine's gonna sorta be more, "You're a pokemon here's these moves you can use." But what this means is that (nearly) everyone will have at least four unique X-shot actions that warp the game in various ways. Like I said, I think it will be pretty crazy, but not bastardly for the people playing. It's gonna be freaking insane for the mods behind the scenes though.

Who would be interested in a Pokemon themed Role Madness game? I've just started designing a largish (I'm thinking ~15 players) one so it'll be a little ways off, but I'm thinking it'll be pretty cool. I'd also majorly appreciate it if someone could back-up mod and look over the set-up when it's more completed. But again, it's a ways from being done.

I would be in for this if I can be Snorlax.

I can't make any promises but I'd love to see you sign up when it goes live!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 13, 2012, 02:55:09 pm »

closed favours mafia more ;)
Well, then perhaps I'll go back to open, but that really only leaves doc/jk, cop/jk as options, right? If the setup is announced as cop/doc it'll just be follow-the-cop, right?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 13, 2012, 02:57:52 pm »

There are plenty of open small-group setups that could be run if you don't feel like doing the "newbie game."  Try checking out http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Small_Open_Setups for ideas.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 13, 2012, 02:58:45 pm »

Yea you can absolutely use different roles, I just wanted the first blitz of the forum to be very common basic roles.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 13, 2012, 02:59:25 pm »

Two minutes until MXI closes!!!!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 13, 2012, 03:03:28 pm »

There are plenty of open small-group setups that could be run if you don't feel like doing the "newbie game."  Try checking out http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Small_Open_Setups for ideas.
Yea you can absolutely use different roles, I just wanted the first blitz of the forum to be very common basic roles.
Well THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

Though not the concept - are people interested in another ZM2 game soon (say, Monday?) or would that be jumping the queue and this should wait for awhile?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 13, 2012, 03:07:08 pm »

Well THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

Though not the concept - are people interested in another ZM2 game soon (say, Monday?) or would that be jumping the queue and this should wait for awhile?

I think*there's a general consensus of go for it, and if people want to join, they will. The big boss's you might want to clear it by are Voltgloss/Dsell/Gruj who do (or might) have other things in the works. But I really don't see ZM games interfering with other launches since if they're short people they will have to wait at most 4 days for the ZM Games to end.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 13, 2012, 03:18:57 pm »

Dsell's plan sounds thoroughly awesome and V, yes I'd play! Different setup sounds very good too.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 13, 2012, 03:27:10 pm »

I say open it now, theres a huge mafia lull!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 13, 2012, 03:27:23 pm »

To confirm, I have no problem with other games being open for sign-ups while mine is open as well.  If I can't get enough players because people are in other games, well, I'll just have to wait until some of you die out of those games.  That never takes very long.  :)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 13, 2012, 03:29:14 pm »

Oh I have no objections to Voltaire opening a blitz game soon either! Sounds great!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 13, 2012, 03:30:27 pm »

You guys gonna play this time?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 13, 2012, 03:31:16 pm »

It's fine to open up another ZM game--I will play!

Any regular game needs to wait until Volt's is at least rolling.

I think a single big bastard or RMM game could open up when BMV completes.

My game begins quite soon.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 13, 2012, 03:31:39 pm »

Deleted a post here - setup I chose was 7-player. Who can help me out and recommend a way to make it 9? PM me. I appreciate it.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 13, 2012, 03:32:21 pm »

I was worried on 2 accounts.
1) I thought ZM1 left you too hurt
2) When you locked XI you said in the coming "DAYS" as opposed to "Later today"

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 13, 2012, 03:40:43 pm »

I was worried on 2 accounts.
1) I thought ZM1 left you too hurt
2) When you locked XI you said in the coming "DAYS" as opposed to "Later today"

Well, I really had intended to wait until either MVIII or MIX had concluded, but everyone is clamoring so desperately for more mafia at this instant that we may begin a little early. MVIII and MIX involve very few people at this point, so I think it's fine if the people in those games just hang back a bit for the very early part of M XI Day 1.

Role PMs soon!

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 13, 2012, 04:06:27 pm »

Cross posting from ZM1: I'd play another blitz game immediately.

Also, to whomever expressed an interest in modding with some help, I'm willing to help (if I'm not in the game obviously), though I may not be properly qualified after just two games total.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 13, 2012, 04:11:18 pm »

Also, to whomever expressed an interest in modding with some help, I'm willing to help (if I'm not in the game obviously), though I may not be properly qualified after just two games total.

I modded my first game after only having played 2 games, so I think you're qualified just fine  :)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42  All

Page created in 2.27 seconds with 19 queries.