Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Chapel/Council Room vs Baron/Mint  (Read 824 times)

Nakamura

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Nakamura
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
Chapel/Council Room vs Baron/Mint
« on: June 13, 2012, 12:24:22 pm »

In this game we employed totally different strategies which seemed to be equally good: 38-38 (I won because of turn order).

Chocofrodo went for Baron, Mint, Inn, Nobles.
I went for Chapel, Council Room, and fewer Nobles.

We both bought Tribute which was a good card with Nobles. I thought about going for Potion/Possession in the mid-game, but I felt it was too late and bought my first Province instead. I guess buying Nobles on turn 9 was my mistake? Should have gone for 2x Gold there instead.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel/Council Room vs Baron/Mint
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 01:22:39 pm »
+1

With Chapel, I would most certainly have gone Possession.  You should very quickly get to the point where you are multi turn possessing your opponent.  At which point you want your deck to be a pile of **** and are happily greening off of your opponents deck.  Of course if you both imploy that strategy it becomes a degenerate game where neither player wants a good deck because the other player will get to use the deck more often.

I suppose with your game, you really want a strong engine.  To do this you need a few things.  First, you need to Chapel away your starting cards to make your engine consistent.  You did that.  What you didn't do was try to immediately ramp up to double province.  To do this, you have nobles for +action, CR for +Card and +buy, and mint to increase money in deck.  I would suggest using a single council room, Tribute with $5, tons of Nobles, and a single Gold minted into more. 

Note that this isn't how I would play due to Possession, but it's a general gist of how I might play the engine.

*Edited to talk about the engine*
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:52:31 pm by shark_bait »
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.