Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12  All

Author Topic: Resistance: The Empire Must Fall  (Read 31895 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: The Empire Must Fall
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2012, 12:27:47 am »

Heads up -- I will be out of town this weekend.  I will probably still check in, but possibly not.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2012, 10:00:51 am »

Mission 3.1 proposed by: Thisisnotasmile:
Team Proposed: WrathOfGlod, Morgrim7, Thisisnotasmile, Galzria
Voting YES: WrathOfGlod, Morgrim7, Thisisnotasmile, Galzria
Voting NO: eHalcyon, Robz888
Result: Yes - 4, No - 2
Proposal passes

Mission 3 Results
Co-operating: 4
Sabotage: 0
Mission succeeds. Score is now Resistance - 3, Spies - 0

Resistance Win 3-0!

Overall, I think the spies (who are obviously eHalcyon and Robz) were very unlucky - I don't think they played badly, and especially proposal 2.3 (which included Robz) should have gone through - but WoG managed to fluke avoiding the fail by accidentally not voting :P.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2012, 10:07:14 am »

vote: Robz

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2012, 10:08:18 am »

Oh hey, it's up before I leave this morning.

Yeah, WoG, did you actually forget or was it some super strategic play or something?  I was like, "this will work out wonderfully" but then nope.

And Galz was right, I kind of panicked at the end there.  I should have waited to bring up long con possibilities (which were indeed possibilities!) after Robz was taken for mission 2.  My bad Robz!

Now I'm thinking I should have just failed the first mission.  If the very first proposal had gone through (WoG + me) I was going to fail it.  I intended to fail the one with Galzria but at that point he was showing trust for me and distrust for TINAS so I thought I'd wait.

All in all, I wish others had talked more.  And I think I vastly prefer being a civilian to being a bad guy.  ::)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2012, 11:03:37 am »

;D

TINAS, no hard feelings for early game? I needed to get reads somewhere, and eH's play all game RE: You and me is what really tipped me off to his WIFOM play.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2012, 11:08:15 am »

No hard feelings at all.

TBH I hadn't even thought about who seemed like a spy or not, I just put the team that passed on with myself. It's pretty much what I had to do and I got lucky.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2012, 11:18:28 am »

Ah man!!! Yeah WoG forgetting to vote absolutely killed us.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2012, 11:29:19 am »

I expected 2.3 to go through, and I expected it to fail. At the time, my suspicion levels of eH were already raised, but I knew it wasn't the time to come out firing.

eH, you made one big Red Flag raising case Mission 2:

Obviously, a spy does not want to vote his partner onto a mission (that is, if Robz was 1 of 3 chosen and you were not, it would look bad for you to vote it through knowing it will fail), thus you never did. But you spent all of Mission 2 trying to get someone to do it for you. You kept talking about how good you thought the team was, and that you were right on the verge of wanting to vote. Had Morgrim come along and passed it, you could've tried to soon him as a spy partner.

Now, I DID vote it through the second time, but it was calculated to learn something. I had failed (at that time) to notice that Robz was also on every vote you liked with TINAS as well - but pass or fail at that point, I was sure you were a spy. One 2.4 passed clean, and I went back (and saw Robz everywhere you liked), it came together quickly. I was confident of the spy pairings during all of Mission 3.

Your long-con game didn't factor in much at all. It was mostly conceivable, although not with these players, and not given past events. Morgrim was clear because I actually think he's a smart, but honest player. WoG was clear because I would've been SO easy to frame 2.4

So yeah. Robz by himself generated only mild suspicion (for NOT being Robz), but I was really led to him by eH, who I pegged around 2.2

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 23, 2012, 05:34:08 pm »

Thanks, Tables for moderating; this was awesome! I do think we were lucky... hmmm.... *drifts away, lost in thought*
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 23, 2012, 05:50:15 pm »

Thanks, Tables for moderating; this was awesome! I do think we were lucky... hmmm.... *drifts away, lost in thought*

You were so quiet all game...

Mafia Record:

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 23, 2012, 05:56:03 pm »

What could I say? There was nothing. Did not want to make people not trust me; also I was gone alot. No cases to make...no reason to defend myself...
Not allowed to discuss it, but I am no longer suspicious of Morgrim.  In fact, I no longer have any clue when I should be suspicious of Morgrim.  Ugh.
hahaha thats funny.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 23, 2012, 06:00:13 pm »

What could I say? There was nothing. Did not want to make people not trust me; also I was gone alot. No cases to make...no reason to defend myself...
Not allowed to discuss it, but I am no longer suspicious of Morgrim.  In fact, I no longer have any clue when I should be suspicious of Morgrim.  Ugh.
hahaha thats funny.

I found plenty to say, but I felt all done with eH at times. :(

But then, I always find stuff to say.

I actually want to play a game with you now where you AREN'T an innocent. It would intrigue me... ;D

Mafia Record:

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 23, 2012, 08:00:24 pm »

hahaha thats funny.

I found plenty to say, but I felt all done with eH at times. :(

But then, I always find stuff to say.

I actually want to play a game with you now where you AREN'T an innocent. It would intrigue me... ;D
Hahaha  ;D I've developed a repututation of being crazy; now nobody knows whether or not to suspect me. I might sign up for Mafia VI and hope to be mafia.  :)

Mad, I tell you.

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 23, 2012, 09:52:45 pm »

So it seems that my moment of idiocy saved the game, when we tell our grandchildren the story of our resistance we will have to change that part of the story.

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 23, 2012, 09:53:43 pm »

By the way eHalycon, was your post an attempt to signal?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 25, 2012, 12:59:35 pm »

By the way eHalycon, was your post an attempt to signal?

Haha, totally was a very poor attempt to signal.  :P

Yeah I definitely overplayed my hand.  It was going fairly well but I started getting too friendly.  Props to Galz. :)

If we do this again, I think I'll be much more anti-quiet.  Need others to talk as well.  I would not have talked so much except I think it's boring if everyone is just quiet.  I kind of wish Robz talked a bit more.  I would have liked an opportunity to denounce him but he didn't make any waves either.

As it is, apologies for Robz for being the giveaway!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 25, 2012, 01:11:14 pm »

Sorry! Yeah, a couple times I started to say something and deleted it. I felt kind of lost here, especially when it ended up that eHal and I were pretty much toast by accident.

I wasn't quite sure how to say who I suspected, since no one was really scummy. I don't know, things kind of fell apart. My bad!

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 25, 2012, 03:50:51 pm »

Is there gonna be another one of these? I'm back to looking for a forum game of something now that I've been hammered in Medical Mafia. I didn't participate in this one or MIII or MIV because I was away on vacation in Italy, and so wasn't gonna commit to a regular posting schedule.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 25, 2012, 04:31:22 pm »

Is there gonna be another one of these? I'm back to looking for a forum game of something now that I've been hammered in Medical Mafia. I didn't participate in this one or MIII or MIV because I was away on vacation in Italy, and so wasn't gonna commit to a regular posting schedule.

I would play again. At times the slow pace was frustrating, but at other times it was relaxing not to have this game constantly demanding my attention (like some other games do from time to time).

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2012, 04:32:30 pm »

I'm in, of course.

Now that I have an idea how to play I think I would contribute more.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2012, 04:46:49 pm »

I'd be up for another.  And this time I'll be after the quiet ones whatever I roll.  I'd like there to be more conversation. :P

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2012, 04:53:05 pm »

I'd be perfectly happy to host another, if people want :). But if someone else wanted to take the reins, that's fine too.

Oh, here's the game spreadsheet, if anyone's interesting. I... don't think it is, really. Only that the last two Plot cards would have been (r4) Keeping a Close Eye on You and (r5) Strong Leader.

Also slightly surprised nobody commented that the player order ended up exactly the same as the signup order. It might be because I didn't record people's signups in the right order and thus it wasn't (which would make sense as obviously nobody but me would have noticed), but the RNG chose people in that order, which I found amusing.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2012, 05:30:21 pm »

Would you rather play, Tables? You've already modded one, seems like it's only fair to let you play the next one!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2012, 05:43:36 pm »

I was sad that I got Opinion Maker for my plot card.  Wanted something more interesting to work with.

I'd like a bigger group so that we have things like In the Spotlight.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2012, 06:26:27 pm »

Would you rather play, Tables? You've already modded one, seems like it's only fair to let you play the next one!

Hmm... yes, I think so. With how incredibly active the mafia games here are I was expecting the same amount of discussion in this, but this game was less active than most, so yes, I'd be happy to play. I've already mentioned the spreadsheets and linked to one, but here's the blank sheet for whoever wants to mod one.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 14 queries.