Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26  All

Author Topic: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, night 3  (Read 81158 times)

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia I: Murder in the Gardens, rules up, pms sent.
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2012, 09:49:37 am »

As far as I can tell, these are people in the town:

theory
Ozle
Thisisnotasmile
O
ftl
Robz888
Axxle
goober
Davio

Here is a list of people that could potentially be mafia:

Ozle
Thisisnotasmile
O
ftl
Robz888
Axxle
goober
Davio

"mafia" has 5 letters.  Axxle and Davio have 5 letters.  There are two mafia members.  Coincidence?  I think not!

You missed "theory" off the potential mafia list but other than that I like your detective work.

Also, notice how the A and I in "Davio" line up with those in "mafia" AND the positions of consonants and vowels line up precisely! Coincidence? Who knows.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2012, 09:57:00 am »

theory - Slightly Suspicious
Ozle - Innocent
Thisisnotasmile - Highly Suspicious
O - Undeicded
ftl - Highly Suspicious
Robz888 - Extrmely Suspicious
Axxle - Suspicious
goober - Slightly Suspicious
Davio - Undecided

Also, I reckon it could all be a trap and PopofCtown could have done it!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2012, 10:02:08 am »

I'm currently most suspicious of Robz888 for coming out all guns blazing accusing pretty much everybody in the game of being mafia and Axxle for actually making a bolded lynch vote based on absolutely nothing when we've had less than 12 hours to actually interrogate each other.
Pfft, this is just because you were the one being accused.  Reflect reactions never work, don't you know?

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04:50 am »

Okay seriously why are we suspicious of me? Is this because I didn't feel the need to state "I am not mafia" when it's obvious that everybody in the game is taking that stance? Okay cool good plan. Here's a list of everybody in the game who has as yet not stated that they are not mafia and therefore are highly suspicious:

theory
Ozle
O
ftl
Robz888
Axxle
goober
Davio

Please note I am not on this list and that one person on this list, O, has claimed to be both a Jester (not in the game) and also attempted to (jokingly) cast suspicion on himself.

That is all.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2012, 10:06:24 am »

I'm currently most suspicious of Robz888 for coming out all guns blazing accusing pretty much everybody in the game of being mafia and Axxle for actually making a bolded lynch vote based on absolutely nothing when we've had less than 12 hours to actually interrogate each other.
Pfft, this is just because you were the one being accused.  Reflect reactions never work, don't you know?

No no no. It's not that they don't work, it's that if they existed they would be more powerful than the attacks themselves. However, I am happy to lynch me if that's how it's going to be. I'd have a good laugh.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2012, 10:10:46 am »

1) Just a reminder. There's no "O" in mafia. Neither is there B,C,D,E,G,H,J,K,L,N,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z. But mostly importantly, no O.

Also, just a clarification question: I have a moat in hand, so I can't be killed during the nighttime, right?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2012, 10:34:32 am »

1) Just a reminder. There's no "O" in mafia. Neither is there B,C,D,E,G,H,J,K,L,N,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z. But mostly importantly, no O.

Also, just a clarification question: I have a moat in hand, so I can't be killed during the nighttime, right?

I agree heartily with this statement! Therefore O people (Which is anyone whose name begins with O) must be innocent.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2012, 10:37:10 am »

Okay seriously why are we suspicious of me? Is this because I didn't feel the need to state "I am not mafia" when it's obvious that everybody in the game is taking that stance? Okay cool good plan. Here's a list of everybody in the game who has as yet not stated that they are not mafia and therefore are highly suspicious:

Your list is the wrong way round, based on thje logic that people are suspicious of you because you stated you were not the Mafia....so those people are not suspicious! (Although clearly some of them are!)

But obviously there is very little logic at this point anyway

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2012, 11:32:25 am »

My name may have some similarities with the word Mafia, it doesn't mean I am one.
In fact, I would argue that due to random role assignments any connection between someone's name and his affiliation is a dead end.

We townies must use logic, reason and all that Vulcanology (the planet, not the seismic event) to suss out the Mafias, blind accusations won't help.

That being said, I don't suspect Thisisnotasmile at the moment, I suspect Axxle for being so quick to jump the gun on him...

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2012, 12:36:23 pm »

It looks like I should explain myself a little.  There are a few reasons I voted for TINAS.

Well thank God for the reshuffle. Haven't played for a while and wasn't really prepared for being mafia. That's not to say I'm not mafia anymore, but what are the odds?

Also, if me and Theory are the main suspects then that means... THEORY IS THE SPY oh wrong game MAFIA!

This is incredibly suspicious.  He's basically coming right out the gate trying to explain how he isn't mafia.  Feels very lampshadey.  He's even trying to use bad math to his benefit.  "What are the odds?"  Still 2/9 at game start, same as everyone else.

Putting pressure on players early is a great way to get them to respond and get more information out of them and other players.  I'm actually feeling really good about the people who are strongly suspicious of me.  Most of you seem a unfamiliar with Mafia, or haven't played in a while or ever on a forum, so I can see having someone accusing people so fast might raise red flags.  But remember, anyone can change their vote at any time, I strongly suggest everyone to use it as a way of applying pressure when needed.

Some of these people who accuse everyone as mafia are obviously just making a joke, so not really indicators of mafianess from it in and of itself.  However, the fact that they feel the need to keep making jokes, maybe it's an indication that they don't want to dive straight away into the game, and test the waters to see what everyone else is doing while still looking like they're doing something? I don't know.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2012, 01:01:55 pm »

Obviously "respect" on this forum is little more than a codeword of "fear". The most feared people are the most likely to be mafia (and an admin mafia... dear god, who could possibly defeat that?)

So I only really see two possible outcomes:

1) Me and goober aren't mafia
2) You guys upvote this comment enough that I become 3rd or so in respect, and then I become mafia   8)

Also, @Axxle: It's statistically better for the village to lynch every night, and as we have no real information (except that Theory is obviously mafia), we may as well joke around. ("we" of course assuming you aren't Mafia.)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2012, 01:09:50 pm »

Obviously "respect" on this forum is little more than a codeword of "fear". The most feared people are the most likely to be mafia (and an admin mafia... dear god, who could possibly defeat that?)

2) You guys upvote this comment enough that I become 3rd or so in respect, and then I become mafia   8)

Also, @Axxle: It's statistically better for the village to lynch every night, and as we have no real information (except that Theory is obviously mafia), we may as well joke around. ("we" of course assuming you aren't Mafia.)
But if at least we use the semblance of reason, we might be able to go back in the thread and see who was accusing who and that might be the beginning of clues after the first lynch and kill
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2012, 01:18:25 pm »

Chummy with Goober are you......

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2012, 01:19:54 pm »

But if at least we use the semblance of reason, we might be able to go back in the thread and see who was accusing who and that might be the beginning of clues after the first lynch and kill

Except that never happens.

theory 1 9
Ozle 2
Thisisnotasmile 3
ftl 4
Robz888 5 0
Axxle 6
goober 7
Davio 8

I'll probably vote for whoever has the digit that this posts timestamp's second counter lands on.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2012, 01:30:41 pm »

In the interest thread Robz stated that he does this in IRL mafia too, so I'm not hugely concernaed about that, but Axxle, what have you got to say?

As you note, I did mention in the other thread that I am a big and active accuser in every mafia game. I think I am more often killed because people are sicking of me talking than because they think I am the mafia! Hopefully we can play quite often and others will learn that I do play "guns blazing" regardless of what role I have.

When I said that TINAS was suspicious for not unequivocally stating he wasn't mafia, I was more or less kidding. Just trying to stir discussion. But here's a good example of why doing that can be instructive. Seems to me his response was extremely defensive. This could just be how he is of course, or it could be because he is mafia. In all seriousness, with very little to go on, I would tend suspect TINAS more than others, now.

What say you, friends?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2012, 01:31:43 pm »

Just to clarify, does this day end early if everybody has voted a majority, so if 5 of us all of a sudden go for the same person in the next 5 minutes, then that auto ends the day? in which case I can see advantages for both voting early and late for either side!

And then once its night we cant talk to each other until the day phase right?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2012, 01:33:07 pm »

I should clarify: There are people who use a semblance of reason with their voting picks for the first round, Axxle.

Mafia

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2012, 01:33:39 pm »

In the interest thread Robz stated that he does this in IRL mafia too, so I'm not hugely concernaed about that, but Axxle, what have you got to say?

As you note, I did mention in the other thread that I am a big and active accuser in every mafia game. I think I am more often killed because people are sicking of me talking than because they think I am the mafia! Hopefully we can play quite often and others will learn that I do play "guns blazing" regardless of what role I have.

When I said that TINAS was suspicious for not unequivocally stating he wasn't mafia, I was more or less kidding. Just trying to stir discussion. But here's a good example of why doing that can be instructive. Seems to me his response was extremely defensive. This could just be how he is of course, or it could be because he is mafia. In all seriousness, with very little to go on, I would tend suspect TINAS more than others, now.

What say you, friends?

I agree with your quite defensive comment about TINAS, but then your first paragraph here is quite defensive, followed by a shift of direction in the conversation onto someone else...

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2012, 01:33:56 pm »

Be my guest. ;)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2012, 01:35:29 pm »

What say you, friends?

I agree with your quite defensive comment about TINAS, but then your first paragraph here is quite defensive, followed by a shift of direction in the conversation onto someone else.

Yes, that too was my first thought after posting it. TINAS, though, had like a series of posts defending himself....

... and now I do too! Gah! Catch-22!

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2012, 01:41:05 pm »

This is why mafia games on my old forum died. If you defend yourself it makes you look even more suspicious so the easiest solution is not to post in the first place.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2012, 01:43:49 pm »

This is why mafia games on my old forum died. If you defend yourself it makes you look even more suspicious so the easiest solution is not to post in the first place.

Hey, that's fair (still though, defensive!). Let's see who has posted the least and make a fuss about them. Give me a sec.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2012, 01:46:29 pm »

Nah, not being defensive anymore. I'm happy to be lynched. I'm fine being randomly lynched as long as there is no REAL info going around because it means I can sit back and laugh at my team (read: town) for bringing it upon themselves for the rest of the game. And hey, chances are we are going to lynch one of our own, so may as well get rid of someone who doesn't have a power role. It could be worse, right?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2012, 01:53:06 pm »

Nah, not being defensive anymore. I'm happy to be lynched. I'm fine being randomly lynched as long as there is no REAL info going around because it means I can sit back and laugh at my team (read: town) for bringing it upon themselves for the rest of the game. And hey, chances are we are going to lynch one of our own, so may as well get rid of someone who doesn't have a power role. It could be worse, right?

Everything you say is suspicious to me.

But as promised! Here is the number of posts people have made since Pops restarted the game.

Robz888 -- 10
Theory -- 3
TINAS -- 10
Ozle -- 10
Davio -- 2
Ftl -- 2
Axxle -- 3
Goober -- 1
O -- 7

I'm not necessarily in favor of killing the non-talkers, but if they don't start talking we should kill them.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2012, 01:54:39 pm »

After a few games with me you'll realise that this is just the way I am.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.