Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fan Card Mechanics Week 67: This land is your land, this land is my land  (Read 494 times)

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1445
    • View Profile

Design something like ThetaSigma12ˋs Landmarks. The idea is to have a landscape with tokens that restrict how often you can use it.
I think that the purest form, i.e. no limitation like an Event that has to be bought in the Buy phase, makes most sense but if you have an idea to combine Landmarks with an existing landscape type, go for it.

As ThetaSigma12 has pointed out, the pure form should feature a cost, risk or other downside. For example: „At the start of your turn, you may remove a token from this for +1 Action. If you end your Buy phase with 1 or more Actions, gain a Curse. | Setup: Put 6 tokens here per player.“.
With two non-drawing terminals in hand, it is safe, but with only a Smithy in hand, you risk not drawing into another terminal.

Will(ow|iam)

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: willowhelmiam
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
+2

Husbandry
$0 Event - Liaison
+1 Buy
If you haven't done so thrice or more this game, double your favors.

(Rulebook:
If the Ally is Circle of Witches or League of Shopkeepers, and there is an Event-Liaison on the board, then play this card at the start of each of your turns:

Clown
Liaison
When you play this, leave it in the rulebook.)

BryGuy

• Explorer
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
+1

Currywurst Stand • $2 • Event - Landmark
At the start of your turn, you may remove one token from this for +1 Card, +1 Action, and +1 Buy.
This is worth 2 Victory for each token not of your color.
Set-up: Each player places four tokens of their color.
Use this four times to prevent your opponent from gaining easy points. :)

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1445
    • View Profile
+3

Husbandry - I cannot imagine a scenario in which you would not multiply your favors by 8 in one go. So it kinda misses the token idea.

Currywurst Stand - I think that it should say, at the start of your next turn. Also, I think that it should be the other way around, namely that you get 2VPs for each of your unused tokens. Otherwise there is no real trade-off, a Lost City plus Market Square effect is worth more than 2 Coins.

Winner: BryGuy
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 10:51:27 am by segura »

Joxeft

• Bishop
  • Respect: +103
    • View Profile

ouch the contests are dyeing
I haven't even gotten one this for half a year
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.427 seconds with 20 queries.