Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Viking Fan Expansion  (Read 526 times)

sacrach20

• Pawn
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Viking Fan Expansion
« on: August 14, 2022, 04:41:07 pm »
+1

Viking themed fan expansion. Not yet playtested and may not be perfectly balanced. Hoping for feedback.

I had a stupid idea to create a kind of Bingo card for Dominion and build an expansion around it. Basically, you use tokens to mark accomplishments throughout gameplay called Conquests. Honor type cards have different effects based on the number of Conquests you've accomplished. This expansion also uses a D6 to determine effects of a few cards. I know that this randomness can undermine strategy in a game, but I wanted to give it a small shot just to add something fresh.
Manual here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vSQ9tQPhvjyP3hU-9ZZj5y80WJavf1Cy-srCtYA9Es3PCgz4GLSxO4tUYbZ4jIVD7kSR_FV-R0rbyKm/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=60000

Cards:

BryGuy

• Explorer
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
Re: Viking Fan Expansion
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 04:48:50 pm »

Use of a die can incur much more randomness if you don't account for it. I'm developing some cards using a D8 and am learning this too.

So for example Thrall can be very random and the results can be very random. You could buy a Gold or not even afford an Estate. I would suggest something like "Roll Odd, +2 Coin, Roll Even +3 Coin; Roll 1-3: Can’t purchase Victory or Treasure cards during your buy phase. Roll 4-5, gain a Surtr's Fire. Roll 6, gain a Thrall.".

Iceland will have the same issue. maybe something like "When scoring, first Roll. Roll even worth 2 each, Roll odd worth 3 each."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 05:14:39 pm by BryGuy »

BryGuy

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 04:52:57 pm »

None of these appear to have used the card generator <https://shardofhonor.github.io/dominion-card-generator/index.html?title=&description=&type=&credit=&creator=&price=&preview=&type2=&color2split=1&boldkeys=&picture-x=0&picture-y=0&picture-zoom=1&picture=&expansion=&custom-icon=&color0=0&color1=0&size=0>.  Try using this and attribute youself as creator and whomever for the artwork.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 05:14:57 pm by BryGuy »

BryGuy

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 05:07:29 pm »

Some of these could use update verbiage.

Andvari "If you have completed at least 6 Conquests, gain 2 Gold onto your deck; otherwise gain a Gold and Surtr's Fire."

Baldr "Now and at the next turn's start +1 Coin, +2 Buys. While this is in play, roll upon gaining a card. Roll 1-3, gain the card to your hand. Roll 4, also gain a Silver. Roll 5, trash the gained card. Roll 6, return gained card to the Supply and gain a Silver."

Coastal Raid "+2 Coin; You and left-player reveal the bottom deck card. If your card costs less, gain a Gold. They return thier card. You put your card into your hand." 15 less words

Valhalla seams overpowered to start, maybe nerfing it like: "Worth 1 V-token per completed Conquest. The first time this card is played this turn: +1 Card, +1 Action."

« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 05:17:34 pm by BryGuy »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.376 seconds with 21 queries.