Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Game Over! Skum Wins!  (Read 120100 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Day 2 Has Begun!
« Reply #475 on: October 04, 2020, 01:44:07 pm »

re: Dylan's long post, I agree with him on most of his points. I don't have a scumread on Galzria, though.

People who were excited by Dylan's scum!Joseph narrative: Dylan, Galzria, Eevee, Glooble, chairs.
People who were not: EFHW, Didds, faust, Space, ADK, Robz, MiX (?).

I think it's reasonable to assume there is at least one scum in {Galz, Eevee, Glooble, chairs}.

It's odd that you include yourself on that second list even though you were the one who hammered him
Why is that odd?

Maybe I should go back and look at what EFHW said about joseph pre-hammer
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 04, 2020, 01:49:20 pm »

EFHW expresses a townread of joseph in 379, so I guess that answers that

Given that glooble and joseph were the two leading candidates at that point, I don't think scum!EFHW commits to a townread on joseph if glooble is her partner. So I'm willing to rule out a EFHW/glooble scumteam
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 04, 2020, 01:55:05 pm »

Sorry all - will catch up today.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 04, 2020, 02:06:59 pm »

Okay good, my faust vote got d2 convos rolling. I can unvote now.

unvote

Leaning Gloobs but I want to actually take some time to reread.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 04, 2020, 02:47:18 pm »

unvote

What kind of conversations do you think wouldn't have happened without that vote?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: October 05, 2020, 07:09:23 am »

Lame.

I think I understand why scum killed MiX.

I feel like ADK is putting a lot of questionable ideas out there and it makes me want to vote for them, but it's better than no content.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 05, 2020, 07:17:52 am »

I'd love to hear some thoughts from Glooble on his D1 wagon.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 05, 2020, 07:30:58 am »

Lame.

I think I understand why scum killed MiX.

I feel like ADK is putting a lot of questionable ideas out there and it makes me want to vote for them, but it's better than no content.

You're probably my only solid townread at this point so I appreciate if you wouldn't. Which of my ideas are questionable?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 05, 2020, 08:08:39 am »

You're probably my only solid townread at this point so I appreciate if you wouldn't. Which of my ideas are questionable?

Some bits I find weird:

(or EFHW I guess, that wagon was also kind of viable at the time)

This. There's two possible partners for space to be deflecting from
So if Space was scum partnered with EFHW (let's assume that Glooble is town) then does it make sense for Space to switch votes from Glooble to Joseph when they did? I am not convinced. All that achieves is create a situation where instead of 2 town wagons vs 1 scum wagon you have 1 town wagons vs 1 scum wagon. And let's not forget that Space was on the IC-approved wagon at the time.

Basically, I don't think your narrative for scum!Space makes much sense. Unless Glooble is scum. But since it only holds any water if Glooble is scum, you should be going after Glooble.

My instinct is that the people who followed dylan onto joseph are much more likely to be scum than he is, particularly since pretty much every one of those votes was justified by saying "Dylan's case seems solid". If he's scum he's bold scum, and I don't feel like I've played enough with him to tell if that's his style
Feels to me like Dylan giving a solid case on town frees up scum to do pretty much whatever. They don't really need to push Joseph if there is enough of a case there to convince town to do the dirty work for them. I don't see why jumping on that wagon would be a scum move.

Given that glooble and joseph were the two leading candidates at that point, I don't think scum!EFHW commits to a townread on joseph if glooble is her partner. So I'm willing to rule out a EFHW/glooble scumteam
First of all at the time of EFHW's post she had just as many votes as Glooble. Second, if Glooble is EFHW's partner then they probably don't both want to end up on the Joseph wagon, that's just bad PR. I don't think that post warrants excluding an EFHW/Glooble scumteam.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 05, 2020, 08:24:19 am »

unvote

What kind of conversations do you think wouldn't have happened without that vote?

I wanted to see reactions. I thought maybe I could catch scum out with a little early pile on - you seem pretty Town, but I figured maybe we'd get one of them to take the bait and see if a faust wagon could roll. Instead, I get called out a bit for the vote, which has value all its own.

Some bits I find weird:

So if Space was scum partnered with EFHW (let's assume that Glooble is town) then does it make sense for Space to switch votes from Glooble to Joseph when they did? I am not convinced. All that achieves is create a situation where instead of 2 town wagons vs 1 scum wagon you have 1 town wagons vs 1 scum wagon. And let's not forget that Space was on the IC-approved wagon at the time.

Basically, I don't think your narrative for scum!Space makes much sense. Unless Glooble is scum. But since it only holds any water if Glooble is scum, you should be going after Glooble.

My instinct is that the people who followed dylan onto joseph are much more likely to be scum than he is, particularly since pretty much every one of those votes was justified by saying "Dylan's case seems solid". If he's scum he's bold scum, and I don't feel like I've played enough with him to tell if that's his style
Feels to me like Dylan giving a solid case on town frees up scum to do pretty much whatever. They don't really need to push Joseph if there is enough of a case there to convince town to do the dirty work for them. I don't see why jumping on that wagon would be a scum move.

First of all at the time of EFHW's post she had just as many votes as Glooble. Second, if Glooble is EFHW's partner then they probably don't both want to end up on the Joseph wagon, that's just bad PR. I don't think that post warrants excluding an EFHW/Glooble scumteam.

I actually like ADK's logic here, overall, and I'll
vote: Glooble.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 05, 2020, 08:43:42 am »

unvote

I wanted to see reactions. I thought maybe I could catch scum out with a little early pile on - you seem pretty Town, but I figured maybe we'd get one of them to take the bait and see if a faust wagon could roll. Instead, I get called out a bit for the vote, which has value all its own.

Some bits I find weird:

I actually like ADK's logic here, overall, and I'll
vote: Glooble.

What about my posts make you want to vote for glooble?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 05, 2020, 08:44:58 am »

Do you think that scum left the wagon alone, then? Or is it all just NAI?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 05, 2020, 08:47:59 am »

Do you think that scum left the wagon alone, then? Or is it all just NAI?
I think what scum did depends heavily on the alignment of the competing wagons. If all wagons were town, then likely scum would rather have pushed elsewhere. Otherwise it's trickier.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 05, 2020, 08:53:13 am »

EFHW, I could not find anything about your read on Glooble. Do you have one and if so how did it develop?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 05, 2020, 09:36:03 am »

I think he's town. His reactions feel town. Like MiX said, he reads like someone without partners. I guess Robz and ADK found his MiX vote here scummy, but I don't see it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 05, 2020, 09:45:46 am »

I think he's town. His reactions feel town. Like MiX said, he reads like someone without partners. I guess Robz and ADK found his MiX vote here scummy, but I don't see it.
I still don't know what that means, and sadly MiX died before he could explain. Maybe you can take up the mantle?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 05, 2020, 10:24:47 am »

I still don't know what that means, and sadly MiX died before he could explain. Maybe you can take up the mantle?

I think MiX said he is alone against the world, and I can see that in Glooble's reactions. It's possible that Glooble came up with a scum strategy to try to set up ADK, but to me he seemed to actually feel betrayed. I think scum would take mishaps more philosophically and scum with daychat would be especially self-contained because they have a place to express their frustrations and discuss strategies.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 05, 2020, 10:44:17 am »

I think MiX said he is alone against the world, and I can see that in Glooble's reactions. It's possible that Glooble came up with a scum strategy to try to set up ADK, but to me he seemed to actually feel betrayed. I think scum would take mishaps more philosophically and scum with daychat would be especially self-contained because they have a place to express their frustrations and discuss strategies.

I think scum is more likely to express their frustration in the main thread because they know it likely get them townread
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 05, 2020, 10:48:37 am »

I think scum is more likely to express their frustration in the main thread because they know it likely get them townread

That definitely happens. I don't know about more likely. It comes down to whether they can be convincing.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 05, 2020, 12:34:04 pm »

Catching up now.

This is a really good point I think.

Space seems more than usually preoccupied with how she's coming off as, and maybe kind of overexplaining herself? The points she's making make logical sense to me though, but she's so eloquent that maybe I shouldn't read too much into it.

ADK continues to look towny to me, also think Glooble is probably town from yesterday. I think Dylan is towny for pushing Joseph, paradoxically enough. faust I don't have much of an impression on yet which is weird, same for Galzria which I'd say makes both more than mildly suspicious.

I would guess that scum killed Mix because he's headstrong and his reads were good, at least in some capacity? Could also be a sign for Robz that his reads yesterday were not correct.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: October 05, 2020, 01:47:44 pm »

Didds #463 - Why were you originally thinking EFHW was the right way to go?

Most of it is feels, but I found her extended discussion with MiX on D1 was a lot of material with very little content.  My thought was one of them was scummy based on that, and her more so than him.  Her general level of activity is rather higher than normal, but these are strange times...my level is lower than normal b/c of work so that isn't a huge factor. Finally, the way she joined the quick wagon on me, then unvoted when she realized I hadn't voted for Joseph but then snarked at me for being distracted was all kind of off feeling.  The reason I went back to voting for her was the hammer long before deadline when she had said that she thought him town. Not super scummy, but not redeeming either. Added to the fact that she was Mixy's top scum read, its seems a better place to be than anywhere else at the moment. I am not so certain about my feelings that I am gonna get on my pony and ride around arguing my case, but I don't see any reason to move my vote. 

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 05, 2020, 01:53:59 pm »

Vote Count 2.2:
chairs (2): ADK, faust
EFHW (1): WCD
Glooble (1): chairs

Not Voting (7): Dylan, EFHW, Galz, Eevee, Space, Robz, Glooble

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 ends on October 9th at 6:15PM Forum Time.

***Alright all you filthy animals.... I am going camping for a few days and will only be able to check in on you once a day.... try and behave while I am gone!***
--- I will have limited access until Thursday afternoon.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 05, 2020, 03:22:15 pm »

Vote: Glooble

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 05, 2020, 04:19:14 pm »

Vote: Glooble

What's your reasoning?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Day 1!!!!
« Reply #499 on: October 05, 2020, 04:46:12 pm »

Question for chairs. What changed between here:

Vote: glooble

I think the adk glooble interaction has me ready to vote one of them off the island and I think glooble has come off scummier in the interactions, personally.

and here:

Am I really lurking that much? Man, sorry. It doesn't feel like it on my end.

I think this it Town gloobs

I think the ADK argument from gloobs makes a lot of sense.

Vote: adk

And now you're back on me again?

I'd love to hear some thoughts from Glooble on his D1 wagon.

Well, I've talked about ADK a lot. Robz is town. MiX was town. So that leave you, chairs and Space (taht's everyone who voted for me at all, I think.) See above for chairs- he goes back and forth between me and ADK in a way that I think it honestly pretty scummy. Space's initial vote for me reads like a joke vote. The weirdest thing is that they defend it like it was more serious than it initially appeared. Your vote doesn't come with a lot of explanation, I assume you just thought I was a better wagon than Joseph. But my wagon never had much substance to it.

Most likely scum is chairs I think. I'm still wary of ADK but my scumread on them has cooled somewhat, I think it was a little too emotionally motivated.

vote: chairs

PPE: faust voting for me

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.