Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Game over)  (Read 126611 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1050 on: June 15, 2020, 12:40:28 am »

by the way, the print screen thing works great for reading if you aren't planning on directly quoting. I forgot about it... You can zip through posts and specific searches.

Very nice.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1051 on: June 15, 2020, 12:40:54 am »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

Joseph2302 (7): A Drowned Kernel, LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Calamitas, scolapasta, yuma, 2.71828.....
scolapasta (3): Dylan32, mail-mi, Swowl
2.71828..... (1): SpaceAnemone
WestCoastDidds (1): Joseph2302

Not Voting (0):

With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch. Twilight begins now and lasts until May 24, 2020, 03:30:00 pm.
Day 2 Final Vote Count

mail-mi (3): Calamitas, yuma, SpaceAnemone
Dylan32 (6): 2.71828....., LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Swowl, A Drowned Kernel, mail-mi
2.71828..... (1): Dylan32

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it took 6 to lynch. Twilight begins now and lasts until June 01, 2020, 06:30:00 am or whenever faust gets here, whichever is latest.
Day 3 Final Vote Count

2.71828..... (3): mail-mi, WestCoastDidds, Swowl
mail-mi (5): Calamitas, LaLight, 2.71828....., A Drowned Kernel, yuma

Not Voting (0)

With 8 alive, it took 5 to lynch. Twilight begins now and lasts at least until June 09, 2020, 10:00:00 pm.

You have been on all the mislynches. Pretty scummy.

But that is exactly what I am saying. My Lynch targets have been based off a narrow definition of how I think scum play.
Scum don't bus D1
Scum don't wagon together D2

Except those ideas have brought about town lynches. Scum hasn't behaved "normally"
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 15, 2020, 12:42:35 am »

Ok. Now that I have done that I am going to go to sleep. If game is still going Monday/Tuesday I'll get my reads and a vote, but could someone that likes doing this take a look at how likely LaLight's claim is given what we know.

I am not great at that and think we should explore it at least before we lynch (whether or not it is 2.7). If no one does it, I'll try but again, it isn't really my jam and will take me some time.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 15, 2020, 12:47:13 am »

Ok. Now that I have done that I am going to go to sleep. If game is still going Monday/Tuesday I'll get my reads and a vote, but could someone that likes doing this take a look at how likely LaLight's claim is given what we know.

I am not great at that and think we should explore it at least before we lynch (whether or not it is 2.7). If no one does it, I'll try but again, it isn't really my jam and will take me some time.

= my jam. gimme a minute.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 15, 2020, 12:49:27 am »

= my jam. gimme a minute.
Ok. I have memes to look at before bed anyways.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 15, 2020, 01:02:06 am »

unvote

I'm going to try another pass at this game tomorrow, looking specifically at those two pairings, and see if I come to any different conclusions

Didds and LL, feel free to weigh in
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 15, 2020, 01:30:35 am »

Here is the claim list:
ADK - UB (0 letters)
Calam - Gov (2 V's)
LaLight - Watcher (2 I's)
E! - VT (0 letters)
Swan - VT (0 letters)
Yuma - VT (0 letters)
WCD - VT (0 letters)

The order given was [E!, Swowl, Yuma, LL, WCD].

Prior to any claims, the info we all had was that there had the be at least VV (bc of Skum!RB flip and Gov flip). That theoretically would solve the situation right there. We need there 2 be 2 letters, there can be a max of 6 letters.

First thing that stands out here in the claim is obviously that LL jumped the order. Why do that as town? Why do that as skum?
- As Town... IDK. I can't think of a pro town reason, but that is not like condemning. I just don't know why do it.
- As Skum, if they knew that there was exactly 2 letters in play... they could do it so that their position does not look as skummy since they know all players will be claiming VT (or, I guess because it says skum doesn't know who gets an Acetic modifier if they do get it, they would know there is a max of 1 more letter). Either way, it is safe. They claim Watcher, that is 2 more letters... even if 1 more player were to of claim the max of 1 more letter that is still only 5 total letters, which is believable. 

So, for the jumping the order bit... actually I guess that is weird. Not really a lot of upside for town, and if they are skum in this spot, it would be completely safe.

The next thing to consider would be why claim Watcher?
- It has to do with the role and the number of letters. Now, it is NOT skummy that they are saying that they watched ADK all nights, I feel like that is what most of us would do yeah? But that does make it safe.
- Also, it is never a risk.
- Also, what are the alternatives?

Tracker - nope, way to hard to fabricate and be believable. especially if they know there are only VTs left minus 1 potential. So risk plus reward is not there.

Role Blocker - same as tracker... pretty much GTD they have to do null results, which always look bad. and they could still get caught if someone does have that last letter with a result.

Jail Keeper - OK this woulllllddd be good, bc they could make the same claim as Watcher (proc ADK every night). The issue here is that if there is that "other letter" and it is RB or JK... while it would look fine right then, if we did find skum on the next lynch it would limit the lynch pool to PRs (bc if LL is skum here then the set up is 2 letters or 3 letters, and we already had RB flip... so next flip would be *NOT* one of the roles that makes sense if there was another letter)... and actually even then that is a double letter claim so, even with one other letter potentially left to claim behind it is risky.

Virgin - bad. looks skummy.

Commuter - bad. if there is a commuter or a BG or a Virgin, that is a lot of letters again.

Bodyguard - OK. Claim to target ADK everynight, same as above.

PGO - bad. skummish, and safe. like the same for all the single letter ones in this spot. Double letter is just more believable.

Vig - OK this could of been a claim. Except the whole MM/E! thing would bring into question maybe why not shoot E!. But also, meh on that. So they could of picked this. But then again, navigating the kill and all is complicated once it is public in that spot.

Spirit - Never.

So, I guess the the points against them would be that Watcher would of been just like the best all around claim to make. However, if I were watcher in their spot, I would of done what they claim to of done... so it kind of just comes down to the jumping of the gun in the order of claims. I guess the key thing to take away from that is if they were skum they would of known it was safe.

Now.... on the other hand, where LL is town...
Everyone else claimed VT.
- E claimed prior, which regardless of alignment, they claim VT there.
- Then they claimed, bringing the total letter count to 4 [VV+II]
- Then Swowl claims VT. I will admit, if I were skum here I would probably claim VT. Even if I were skum with someone else that had not claimed, it would mean that I knew there were 4-6 letters in play... so claiming would be risky.
- Then Yuma claims VT. They could of claimed, but again, same concept as "if swowl had one person behind", there is still a risk. Unless they are skum with WCD, in which case they for sure could of safely claimed something.
- Last was WCD, who obviously could of safely claimed anything up to 2 letters, but did not.

So essentially skum exists in either LL/VT or VT/VT. If LL chose to claim VT and is skum knowing there are no other roles, then that would be a lynch pool strictly of all VT players, a pool of 2 skum out of 5 players. If they are skum fake claiming, knowing there will be no other claims, then that would be us looking in a pool of 4 VTs, where there is 1 skum out of 4 VTs.

So yeah... it goes against my previous read on E/LL not being a likely combo, but I guess just looking at LL it is possible.
I had not thought about it before in the mind set regarding that skum would of known exactly what was safe with such a limited amount of players left based on what they rolled.
Thoughts?

PPE2
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 15, 2020, 01:32:57 am »

So essentially skum exists in either LL/VT or VT/VT. If LL chose to claim VT and is skum knowing there are no other roles, then that would be a lynch pool strictly of all VT players, a pool of 2 skum out of 5 players. If they are skum fake claiming, knowing there will be no other claims, then that would be us looking in a pool of 4 VTs, where there is 1 skum out of 4 VTs.

This math is wrong. ADK - is not factored in. It would be 2 skum out of 4 players if they claim VT and 1 skum out of 3 players if they claim PR. (again, in this case, assuming they are skum)
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Night 3)
« Reply #1058 on: June 15, 2020, 02:10:59 am »

Vote Count 4.4

2.71828..... (2): LaLight, WestCoastDidds
No Lynch (2): Swowl,2.71828.....

Not Voting (2): yuma, A Drowned Kernel

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 4 lasts until June 18, 2020, 04:30:00 pm.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 15, 2020, 06:05:23 am »

But really, we were working mislynch vs. mislynch vs. mislynch all of D2/D3.

Scum could sit back and relax.  Looking for acti-lurkers here (Yuma, anyone)

I mean that means there was a HELL of a day 1 bus. Do you really think that is that likely? Considering you hammered right? so If you are town that means they all went there or sat there knowing all these town players could just hammer for the day 1 lynch. how does that like... make sense?

Look at LaLight's last post for D1. Look at how many votes were on Joseph at the time.

They never meant to bus like they did, but will take the town cred for it

then again, no.

I was inline at the wnd of the day and didn't post.
I don't think you have mentioned before that you were online, but didn't post during that time. Why?

because this is unprovable
Sorry I was unclear. I meant to ask why you didn't post during that time. I mean you aren't under any sort of obligation to post during that time, but it was a long chunk and significant events had happened. You are saying you could have, but didn't post then? That is my why?

i am not 100% sure, I was just waiting for Joseph flip and didn't really feel like weighing in really
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 15, 2020, 06:07:33 am »

I claimed early, because I was sure there will be 1v1, and by claiming early I am in a better position about this. Also when we lynch scum, whatever they will flip, my claim will be proved truthful.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 15, 2020, 08:40:24 am »

e/LL doesn't seem like a possible combo to me because of the whole restless spirit confusion thing

Swowl, is e still your top scum pick?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 15, 2020, 08:47:52 am »

WCD is town.

Part of the reason my level of enthusiasm and play has been meh this game is because it felt complicated and my role was boring. I’ve been in lots of moving parts games lately and this one had a complicated set up that you all have WAY more experience with than I do.

At no time have I ever given any of you any hope that I am next-level scum. I wouldn’t have been on Joseph early and rather steadily, I wouldn’t have let ADK live, I wouldn’t have killed Space or Calamitis. If I’m scum I kill ADK and then Swowl, LL, or e because are the people who know me best and could find me out. I am not next-level scum. I have no doubt that if I was scum, you’d have lynched me early on.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 15, 2020, 09:00:17 am »

WCD is town.

Part of the reason my level of enthusiasm and play has been meh this game is because it felt complicated and my role was boring. I’ve been in lots of moving parts games lately and this one had a complicated set up that you all have WAY more experience with than I do.

At no time have I ever given any of you any hope that I am next-level scum. I wouldn’t have been on Joseph early and rather steadily, I wouldn’t have let ADK live, I wouldn’t have killed Space or Calamitis. If I’m scum I kill ADK and then Swowl, LL, or e because are the people who know me best and could find me out. I am not next-level scum. I have no doubt that if I was scum, you’d have lynched me early on.

How much do you trust LL?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 15, 2020, 09:08:35 am »

WCD is town.

I am deeply scarred by some of my previous losses to him, so I am more wary than not. When his name gets linked to mine over and over again, it makes me think he has to be town. I currently trust him more than Yuma, not as much as Swowl.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: June 15, 2020, 09:09:06 am »

WCD is town.

Went back and re-read D1 Didds, and I have to say...I find her townie.

I went with my logic and facts about wagons for leading mislynches on Dylan and mail-mi, going with my gut here.

1 Scum didn't want to "quick lynch" me when I was sitting at 3 votes. 1 scum is on the wagon already.

LaLight/Yuma team

Lynch Yuma, the flip will show if LaLight is lying or telling the truth.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 15, 2020, 09:11:15 am »

WCD, would you consider a yuma lynch today? Rather than lynching me

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 15, 2020, 09:15:33 am »

WCD is town.

I am deeply scarred by some of my previous losses to him, so I am more wary than not. When his name gets linked to mine over and over again, it makes me think he has to be town. I currently trust him more than Yuma, not as much as Swowl.

So you don't like my e/swowl hypothesis?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 15, 2020, 09:39:06 am »

I do not support a yuma lynch and promise to use my governor power on him if y'all lynch him

Looking back at everything, I think in terms of scumminess of posts (I might put in some effort to go back and quote stuff to clarify this), that for me it goes, e -> didds -> lalight -> swowl

But I don't think that e/didds or e/lalight are likely pairings based on the interactions

So I'll keep plugging away at figuring this out
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 15, 2020, 09:46:29 am »

yes, lynching yuma is bad. I feel like 2.7 is grasping at straws

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 15, 2020, 09:51:56 am »

WCD is town.

So you don't like my e/swowl hypothesis?

I do not hate it, as hypotheses go. If e is scum, then I think its's either swowl or yuma.  I know that I have a blind spot for swowl, but I am also aware that yuma hasn't been as present as he'd like to be but perhaps that changes if we get scum today and have to win it together tomorrow.  e pushing yuma makes yuma look townier to me.

if the scum team is LL/yuma, then I just suck at this game and deserve to lose

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 15, 2020, 10:43:44 am »

yes, lynching yuma is bad. I feel like 2.7 is grasping at straws

I am. All my solid ideas were wrong

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 15, 2020, 11:37:03 am »

I should quit trying to convince people of things.

Here is the thing. I think lynching LaLight is pointless here, even if they are scum.

The choice is between me and Yuma/swowl/WCD

I feel like I am scummy because I have been active and trying to find scum. Which I am just really bad at doing this game at least.

I feel like the only thing this game I could have done more to help town was get myself lynched d2

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 15, 2020, 11:39:00 am »

Nah, that's no fun.

I will keep arguing and fighting for survival.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 15, 2020, 11:39:25 am »

We may lose, but it will be a glorious loss
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.