Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199324 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1900 on: May 21, 2020, 03:29:52 pm »

Partially because my thoughts evolved while I was typing.

It started with the 1v1 being maybe decent as 50-50 and something everyone was considering. While I've been on the fause train, all day, I wasn't sure if others were. But as i wrote more, I became more convinced of faust and that others would see the logic in my arguments.

So basically, I'd like us to get the scum jailkeeper out of the way, but we only have 50/50. Meanwhile, I'd say faust, in my book is more like 90%, so why not get him out of the way today, while we try to learn more about the 1v1 (which I did say in that post).

It is true I've pushed the 1v1 every day. And I stand by that. There is a difference though. Early on, I think it's safe to assume town outnumbered scum significantly, so the 1v1 made complete sense. We trade one scum for one town. (and if it were wrong, we at least learn a lot about the setup). Now however, late in the game, the 1v1 at 50-50 is scum friendly. We still need to do it sooner or later, but if we can learn anything more before it, I'm happy to delay it one day.

And on the earlier days, you'll notice I stayed on the 1v1 until it was clear it was going nowhere. I disagree with "not very hard".

And you list skip again, though he had the codebook?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: May 21, 2020, 03:31:07 pm »

OK, also faust has me high on his list, but I mean why would I hammer yesterday, when I did? Why not at least wait to see if something would change and, if looking for town cred, hammer later?
If this is all the defense you can muster, then it doesn't look great for you.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: May 21, 2020, 03:32:17 pm »

scola, do you seriously think mail-mi/skip is 50/50, i.e. they have the same chance to be scum?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: May 21, 2020, 03:32:57 pm »

Partially because my thoughts evolved while I was typing.

It started with the 1v1 being maybe decent as 50-50 and something everyone was considering. While I've been on the fause train, all day, I wasn't sure if others were. But as i wrote more, I became more convinced of faust and that others would see the logic in my arguments.

So basically, I'd like us to get the scum jailkeeper out of the way, but we only have 50/50. Meanwhile, I'd say faust, in my book is more like 90%, so why not get him out of the way today, while we try to learn more about the 1v1 (which I did say in that post).

It is true I've pushed the 1v1 every day. And I stand by that. There is a difference though. Early on, I think it's safe to assume town outnumbered scum significantly, so the 1v1 made complete sense. We trade one scum for one town. (and if it were wrong, we at least learn a lot about the setup). Now however, late in the game, the 1v1 at 50-50 is scum friendly. We still need to do it sooner or later, but if we can learn anything more before it, I'm happy to delay it one day.

And on the earlier days, you'll notice I stayed on the 1v1 until it was clear it was going nowhere. I disagree with "not very hard".

And you list skip again, though he had the codebook?

I'll have to do a reread to confirm what you're saying here.

I'm conflicted on skip. I mean, there has to be a scum sailor, and I know it's not me, and so it's either skip or someone who has been lying. And I'm flipping back and forth on those options right now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: May 21, 2020, 03:38:42 pm »

OK, also faust has me high on his list, but I mean why would I hammer yesterday, when I did? Why not at least wait to see if something would change and, if looking for town cred, hammer later?
If this is all the defense you can muster, then it doesn't look great for you.

Well, that's not all in my defense. I didn't realize I was on trial. My point there was that I think both sudgy and I had similar town cred from yesterday, yet everyone is saying sudgy was super towny, and suspiciously people are considering me here.

I think my actions yesterday don't make sense of I'm scum. I think my pushing 1v1 on D1 and D2 and D3 (I forget how vocal I was on D3) point to my town cred.

I think all your suspicion of me points to you being scummy. Sudgy was on to you, so you had him NKed.

scola, do you seriously think mail-mi/skip is 50/50, i.e. they have the same chance to be scum?

Yes. Because I really can't figure it out. I thought it was skip. It was not 50-50 for me. But then it was pointed out tha he had the codebook. SO then I reverted back.

That's why I've been wanting to do the reread that I (also) haven't gotten around to, to get a feel for one vs the other.

I could be convinced to go back to the 1v1 if I could get away from 50-50.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: May 21, 2020, 03:43:01 pm »

And I also think there's more to the owl than what you and joth are telling us. The owl is the key.

I mean, there a Treasure Hunter, an apprentice Treasure Hunter, and people can be converted to be treasure hunters.

And you made no effort to share those items with anyone - to spread information. And joth worked to get you them.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: May 21, 2020, 03:49:56 pm »

And you made no effort to share those items with anyone - to spread information. And joth worked to get you them.
Yeah I was trying to not give people a non-town win condition. That is in town's interest last time I checked.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1907 on: May 21, 2020, 03:52:56 pm »

A few quotes from yesterday (mostly from sudgy):

huh, I was typing something else, actually hoping to hold off on joth vote (waiting for eevee clarification).

But that's sounds like a confession, eh? Luckily, I'm awake and joseph's not.

Vote: joth

Also, note that this makes scola and me basically confirmed town, because we could have unvoted and hoped Joseph would join us as scum if what Joth says is true.

Yesterday:
Oh fudge. Standby.
Does this mean faust does indeed have the notebook?
I do. It appears that joth was indeed telling the truth.

Today (and trying to add suspicion to Joseph):
Seems Joseph is a cult of some sort?
I have doubts. Let's wait for faust.

Whom did you investigate last night?
It's a reflection of the other win condition. I would also flip with both town and Treasure Hunter.

Also, Treasure Hunters are not Survivors. They end the game and win alone when they get all the pieces.

I don't buy your explanation of why you waited to say something.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: May 21, 2020, 03:53:09 pm »

I'm assuming faust is scum pawnbroker, mail-mi/skip are the town/scum sailors, and ADK is the scum graverobber.

I'm sold. Skip/Faust/adk. I've been scumreading ADK since day2.

What happened to this?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: May 21, 2020, 03:57:17 pm »

Oh fudge. Standby.
Does this mean faust does indeed have the notebook?
I do. It appears that joth was indeed telling the truth.

There's this. ^^^ for faust.

Also, in case we were doubting joseph, joth is seemingly confirming him as not scum, too.
Well he was. I could give you the things to confirm, but you'd have to give one away before that, so I think they need to go to someone else.

Or you could have said here that you thought it was pro town to not give away. Something doesn't add up.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: May 21, 2020, 03:58:35 pm »

Also what do you think about lynching faust?
Don't think this is aimed at me, but I'm pro faust lynch
Seems too convenient that they had an owl piece and it happened to disappear. Think faust just gave it to scum buddy joth
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: May 21, 2020, 04:04:36 pm »

I mean I had an own piece too and gave it to joth*. But I was upfront about it.

* this was N1, I had to give it away, and I did not suspect him. I did suspect Joseph wanted it, but didn't know his reasons.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: May 21, 2020, 04:11:57 pm »

scolacounta:

Skip wooznum (1 0): mail-mi
Joseph2302 (1): A Drowned Kernel
faust (1 2): Joseph2302, scolapasta
mail-mi (2 1): Eevee, faust
Not voting (2 3): skip wooznum, scolapasta, mail-mi, faust

Changes in bold and strikethrough

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: May 21, 2020, 05:07:08 pm »

I'm assuming faust is scum pawnbroker, mail-mi/skip are the town/scum sailors, and ADK is the scum graverobber.

I'm sold. Skip/Faust/adk. I've been scumreading ADK since day2.

What happened to this?

I've been reevaluating my thoughts, and you are seeming scummier. Again, I need to do a reread.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: May 21, 2020, 05:20:01 pm »

scola, I would ask you to unvote, if you are town, then you are opening up the option of a quickhammer.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: May 21, 2020, 05:29:47 pm »

unvote

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: May 21, 2020, 05:30:54 pm »

I unvoted, briefly.

I mean, I think you're scum. So am ready to vote again.

My question is, what are we waiting for?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: May 21, 2020, 05:32:29 pm »

i.e. if two others who I think are town are willing to vote for you, I'm ready to vote back in.

But I'm waiting to unvote while I wait for my answer from Gloobie / others to chime in.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: May 21, 2020, 06:07:33 pm »

I'm confused.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: May 21, 2020, 06:08:15 pm »

@scola, how many baddies are alive, do you think?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: May 21, 2020, 06:12:15 pm »

I'm surprised at how little we are talking about mail-mi/skip. Unless someone has some information they haven't divulged yet - since we know one of them has to be scum, surely figuring out which one should be our top priority? I don't think there's a third sailor somewhere, there aren't that many people left.
@eevee, why would scum!mail-mi out himself by using the rope? It doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm not sure why you don't consider this an issue

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: May 21, 2020, 06:21:47 pm »

@adk, are you still feeling disheartened about this game? We haven't heard much from you today. I don't really get what's disheartening honestly.

I'll admit that at the start of day 4, we were in pretty bad shape. I definitely felt discouraged, like the game was already lost and I didn't really know what to do. But then eevee came in with this awesome claim, which went like, a crazy long way towards solving the game, and I feel like we're totally in it at this point. I mean, maybe the rest of you disagree, but this for me is like the perfect situation for a mafia game. Day 5, tons of teeny tiny pieces of information, trying to piece everything together to decide who most likely are the bad guys, but it's really hard cuz there's so much you have to keep in your head at once. This is like, the reason to sign up for a mafia game, the most fun situation a mafia game can generate.

So I'm a little befuddled by your lack of engagement right now. Talk to us. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: May 21, 2020, 06:30:31 pm »

Maybe scum is worried about my investigative powers? I admit it's odd, but I think there being a third sailor is also unlikely.

100% agree that this is the best part of the game!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: May 21, 2020, 06:46:34 pm »

@scola, how many baddies are alive, do you think?

I had thought 3. But I now think joth was just bluffing to make us think there were that many. (there's also a small part of me that wonders if that was trying to make us not suspect Joseph, but I'm not really sure I see a plausible way he's scum and not 3rd party like he says)

So then maybe just 2? faust and the scum!sailor?

So what do people think about who was able to steal? i.e. I don't think joth could N1, since he flipped goon.

A newbie question: what does Loud mean? I read up and thought it said you knew who performed an action on you. But if that were it, then Joseph or eevee would know who tied them up. So it can't be that. Does it just mean that they know they got tied up.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: May 21, 2020, 06:51:42 pm »

@adk, are you still feeling disheartened about this game? We haven't heard much from you today. I don't really get what's disheartening honestly.

I'll admit that at the start of day 4, we were in pretty bad shape. I definitely felt discouraged, like the game was already lost and I didn't really know what to do. But then eevee came in with this awesome claim, which went like, a crazy long way towards solving the game, and I feel like we're totally in it at this point. I mean, maybe the rest of you disagree, but this for me is like the perfect situation for a mafia game. Day 5, tons of teeny tiny pieces of information, trying to piece everything together to decide who most likely are the bad guys, but it's really hard cuz there's so much you have to keep in your head at once. This is like, the reason to sign up for a mafia game, the most fun situation a mafia game can generate.

So I'm a little befuddled by your lack of engagement right now. Talk to us.

Yesterday I was disheartened. Now I think I'm just a little lost?

My apologies for not being around but I honestly get a little disengaged in this RMM games sometimes when so much of the focus is on roles and weird mechanics rather than people's play. I need to go back and review what people everyone's claimed

For now I think I'm at vote: mail-mi, which might be a little lazy but it's what I've been pushing since day one and I still think it's a good idea
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.