Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 200973 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1875 on: May 20, 2020, 03:43:03 pm »

Skip, why are you town and yams is scum?
I will say one thing, though. If I'm scum, then scum started with both the codebook and notebook, which would make vey little sense to begin with. Then, on top of that, instead of keeping this to themselves, and waiting to see what the codebook/notebook did, scum publicly outed that info to the whole thread in an extremely strange and impromptu moment during twilight of D1. So there's no way I'm scum.

That...is a good point. Gah. unvote.

I mean, there has to be a scum sailor, because someone tied up Eevee and Joseph. I know I'm town, and the codebook/notebook issue doesn't make much sense if skip is scum, so I guess there's a third Sailor?

@Eevee and Joseph, just want to confirm, the flavor said you were "Tied up with a rope" or something similar when you were blocked, right?
Oui
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1876 on: May 20, 2020, 03:50:20 pm »

Will probably have some short posts today during work hours with some questions, some answers to asked questions.

Hoping still for a longe reread tonight.

My current order is faust > ADK > eevee. Though some aspects change each time I think about it.

@eevee can you give some more description of how your role is described? does it just say when the treasure hunter dies? Is there more to it than that?
thats all

I'm an apprentice treasure hunter. Seems it's a back up role for Joseph, I'm town until he dies and then inherit whatever powers and factions he currently is/has. I prefer playing for town.

I guess what I'm wondering is, it can't actually specify Joseph specifically, so how is it phrased? Is it something like (and I know you can't quote directly, but I can in my example) "When a treasure hunter dies, you inherit their powers and factions"?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: May 20, 2020, 04:12:47 pm »

there’s been two of many other roles, fos at anyone speculating about a third sailor
You're not really directly dealing with my problem here. Should i repeat again?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 20, 2020, 04:18:03 pm »

there’s been two of many other roles, fos at anyone speculating about a third sailor
Two of what? Technically, there are three Pawnbrokers, since Joseph apparently has that power as well.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: May 20, 2020, 04:21:08 pm »

Two of what? Technically, there are three Pawnbrokers, since Joseph apparently has that power as well.

3 claimed Pawnbrokers. Do we have any corroborating evidence that faust is a pawnbroker?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: May 20, 2020, 04:22:50 pm »

3 claimed Pawnbrokers. Do we have any corroborating evidence that faust is a pawnbroker?
mix got pawnbroked N1.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: May 20, 2020, 04:24:30 pm »

mix got pawnbroked N1.

Thanks. Like I've said D1 is one I want to reread.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: May 20, 2020, 04:44:45 pm »

mix got pawnbroked N1.

Not like D1 would contain any information on what happened N1...

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 20, 2020, 04:51:27 pm »

mix got pawnbroked N1.

Not like D1 would contain any information on what happened N1...

Good point. Workapasta is distractapasta.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: May 20, 2020, 09:59:01 pm »

Why do we think scum killed sudgy last night?
In my experience, people generally don't answer questions unless they're explicitly called out by name and requested to answer. So at this point, I've gotta assume you've generated all the response that you're ever going to.

Now's the time to expand on whatever your thought was.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1885 on: May 20, 2020, 10:29:13 pm »

Head’s up, I’m not going to be around tomorrow at all probably. So if y’all lynch somebody you’ll have to wait.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: May 21, 2020, 12:18:51 pm »

Will probably have some short posts today during work hours with some questions, some answers to asked questions.

Hoping still for a longe reread tonight.

My current order is faust > ADK > eevee. Though some aspects change each time I think about it.

@eevee can you give some more description of how your role is described? does it just say when the treasure hunter dies? Is there more to it than that?
I'm a town aligned apprentice treasure hunter, however if the treasure hunter dies, I will inherit their powers and win condition (unless it would make it impossible for me to win). I was tols nothing more, and all the info I've received about treasure hunters have come from joseph in this thread and joths flip.

Hey I also know the length of the rope, if that would that clear that I started with it for the people doubting that.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 21, 2020, 12:19:59 pm »

Why do we think scum killed sudgy last night?
In my experience, people generally don't answer questions unless they're explicitly called out by name and requested to answer. So at this point, I've gotta assume you've generated all the response that you're ever going to.

Now's the time to expand on whatever your thought was.
I also beliebe he just came off looking towny yesterday, spearheading us to joth lynch and seemingly trying to solve the game for town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: May 21, 2020, 12:23:01 pm »

I'm surprised at how little we are talking about mail-mi/skip. Unless someone has some information they haven't divulged yet - since we know one of them has to be scum, surely figuring out which one should be our top priority? I don't think there's a third sailor somewhere, there aren't that many people left.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 21, 2020, 12:27:13 pm »

I will inherit their powers and win condition (unless it would make it impossible for me to win). I was tols nothing more, and all the info I've received about treasure hunters have come from joseph in this thread and joths flip.

Wait uh... this is pretty relevant. Can you find out any more about which circumstances would make it impossible for you to win? Like, if Joseph dies with a piece of the bird on them, and there are no more Graverobber, would you stay town? And what if there are only scum Graverobbers?

I know that you probably cannot ask that specifically, but maybe you can try some more general questions.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: May 21, 2020, 12:28:26 pm »

I'm surprised at how little we are talking about mail-mi/skip. Unless someone has some information they haven't divulged yet - since we know one of them has to be scum, surely figuring out which one should be our top priority? I don't think there's a third sailor somewhere, there aren't that many people left.
Uh if we don't think about a third Sailor then it shouldn't even be a question that we lynch mail-mi. The only reason to stop and think is a third Sailor.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: May 21, 2020, 12:46:14 pm »

OK, still on reread, but time to post some thoughts based on the questions I've asked:

1st. Agreed sudgy was towny, I do think I was as well, so why choose him or me, or over the probably town!sailor or town!PR? I guess maybe getting rid of towny makes sense, but (and here's where my experience might come in), I could also see wanting to get rid of roles that could hurt you. That said the ropeless sailor might not be that dangerous (and a good candidate for them to direct a mislynch) but getting rid of eevee could be useful to them. (on the assumption that eevee is town).

But they preferred a GT instead, and sudgy over me. Why? Get rid of him and try to ignore everything he said there at the end. (i.e. no one has brought up what we think of his assertion of faust and ADK as scum)

I agree we just still probably decide between mail-mi and skip*. Though the challenge with that is that's it's 50-50. But maybe at this point 50-50 is our best shot? I had been thinking leaning more towards skip, but the scum starting with both codebook / notebook is a con against that. I do have a question out to Gloobie about that, but don't expect an answer today, since he said he'd be busy.

* i've been wanting this 1v1 since Day 1, but never was able to get traction any day, so would invariably switch to something else, unfortunately always incorrectly.

The part I'm trying to wrap my head around is eevee's  role (and what I've been asking those questions):

I'm a town aligned apprentice treasure hunter, however if the treasure hunter dies, I will inherit their powers and win condition (unless it would make it impossible for me to win). I was tols nothing more, and all the info I've received about treasure hunters have come from joseph in this thread and joths flip.

Hey I also know the length of the rope, if that would that clear that I started with it for the people doubting that.

"If the treasure hunter dies" - the thing is, there's more than one treasure hunter. Not at the start of the game, sure, but joth flipped as converted treasure hunter. If that's true, then wouldn't eevee now be scum? It is a big difference between "a" and "the".

Then there's joth's gambit, of Joseph join us. That would only work if there were 4 scum yesterday. But if so, there would be 3 now just need one town to vote for a town and the rest could pile on and win the game. And there have been many different votes today.

I think the key is understanding the owl. And faust has the opportunity to pass on either notebook or codebook to someone and kept it to himself. And the way to pass to a GT is to pass to someone else first, then both pass to GT on same night; faust is an experienced player to have seen that option.

So one of mail-mi / skip (but which). faust. and then is there a 3rd? is eevee now scum? All that is were I'm at.

So while I would be ok with one of the sailors @ 50/50, I think faust is more guaranteed tonight. And maybe we cna somehow get something more about the sailors in the meanwhile.

vote: faust

OK, also faust has me high on his list, but I mean why would I hammer yesterday, when I did? Why not at least wait to see if something would change and, if looking for town cred, hammer later?

While I honestly don't see how you'd think I'm scum, even if there's some doubt, how I',m the most likely scum? That's just faust trying to get rid of another GT.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: May 21, 2020, 01:07:05 pm »

I believe I would be told if my alignment changed.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: May 21, 2020, 01:18:53 pm »

Another reason for considering faust:

He's now a Treasure Hunter, due to reading notebook / codebook (at least that's how I read joth's conversion). What if becoming a Treasure Hunter gives you the power to steal? Well joth gave the items (via Mix) to him.

AND, I think we may need to reevalute the early day thefts. in other words, joth was only a mafia goon until he got the items which was only as of N3. So he wouldn't have been the thief. Right?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: May 21, 2020, 01:55:33 pm »

I believe I would be told if my alignment changed.

Based on the way you read your role, do you think you should have changed alignment?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: May 21, 2020, 02:16:09 pm »

No. I understand my role as me being a backup to Joseph specifically. Didn't know it was Joseph before he claimed, obviously.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: May 21, 2020, 02:17:18 pm »

. That's my post for the day
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: May 21, 2020, 02:45:51 pm »

No. I understand my role as me being a backup to Joseph specifically. Didn't know it was Joseph before he claimed, obviously.

Why do you read it that way? I mean what makes Joseph's Treasure Hunter different from joth's (other than the conversion part).

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: May 21, 2020, 02:47:00 pm »

Also what do you think about lynching faust?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: May 21, 2020, 03:07:36 pm »

I agree we just still probably decide between mail-mi and skip*.

How did you go from this...

vote: faust

...to this?

Scola has been "pushing" the 1v1 every day, but not very hard and ends up turning away from it, since it's a 50-50 with one of his partners. I need to to a reread of scola (I know, I've been making promises and never keeping them) but I think outside of skip he's our best choice.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 16 queries.