Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199263 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1450 on: May 11, 2020, 01:52:31 pm »

That's what I'm doing.

I like how I'm most town. I feel like I've worked for that, and I like that I'm being rewarded for my effort.

Scola, did you give anything N2? Did you recieve anything N1?

Oh, whoops that was supposed to say "MiX?". as in maybe you're the most town? But not as definitive as without the ?.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 11, 2020, 01:57:37 pm »

I have been item less since after N1.

Also, this is why I don't trust the anyone can win with the three pieces of the owl. I mean I started with a piece, how am I supposed to collect the other 2, if I have to give it away?

That said, not sure why joth would mislead on that.

This is incredibly boring and I highly doubt you're town in this situation.

Do we lynch scola or LL first? I can't decide.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 11, 2020, 01:59:48 pm »

That I'm town in what situation?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 11, 2020, 02:01:22 pm »

That I'm town in what situation?

In the "I started with 1 piece of an item that is essentially only good for third-party and I need nothing else" situation.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 11, 2020, 02:08:07 pm »

OK. I agree that is boring. Read all the above I've posted.

And you're asserting I'm scum, because that's too boring.

Well, not much I can do about that. Except point out that the very setup describes this role, the generous towny. So we know boring roles like mine exist. Would it be less boring if it started out with a different item? I still would've had to give it away.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: May 11, 2020, 02:09:30 pm »

Well, not much I can do about that. Except point out that the very setup describes this role, the generous towny. So we know boring roles like mine exist. Would it be less boring if it started out with a different item? I still would've had to give it away.

Yes.

I'm fairly sure you're scum because I'm infinitely more powerful than you, and that's super boring for you if you're actually town.

Rest-of-town: what do you think?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 11, 2020, 02:15:29 pm »

@faust, are you also talking about an owl piece too?
Dunno if it's an owl, I just know it's for some kind of bird. It got stolen from me last night. MiX was the only person who knew I had it.

How did you not know it was for an owl? What DID you know?

Whoever doesn't want me to make 1 post per quote+question, just say so.
As stated, I know that it was made of Copper, and that it belonged to a bird. I suppose I am not ornithologist enough to deduce what bird based on the piece of the bird I had.

That's strange, because mine said that it was part of an owl.

Anyway, I'll take a close look at this tonight and figure everything out about the claims.

Also, this is why I don't trust the anyone can win with the three pieces of the owl. I mean I started with a piece, how am I supposed to collect the other 2, if I have to give it away?

I think everybody else (that is not a generous townie) are not required to give away items.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 11, 2020, 02:17:17 pm »

Yes.

I'm fairly sure you're scum because I'm infinitely more powerful than you, and that's super boring for you if you're actually town.

I know you won't listen to me because you think I'm scum, but scola's situation is exactly mine.  I guess I will claim now, I'm a generous townie, and started with an owl piece.  His situation is identical to mine.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 11, 2020, 02:25:08 pm »

That's strange, because mine said that it was part of an owl.

Sure, but if you had the head, it would make sense you would know it was an Owl. Without the head, it was just a bird to me (and I assume faust).

I think everybody else (that is not a generous townie) are not required to give away items.

I did ask that question a few times, no one confirmed either way, but it does seem like it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 11, 2020, 02:28:00 pm »

Okay ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Am I the only person with my mechanic in the game?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 11, 2020, 02:28:38 pm »

Yes.

I know you won't listen to me because you think I'm scum, but scola's situation is exactly mine.  I guess I will claim now, I'm a generous townie, and started with an owl piece.  His situation is identical to mine.

I mean I get MiX's opinion that this is boring (and agree), but again, it says it right in the set up. Some of us will be generous townies with no other power:

You are a Generous Townie. You have no special powers. Your weapon is your vote. At night, if you have at least one item, you must give at least one item to another player (unless this is overwritten by the item description.)

I mean once we know this exists, how do you make it less boring?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 11, 2020, 02:30:34 pm »

Sigh, I guess this push was anti-town, I'm sorry.

It feels like there's no actual PRs, or maybe scum just killed them all and we're screwed.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 11, 2020, 02:42:47 pm »

Everyone but Joseph has claimed to start with exactly 1 item. This seems to make sense. For me it clears the chance he's scum, although I'm fairly sure there's more items than what have been claimed.

For example, I can't find what Didds wanted. Maybe Swan had it?
Okay clarification needed: I started with 1 item, but it's not useful to me
Or anyone else based on what people have said

Do you still have it?
Yes
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 11, 2020, 02:50:25 pm »

So, I still wonder if the the baseball cap makes someone an IC. (I'm just imaging a little kid with a cap). Maybe it would only do that for generous townies? (clearly it can't for everyone).

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 11, 2020, 03:00:19 pm »

It feels like there's no actual PRs, or maybe scum just killed them all and we're screwed.

Maybe the people with PRs just don't want to claim them? At this point it almost feels like we should mass fullclaim. I mean, we nearly have.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 11, 2020, 03:01:11 pm »

Maybe the people with PRs just don't want to claim them? At this point it almost feels like we should mass fullclaim. I mean, we nearly have.

We'll do that tomorrow, it's fine.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 11, 2020, 03:08:54 pm »

So, I still wonder if the the baseball cap makes someone an IC. (I'm just imaging a little kid with a cap). Maybe it would only do that for generous townies? (clearly it can't for everyone).

It didn't say that in the description. And I don't know how that would work, if the generous townies could give each other the baseball cap and create a bunch of ICs... Seems imbalanced.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 11, 2020, 03:14:05 pm »

This is a lie; I gave the magnifying glass to scola night one

vote: scola
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 11, 2020, 03:14:59 pm »

Ho boy.

I think scum enters the 1v1 willingly if they think there's 4 scum (they either know or suspect there's a traitor)

Interesting.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 11, 2020, 03:17:54 pm »

mail-mi VS skip

faust VS LaLight

ADK VS scola

Does that make sudgy town? I don't wanna believe that...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: May 11, 2020, 03:18:12 pm »

Oh interesting.

I think in this situation scola comes out as scummier.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: May 11, 2020, 03:18:53 pm »

mail-mi VS skip

faust VS LaLight

ADK VS scola

Does that make sudgy town? I don't wanna believe that...

The only nigh-garunteed 1v1 we have here is ADK and scola. There could easily be two town sailors or two town pawnbrokers, I think.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 11, 2020, 03:24:49 pm »

It didn't say that in the description. And I don't know how that would work, if the generous townies could give each other the baseball cap and create a bunch of ICs... Seems imbalanced.

I mean, it's got to do something, no? And if only 2 generous townies, at most two ICs.

Though, I now have another idea of what it could do -  could there be a some kind of Master of Disguise role?

PPE: huh, interesting. I'll still post this, but will clearly respond to other posts!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: May 11, 2020, 03:30:04 pm »

OK, ADK is scum. I received nothing.

And everyone else who tried giving an item but was intercepted was told that it was intercepted. (right?)

I do agree with MiX that scum might be willing to enter a 1v1 based on #s here. But one way to help prove my innocence would be for other generous townies to claim. I mean, how many can there be?

Also, ADK, why give it to me? I didn't claim any needed item. DatSwan at least had a telescope in his list, and that may have been a roundabout way of hinting at a magnifying glass. Did you not trust them (like I didn't Joseph). But then why me?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 11, 2020, 03:33:46 pm »

@ADK: Did you receive confirmation that you successfully gave away the item?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.