Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199300 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #925 on: May 04, 2020, 12:23:32 pm »

This makes me believe that Didds is town too, stealing items seeming like a scum power. Could be different scum factions of course, so not definitive but pretty strong evidence.
Well Didds could easily be lying, so "strong evidence" seems like a bit of a stretch, it's just Didds' word that something vaguely towny happened to her.
Not the type of lie I think they'd make, and the way they worded it makes me believe they at least new the way Glooble would word the action. I'd say I'm 80-90% certain that Didds isn't lying about having been swiped mid-give.
I'm tending to agree with this too
If it is a fake claim, we can always revisit it later, but for today doesn't seem like a good lynch option
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 04, 2020, 12:37:15 pm »

I'm very self-centered.

MiX is probably the most interesting player in the panic lynch because he was so sure Awaclus was town and so against it. Theoretically, it should give him town points but I'm never that sure as town.

Honorable mention goes to MiX, whose vehement opposition to the wagon reads slightly  scummy in retrospect.

This is a non-read. I'm flattered that you're forced to talk about me without having anything to say, but what's your take?

Also I see a lack of a vote after such an analysis, Who is scummiest?

Galzria, who I'm already voting for. Convenient.

Are you saying you don't want to Lynch in mail-mi/skip today? Because earlier you expressed a willingness to vote for skip
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 04, 2020, 12:38:25 pm »

I'm very self-centered.

MiX is probably the most interesting player in the panic lynch because he was so sure Awaclus was town and so against it. Theoretically, it should give him town points but I'm never that sure as town.

Honorable mention goes to MiX, whose vehement opposition to the wagon reads slightly  scummy in retrospect.

This is a non-read. I'm flattered that you're forced to talk about me without having anything to say, but what's your take?

Are you saying you don't want to Lynch in mail-mi/skip today? Because earlier you expressed a willingness to vote for skip

Where did you get that from?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 04, 2020, 01:21:36 pm »

To answer other MiX questions: I still think you're townie, but your certainty around the badness of the Awaclus wagon reads scummy. Less so because it's you and you often act sure about things when you aren't, I've learned.

Yes, I started with another item as well. Not likely to answer questions about what it was or whether I still have it. Suffice it to say it's unrelated to the codebook/notebook situation.

I wasn't told explicitly that I needed anything. I assume skip wasn't either. During the end of the day panic, when skip revealed the existence of the notebook, I figured it wouldn't hurt to outright ask him for it. Also, I think skip only claimed to have the notebook because he was behind on reading the thread and thought he was the one who'd been lynched. But you'd have to ask him.

How did you know you needed the notebook then?

Having a hard time answering this question any more explicitly than I have without veering too close to PM quoting. I didn't know I needed a notebook. I surmised that there was probably some item out there written in code, based on the existence of a codebook. When skip claimed to have a notebook written in code, I figured that was the item. You'll notice that I don't say "notebook" in my breadcrumb I just say "secret code".
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 04, 2020, 01:22:55 pm »

I'm very self-centered.

I don't think it's our best chance of hitting scum. I'm not totally opposed to a skip lynch, but I think we can do better.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: May 04, 2020, 01:26:00 pm »

skip, did you have any indication that if you had the codebook, you would have been able to decipher the notebook?
Until the start of day 2, I assumed I could not read the notebook. There was no mention of a codebook in my qt. Even when joth mentioned a codebook at the end of day 1, I sort of assumed that was a static part of his role, not an item he could give away.

Still catching up on the rest of the thread.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 04, 2020, 01:29:39 pm »

I still townread skip, so I would rather not lynch there.  I could still lynch mail-mi, but am less sure about it that I was yesterday before he claimed.  Of course, I would rather lynch Galzria.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 04, 2020, 01:32:23 pm »

Galzria is on my list (though I still prefer skip some).

But let's see if this goes anywhere.

Vote: Galzria
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 04, 2020, 01:41:26 pm »

I haven't claimed my role, and I don't believe faust has either. Have I somehow skipped a page, or what are you talking about?  ;D
I think he's confusing you with LaLight. And I have claimed my role by the way.
Are you referring to where you said you have the same role as LaLight? Has faust or LaLight claimed anything further? I missed it.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 04, 2020, 01:44:41 pm »

skip, did you have any indication that if you had the codebook, you would have been able to decipher the notebook?
Until the start of day 2, I assumed I could not read the notebook. There was no mention of a codebook in my qt. Even when joth mentioned a codebook at the end of day 1, I sort of assumed that was a static part of his role, not an item he could give away.

Still catching up on the rest of the thread.
Looking back at eod, I see that joth didn't mention a codebook at all at that time. He just said he needed a something written in code. So I had no idea there was a codebook at all.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #935 on: May 04, 2020, 01:49:06 pm »

"Some how I get the feeling you're not here for a nice vacation," I said, looking up from my booth.
"Somehow I get the same feeling about you," said Natalia. She took a long drag on her cigarette.
"Hey, no smoking in here!" said Jimmy from behind the counter. Or least I assume it was Jimmy. For all I know it was just some fry cook. Or a member of the Russian mob. Or the normal mob. In this town, who could say?
"But it's for am-bee-once, Jimmy," said Natalia, intentionally mispronouncing the French word. "Don't you care at all about the am-bee-once?"
God, Natalia had always hated the French. Ever since that night in Paris...
But no, I couldn't afford to get lost on memory lane. I had a mystery to solve. And time wasn't on my side.
Also, that was Jimmy. I made a mental note.

Vote count 2.3:

mail-mi (3): A Drowned Kernel, LaLight, faust
Galzria (4): sudgy, jotheonah, MiX, scolapasta
LaLight (1): Joseph2302
Not voting (5): mail-mi, Galzria, skip wooznum, WestCoastDidds, Eevee

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 will end at 2 pm ET on Wednesday, May 6th.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 02:11:16 pm by Glooble »

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 04, 2020, 02:00:38 pm »

I don't really see galz as scum unless mail-mi is scum. Truth is, I can't really see anybody as scum if mail-mi is town. Maybe joth? Maybe maybe faust? What's giving me pause is that mail-mi got thieved last night, suggesting he's town. But that could be a setup. If it's a lie, eevee would have to be in on it. And it wouldn't make any sense for scum!eevee to have the rope, as that would make me a totally useless as a pr.  And if eevee was lying about having the rope at all, someone would counter. But a setup (by that I mean that scum team targeted scum!mail-mi to give him towncred) also seems a little extraordinary. Adk suggested a town!thief, but that seems mostly negative utility, so I doubt it exists.

This is where my head is at. If it's a bit confusing, it's because I'm confused.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 04, 2020, 02:32:49 pm »

okay, i am uncertain about mail-mi/skip situation, but i am certain about vote: faust with Joseph being the second one.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 04, 2020, 02:35:25 pm »

here's what I think.

i am a pawnbroker, I can offer people a trade of items I have and they have. i think it's not really the case of two town pawnbrokers and I think faust is scum one. he is a bot afraid of going 1v1 with me, so he's withholding and said something ambiguous like "i'm not done with you" (sorry quoting hard)

also Joseph, who knows faust's role decided to vote for me for no other reason than 1v1. I also think faust would disapprove his vote. so here goes. let's lynch either of them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 04, 2020, 02:35:44 pm »

or lynch me if you so please, but then lynch these two.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 04, 2020, 02:39:49 pm »

here's what I think.

i am a pawnbroker, I can offer people a trade of items I have and they have. i think it's not really the case of two town pawnbrokers and I think faust is scum one. he is a bot afraid of going 1v1 with me, so he's withholding and said something ambiguous like "i'm not done with you" (sorry quoting hard)

also Joseph, who knows faust's role decided to vote for me for no other reason than 1v1. I also think faust would disapprove his vote. so here goes. let's lynch either of them

or lynch me if you so please, but then lynch these two.

Can you say why you think Joseph is scum in more detail? It feels like confirmation bias to me.

I don't really see galz as scum unless mail-mi is scum. Truth is, I can't really see anybody as scum if mail-mi is town. Maybe joth? Maybe maybe faust? What's giving me pause is that mail-mi got thieved last night, suggesting he's town. But that could be a setup. If it's a lie, eevee would have to be in on it. And it wouldn't make any sense for scum!eevee to have the rope, as that would make me a totally useless as a pr.  And if eevee was lying about having the rope at all, someone would counter. But a setup (by that I mean that scum team targeted scum!mail-mi to give him towncred) also seems a little extraordinary. Adk suggested a town!thief, but that seems mostly negative utility, so I doubt it exists.

This is where my head is at. If it's a bit confusing, it's because I'm confused.

That seems to be about the same as my thought process, except I don't understand the bold.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 04, 2020, 02:47:59 pm »

here's what I think.

This is a setup design question. You can make a setup by carefully designing everything through. In which case, it may not make a lot of sense to have 2 town pawnbrokers. Or you can have a setup idea of "let's have a bunch of double roles" and then determining randomly which of these pairs has scum in it. I don't really know what Glooble would do. But it's dubious to place so much weight in it, now that we know there are multiple double roles.

If I was afraid of going 1v1 against you, I would not have claimed.

Why did you use your role by the way, rather than giving away your item?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 04, 2020, 02:50:25 pm »

I thought Eevee was robbed? Couldn't Eevee just have been robbed and just happen to have the rope? Was it public knowledge that Eevee had the rope and intended to give it to mail-mi?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 04, 2020, 02:52:01 pm »

I thought Eevee was robbed? Couldn't Eevee just have been robbed and just happen to have the rope? Was it public knowledge that Eevee had the rope and intended to give it to mail-mi?

What part of Eevee being robbed makes what skip said not true?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 04, 2020, 02:53:52 pm »

What part of Eevee being robbed makes what skip said not true?
If there was an action targeting Eevee, it in no way indicates that mail-mi is town.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: May 04, 2020, 02:54:18 pm »

here's what I think.

This is a setup design question. You can make a setup by carefully designing everything through. In which case, it may not make a lot of sense to have 2 town pawnbrokers. Or you can have a setup idea of "let's have a bunch of double roles" and then determining randomly which of these pairs has scum in it. I don't really know what Glooble would do. But it's dubious to place so much weight in it, now that we know there are multiple double roles.

If I was afraid of going 1v1 against you, I would not have claimed.

Why did you use your role by the way, rather than giving away your item?

1) I was not 100% sure wcd needed my item exactly
2) I didn't want to be useless after this

as for setup speculation, our roles are unusual from the other roles and i think you know why. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to have two towns like that and i am willing to risk it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 04, 2020, 02:59:24 pm »

as for setup speculation, our roles are unusual from the other roles and i think you know why. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to have two towns like that and i am willing to risk it.
I don't really know what you mean. Being a pawnbroker seems a pretty crappy power for scum to have anyways. I personally would rather eliminate the scum Jailkeeper.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 04, 2020, 03:14:34 pm »

What exactly does a pawnbroker do?

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 04, 2020, 03:16:48 pm »

What exactly does a pawnbroker do?

Instead of giving an item, they offer it for a trade: the recieving person has to give an item in return to receive it, but they can decline.

In other words, it's anti-town pro-them.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 04, 2020, 03:44:40 pm »

I didn't tell about having the rope yesterday.

My flavor implies the rope was stolen from me before I reached mail-mi, but I'm not certain that was the case.

Vote: faust
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 16 queries.