Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199294 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #475 on: April 28, 2020, 02:02:31 pm »

@mail-mi, when I revealed that I needed any item on somebody's list, you didn't acknowledge my post at all. Did you not think it was 1v1 then?

I mean, I figured either it was someone else's list, or it was mine, and there wasn't anything I could do about it then. I didn't know you could use rope as well.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 28, 2020, 02:06:49 pm »

@mail-mi, when I revealed that I needed any item on somebody's list, you didn't acknowledge my post at all. Did you not think it was 1v1 then?

I mean, I figured either it was someone else's list, or it was mine, and there wasn't anything I could do about it then. I didn't know you could use rope as well.
You could have said "whoa, that sounds like it's probably a 1v1. Tell us whose list it was so we can proceed to decide whom to lynch."

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 28, 2020, 02:08:42 pm »

You could have said "whoa, that sounds like it's probably a 1v1. Tell us whose list it was so we can proceed to decide whom to lynch."

I could have. I didn't.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 28, 2020, 02:13:28 pm »

It's almost like you knew exactly what was going to happen if mail-mi had answered and it's completely irrelevant for your read on him.

Almost as if you just wanted him to say it's a 1v1 so you can 1v1 him and after winning it say that he's the one with the idea so how can you be scum. And use the D2 smokescreen (there's going to be a D2 smokescreen, I can see the sparks from here) to escape being the lynch.

It's so close to this being planned by you in an attempt to make him less towny regardless of what he says. Wow. Could it be?

Joth, vote this guy up, he's scum. I know it.

Vote: skip

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 28, 2020, 02:16:21 pm »

That's who I was meant to be voting for, not scola

The more I read the more skip is now trying to make this a 1v1 and just accuse mail-mi of being scum
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: April 28, 2020, 02:18:51 pm »

It's almost like you knew exactly what was going to happen if mail-mi had answered and it's completely irrelevant for your read on him.

Almost as if you just wanted him to say it's a 1v1 so you can 1v1 him and after winning it say that he's the one with the idea so how can you be scum. And use the D2 smokescreen (there's going to be a D2 smokescreen, I can see the sparks from here) to escape being the lynch.

It's so close to this being planned by you in an attempt to make him less towny regardless of what he says. Wow. Could it be?

Joth, vote this guy up, he's scum. I know it.

I definitely planned my post such that scum might react differently to town. Other than that, I don't really follow you. It seems like you're blaming me for mail-mi's scummy reaction?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 28, 2020, 02:21:04 pm »

If mail-mi had said "whoa, that sounds like it's probably a 1v1. Tell us whose list it was so we can proceed to decide whom to lynch" would that influence your read on them in any way?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 28, 2020, 02:21:53 pm »

If mail-mi had said "whoa, that sounds like it's probably a 1v1. Tell us whose list it was so we can proceed to decide whom to lynch" would that influence your read on them in any way?

Another thing: at this point you """knew""" mail-mi was scum. Why do you care about what he says, if it's not about interacting with someone else to find out who his partners are?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 28, 2020, 02:25:36 pm »

To be clear, what it looks like to me happened is as follows:
My original post didn't necessarily imply that I would ever reveal whose list it was. I didn't state my opinion on whether or not this was 1v1. Scum with a bit of wishful thinking could reasonably hope that I might be talked out of any further claiming, that galzria-type arguments would prevail, and the whole thing might be forgotten. So, the best move would be to say nothing and hope for the best.

Ppe

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 28, 2020, 02:29:05 pm »

The more I read the more skip is now trying to make this a 1v1 and just accuse mail-mi of being scum

Man, people keep confusing us. At least this time we're in the same game. :)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 28, 2020, 02:29:43 pm »

Another thing: at this point you """knew""" mail-mi was scum. Why do you care about what he says, if it's not about interacting with someone else to find out who his partners are?
The answer to both these questions is really the same. I don't "know" mail-mi's scum. I didn't cop him. I'm just much more confident about him than anybody else. If I had to quantify it (which is a bit silly but whatever) I'd say about 75-80%.

I think I already expressed this somewhere. I'll find it if you want.

Ppe

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 28, 2020, 02:30:28 pm »

Ok, I've been sitting on some information and I should probably start divulging it.

The item I need has appeared in another player's list of 5.

The way I see it, there are 3 possibilities:
A)The player in question really needs a different item on their list, and totally by chance happened to put the item I need on their list.
B)The player needs the same item I need, and is town.
C)The player needs the same item I need, and is scum.

I have personal opinions on the relative likelihood of these possibilities, but I'd first like to hear from others, especially the people who have provided lists.

How scum reads this post:

"I have a guilty result

The way I see it, there's 3 possiblities:
A) Bus driver
B) Miller
C) Actual scum

I'll claim who is it after reactions"

If you think anyone can read this in any other way, then ?????????

Emojis intended since every time I remove them someone quotes it and forgets to remove them so what's the point.

PPE: You're acting like he's 100% scum based on this result only tbh.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 28, 2020, 02:31:19 pm »

Man, people keep confusing us. At least this time we're in the same game. :)

Uh. I thought skip was the one that had said this.

This is going to be a wild ride.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 28, 2020, 02:37:43 pm »

Ok, I've been sitting on some information and I should probably start divulging it.

A)The player in question really needs a different item on their list, and totally by chance happened to put the item I need on their list.

I have personal opinions on the relative likelihood of these possibilities, but I'd first like to hear from others, especially the people who have provided lists.

"I have a guilty result

A) Bus driver
B) Miller
C) Actual scum

Emojis intended since every time I remove them someone quotes it and forgets to remove them so what's the point.

I disagree that that's what my claim sounded like but I guess we won't get anywhere with that.

I mean, mail-mi's explanation is he could have but didn't. So, town!mail-mi sees a potential 1v1, which should be support exciting for town, and does absolutely nothing for no reason?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 28, 2020, 02:39:08 pm »

"I have a guilty result

A) Bus driver
B) Miller
C) Actual scum

I disagree that that's what my claim sounded like but I guess we won't get anywhere with that.

I mean, mail-mi's explanation is he could have but didn't. So, town!mail-mi sees a potential 1v1, which should be super exciting for town, and does absolutely nothing for no reason?
ebwop

Again

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 28, 2020, 02:40:08 pm »

Can you quote me reactions from other people that could be in a 1v1 with you and go over how towny/scummy their reactions are?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 28, 2020, 02:43:32 pm »

"I have a guilty result

A) Bus driver
B) Miller
C) Actual scum

I mean, mail-mi's explanation is he could have but didn't. So, town!mail-mi sees a potential 1v1, which should be support exciting for town, and does absolutely nothing for no reason?

I mean, what am I supposed to do? The information is going to come out eventually. Nothing I could or should or would have said in that time would change the outcome of the scenario.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 28, 2020, 03:06:04 pm »

Current votes (I think)

skip wooznum (5): Awaclus, mail-mi, scolapasta, Joseph, MiX
mail-mi (5): skip wooznum, LaLight, faust, WestCoastDidds, A Drowned Kernel

So 10/15 people in this town have bought into this 1v1 thing enough to place a vote. Half of them think skip is scum, half think mail-mi is. Assuming no one switches one to the other, we need three of myself, Galz, Swan, Eevee, and Sudgy to commit. Galz and Eevee don't like the 1v1. sudgy doesn't seem to either, but said he'd vote mail-mi if he had to. I've been wavering. Swan .... Swan is the one who Galz accused of lining up mislynches, but weirdly he's not on either wagon.

I like that we're neatly divided into 3 boxes. If this is a 1v1, is scum fence-sitting, bussing, or trying to get the townie lynched? I can see an  argument for any of the above.  I think rookie scum votes for the townie here, advanced scum voted for their partner early on, and galaxy brain scum does what Galz did and tries to torpedo the whole paradigm.

If this isn't a 1v1, scum is not incentivized to do much of anything here, other than to sit  around and wait for a decision to happen. They're probably split between the two  wagons, with one waiting around to drop the hammer.

So it really does seem to me that whether or not skip/mail-mi is a 1v1, there's very likely at least one scum among the uncommitted. Can I interest anyone in pivoting to a Galz lynch? Or do I need to hurry up and pick a side already?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 28, 2020, 03:07:41 pm »

"I have a guilty result

A) Bus driver
B) Miller
C) Actual scum

I mean, what am I supposed to do? The information is going to come out eventually. Nothing I could or should or would have said in that time would change the outcome of the scenario.

Skip, nobody else with a posted list reacted in the way you’re expecting town!mail-mi to have done. The fact that the item was on his list is irrelevant, no? At the time you were supposedly looking for responses, mail-mi knew just as little as everybody else.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 28, 2020, 03:08:23 pm »

What the hell is fence-sitting. Don't you dare introduce big boy words without an explanation.

PPE: Galz, that's exactly what I'm saying. Vote skip with me.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 28, 2020, 03:10:15 pm »

What the hell is fence-sitting. Don't you dare introduce big boy words without an explanation.

PPE: Galz, that's exactly what I'm saying. Vote skip with me.

Sitting on the fence. Not making a decision. Like me right now. Or sudgy.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 28, 2020, 03:10:36 pm »

Okay, real scumhunting related question: who's reading the champion practice game cayvie was in. Raise of hands please.

Raises hand

I think rookie scum votes for the townie here, advanced scum voted for their partner early on, and galaxy brain scum does what Galz did and tries to torpedo the whole paradigm.

Does that make skip and mail-mi automatically rookies?

PPE: Thanks.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 28, 2020, 03:11:15 pm »

Current votes (I think)

skip wooznum (5): Awaclus, mail-mi, scolapasta, Joseph, MiX
mail-mi (5): skip wooznum, LaLight, faust, WestCoastDidds, A Drowned Kernel

So 10/15 people in this town have bought into this 1v1 thing enough to place a vote. Half of them think skip is scum, half think mail-mi is. Assuming no one switches one to the other, we need three of myself, Galz, Swan, Eevee, and Sudgy to commit. Galz and Eevee don't like the 1v1. sudgy doesn't seem to either, but said he'd vote mail-mi if he had to. I've been wavering. Swan .... Swan is the one who Galz accused of lining up mislynches, but weirdly he's not on either wagon.

I like that we're neatly divided into 3 boxes. If this is a 1v1, is scum fence-sitting, bussing, or trying to get the townie lynched? I can see an  argument for any of the above.  I think rookie scum votes for the townie here, advanced scum voted for their partner early on, and galaxy brain scum does what Galz did and tries to torpedo the whole paradigm.

If this isn't a 1v1, scum is not incentivized to do much of anything here, other than to sit  around and wait for a decision to happen. They're probably split between the two  wagons, with one waiting around to drop the hammer.

So it really does seem to me that whether or not skip/mail-mi is a 1v1, there's very likely at least one scum among the uncommitted. Can I interest anyone in pivoting to a Galz lynch? Or do I need to hurry up and pick a side already?

I actually accused you of lining up mislynches, with Datswan supporting you and Scola being led astray by your arguments. The fact that you have been pushing and pushing and pushing this 1v1 but not taking sides yourself has NOT gone unnoticed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 28, 2020, 03:11:50 pm »

Okay, real scumhunting related question: who's reading the champion practice game cayvie was in. Raise of hands please.

Raises hand

I think rookie scum votes for the townie here, advanced scum voted for their partner early on, and galaxy brain scum does what Galz did and tries to torpedo the whole paradigm.

Does that make skip and mail-mi automatically rookies?

PPE: Thanks.

Well, if one of them is scum they have fewer options.

He/him

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 28, 2020, 03:12:35 pm »

"I have a guilty result

A) Bus driver
B) Miller
C) Actual scum

Skip, nobody else with a posted list reacted in the way you’re expecting town!mail-mi to have done. The fact that the item was on his list is irrelevant, no? At the time you were supposedly looking for responses, mail-mi knew just as little as everybody else.
Well Joseph didn't consider it a 1v1 at all so he reacted pretty normally for someone who liked option D the best.
And faust thought I was scum so he reacted pretty normally for someone who thought I was scum.

This is response to mix as well, who made the same point.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.