Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199230 times)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2020, 02:37:00 pm »

Would it be useful to claim which item I need that I listed? Perhaps I did just list his item accidentally
Yeah may as well.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2020, 02:44:58 pm »

Have we ever lynched Faust day 1 before? Let's try it vote: faust

I feel like we've moved a bit past RVS.

BM game, time to relax.

I will say I struggled with whether to make this Bastard or RMM. After the game I’ll explain my reasoning and we can all decide if I made the right call. Ultimately it came down to me thinking people would be more angry about getting a bastard game when they signed up for a normal one than visa versa.

I, for one, am treating this game seriously.

I will eventually. But for D1, i'm gonna take things a little more slowly and have some more fun.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2020, 02:45:17 pm »

Would it be useful to claim which item I need that I listed? Perhaps I did just list his item accidentally
Yeah may as well.

Cool. The item I need is a Rope.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 27, 2020, 02:46:01 pm »

Have we ever lynched Faust day 1 before? Let's try it vote: faust

I feel like we've moved a bit past RVS.

BM game, time to relax.

I will say I struggled with whether to make this Bastard or RMM. After the game I’ll explain my reasoning and we can all decide if I made the right call. Ultimately it came down to me thinking people would be more angry about getting a bastard game when they signed up for a normal one than visa versa.

I, for one, am treating this game seriously.

I agree with Glooble, we should be treating this game like a RMM gone wrong, not drunk mafia with extra roles.

DAMAs are fun and encouraged, however. At least from me, because those are always fun.

I, for one, will take the towncred for saying this already.

Yeah may as well.

Skip is scum.

Vote: skip

Yeah may as well.

Anti-town, but not your fault.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 27, 2020, 02:46:36 pm »

sudgy seems towny

mix seems scummy. especially the "yeah when you guys think i'm scum it means i'm town because as scum i'd be so awesome you wouldn't suspect me" rubs me the wrong way

joth seems maybe more scummy than towny, but i wouldn't want to lynch anyone who puts effort into reacting their wagon like that day 1

mail-mi seems towny

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 27, 2020, 02:47:56 pm »

sudgy seems towny

mix seems scummy. especially the "yeah when you guys think i'm scum it means i'm town because as scum i'd be so awesome you wouldn't suspect me" rubs me the wrong way

joth seems maybe more scummy than towny, but i wouldn't want to lynch anyone who puts effort into reacting their wagon like that day 1

mail-mi seems towny

It's true. It's objectively true given evidence, looking towny is my scumtell, which is why I'm always so scummy. And me saying it is NAI.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 27, 2020, 02:48:03 pm »

I like ADK's plan. I'll start. We're listing items we need right?

Blueberries
Rope
Camera
Glasses
Hat

Hear ye, hear ye, whoever has one of these, give it to skip or mail-mi with a coinflip, hear ye, hear ye. Lol no one's gonna listen to me.

What do you mean by this, Mix? I might be confused on the plan also at this point.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 27, 2020, 02:49:08 pm »

I like ADK's plan. I'll start. We're listing items we need right?

Blueberries
Rope
Camera
Glasses
Hat

Hear ye, hear ye, whoever has one of these, give it to skip or mail-mi with a coinflip, hear ye, hear ye. Lol no one's gonna listen to me.

What do you mean by this, Mix? I might be confused on the plan also at this point.

I was just bringing up what items mail-mi had listed, since it had been a bunch of pages back.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 27, 2020, 02:50:51 pm »

Vote: skip

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 27, 2020, 02:52:25 pm »

sudgy seems towny

mail-mi seems towny

It's true. It's objectively true given evidence, looking towny is my scumtell, which is why I'm always so scummy. And me saying it is NAI.
It's one of those arguments that doesn't do anything for anyone but yourself. Very easy to lie about as scum, how are we to verify?

i'm assuming "okay now you seem town to me so time to lynch you?" is not the conclusion you are looking for

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 27, 2020, 02:56:22 pm »

request vote count
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 27, 2020, 02:56:52 pm »

sudgy seems towny

mail-mi seems towny

It's one of those arguments that doesn't do anything for anyone but yourself. Very easy to lie about as scum, how are we to verify?

i'm assuming "okay now you seem town to me so time to lynch you?" is not the conclusion you are looking for

Which argument are you talking about? I can't tell you why it's NAI, I'm just saying it is, if you don't think so then what can I say.

The thing I said might be true, might be false, might be unrelated, but me saying it has nothing to do with me being town this game, so who cares if it's true or not.

The conclusion I'm looking for is one that tells me your alignment.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 27, 2020, 03:01:36 pm »

Yeah may as well.

I also need the rope

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 27, 2020, 03:02:32 pm »

Ok so I was in a huge rush when I posted the plan, and I'm just logging on again now.

Obviously it was not fully thought through. People don't need to post what they have. Overtly posting what you need is also bad. But I think the part about trying to hide the item you need into your post has merit. Except maybe the person who needs the item I have, probably you shouldn't put the word in your post anymore, because people will catch it. That's my bad for describing the word. Sorry. I was roped into this game without warning right before a 24 hour period when I knew I would not be able to post. I had a brief amount of time to read my role and the thread, and I thought of the plan. My choices were to post it immediately or wait until after the 24 hour dark period, and considering that we're dealing with a short game-day I chose the former. So, as I said, it wasn't fully thought through.

Catching up now.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 27, 2020, 03:05:29 pm »

I can't say I understand the votes on me.
Do people honestly think scum!me would choose to play D1 like this?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 27, 2020, 03:09:46 pm »

Yes.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 27, 2020, 03:13:46 pm »

Yes.
So like, what do you think my scum plan is? Get mail-mi lynched today, then when he flips town, I somehow avoid the lynch tomorrow? There's no way I'd by choice put myself in a 1v1 on the first day. Come on.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 27, 2020, 03:13:55 pm »

Yeah may as well.

I also need the rope

Cool. So is there like any way we're both town? Maybe maybe not?

Honestly best course for town right now is to lynch one of us, then the other if they lynch town. There's just so much more likely hood that one of us is scum, the odds are pretty good.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 27, 2020, 03:14:39 pm »

Yeah may as well.

I also need the rope

Cool. So is there like any way we're both town? Maybe maybe not?

Honestly best course for town right now is to lynch one of us, then the other if they lynch town. There's just so much more likely hood that one of us is scum, the odds are pretty good.
Agreed.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 27, 2020, 03:16:24 pm »

Yes.
So like, what do you think my scum plan is? Get mail-mi lynched today, then when he flips town, I somehow avoid the lynch tomorrow? There's no way I'd by choice put myself in a 1v1 on the first day. Come on.

Yes. What do you think scum!mail-mi's plan is?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 27, 2020, 03:17:33 pm »

Ok, I re-read. Now I get it. I wasn't following at the time.

It is definitely interesting, though not exactly surprising, that there are items multiple people need (which seems more likely to me than someone randomly listing an item that  skip happens to need).

I think it's more likely that the people who need the same item are on different factions -- that's much more elegant game design.

So there is merit, especially on day 1, to lynching one person out of a pair who need the same item. That said, we have only skip's word here, so if he says [so and so] needs the same item as me, he could really have just named anybody who posted a list as a scum tactic to get that person lynched. So maybe this isn't presently actionable.

this. smart. good idea/catch.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 27, 2020, 03:18:25 pm »

Ok, I re-read. Now I get it. I wasn't following at the time.

It is definitely interesting, though not exactly surprising, that there are items multiple people need (which seems more likely to me than someone randomly listing an item that  skip happens to need).

I think it's more likely that the people who need the same item are on different factions -- that's much more elegant game design.

So there is merit, especially on day 1, to lynching one person out of a pair who need the same item. That said, we have only skip's word here, so if he says [so and so] needs the same item as me, he could really have just named anybody who posted a list as a scum tactic to get that person lynched. So maybe this isn't presently actionable.

this. smart. good idea/catch.

Swan is setting up for 2 mislynches, look at this when both skip and mail-mi flip town.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 27, 2020, 03:18:29 pm »

Yes.

To get the rope, which he didn't know somebody else needs.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 27, 2020, 03:19:47 pm »

Yes.

To get the rope, which he didn't know somebody else needs.

That's your plan, isn't it? You breadcrumbed the item you need, which means you need to point out if someone else said it otherwise you're lynched eventually.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 27, 2020, 03:20:55 pm »

Yes.

You could have brought the point up to seem towny, and didn't realize the 1v1 implications that it would bring. Lots of possible scum narratives, honestly.

It's too bad, I wasn't scumreading you before. Oh well.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 15 queries.