Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199206 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: April 27, 2020, 01:23:37 pm »

Also, people tend to talk about MiX's meta a lot.  Can someone fill me in?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 27, 2020, 01:26:22 pm »

I'm always scumread. Always. Literally all the time. Unless I'm scum, then I play around it.

Hi sudgy, I don't think we talked directly to each other yet.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 27, 2020, 01:34:35 pm »

Sup joth. Looking forward to playing with you. I read war of sparks mafia a few weeks ago and you were my biggest town read so well done on that.

About the non-vote, what adk said resonated with me, but at the time I had no clue how many votes you had, and i liked my sudgy vote better anyway. (I still do.)

I take it from your omission that you don't have much interest in the fact that someone else posted the item i need?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 27, 2020, 01:35:21 pm »

I'm always scumread. Always. Literally all the time. Unless I'm scum, then I play around it.

Are we secretly brothers or something?  That happens to me too!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 27, 2020, 01:36:34 pm »

I like joths analysis. Let's not lynch him
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 27, 2020, 01:37:14 pm »

Have we ever lynched Faust day 1 before? Let's try it vote: faust
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 27, 2020, 01:38:48 pm »

About the non-vote, what adk said resonated with me, but at the time I had no clue how many votes you had, and i liked my sudgy vote better anyway. (I still do.)

What do you like about voting for me?  The only reason I could see from you is thinking that scum might have a use for items, which seems very likely given that this game seems centered around items.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 27, 2020, 01:39:58 pm »

I feel like we've moved a bit past RVS.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 27, 2020, 01:42:01 pm »

Are we secretly brothers or something?  That happens to me too!

So...you're scum? Same!

Yes.

No.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2020, 01:49:58 pm »

What do you like about his analysis?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 27, 2020, 01:50:51 pm »

Oh I forgot, I don't like skip much in that wagon re-read. His nonvote might actually be scummier than any of the votes.
What about your nonvote then, how scummy is that?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2020, 01:58:52 pm »

What do you like about voting for me?  The only reason I could see from you is thinking that scum might have a use for items, which seems very likely given that this game seems centered around items.
Well, to be fair, you didn't really say they might have use for items, more that they definitely have use for them, or at least that's what it sounded like to me. Since then, your post #202 also troubled me, and very recently this post caught my attention
Also an item could be one thing in someone's hand, another in someone else's. I'd generally be in favor of sharing info once we know more about what it means. (I dont know about others, I dont know anything about the items and how vital they'd be or how careful we should be with them yet)

Town on Eevee for this, because scum would definitely know more about items than Eevee does here.
How do you know what scum would definitely know?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 27, 2020, 02:02:37 pm »

Anyway, mail-mi has come back to thread and posted and ignored my revelation so I guess there's no point waiting around any longer.

The item I need appears in mail-mi's list.

Vote: mail-mi

Probably not leaving there for the rest of the day.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2020, 02:03:14 pm »

Unvote

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 27, 2020, 02:04:57 pm »

Sup joth. Looking forward to playing with you. I read war of sparks mafia a few weeks ago and you were my biggest town read so well done on that.

I take it from your omission that you don't have much interest in the fact that someone else posted the item i need?

I'm so confused about the plan. I thought we were supposed to be making lists of what we need, not what we have. Is that right? And so the issue is that someone else also needs the thing you need?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2020, 02:06:15 pm »

I'm so confused about the plan. I thought we were supposed to be making lists of what we need, not what we have. Is that right? And so the issue is that someone else also needs the thing you need?
You got it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 27, 2020, 02:06:34 pm »

I like ADK's plan. I'll start. We're listing items we need right?

Blueberries
Rope
Camera
Glasses
Hat

Hear ye, hear ye, whoever has one of these, give it to skip or mail-mi with a coinflip, hear ye, hear ye. Lol no one's gonna listen to me.

I mean, he literally said

So, yeah.

PPE: Oh, yeah you can explain it too.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 27, 2020, 02:08:48 pm »

Ok, I re-read. Now I get it. I wasn't following at the time.

It is definitely interesting, though not exactly surprising, that there are items multiple people need (which seems more likely to me than someone randomly listing an item that  skip happens to need).

I think it's more likely that the people who need the same item are on different factions -- that's much more elegant game design.

So there is merit, especially on day 1, to lynching one person out of a pair who need the same item. That said, we have only skip's word here, so if he says [so and so] needs the same item as me, he could really have just named anybody who posted a list as a scum tactic to get that person lynched. So maybe this isn't presently actionable.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 27, 2020, 02:14:10 pm »

There's just so many unknowns. The more I think about it, it would also be elegant design to use items as a way to give town more potential power without giving them too much actual power. So maybe there's one townie who has a blueberry gun so if they get blueberries they can become a vigilante, and another one has a blender and if they get blueberries they can make a smoothie which  acts as a  one-shot doctor  (just picking the first item on the list and making up a bullshit example).

That  approach seems easier to balance than having scum and town need the same things.

But I have to assume Glooble's design process here was at least partially rooted in our design for Unfortunate Events mafia, which had information (though not physical things) that town and scum both needed for different reasons. So that design seems a little more likely from a meta standpoint. And, in fact, both things could be true in this design.

He/him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2020, 02:16:28 pm »

vote: mail-mi
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2020, 02:27:53 pm »

Also an item could be one thing in someone's hand, another in someone else's. I'd generally be in favor of sharing info once we know more about what it means. (I dont know about others, I dont know anything about the items and how vital they'd be or how careful we should be with them yet)

Town on Eevee for this, because scum would definitely know more about items than Eevee does here.
How do you know what scum would definitely know?

Because there's more of them?  That almost by definition means they know more than us.  That's the whole point of the game is that the mafia know more than the town.

Regarding skip vs. mail-mi, I'll wait until mail-mi chimes in.  I would be a bit worried in assuming that one of them has to be scum, but I can at least see the merit in lynching one of them today.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2020, 02:28:28 pm »

Anyway, mail-mi has come back to thread and posted and ignored my revelation so I guess there's no point waiting around any longer.

Vote: mail-mi

Probably not leaving there for the rest of the day.

Interesting. I listed the item I need plus 4 random ones. I think that makes you more likely scum than town, if you happen to need the same item I do.

vote: skip

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 27, 2020, 02:29:24 pm »

Would it be useful to claim which item I need that I listed? Perhaps I did just list his item accidentally

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2020, 02:31:35 pm »

BM game, time to relax.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 27, 2020, 02:34:43 pm »

BM game, time to relax.

I will say I struggled with whether to make this Bastard or RMM. After the game I’ll explain my reasoning and we can all decide if I made the right call. Ultimately it came down to me thinking people would be more angry about getting a bastard game when they signed up for a normal one than visa versa.

I, for one, am treating this game seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.