Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 267625 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1750 on: June 16, 2020, 01:47:47 am »

I have additional evidence to suggest that faust is town.

Care to reveal or is it better to hold on to for now?

All I can say is there is a player with an investigative power who investigated faust and found him to be town, and said player found a way to transmit that information to me so as to share the result without outing themself. The player could be lying, but I trust them. Faust could have been alignment inverted, but its not terribly likely.
Why anyone would pick me as an investigation target is beyond me.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 16, 2020, 01:54:38 am »

”I’m here.”
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 16, 2020, 02:05:24 am »

I have additional evidence to suggest that faust is town.

Care to reveal or is it better to hold on to for now?

All I can say is there is a player with an investigative power who investigated faust and found him to be town, and said player found a way to transmit that information to me so as to share the result without outing themself. The player could be lying, but I trust them. Faust could have been alignment inverted, but its not terribly likely.
Why anyone would pick me as an investigation target is beyond me.

Let's be honest, there probably aren't many people who are confident in their ability to read you, so you are kind of a default investigation target because of your rep, especially with how EoD went in this case. But of course, I wasn't the one who did it, so I don't know what they were thinking. You wouldn't have been my first choice to cop there due to my memory of town!you being a frequent N1 kill, but maybe people have been softening on that a bit the last couple years.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: June 16, 2020, 02:07:23 am »

Let's be honest, there probably aren't many people who are confident in their ability to read you, so you are kind of a default investigation target because of your rep, especially with how EoD went in this case. But of course, I wasn't the one who did it, so I don't know what they were thinking. You wouldn't have been my first choice to cop there due to my memory of town!you being a frequent N1 kill, but maybe people have been softening on that a bit the last couple years.
Exactly - I'm the default target. And there are alignment inverters. I understand people who still think I could be scum, but even if they do, investigating me is still terrible because the result is much less conclusive than if you investigate a low-profile player.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: June 16, 2020, 02:16:49 am »

Exactly - I'm the default target. And there are alignment inverters. I understand people who still think I could be scum, but even if they do, investigating me is still terrible because the result is much less conclusive than if you investigate a low-profile player.

so as I imagine you are not arguing that your alignment was inverted and you are actually skum....
You think whoever is telling eddie is lying for cred?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: June 16, 2020, 02:19:47 am »

Trust doesn't exist in my profession.

Vote: MiX

I believe this helps town.
This doesn’t add up. If you are a survivor, your only wincon is to not die.
How can you be ok with your lynch / getting vigged?
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: June 16, 2020, 02:26:25 am »

so as I imagine you are not arguing that your alignment was inverted and you are actually skum....

This has nothing to do with Eddie. GHS claimed to have modified-cop’ed Hyper/faust, getting the result that they are of the same alignment.

Faust’s comment is merely pointing out that choosing him as an investigation target in a game with alignment inversion as a possible mechanic doesn’t seem the best, as he may very well be a good target for such inversion.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: June 16, 2020, 02:30:17 am »

This has nothing to do with Eddie. GHS claimed to have modified-cop’ed Hyper/faust, getting the result that they are of the same alignment.

Faust’s comment is merely pointing out that choosing him as an investigation target in a game with alignment inversion as a possible mechanic doesn’t seem the best, as he may very well be a good target for such inversion.

ok fair. I thought eddie said someone else claimed to of copped faust and got town though? is that not right?
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: June 16, 2020, 02:31:20 am »

ok fair. I thought eddie said someone else claimed to of copped faust and got town though? is that not right?

Glooble said that he has reason to believe faust is Town.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: June 16, 2020, 02:36:16 am »

Glooble said that he has reason to believe faust is Town.

well then nvm. this is hard to keep track of.
real good. That’s how

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: June 16, 2020, 04:26:52 am »

There is also the fact that our QT conversations have me a little suspicious, hyper seemed very fine with sharing information about who he's targeting when town I think would have been more suspicious there. And the results he has are extremely convenient.

If you think I could be lying about the results I may as well claim them, I watched Eddie last night and got no result.

Given that I didn't have any particular reason to think you were scum (especially after EFHW flipped), I don't think that telling you who I was going to target was particularly risky. The chances of you being scum and that the knowledge of who I'd target would change the NK target are pretty slim, I think we gain more by coordinating
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: June 16, 2020, 04:40:17 am »

Sorry my internet stinks right now because i just moved.

I'd really like these people who think that im scummy to say why.

AND- Faust and Hypercube have the same allignment. so if glooble's informant didnt lie- then I guess they are are both town without inverters and bus drivers.

Unsure why a person with the modified cop ability wouldn't have targeted me. You know, to turn it into a regular cop ability?

vote: GHS "I know these two people's alignments are the same" seems like an easy thing for scum to claim, especially if they're trying to avoid claiming normal cop.

He also avoided voting for EFHW until Rhand moved his vote and it was clear she was going to be lynched.
I have sigs off.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: June 16, 2020, 04:44:00 am »

GHS - what is your order, and what is your order's special power?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: June 16, 2020, 06:58:55 am »

vote: faust. Self-preservation, obviously.
she left the hyper wagon when it had 4 votes, to be the second vote on another wagon. True self-preservation would be to try and keep the main counter-wagon alive.

At this point the hyper wagon wasn't viable.

Trust doesn't exist in my profession.

Vote: MiX

I believe this helps town.
This doesn’t add up. If you are a survivor, your only wincon is to not die.
How can you be ok with your lynch / getting vigged?

Because town is discussing how best to vig me during the day. What can I do to stop that? Nothing. So why play at all?

There is also the fact that our QT conversations have me a little suspicious, hyper seemed very fine with sharing information about who he's targeting when town I think would have been more suspicious there. And the results he has are extremely convenient.

If you think I could be lying about the results I may as well claim them, I watched Eddie last night and got no result.

Given that I didn't have any particular reason to think you were scum (especially after EFHW flipped), I don't think that telling you who I was going to target was particularly risky. The chances of you being scum and that the knowledge of who I'd target would change the NK target are pretty slim, I think we gain more by coordinating

You could've picked someone that had an above zero chance of getting NK'd, you know.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: June 16, 2020, 07:02:12 am »

Looks like the list of re-reads I need to do has been significantly reduced; it seems like I don't need to do one for Glooble, faust, MiX or Eddie. First one tomorrow!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: June 16, 2020, 08:47:22 am »

Ok, so:

[Mysterious cop] investigated faust, got town
GHS mod. copped faust and hypercube, got same alignment

Possibilities:

-Both are town, no alignment inverters
-Both are scum, both got alignment inverted
-One is town and one is scum, one got alignment inverted
-GHS/Mysterious cop is scum, in which case we know nothing
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: June 16, 2020, 09:10:17 am »

[Mysterious cop] investigated faust, got town
Not that I don't like to be ICed, but we don't know that the result on me here was a Cop result. Maybe I just did some amazingly townie-looking targeting tonight. (I did.)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: June 16, 2020, 09:12:17 am »

Possibilities:

I like how you list two options where one of 2 players is scum, but the latter qualifies as "we know nothing" and the former doesn't.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: June 16, 2020, 09:21:50 am »

Possibilities:

I like how you list two options where one of 2 players is scum, but the latter qualifies as "we know nothing" and the former doesn't.

Bullet point four was just sort of a reminder/footnote that just because someone has claimed a result doesn't mean we can trust them. I suppose I could expand to include more options:

-GHS is lying but MC isn't, in which case faust is town but hyper could be either alignment
-MC is lying but GHS isn't, in which case faust is scum and so is hyper (barring inversions)
-Both are lying, in which case we really don't know anything (except that GHS and MC are probably not town-aligned)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: June 16, 2020, 09:35:54 am »

Who is MC?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: June 16, 2020, 09:50:54 am »

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: June 16, 2020, 09:56:17 am »

Main Character

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: June 16, 2020, 10:35:33 am »

Main Character

At this point, yeah.

Hey guys why is Galzria town?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: June 16, 2020, 11:10:14 am »

Eddie.

Give me one reason to not tell me everything.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 16 queries.