Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 267555 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1725 on: June 15, 2020, 05:19:35 pm »

So assuming we believe MiX's claim, what can we conclude about chairs's alignment, since we certainly can have scum cops in this setup and if a scum cop got a not town result a non-partner they might still share it with town.

Actually, I'm not sure they would. If I'm a scum cop and I find a  mysterious third party, what are the options:

1. They're a SK -- keep alive for a while to get those double kills
2. They're a traitor -- really don't want to out them
3. They're a survivor/other neutral -- some value in reporting for town cred, but still results in a suboptimal lynch

I've convinced myself that this development makes chairs pretty towny if MiX flips anything but town. So that means we have Glooble as IC, faust and scola as psuedo-ICs, chairs as a conditional pseudo-IC, Uncle and MiX as claimed 3rd parties. Our pool of possible scum is really just 10 players right now, 9 for those of us not on that list who know our own alignment.

My read on joth from this post but also other things is joth is town. So for me that leaves 9 suspects, if I accept MiX as 3rd party.

I can't flip town so I have no idea what joth's talking about.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 15, 2020, 05:30:39 pm »

So assuming we believe MiX's claim, what can we conclude about chairs's alignment, since we certainly can have scum cops in this setup and if a scum cop got a not town result a non-partner they might still share it with town.

Actually, I'm not sure they would. If I'm a scum cop and I find a  mysterious third party, what are the options:

3. They're a survivor/other neutral -- some value in reporting for town cred, but still results in a suboptimal lynch

I've convinced myself that this development makes chairs pretty towny if MiX flips anything but town. So that means we have Glooble as IC, faust and scola as psuedo-ICs, chairs as a conditional pseudo-IC, Uncle and MiX as claimed 3rd parties. Our pool of possible scum is really just 10 players right now, 9 for those of us not on that list who know our own alignment.

My read on joth from this post but also other things is joth is town. So for me that leaves 9 suspects, if I accept MiX as 3rd party.

I can't flip town so I have no idea what joth's talking about.
Why even would mafia ever spend stormlight on a cop shot?
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 15, 2020, 05:32:10 pm »

To catch a third-party? I don't know why you wouldn't just invert.

I don't know why you quoted me I think chairs is 100% town. I don't think joth is.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 15, 2020, 05:34:06 pm »

I don't know why you quoted me I think chairs is 100% town. I don't think joth is.

Why not? I know I'm not the only one who thinks joth is town.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 15, 2020, 05:34:22 pm »

If a Mafia team has only two people in a game this size, they would be almost certain it’s multi-ball, and would be looking for other scum.

If we’re not in a multi-ball setup, my suspicion of Swowl just went up greatly.

And yes, Chairs is Town.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 15, 2020, 05:35:25 pm »

If a Mafia team has only two people in a game this size, they would be almost certain it’s multi-ball, and would be looking for other scum.

If we’re not in a multi-ball setup, my suspicion of Swowl just went up greatly.

And yes, Chairs is Town.

Err, Rhand. Phone posting. Confused myself on who said what.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: June 15, 2020, 05:36:02 pm »

Oh that was to strengthen your argument that Joth’s post makes no sense.

PPE: do you have unannounced multiball games on this site? :/

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: June 15, 2020, 05:39:48 pm »

If it’s not an open setup, anything is possible. Generally, most games are not, however in a game this size it’s somewhat more likely.

Mafia Record:

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: June 15, 2020, 05:49:42 pm »

If it’s not an open setup, anything is possible. Generally, most games are not, however in a game this size it’s somewhat more likely.
That happened on mtgs once and will never be repeated because of town’s anger at the end lol.
I always saw multiball as bastard.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: June 15, 2020, 05:59:10 pm »

That happened on mtgs once and will never be repeated because of town’s anger at the end lol.
I always saw multiball as bastard.

Given what I know, I doubt there's multiball. My warform most likely has some sort of killing ability, and so I wouldn't be surprised if I was the dedicated SK.

Multiball is allowed but frowned upon in RMMs around here.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: June 15, 2020, 06:04:00 pm »

When we say "multiball" are we only referring to 2 scum teams, or are we including scum + SK. I don't think there's a huge difference between the two in terms of bastardness.

I also don't understand why people are scumreading me for making a post that comes to the same conclusion as they have. It might be obvious to you that scum wouldn't cop, but it's not obvious to me. Especially in a setup this big.

Consider this. You're a Scum Truthseer. At some point, you have to assume, you're going to have to claim. If you do anything but cop, you will have to explain why you didn't cop. Sure you can pretend to cop, but there's so much happening in this game -- watchers, trackers, redirectors. Actually copping is the safest way to make sure you don't get caught not copping, and there are definitely players who would do that for that reason alone. So it's not crazy to talk these things out.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: June 15, 2020, 06:05:08 pm »

When we say "multiball" are we only referring to 2 scum teams, or are we including scum + SK. I don't think there's a huge difference between the two in terms of bastardness.

I also don't understand why people are scumreading me for making a post that comes to the same conclusion as they have. It might be obvious to you that scum wouldn't cop, but it's not obvious to me. Especially in a setup this big.

Consider this. You're a Scum Truthseer. At some point, you have to assume, you're going to have to claim. If you do anything but cop, you will have to explain why you didn't cop. Sure you can pretend to cop, but there's so much happening in this game -- watchers, trackers, redirectors. Actually copping is the safest way to make sure you don't get caught not copping, and there are definitely players who would do that for that reason alone. So it's not crazy to talk these things out.

The best way to cop is to alignment invert. That also makes you target a person.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: June 15, 2020, 06:10:15 pm »

also scola and me are town
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: June 15, 2020, 06:18:52 pm »

also scola and me are town

Why you as well?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: June 15, 2020, 06:19:35 pm »

My town list is scolapasta, faust, Didds, Rhand, chairs, LL, Glooble and Uncle (because why not). Surely we can lynch scum today without me trying, right?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: June 15, 2020, 07:34:09 pm »

My town list is scolapasta, faust, Didds, Rhand, chairs, LL, Glooble and Uncle (because why not). Surely we can lynch scum today without me trying, right?

What do you think about GHS? More or less scummy than hypercube?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: June 15, 2020, 07:37:24 pm »

What do you think about GHS? More or less scummy than hypercube?

More.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: June 15, 2020, 07:56:26 pm »

Yeah, now that I have some of my own reads I do want to go back to 60+ pages of D1 to see others' reads. Like that one GHS post. Anyone remember the #?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: June 15, 2020, 08:11:10 pm »

Yeah, now that I have some of my own reads I do want to go back to 60+ pages of D1 to see others' reads. Like that one GHS post. Anyone remember the #?

Found it:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=20258.msg841732#msg841732

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: June 15, 2020, 10:49:15 pm »

Sorry my internet stinks right now because i just moved.

I'd really like these people who think that im scummy to say why.

AND- Faust and Hypercube have the same allignment. so if glooble's informant didnt lie- then I guess they are are both town without inverters and bus drivers.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1745 on: June 15, 2020, 11:06:39 pm »

Sorry my internet stinks right now because i just moved.

I'd really like these people who think that im scummy to say why.

AND- Faust and Hypercube have the same allignment. so if glooble's informant didnt lie- then I guess they are are both town without inverters and bus drivers.

Unsure why a person with the modified cop ability wouldn't have targeted me. You know, to turn it into a regular cop ability?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: June 16, 2020, 01:14:32 am »

Well, that throws a wrench into my theories.

unvote

Even though hypercube would be a prime target for alignment inversion.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 16, 2020, 01:15:45 am »

Or me for that matter, I guess. It suffices if one of us was inverted to invalidate that result. Hm.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (PMs sent!)
« Reply #1748 on: June 16, 2020, 01:45:42 am »

I realize that you are probably still angry. That is pleasant to know. Much as your perpetual health, I have come to rely upon your dissatisfaction with me. It is one of the cosmere's great constants, I should think.

Vote Count 2.2

MiX (2): LaLight, jotheonah
Galzria (1): MiX
hypercube (2): Uncleeurope, Swowl

Not Voting (10): Dylan32, faust, WestCoastDidds, Rhand, Galzria, GreatHallScout, Glooble, Jimmmmm, hypercube, chairs, scolapasta

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 2 lasts until 11:00AM FT on June 22, 2020.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 11:14:53 am by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 16, 2020, 01:46:32 am »

I still feel it's worth to share my thoughts on hyper.

The initial assumption is that - well, he was a counter-wagon to EFHW, right? So that's gotta a town tell.
Now let's look at that wagon:

hypercube (6): chairs, MiX, Rhand, Glooble, jotheonah, EFHW

Who do we have? chairs, who has been extremely towny. MiX, who is pretty certainly third-party. Rhand, who was instrumental in getting the EFHW lynch instead of mine. The IC Glooble. Then comes joth, who admittedly I don't have such good things to say about, but the first 4 votes on this wagon did not come from scum I believe.

Compare to the final D1 vote count:

chairs (1): Dylan32
EFHW (10): faust, Uncleeurope, Jimmmmm, LaLight, WestCoastDidds, chairs, MiX, Rhand, GreatHallScout, hypercube
faust (6): scolapasta, EFHW, Galzria, cayvie, Swowl, jotheonah

All the people who started the hyper wagon are now on EFHW. The only overlap of my wagon with hyper's is {joth, EFHW}. Now EFHW is going to vote anywhere out of self-preservation, but it's notable that

vote: faust. Self-preservation, obviously.
she left the hyper wagon when it had 4 votes, to be the second vote on another wagon. True self-preservation would be to try and keep the main counter-wagon alive.

The only thing that's kind of a question mark in this is joth. I would not be opposed to lynching him first, as that will help us determine to what extent exactly the hyper wagon was town-driven.

There is also the fact that our QT conversations have me a little suspicious, hyper seemed very fine with sharing information about who he's targeting when town I think would have been more suspicious there. And the results he has are extremely convenient.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.