Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 267518 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1150 on: June 11, 2020, 06:14:52 pm »

Cost claiming is bad, it outs Orders to scum.

How so?

We already know that all town are in Orders (and scum too). So the only people who do not have orders are 3rd party. They'd probably lie anyway, so all scum would know is people saying costs. The costs by themselves do not out any particular order.

Like in the end how does it pan out?

Skum lies, or tell the truth... whatever no way of telling.
Town tells the truth.
Now skum knows all and town has to guess who is lying about costs?

I actually change my mind, I don't really see the point in a public claim here.

PPE - yeah, what mix said

This maybe a little more. i.e town won't know which costs are real and which are not. But we can assume out of 18 that X are town, so that means X are real. And I do think that could be useful (mostly in trying to prove my case against MiX).

What does scum learn? Well, some of the answers will still be lies (3rd party). But they will know that X (out of Y, where Y is 18 - # of scum) are true. But what will that really tell them? Does it really help them if they know my power costs 5, 10, 30, or 50?

i.e. I don't see what we really risk revealing, while I think we either find evidence for or against MiX).

It tells scum who can be in what order.

Also we should be scumhunting, not third-party hunting. If we want a third-party dead, there's always Eddie out there.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 11, 2020, 06:16:13 pm »

HOW?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 11, 2020, 06:18:05 pm »

HOW?

Anyone with a cost different from 5 isn't a Dustbringer. Anyone with a cost different from mine isn't my order. Anyone with a cost different from a specific order scum knows of isn't of that order.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 11, 2020, 06:21:21 pm »

EFHW in your response to Jimmm you say
“The Didds slip was not the one faust said - I don't expect her to know or anticipate people having non-order powers. But the special powers are not published in the OP, so giving house and order is not a fullclaim. Someone who is not a knight would be more likely to make that mistake. And if it is a mistake, why is she lying about having an order? So I think this is a legit slip.“

I responded before, But in the interest of clarity....I do not have any powers that are not tied to my order. I have the two listed in the set up, and then a third that is also tied to my order. It is not listed for everyone to read, but It would be the same ability for everyone else In my order presumably because it’s explained that as a ___ I can also ____.

Glooble and someone else (Mix) have said this is true for them as well. You are imagining something that is not there. You might have abilities tied to your order. I do not.

Any chance you could point me to where Mix said that?

FWIW, I'm willing to claim the same - I have powers related to two surges, and then 1 other special order power.
Yes, I am aware of these things. My point is that a fullclaim would include the special power, esp since she couldn't know if everyone had one and because it was very unlikely Eddie would know her special power just from hearing her order. So there is a contradiction.  Plus the overemphasis on Eddie acting anti town. Two questionable things can reasonably add up to a vote Day 1.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 11, 2020, 06:24:15 pm »

I think the 5 vs 15 thing is NAI. It would be very MiX to see all the 15 sphere costs and happily extrapolate that to powers with unknown costs.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: June 11, 2020, 06:28:33 pm »

“The Didds slip was not the one faust said - I don't expect her to know or anticipate people having non-order powers. But the special powers are not published in the OP, so giving house and order is not a fullclaim. Someone who is not a knight would be more likely to make that mistake. And if it is a mistake, why is she lying about having an order? So I think this is a legit slip.“

I responded before, But in the interest of clarity....I do not have any powers that are not tied to my order. I have the two listed in the set up, and then a third that is also tied to my order. It is not listed for everyone to read, but It would be the same ability for everyone else In my order presumably because it’s explained that as a ___ I can also ____.

Glooble and someone else (Mix) have said this is true for them as well. You are imagining something that is not there. You might have abilities tied to your order. I do not.

FWIW, I'm willing to claim the same - I have powers related to two surges, and then 1 other special order power.
Yes, I am aware of these things. My point is that a fullclaim would include the special power, esp since she couldn't know if everyone had one and because it was very unlikely Eddie would know her special power just from hearing her order. So there is a contradiction.  Plus the overemphasis on Eddie acting anti town. Two questionable things can reasonably add up to a vote Day 1.

He didn’t ask about powers. He asked for house and order. According to Dylan, he needed house and order to fulfill the task, and become a real boy. There was no discussion about powers, so injecting that into what he asked us to claim, and then saying I should have done it, or known about it..... it just seems like you are looking reasons to oppose me instead of trying to understand what went down, and I was sharing the information to help other people try to understand what went down.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 11, 2020, 06:31:31 pm »

HOW?

Anyone with a cost different from 5 isn't a Dustbringer. Anyone with a cost different from mine isn't my order. Anyone with a cost different from a specific order scum knows of isn't of that order.

Have you claimed how much your SP costs?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 11, 2020, 06:32:39 pm »

HOW?

OK, that's fair. I don't think that is actually much of a reveal as I think there are probably at most 2-3 of any order anyway. I have no evidence - just that there are 10 orders and at most 18 knights. And while some orders may not be in the game, more orders do allow for more special powers, so setup wise I imagine there's more of a mix (no pun intended) than less.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 11, 2020, 06:33:44 pm »

He didn’t ask about powers. He asked for house and order. According to Dylan, he needed house and order to fulfill the task, and become a real boy. There was no discussion about powers, so injecting that into what he asked us to claim, and then saying I should have done it, or known about it..... it just seems like you are looking reasons to oppose me instead of trying to understand what went down, and I was sharing the information to help other people try to understand what went down.

That's the things he asked me about, but when I asked about his wincon, he did not specify that claiming those two things would flip him. From our convo, I'm not sure what degree of detail is involved in whatever full claim he needed.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 11, 2020, 06:44:37 pm »

I think the 5 vs 15 thing is NAI. It would be very MiX to see all the 15 sphere costs and happily extrapolate that to powers with unknown costs.

So town!MiX would know all the surge powers and his own special power for a total of 20 powers (one surge only has 1 power).

Here are the the surge power costs:

CostNumber
variable1

Even if his special order power is 15 (which if it's not, I'll eat a hat), I don't see how you'd use that to extrapolate 15 for other special order powers.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 11, 2020, 06:45:51 pm »

So town!MiX would know all the surge powers and his own special power for a total of 20 powers (one surge only has 1 power).

CostNumber
variable1

Even if his special order power is 15 (which if it's not, I'll eat a hat), I don't see how you'd use that to extrapolate 15 for other special order powers.

I mailed all the hats to ash last game, you gotta come up with something else.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 11, 2020, 06:46:08 pm »

That's the things he asked me about, but when I asked about his wincon, he did not specify that claiming those two things would flip him. From our convo, I'm not sure what degree of detail is involved in whatever full claim he needed.

Let's ask him: Eddie what do you need to flip your alignment? (also, once flipped, can it be changed again?)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 11, 2020, 06:58:41 pm »

CostNumber
variable1

Hahahahahahahahahahah
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 11, 2020, 07:08:39 pm »

Oh did he eat them anything I thought...

...I thought about a lot of things that game. The ones that mattered were correct. The others were wrong.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 11, 2020, 07:34:28 pm »

CostNumber
variable1

Hahahahahahahahahahah

Ditto
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 11, 2020, 09:14:26 pm »

CostNumber
variable1

Reporter is not particularly powerful and 15 was the lowest cost across all the orders.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 11, 2020, 09:16:28 pm »

CostNumber
variable1

Reporter is not particularly powerful and 15 was the lowest cost across all the orders.

Is this a "MiX is scum" narrative? Because it's a good one.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 11, 2020, 09:18:17 pm »

Nevermind, I'm totally wrong. I still disagree, but don't have an argument to support my position.

PPE I don't see what you mean

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 11, 2020, 11:02:01 pm »

Nevermind, I'm totally wrong. I still disagree, but don't have an argument to support my position.

What is your position? Is this about mix's alignment?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 11, 2020, 11:28:16 pm »

I still think the 5 vs 15 issue is NAI.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: June 11, 2020, 11:44:37 pm »

I still think the 5 vs 15 issue is NAI.

So do you have an opinion on mix's alignment, 5 vs 15 or otherwise?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 12, 2020, 12:34:39 am »

(Almost) Everything costs at least 15...so I just assumed the Reporter thing did.

I could easily see that if all scum order powers cost 15 for Mix to erroneously assume that all order powers are 15.

This is quite literally impossible, I just looked at all the surges and scum must have powera that don't cost 15. So, what do you think was the origin of my mistake?

Why did you assume Dylan's posting power cost 15?

A true answer to this is a soft claim.

contradiction?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 12, 2020, 01:33:57 am »

No about dibbs.
It’s so clear that the extra power belongs to the order that calling house + order a fullclaim is totally NAI.
I don't know what Dylan's power belonging to the order has to do with anything.
If Dylan is town, then we already have a claim with order power revealed.
It makes the whole “mafia would forget that part with a full claim” idea less likely.
I'm not arguing that the special order power is what Didds ignored as being part of a fullclaim, I'm arguing that she forgot that you can have powers completely unrelated to your order.

You're not looking too good here either.

Care to explain this more? It reads like you're claiming town has more powers than surge powers + order special power. Is that what you're saying?
Yes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 12, 2020, 01:40:04 am »

I see we've not gotten any closer to finding a lynch. Great.

Instead we're talking about claiming, which is absolutely pointless less than 24 hours before the deadline. And beating the dead horse MiX and his cost assumption.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 12, 2020, 01:43:31 am »

I believe that scolapasta is genuine, even if his content is anti-town at the moment.

EFHW, however, has been the biggest detractor from consolidation here. Her vote remains on Didds, who noone else is voting for, and she continues to participate in all this pointless talk rather than trying to find a good lynch.

I am now ready to

Vote: EFHW
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 16 queries.