Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 267584 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #850 on: June 10, 2020, 08:26:26 am »

Oops. Right. Nevermind then.

@Dylan I do not have the information that he said he has.

So did you not cooperate?

No, I did not tell him order. I did tell him my house, though.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #851 on: June 10, 2020, 08:34:17 am »

People keep saying “Eddie’s third party, not scum”.

Do we have any evidence of that beyond Eddie’s word?

Now that we know people can have additional powers beyond their order I’m inclined to think Eddie is just scum fishing for as many town claims as possible.

Vote: Eddie

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 10, 2020, 08:38:13 am »

Why did you summon him again after the first conversation?
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 10, 2020, 08:41:14 am »

People keep saying “Eddie’s third party, not scum”.

Do we have any evidence of that beyond Eddie’s word?

Now that we know people can have additional powers beyond their order I’m inclined to think Eddie is just scum fishing for as many town claims as possible.

Vote: Eddie

There is absolutely zero way Uncle would try to claim a third-party as a way to survive in f.ds. You have my word. That is completely impossible.

I have other reasons to trust Uncle as well, but as evidence of the above statement, the only word I need to say is RMM55. The rest's just trusting that I've gotten to know Uncle over time.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 10, 2020, 08:41:44 am »

The main problem with this is you give scum all the data to find the most effective nightkill. It's better to talk about who you think is scummy, but it's still very good to think about who's towny.

How is your vig claim idea not the exact middle ground of what you are saying is bad here?

Also, I just don't get the utility of your claim-vig idea here. I get the part where skum is boxed out because they claim not vig... but then why not just make it a "claim not vig" plan? why out the vig?

There's really no difference between these two other than efficiency.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: June 10, 2020, 08:44:10 am »

Why did you summon him again after the first conversation?

Our conversation got cut short the first time because I assumed it was an ongoing qt (it’s not) and it got locked before I had responded to him. So, I asked some questions in the thread about if people thought he was being silly or scummy with the knave-talk, then decided that I’d go ahead and chat with him.

PPE: 2

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 10, 2020, 08:45:42 am »

But maybe I understand what information I have differently? I for sure didn’t understand why folks were saying that if they were town, they should have told Eddie everything he wanted to know.  Now, I wasn’t informed about his potential shift, but still, it seems antithetical to how we normally play to just share everything with someone because they ask.
The point is that Dylan was only asked for information he already shared in here.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 10, 2020, 08:47:25 am »

vote: Didds
I have sigs off.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 10, 2020, 08:58:09 am »

But maybe I understand what information I have differently? I for sure didn’t understand why folks were saying that if they were town, they should have told Eddie everything he wanted to know.  Now, I wasn’t informed about his potential shift, but still, it seems antithetical to how we normally play to just share everything with someone because they ask.
The point is that Dylan was only asked for information he already shared in here.
Apart from his alignment if he’s mafia.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 10, 2020, 09:01:42 am »

vote: MiX

too many almost kinda pseudo scumslips. In a setup this complicated, scum has a lot of info, presumably, just based on sharing power info with each other. Town also has a lot of info just based on that huge setup post. So I can really see a scum player getting MiXed up (pun intended) and saying things that they thought were common knowledge but aren't.

If you reread MiX you see him making weird assumptions about how much stuff costs, alluding to a stealing service that we don't know exists, the thing about scum having extra powers Dylan pointed out in #312, etc.

And MiX has a town OR scum meta (not to mention a human nature) that doesn't exactly allow him to lie low.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 10, 2020, 09:06:51 am »

Thieving service is obviously the protection program. It's a Service, and it stops Thieving. So it's a Thieving Service. Not my fault that sounds reversed, I mean what else could I be talking about?

(Almost) Everything costs at least 15...so I just assumed the Reporter thing did.

What's #312, phone posting.

What's that last line about?

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 10, 2020, 09:09:12 am »

too many almost kinda pseudo scumslips. In a setup this complicated, scum has a lot of info, presumably, just based on sharing power info with each other. Town also has a lot of info just based on that huge setup post. So I can really see a scum player getting MiXed up (pun intended) and saying things that they thought were common knowledge but aren't.

If you reread MiX you see him making weird assumptions about how much stuff costs, alluding to a stealing service that we don't know exists, the thing about scum having extra powers Dylan pointed out in #312, etc.

And MiX has a town OR scum meta (not to mention a human nature) that doesn't exactly allow him to lie low.
I was worried when he claimed that 15 cost for the reporting too, but then Dylan stepped in and said that 15 was wrong, so it’s not tmi.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 10, 2020, 09:12:23 am »

Apart from his alignment if he’s mafia.
I mean, according to Didds Eddie did not ask about alignment.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 10, 2020, 09:12:52 am »

Oh is #312 about how there's surges with powers that are anti-town and thus scum are the only ones that use them? Yeah no one could've seen that except scum. I love alignment inverting as town, cops should ba insane, waymore fun.

How the hell is this not NAI.

PPE: Productive question I'm sure.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #864 on: June 10, 2020, 09:43:36 am »

The 15 assumption is the scummy part. I didn't point it out because I assumed Dylan had said it cost 15 and I'd just missed it. But there's powers in the setup point that only cost 5, so it is a weird assumption to make.

I'm okay with vote: MiX

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 10, 2020, 09:50:36 am »

He clearly had something different going on in his conversation than he did with me, or maybe with MiX. He didn't say anything about his alignment changing to mine if I told him or anything even close to that. So, I can just tell you what he told me.  But based on his repeated attempts to get Dylan to check his qt, he was fairly impatient to talk to Dylan so perhaps knowing his order was more than he got from me or MiX. 

Also, this was all happening in knave-speak so its not exactly straightforward.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 10, 2020, 10:02:23 am »

The 15 assumption is the scummy part. I didn't point it out because I assumed Dylan had said it cost 15 and I'd just missed it. But there's powers in the setup point that only cost 5, so it is a weird assumption to make.

You said why it's a weird assumption to make, but why is it a scummy one?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #867 on: June 10, 2020, 10:10:54 am »

You said why it's a weird assumption to make, but why is it a scummy one?

Because if there's a scum dustbringer, and MiX is scum, MiX would be likely to know exactly what that ability costs.

But then I guess he would have gotten it right, not wrong.

Okay, back to

vote: Eddie

He/ Him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 10, 2020, 10:12:55 am »

request prod on Greathallscout, it's been 3 days
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 10, 2020, 10:38:00 am »

I was worried when he claimed that 15 cost for the reporting too, but then Dylan stepped in and said that 15 was wrong, so it’s not tmi.

Doesn't matter if he's right or not. It's about how much info he has access to that caused him to draw the wrong conclusion. Like he just said "(Almost) Everything costs at least 15" ... where does that come from? His PM? Or his PM + his partners'? I don't really feel like my PM has enough costs in it for me to draw a conclusion like that...

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: June 10, 2020, 10:39:52 am »

Oh wait, there are sphere costs in the setup post. I did forget that. So Surge powers are public, including costs, Order powers are secret, including costs, and starting Stormlight allocations are secret.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 10, 2020, 10:40:53 am »

Even so, I think I'm onto something here. Sometimes if it walks and talks and smells like a duck, it's a duck. MiX is posting like a person who's working with a different info set than the rest of us.

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 10, 2020, 10:46:36 am »

request prod on Greathallscout, it's been 3 days

Prod sent.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 10, 2020, 11:00:14 am »

MiX is a terrible lynch. Eddie I get and I'm usually all for lynching the third parties, but this D1 hasn't been very successful in terms of generating wagons and interactions and I'd like at least one wagon to get close to lynch that isn't NAI.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 10, 2020, 11:02:01 am »

Even so, I think I'm onto something here. Sometimes if it walks and talks and smells like a duck, it's a duck. MiX is posting like a person who's working with a different info set than the rest of us.

What did I do that is scummy?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 16 queries.