Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 267591 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #775 on: June 09, 2020, 08:27:20 pm »

The sphere protection program.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 09, 2020, 08:29:37 pm »

Dustbringers can compose a message up to 500 characters that the mod will include in bold in their next post. If I had been on and seen Faust's post before more people had already went along with the plan, I'd have pushed back against it. As it is, I would have been able to tell if people lied once they fake claimed it once they couldn't actually use this ability. I guess it would have been hard to communicate that without claiming anyway, so I don't know. I'm pretty salty and don't think people would have gone along with that if anyone other than Faust proposed it... Also, there are 2 surges that give access to the vig surge and to the ninja/drain surge. Why not just have all 3 surges claim. I get that ninja vig would be really bad, but it takes quite a few spheres to do each, and it would likely take long enough to have both available the same night (including having to steal) that it wasn't likely to happen, at the very least not for a few days.

This was a contradiction when I saw it and it's a contradiction now.

Dylan what's your win condition?

Vote: Dylan

I don't see what you see as a contradiction. I did say surge when I meant order, but if I had used the right word, then there was no contradiction there.

But there's no "ninja/drain" surge. There's a vig/drain surge, and a ninja surge. And a Dustbringer would know that.

Wait, you think Dylan is lying about being a dust bringer?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 09, 2020, 08:30:19 pm »

Well if that's the case, he was still assuming the number of spheres that I have and implying based on that (incorrect) assumption, that I didn't do the only reasonable thing. Well, so many of his assumptions that I laid out were wrong that his conclusions are also very wrong. I won't say more because doing so gives scum too much info about me.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 09, 2020, 08:35:36 pm »

What I called a contradiction is actually proof Dylan's town. I rest my case.

Vote: hypercube

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 09, 2020, 08:36:59 pm »

Well if that's the case, he was still assuming the number of spheres that I have and implying based on that (incorrect) assumption, that I didn't do the only reasonable thing. Well, so many of his assumptions that I laid out were wrong that his conclusions are also very wrong. I won't say more because doing so gives scum too much info about me.

I just assumed the reporter ability cost 15 for...some reason. That muddied my conclusions. Using the Reporter ability is now NAI instead of just a bad play regardless of alignment.

What I was saying is that by spending 15 spheres you would be signaling you couldn't vig, because if you could vig then you wouldn't spent 15 spheres. Obviously this is wrong if it costs less.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: June 09, 2020, 08:39:07 pm »

To circle back to a different topic, people (maybe faust) made comments like there's no pro-town reason to not claim to Eddie, even if it's a claim, die, replaced scenario. There is.

Eddie said he gets the wincon of the claimer, he didn't say anything about the abilities. In fact I think it's unlikely that he would start the game as not a knight radiant and then become one later, even if he does kill the person who claims to take their spot. So taking a town-controlled kill out of the game would not be pro-town, and thus is a good reason for me NOT to be the person that recruits Eddie.

ppe 2
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 09, 2020, 08:40:29 pm »

I just assumed the reporter ability cost 15 for...some reason. That muddied my conclusions. Using the Reporter ability is now NAI instead of just a bad play regardless of alignment.

What I was saying is that by spending 15 spheres you would be signaling you couldn't vig, because if you could vig then you wouldn't spent 15 spheres. Obviously this is wrong if it costs less.

Understatement of the game haha

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 09, 2020, 08:42:09 pm »

Actually, with the thieving service (which is a phrase that doesn't appear in any public descriptions or flavor), I think that's actually a scum slip and Vote: MiX

He was pretty clearly talking about the protection service.

I was busy replying to content a second ago and just realized, this is some nice white knighting you're doing here.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 09, 2020, 08:42:42 pm »

To circle back to a different topic, people (maybe faust) made comments like there's no pro-town reason to not claim to Eddie, even if it's a claim, die, replaced scenario. There is.

Eddie said he gets the wincon of the claimer, he didn't say anything about the abilities. In fact I think it's unlikely that he would start the game as not a knight radiant and then become one later, even if he does kill the person who claims to take their spot. So taking a town-controlled kill out of the game would not be pro-town, and thus is a good reason for me NOT to be the person that recruits Eddie.

ppe 2

Really? My first assumption was that he was a Squire.

Actually, with the thieving service (which is a phrase that doesn't appear in any public descriptions or flavor), I think that's actually a scum slip and Vote: MiX

He was pretty clearly talking about the protection service.

I was busy replying to content a second ago and just realized, this is some nice white knighting you're doing here.

Gimme a break, people trying to understand what I mean is NAI. I'm pretty confusing.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 09, 2020, 09:01:19 pm »

faust

There are a lot more note-worthy posts here than for other re-reads. I have them saved if I need to use them down the track, but I'm not going to use them now; I'll just give my overall thoughts.

I'd like to know why faust is scumreading and calling for votes on EFHW. Is that still a thing?

I'm not convinced that the Dustbringer thing was pro-Town, but I don't think it makes faust scummy.

faust's feeling on Galz, cayvie and the GHS wagon are somewhat similar to mine.

I need to better understand the whole Eddie/Dylan thing.

Overall I would put faust as moderately Towny. I'm not sure I would ever fully trust him because I think he's more than capable of seeming very Towny as scum, but I'm not interesting in lynching him Today.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #785 on: June 09, 2020, 09:02:48 pm »

MiX, I don’t follow your sudden change of heart on Dylan.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #786 on: June 09, 2020, 09:04:16 pm »

ppe 2

This is what I was trying to say earlier.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 09, 2020, 09:07:05 pm »

Without a mechanical result on Dylan, which I tried to find and failed, I think he's townie for using 5 stormlight to do nothing. As town he has no use for it, as scum he might.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 09, 2020, 09:08:20 pm »

My guess is that he realized I was right that a real dustbringer is more likely to make the specific mistake he saw than someone who was lying about it.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 09, 2020, 09:09:31 pm »

My guess is that he realized I was right that a real dustbringer is more likely to make the specific mistake he saw than someone who was lying about it.

Or not. I wonder how your last post showed up without me seeing a ppe

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 09, 2020, 09:10:02 pm »

I mean, yes, and then I realized there can be scum dustbringers...then I came up with the reasoning I gave Glooble. I was townreading you before, so after my accusations are proven to be baseless I still think you're town. Overall the way you defended yourself was NAI, sadly.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #791 on: June 09, 2020, 09:17:05 pm »

Ok I’m also going back to

Vote: hypercube

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 09, 2020, 09:49:41 pm »

Have we heard from Eddie about Dylan's report on their QT? I'd like to hear what he has to say about it.

I'm very confused about Dylan saying he didn't full claim to Eddie. What is left to claim? Was there more Eddie wanted included?

Someone just suggested Eddie could be a squire. That's a good idea, but I think it's pretty clear he is Wit. I said as much and Eddie confirmed it. Wit is the king's insulter in chief. In the books he is pretty clearly aligned with good and I wouldn't expect him to have nefarious powers. Maybe Wit is his fake-claim and that's the reason for all the rhyming?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 09, 2020, 09:50:25 pm »

Eddie did the QT thing two times. Who did he contact the first time around?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 09, 2020, 09:51:18 pm »

Have we heard from Eddie about Dylan's report on their QT? I'd like to hear what he has to say about it.

I'm very confused about Dylan saying he didn't full claim to Eddie. What is left to claim? Was there more Eddie wanted included?

Someone just suggested Eddie could be a squire. That's a good idea, but I think it's pretty clear he is Wit. I said as much and Eddie confirmed it. Wit is the king's insulter in chief. In the books he is pretty clearly aligned with good and I wouldn't expect him to have nefarious powers. Maybe Wit is his fake-claim and that's the reason for all the rhyming?

I'm fairly certain he denied it...although I would have to go back and check. We don't actually know much about his powers, so he could be faking that he's a bard.

Me.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: June 09, 2020, 09:56:09 pm »

Nice details mail-mi!

Sounds like Eddie is claiming Wit, a mysterious fellow who also goes by Hoid and appears in all the cosmere books, not just this series.

vote: joth. No lynch seems bad for town and his reasons were strange.

The little man gave an exaggerated act of embarrassment.

"It seems that my reputation hath extended its way into your mind. Although, I must say, many of those writings approach legend more-so than fact. Primarily because I have not read them, and am making no attempt to recreate the character depicted in them."

He can still be Wit, but it seems he's denying knowing what that is.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 09, 2020, 09:57:59 pm »

oh! Did he ask you to full claim so he could join your alignment?

PPE: I read that as a confirmation. I guess it could be interpreted either way.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 09, 2020, 09:59:35 pm »

oh! Did he ask you to full claim so he could join your alignment?

PPE: I read that as a confirmation. I guess it could be interpreted either way.

Sadly no.

Interesting. In any other circumstance I would argue endlessly how that cannot be seen as a confirmation, and yet the response is weird for someone that knows nothing.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 09, 2020, 10:44:28 pm »

Me. In the first 24 hours of the game day.

He asked questions, but said nothing about the information allowing him to do anything. I did not answer all of his questions because I wasn’t sure I could trust him. He said he can talk to anyone, but only one at a time.

I think there have been more targets than just me and Dylan. When he told people to check their QTs the first time,  I had already spoken with him.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 09, 2020, 10:45:45 pm »

What did he want to know?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 14 queries.