Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 271259 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #750 on: June 09, 2020, 04:58:47 pm »

But more importantly, what do you think town!Dylan was scared of?

Death.

Death is scarier if you’re scum than if you’re town. Obviously. But also can’t fault a player for wanting to continue playing past day one. And also to not have town lose access to his vig shot.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 09, 2020, 05:18:27 pm »

Death.

Death is scarier if you’re scum than if you’re town. Obviously. But also can’t fault a player for wanting to continue playing past day one. And also to not have town lose access to his vig shot.

He doesn't have a vig shot.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 09, 2020, 05:25:07 pm »

I don't see why cayvie can't throw shade and not scumread Dylan at the same time. I'm also fairly confident Dylan didn't have 50 infused spheres so he couldn't do anything useful anyway. I don't understand why people are scumreading Dylan besides not fullclaiming to Uncle (because that I would understand). He claimed, he spent stormlight, scum does it too...it feels like it's obfuscating anyone from having a real read on him.
Not claiming to Eddie is by miles the bestest alignment indicating thing that happened all game.

Plus cayvie was suspecting me for throwing shade at her and not scumreading her, would be a little disingenuous if she did the same thing.

What? I was suspecting you for throwing shade at me in response to my case on GHS.

Felt like you were defending GHS by discrediting the attacker, instead of engaging with the case on GHS.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 09, 2020, 05:25:57 pm »

I've argued against him enough.

Vote: Dylan, why did you tell scum you don't have a vig shot?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 09, 2020, 05:32:05 pm »

@Cayvie: I’m a bit surprised that you see that as a good tactic after our champs game where our abusing of the public town core gave us a sweep.

Have you seen it in effect at MU working out for town as well?

Rhand, I think it is a strategy that will likely work much better with a higher level of overall quality of participation.

I have seen it work, though not in champs qualifiers. I suspect it will be the dominant strategy in semis.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #755 on: June 09, 2020, 05:45:35 pm »

Death.

How do you know that?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 09, 2020, 05:46:52 pm »

Death.

How do you know that?

If you started with at least 65 infused spheres, would you spend 15 stormlight telling everyone you're a vig? Me neither.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #757 on: June 09, 2020, 05:56:20 pm »

Death.

How do you know that?

If you started with at least 65 infused spheres, would you spend 15 stormlight telling everyone you're a vig? Me neither.

Based on my own stormlight allocation it doesn’t seem outside the realm of possibility that Dylan would have enough for both powers. But even if he didn’t, stormlight can be recharged.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 09, 2020, 05:59:14 pm »

Based on my own stormlight allocation it doesn’t seem outside the realm of possibility that Dylan would have enough for both powers. But even if he didn’t, stormlight can be recharged.

If you were a vig with at least 65 infused spheres, you use your vig shot N1 and then pay the thievery service to get a second vig. There's no world you do anything other than that.

Let's face it: what did Dylan gain by spending 15 spheres? He could've just said he had that ability, and then he would be counterclaimed if he was lying. Instead he spent 15 stormlight for nothing.

Maybe this makes no sense as any alignment.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #759 on: June 09, 2020, 06:50:24 pm »

If you were a vig with at least 65 infused spheres, you use your vig shot N1 and then pay the thievery service to get a second vig. There's no world you do anything other than that.

Let's face it: what did Dylan gain by spending 15 spheres? He could've just said he had that ability, and then he would be counterclaimed if he was lying. Instead he spent 15 stormlight for nothing.

Yeah, you make a fair point. Like, you have a tendency to say "A player in this position would always do this" When what you really mean is "I would do this in this position" but in this case you're right, Dylan's logic is weird.

vote: Dylan

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #760 on: June 09, 2020, 06:53:10 pm »

I was townreading him early day but the combination of his story of his conversation with Eddie and his mod post doesn't add up to a town narrative I can figure out. Like, to me, the only reason not to take Eddie's deal as town is thinking your role is more valuable, but if you think your role is valuable, why claim and why claim in a way that uses up stormlight?

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 09, 2020, 06:55:43 pm »

Yeah, you make a fair point. Like, you have a tendency to say "A player in this position would always do this" When what you really mean is "I would do this in this position" but in this case you're right, Dylan's logic is weird.

vote: Dylan

For this game and the future: I'm incredibly bad at knowing what people would do in a given situation, so I just give my perspective on the situation and wait for people to say why they wouldn't do the same.

PPE: My problem with all of this is it doesn't make sense regardless of his alignment. Why would he choose to do what he has done if he wants to win? WIFOM?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 09, 2020, 07:07:40 pm »

I didn't spend 15 on the reporter ability, it was 5. I'll be back with more thoughts later
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 09, 2020, 07:14:37 pm »

@Cayvie: ok. It is a tactic that works.

Did he say the cost for that message is 15? That’s expensive for just a message.
It’s weird. If I had a role that can be proven publicly, I would not have used it in the claim. He lost the shot of counterclaiming now.
But I fail to see why it makes him scum. Using it is not optimal as either alignment.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 09, 2020, 07:15:13 pm »

I didn't spend 15 on the reporter ability, it was 5. I'll be back with more thoughts later
Oh. Makes more sense.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: June 09, 2020, 07:18:33 pm »

Vote: hypercube

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 09, 2020, 07:44:11 pm »

Dustbringers can compose a message up to 500 characters that the mod will include in bold in their next post. If I had been on and seen Faust's post before more people had already went along with the plan, I'd have pushed back against it. As it is, I would have been able to tell if people lied once they fake claimed it once they couldn't actually use this ability. I guess it would have been hard to communicate that without claiming anyway, so I don't know. I'm pretty salty and don't think people would have gone along with that if anyone other than Faust proposed it... Also, there are 2 surges that give access to the vig surge and to the ninja/drain surge. Why not just have all 3 surges claim. I get that ninja vig would be really bad, but it takes quite a few spheres to do each, and it would likely take long enough to have both available the same night (including having to steal) that it wasn't likely to happen, at the very least not for a few days.

This was a contradiction when I saw it and it's a contradiction now.

Dylan what's your win condition?

Vote: Dylan

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 09, 2020, 07:59:28 pm »

Dustbringers can compose a message up to 500 characters that the mod will include in bold in their next post. If I had been on and seen Faust's post before more people had already went along with the plan, I'd have pushed back against it. As it is, I would have been able to tell if people lied once they fake claimed it once they couldn't actually use this ability. I guess it would have been hard to communicate that without claiming anyway, so I don't know. I'm pretty salty and don't think people would have gone along with that if anyone other than Faust proposed it... Also, there are 2 surges that give access to the vig surge and to the ninja/drain surge. Why not just have all 3 surges claim. I get that ninja vig would be really bad, but it takes quite a few spheres to do each, and it would likely take long enough to have both available the same night (including having to steal) that it wasn't likely to happen, at the very least not for a few days.

I don't see what you see as a contradiction. I did say surge when I meant order, but if I had used the right word, then there was no contradiction there.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 09, 2020, 08:02:25 pm »

I don't see what you see as a contradiction. I did say surge when I meant order, but if I had used the right word, then there was no contradiction there.

But there's no "ninja/drain" surge. There's a vig/drain surge, and a ninja surge. And a Dustbringer would know that.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 09, 2020, 08:04:12 pm »

2 orders that give access to the vig surge and 2 orders that give access to the ninja surge, which is true.

And as for my wincon, I'm town, and since quoting is forbidden, I win when all threats to town are gone.

ppe 1

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 09, 2020, 08:06:46 pm »

But there's no "ninja/drain" surge. There's a vig/drain surge, and a ninja surge. And a Dustbringer would know that.

Obviously I'm biased since I know what I'm about to say is what happened. But don't you think that a real dustbringer (who has access to all the abilities) would be more likely to confuse which surge his possible powers come from as opposed to someone who had to look closely at the surges to in order to plan a fakeclaim?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 09, 2020, 08:08:18 pm »

Obviously I'm biased since I know what I'm about to say is what happened. But don't you think that a real dustbringer (who has access to all the abilities) would be more likely to confuse which surge his possible powers come from as opposed to someone who had to look closely at the surges to in order to plan a fakeclaim?

After all, the surge info is all public info, so that's something that someone is more likely to mess up after reading the two surges at the same time in their QT at the beginning of the game than someone who is deciding "is this something I want to fake, so what do I need to know here."

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 09, 2020, 08:14:55 pm »

There are so many assumptions in this post, it's not even funny. Let's run them down:
1) at least 65 infused spheres
2) able to afford vig shot N1
-----
tangent: What do you mean pay the thievery service? Stealing is a free action, and unless you have a special power that I don't know about, you almost certainly wouldn't get enough from stealing from 1 person to afford a 2nd vig shot. A role power to pay to steal that much from other people sounds like an almost certainly anti-town ability.
-----
3) No world you do anything else (people do less than ideal actions all the time, especially me as I have established many times over).
4) I spent 15 spheres (wrong)
5) I already said all the reasons I chose to do it in a previous post, so saying I had nothing to gain is just wrong.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 09, 2020, 08:16:43 pm »

Actually, with the thieving service (which is a phrase that doesn't appear in any public descriptions or flavor), I think that's actually a scum slip and Vote: MiX

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #774 on: June 09, 2020, 08:24:51 pm »

Actually, with the thieving service (which is a phrase that doesn't appear in any public descriptions or flavor), I think that's actually a scum slip and Vote: MiX

He was pretty clearly talking about the protection service.

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 16 queries.