Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 270342 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2020, 04:36:31 pm »

It wouldn't be that easy to hide, because we just have everyone claim who talked in their house, and the people who aren't backed up were hiding. If scum tries to back each other up, then they would have to fake being in a house on their own, thereby linking them all together.

I don't know if that was clear. Say there are 4 people in a house, 1 of them is scum and tries to hide by not talking. The other 3 would back up each other's claims to be in that house, but if the person hiding tries to claim the house, they will out them as either just missing the chance to post, or lying or hiding. If that person tries to fake claim a non-existent house, either A) flavor will reveal the lie  (i.e. "My Hogwarts house is Braveheart.") or B) Other scum would have to also claim that made up house in order to cover the lie.

So I don't think that's something we should claim yet, although we should all plan on at least posting once during the highstorm so that no one can claim that they just didn't want to post there and it can be verified who is in what house later.

ppe 3
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2020, 04:46:07 pm »

18 people is way too many people and I never know how to play these Day 1s. Also HI.

Bold suggestion you are all going to hate, but I have to put it out there anyway: We No Lynch Day 1.

Why? Two reasons.

1) There's an even number of us so we're going to have to do it eventually.
2) Everybody has approximately 1 million powers so we're likely to learn a lot in the night.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2020, 04:47:27 pm »

Actually not talking in houses is incredibly difficult and thus claiming them is meh. Sometimes it's useful, but usually I think it's not.

So...I think we shouldn't do it as it would just clutter. Mine's out there I don't think a single one matters that much.

It will clutter in the future regardless?

I mean clutter D1. Yes things that are useful for scumhunting will clutter when they're not immediately useful.

18 people is way too many people and I never know how to play these Day 1s. Also HI.

Bold suggestion you are all going to hate, but I have to put it out there anyway: We No Lynch Day 1.

Why? Two reasons.

2) Everybody has approximately 1 million powers so we're likely to learn a lot in the night.

Which is why lynching is safe because we can't kill That One PR. Lynching means we have way better targets anyway, and scum get to feel pressured which is always fun.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2020, 04:48:41 pm »

I do not hate Joth’s idea.

MiX, what do you think of Eddie’s posts? Is he making the game more awesome? Or is this a requirement?

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2020, 04:49:30 pm »

MiX, what do you think of Eddie’s posts? Is he making the game more awesome? Or is this a requirement?

He's making the game excellent while claiming. I think his claim's scummy.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2020, 04:49:54 pm »

Why? Two reasons.

Reason 2) not terrible.
Reason 1) This assumes only one killing role exists, which in a game this big has a decent likelihood of not being true.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2020, 04:50:48 pm »

Hi everyone! Good to be back in a game again. For those I haven't played with before, I use he/him pronouns and you can call me cube or hyper or xyrix or whatever variations you like.

Let's start with a vote: Dylan for PR hunting.

I don't see a pressing reason to no lynch now. We could have protective roles, a vig, etc. to change the player parity.
I have sigs off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2020, 04:50:56 pm »

Why? Two reasons.

Reason 2) not terrible.
Reason 1) This assumes only one killing role exists, which in a game this big has a decent likelihood of not being true.

Fair point.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2020, 04:52:21 pm »

Hi everyone! Good to be back in a game again. For those I haven't played with before, I use he/him pronouns and you can call me cube or hyper or xyrix or whatever variations you like.

I don't see a pressing reason to no lynch now. We could have protective roles, a vig, etc. to change the player parity.

In what way am I PR hunting? I literally was saying the same thing you did in that last line.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2020, 04:52:39 pm »

The claim is that he’s third party?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2020, 04:54:13 pm »

Another question, Mix, would you trust him?

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2020, 04:54:38 pm »

In what way am I PR hunting? I literally was saying the same thing you did in that last line.

If someone decides it's important to preserve their spheres from theft, not talking in the house QT is one way to do that.
I have sigs off.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2020, 04:55:33 pm »

Which most of the time is anti-town (or could at least flip that direction later), and so is inherently more lynchable than null.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2020, 04:56:05 pm »

That wasn't exactly what I picked up from him, but could be, sure.

PPE: Why did you answer?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2020, 04:56:49 pm »

"My curiosity piqued, I must press further. What doest thou believe me to have claimed?

"As a general statement to all that are present in this game, in a crowd of this size it can be easy to forget to take some Quiet Time for yourself. I urge you all to regularly take such Quiet Times, in the event that information could be gleaned while in them."
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2020, 04:57:14 pm »

If someone decides it's important to preserve their spheres from theft, not talking in the house QT is one way to do that.

I mean, if someone chooses to recharge their sphere's during a highstorm, they could be stolen regardless of whether or not they talk in the house just by being in that house.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2020, 04:58:51 pm »

"My curiosity piqued, I must press further. What doest thou believe me to have claimed?

"As a general statement to all that are present in this game, in a crowd of this size it can be easy to forget to take some Quiet Time for yourself. I urge you all to regularly take such Quiet Times, in the event that information could be gleaned while in them."

I won't answer, in case I'm right.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2020, 04:59:50 pm »

I mean, if someone chooses to recharge their sphere's during a highstorm, they could be stolen regardless of whether or not they talk in the house just by being in that house.

If they don't talk in the house, you don't know you can steal from them.
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2020, 05:00:43 pm »

Nevermind, my theory's wrong.

Uncle's fun null, which means he's null.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2020, 05:01:14 pm »

How many naps are you having?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2020, 05:01:42 pm »

And actually, this brings up a good point on the whole claiming house idea.  It would be beneficial for anyone to be the last person standing in their house, as they could recharge spheres freely without risk of theft (barring secondary, role-related methods of theft). So as soon as that knowledge is out there, it could affect how people vote (and how scum kills). So we should not claim to get true reads and opinions out before anyone can start trying to use that knowledge strategically.

ppe several

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2020, 05:03:16 pm »

If they don't talk in the house, you don't know you can steal from them.

It wasn't my understanding that you have to target a specific person. I think it's just if anyone left some out and you decide to steal, you take whatever was out (or a portion of it, I don't remember).

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Now Open!)
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2020, 05:04:36 pm »

5. Thieving: Each player has the chance to steal other players' spheres that they left out during a highstorm. Players can only steal from members of their same House. To attempt to steal, a player posts Steal from PlayerY in their personal QT during a highstorm. If only 1 person steals from PlayerX, they will receive half of the spheres that PlayerX left out in the highstorm. If two players steal from PlayerX, each player will receive one third of the spheres that PlayerX left out in the highstorm, and etc.

Someone didn't read the setup.

Vote: Dylan

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2020, 05:06:02 pm »

And actually, this brings up a good point on the whole claiming house idea.  It would be beneficial for anyone to be the last person standing in their house, as they could recharge spheres freely without risk of theft (barring secondary, role-related methods of theft). So as soon as that knowledge is out there, it could affect how people vote (and how scum kills). So we should not claim to get true reads and opinions out before anyone can start trying to use that knowledge strategically.

ppe several

On the other hand, this is a townslip.

Vote: cayvie

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Now Open!)
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2020, 05:06:55 pm »

5. Thieving: Each player has the chance to steal other players' spheres that they left out during a highstorm. Players can only steal from members of their same House. To attempt to steal, a player posts Steal from PlayerY in their personal QT during a highstorm. If only 1 person steals from PlayerX, they will receive half of the spheres that PlayerX left out in the highstorm. If two players steal from PlayerX, each player will receive one third of the spheres that PlayerX left out in the highstorm, and etc.

Someone didn't read the setup.

Vote: Dylan

That's NAI from me, and also I did, but it was back when I first /in'd to the game. Good luck remembering every detail of the setup for that long.

ppe 1
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.