Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M126: Game Over, Town Wins!  (Read 114402 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M126: Everyone Take Day Five
« Reply #825 on: April 30, 2020, 10:50:58 am »

Oh, there's a caveat: I wanted to go ISO everyone after the UB claim, if we're doing it.

So I'd like for you to claim if you are/are not now.

I'm not UB because I self-pres'd on LL which I had no need to as UB.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 30, 2020, 11:05:37 am »

Yeah, quoting ash, but you caught that.

You're right on dylan - swan, that was a typo, it should've been swan > dylan.

I'm not going to explain any detail tonight, as it's 1am on a work night. But honestly I'm not sure there's much detail as this only showed order, not distance.

Here it is again, with distance, where the fewer >, the easier it would be for me to swap them.

yuma > ash >>> mix  >>>>> swan > dylan > didds >>∞>> scolapasta

Hope that makes sense.

ok get some sleep... and all good but then come back and explain why Dylan is more lynch able than WCD????

OK, I can remove my self from the list of course.

Dylan was greater than didds, only because of the two no nks leaving a small possibility that there is a doctor.

I am happy with plan that doctor claim now, so if that doesn't happen, I am happy to switch them in order and consider Dylan IC.

The main reason I have Didds as almost IC is that she's lynched both mafia, while at the same time not posting much. i.e. I could imagine a plan where mafia gets together and says ok, let's actively work to lynch two of us, with the third person looking very towny. But for that to work, that person needs to be very active and pushing those. i.e Swan. That said, I currently don't think that happened, just that it's a possibility. But not with low activity.

So does anyone suspect anything of Didds? Of not, and we can agree we have two (almost) ICs with her and Dylan. I'd say they'd both be night targets except for this weirdness with no NKs.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 30, 2020, 11:07:05 am »

If Didds is scum, she would have to simultaneously bus the crap out both scum D1 and not NK twice out of her own volition.

That is to say, I'm scared. But I don't want to believe it can be her.

Scola, what do you think of the UB claim?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 30, 2020, 11:23:13 am »

Good question. I think I lean towards them claiming today? But I can see an argument for them waiting until "tomorrow".

Obv with 3 left, it's too late.

Unrelated, I am curious to hear what DatSwan's plan for Dylan and Didds is? He seems to agree with me that Dylan and Didds re basically IC, so if he and I trust each other, we could have a bloc of 4 there.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 30, 2020, 11:31:21 am »

If Didds is scum, she would have to simultaneously bus the crap out both scum D1 and not NK twice out of her own volition.

Yeah, I’m not made like that
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 30, 2020, 11:36:02 am »

Yeah, I’m not made like that

Which is why I have you below Dylan (but not for long; doesn't seem like a Doc claim is coming).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 30, 2020, 12:40:38 pm »

Vote: yuma. At some point we will quit trying to be fancy and will actually lynch the person who throughout the game made the strongest defenses of lynched scum and has been one of the two or three people that has pushed the hardest against town.  I hope it's today.
My single and only response.

I am not trying to be fancy. I legitimately feel like I am really lost in reading people in this game. It sucks. Sorry? I think we are still going to win despite that. I actually kinda feel embarrassed how bad my reads have been this game.

I did have the strongest defenses of confirmed scum.

I have been quite strong against players that are now confirmed townie or nearly confirmed townie.

I hope it isn't today because I am selfish and want to not be out of a game and the next game probably won't start until this is finished. So that it takes a day longer than it needs to is lame, but that is just the personal gain for me.

If you’re town, I feel you and remember having games like that, and I’m sorry. But I’m not saying you’re trying to be fancy, the rest of town is. Like you’re interactions with both dead scum D2 are the kind of interactions you dream of finding when scumhunting, and yet here they are and it feels like no one is even taking them seriously, instead obsessing over the Ash/MiX debates.  In a game where of several different options, Occam’s Razor has held (person who scummily didn’t hammer the scummy D1 wagon was simply scum not hammering scum, not some unfortunately misplay or excuse from town), it seems at least likely enough to warrant a lynch one of the next 2 days (preferably earlier than later) in order to at the very least rule out the most obvious and simplest explanation for who the partner is.
Totally

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 30, 2020, 01:33:47 pm »

So I went to look back at my PM to make sure I am town.

Just in case I had completely missed that I am scum and hadn't realized it and was messing everything up. That would be embarrassing. But I am town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 30, 2020, 01:34:30 pm »

Oh, there's a caveat: I wanted to go ISO everyone after the UB claim, if we're doing it.

You already claimed you weren't right? So did I.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 30, 2020, 01:35:25 pm »

So I went to look back at my PM to make sure I am town.

Just in case I had completely missed that I am scum and hadn't realized it and was messing everything up. That would be embarrassing. But I am town.

You have no idea how many times I did this this game.

Does the green text hide a link to the scum QT? Does "Vanilla Town" (or w/e it says not quoting it) mean I'm a goon?

Can I bus without knowing my partners?

You already claimed you weren't right? So did I.

If you're talking about D3, the UB was meant to claim VT there.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 30, 2020, 02:06:19 pm »

So things I'm generally waiting for at this point:

More on DatSwan's plan
More thoughts from the mostly quiet Didds

Barring those, I'm still up for an either yuma or ash lynch.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 30, 2020, 02:12:32 pm »

More on DatSwan's plan

I don’t know that I have additional thoughts, although I can articulate some of the things I agree with. (It’s also hysterical that I’m “quiet Didds” because in any context that is patently false!)

I agree that you, Swan, Dylan, and I can act as a block. Absent some new information (we have seen Swan yet today) lynch MiX, Ash, and Yuma in some order. (Ash has built a robust case on MiX so it would be easy enough to test his theory.)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 30, 2020, 02:18:18 pm »

What I like about this idea is that with a 4 person bloc, we'll have the majority on each of the 3 days, even if we get NK each night.

The danger of course is if one of us the remaining mafia.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 30, 2020, 02:26:23 pm »

More on DatSwan's plan

I don’t know that I have additional thoughts, although I can articulate some of the things I agree with. (It’s also hysterical that I’m “quiet Didds” because in any context that is patently false!)

I agree that you, Swan, Dylan, and I can act as a block. Absent some new information (we have seen Swan yet today) lynch MiX, Ash, and Yuma in some order. (Ash has built a robust case on MiX so it would be easy enough to test his theory.)

Swan talked early this day.  Also said they wouldn't really be looking to vote for either Ash or MiX today, but had made up their mind which they would choose if they had to choose one first.

So I'm starting to second guess myself a little. Like what are the odds Ash vs MiX is town v town, and Yuma has genuinely just had a not-great town game at the same time? Of the currently discussed town block, there is one person I'm a bit worried about, even though I've pretty much thought they were towny the whole game, but I'm trying to decide if it's worth really digging into or just going with the obvious and tipping the hat if they've actually managed to look this towny as scum...
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 30, 2020, 03:13:30 pm »

my plan no longer matters. it essentially is what is being talked about already. Now that mix has claimed not UB it no longer holds any merit. womp womp.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: April 30, 2020, 03:14:25 pm »

my plan no longer matters. it essentially is what is being talked about already. Now that mix has claimed not UB it no longer holds any merit. womp womp.

oh but essentially, the end result was to iso *not* ub out of the ash/mix duo
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 30, 2020, 03:20:31 pm »

oh but essentially, the end result was to iso *not* ub out of the ash/mix duo

What do you think about an UB massclaim?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 30, 2020, 03:27:11 pm »

I cant decide.
The approach I had in mind was more to isolate pools of people (or possible pairs) and choose one to have claim. But the pairing was based soley on my personal bias of my reads.

Mass claim UB may be something that can work today. but for not speaking about them reasons... if we do it we should wait a smig.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 30, 2020, 03:30:54 pm »

I cant decide.
The approach I had in mind was more to isolate pools of people (or possible pairs) and choose one to have claim. But the pairing was based soley on my personal bias of my reads.

Mass claim UB may be something that can work today. but for not speaking about them reasons... if we do it we should wait a smig.

Boooo I wanted someone else to be UB.

Whatever, we still win.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 30, 2020, 03:34:34 pm »

Vote Count 5.1

MiX (2): ashersky, yuma
ashersky (1): MiX
yuma (1): Dylan32

Not Voting (3): WestCoastDidds, DatSwan, scolapasta

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Day Five begins ends at 8 pm forum time May 6th. (Fixed a mod error with the deadline, I had the wrong time)
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 30, 2020, 04:45:35 pm »

I cant decide.

Whatever, we still win.

wanna make super super super clear that I am in no way shape or form claiming UB - I have already claimed VT multiple times and that is what I am.

If my wording insinuated otherwise it was un intentional.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 30, 2020, 04:47:03 pm »

I cant decide.

Whatever, we still win.

wanna make super super super clear that I am in no way shape or form claiming UB - I have already claimed VT multiple times and that is what I am.

If my wording insinuated otherwise it was un intentional.

I was joking and/or I realized that shortly after.

I just want to stop thinking everyone other than you and Dylan is scum. It's driving me insane.

I think yuma is town and Didds is scum based on their votes. Does that tell you my level of insanity?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 30, 2020, 04:57:19 pm »

So, if the 4 I proposed as a block like that idea - who do we lynch?

Swan seems to not want Mix or Ash, though I don't fully follow why. That leaves yuma.

(of course, I don't know if we've gotten buy in from dylan or swan on this fully).

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 30, 2020, 05:06:32 pm »

Swan seems to not want Mix or Ash, though I don't fully follow why. That leaves yuma.

(of course, I don't know if we've gotten buy in from dylan or swan on this fully).

I'm okay with any of them, especially if someone has a strong opinion. Ash's case on Mix is more comprehensive than anything anyone else has created, so that's a fine idea by me, too.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 30, 2020, 05:09:31 pm »

I'm okay with any of them, especially if someone has a strong opinion. Ash's case on Mix is more comprehensive than anything anyone else has created, so that's a fine idea by me, too.

Can...we...lynch...you...?

I can't think properly anymore.

If there's a block of 4, the lynch order doesn't matter, you lynch the 3 outside of it.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.