Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211930 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #1275 on: March 29, 2020, 05:06:44 pm »

I have no feelings on Didds, one way or the other.  Cayvie's points made sense, I guess, as a case to be made, but they seem to point out pretty bad scum play, which I generally don't like to assume.

Thanks, Ashersky! I genuinely appreciate the assumption that I am somewhat better than pretty bad. : )
you are, in fact, a sneaky sneaker of a scum.

#goals
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1276 on: March 29, 2020, 05:09:26 pm »

I’m down for vote: Scola

The D1 pass has expired, so now the scummy stuff from then is more actionable

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 29, 2020, 05:09:52 pm »

I think that put him at 5 (L-3)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 29, 2020, 05:17:10 pm »

I’m down for vote: Scola

The D1 pass has expired, so now the scummy stuff from then is more actionable

Checking in to say that I would also vote for scola.

I need to reread, setup my VCA and get conclusions before voting, however.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 29, 2020, 07:46:44 pm »

Sigh. It's interesting to me that my first game aspect has only been used to cite things to my detriment, i.e my not voting for either raptor or mail-mi is just because I haven't played any games with you to have a good ability to read. Especially D1, when there's so little to go, except making arguments based on strategy.

I get that I don't get a pass anymore for D1 newbie status, but I think it's still fair to consider that I am new enough to not be able to decide / assert things based on past game personalities.

I think I'm one of the few that argued strongly for not revealing either round claim or # claim, which I still think was a very bad idea as town. It seems reasonable to think that there was no scum nk on N1 because they, knowing she was #1, tried to kill WDD, but someone else saved them. Or who knows, maybe she's the poisoned one and is already dying.

I'm not going to claim my item or role just yet, but I will say it's a role that I think would've been better for scum to have and that I'm not sure how to use effectively.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 29, 2020, 07:49:03 pm »

Actually, now that I think about it, that last sentence is probably an argument for sacrificing me over someone who has a role they know how to use better. Double sigh.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 29, 2020, 08:01:31 pm »

scolapasta, out of ADK, Shraeye, Jimmm and Ashersky, who would you prefer to lynch today?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 29, 2020, 08:12:14 pm »

scolapasta, out of ADK, Shraeye, Jimmm and Ashersky, who would you prefer to lynch today?

Hmm, good question. I still don't follow why Shraeye came out against me D1, but I'm no longer as convinced that that's a reason to OMGUS. I actually have a new theory (that I'm not quite ready to share) that leads me to think they might be town.

I still like ash, because I still think his faust misunderstanding felt deliberate and I was not on board for his reveal plan.

I don't have much of any read on Jimmmm and ADK. Let me go review their posts and see if I come up with anything.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 29, 2020, 08:20:27 pm »

Sigh. It's interesting to me that my first game aspect has only been used to cite things to my detriment, i.e my not voting for either raptor or mail-mi is just because I haven't played any games with you to have a good ability to read. Especially D1, when there's so little to go, except making arguments based on strategy.

I get that I don't get a pass anymore for D1 newbie status, but I think it's still fair to consider that I am new enough to not be able to decide / assert things based on past game personalities.

I think I'm one of the few that argued strongly for not revealing either round claim or # claim, which I still think was a very bad idea as town. It seems reasonable to think that there was no scum nk on N1 because they, knowing she was #1, tried to kill WDD, but someone else saved them. Or who knows, maybe she's the poisoned one and is already dying.

I'm not going to claim my item or role just yet, but I will say it's a role that I think would've been better for scum to have and that I'm not sure how to use effectively.

I feel you on being the newbie and feeling like there is constant pressure/attention on you.  It's normal.

My advice is to acknowledge this is just part of the game -- we don't know you just as much as you don't know us.  Flipping you is necessary in developing that meta-read on you that will help us in future games.  So, you know, it's all part of your growth as an f.ds mafioso!

All that is to say, sorry in advance when you are lynched.

(It's also why you won't be NK'ed -- you are either scum or scum won't waste a shot on a newbie that will be lynched for being too new to read.)
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 29, 2020, 08:24:51 pm »

A little more on shraeye:

I don't follow this:

"But I CAN promise that scum won't kill #1."

"Because based on what I was thinking, #1 would very most likely be mafia.  So A) mafia don't kill themselves and B) we were going to lynch #1.  Hard to be the NK when you're already out."

The first is very definitive. And I really don't see how any D1 read (that #1 would most likely be mafia) can be so certain.

Again, that may just be style. Since they were also sure in the way they asserted I was scum.

This, of course, goes against my aforementioned theory, so :shrug:

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 29, 2020, 08:30:23 pm »

I feel you on being the newbie and feeling like there is constant pressure/attention on you.  It's normal.

My advice is to acknowledge this is just part of the game -- we don't know you just as much as you don't know us.  Flipping you is necessary in developing that meta-read on you that will help us in future games.  So, you know, it's all part of your growth as an f.ds mafioso!

All that is to say, sorry in advance when you are lynched.

(It's also why you won't be NK'ed -- you are either scum or scum won't waste a shot on a newbie that will be lynched for being too new to read.)

Yeah, sure. My point wasn't so much the attention - I get that. Just that it seems to be used mostly to justify that I could be scum, rather than either way.

i.e. I do think it's a fair argument to make that I didn't choose to lynch either raptor or mail-mil because I am scumm, didn't want to vote for my own team, and am too new to realize that's a newbie mistake*, BUT I think the equal and opposite argument is that because I'm new I am not reading the same type of things you guys are and that nothing they did seemed more scummy that the people i did vote for.

* I will also point out, while new to thus group, and these more complex rules, I'm not entirely new to the game. i.e. I've played enough to know that if you are scum, you should accuse your fellow scum some times.

Re: the NK part, I get that - it's actually related to my theory.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 29, 2020, 08:32:15 pm »

One thing I noticed rereading Jimmmm (I never know how many m's!) is that he pointed out mail-mi's possible "scumslip". Now I don't know how real these slips are, but it does seem to me that he wouldn't point this out if he were on the same team, especially since it could be seen as a mistake.

Of course he could still be on a 2nd scum team, but that has me leaning town for him. Now to ADK.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 29, 2020, 08:39:15 pm »

Lean town on ADK.

Question for the group:
There were several post from members about their thoughts on whether scum has chat / when. Obviously scum would know whether the did.

So do we think scum would a) stay silent on this topic, b) try to sound honest in saying something like "I was under the impression that...", or c) could be either so NAI?

I don't have an answer myself, maybe lean b, but probably c.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 29, 2020, 08:49:11 pm »

One thing I noticed rereading Jimmmm (I never know how many m's!) is that he pointed out mail-mi's possible "scumslip". Now I don't know how real these slips are, but it does seem to me that he wouldn't point this out if he were on the same team, especially since it could be seen as a mistake.

Of course he could still be on a 2nd scum team, but that has me leaning town for him. Now to ADK.

5 m's. He would most definitely point out the scumslip before anyone else could if they were buddies. What else about Jimmmmm pinged you?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 29, 2020, 08:58:10 pm »

5 m's. He would most definitely point out the scumslip before anyone else could if they were buddies. What else about Jimmmmm pinged you?

Why most definitely?

On Jimmmmm, mostly that I agreed with his logic, I guess. i.e. nothing jumped out at me as his doing anything different than he (as a generic player) would do if they weren't town. Which I know to some that is suspicious, but then you're in princess bride territory.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1290 on: March 29, 2020, 09:05:10 pm »

Lean town on ADK.

Question for the group:
There were several post from members about their thoughts on whether scum has chat / when. Obviously scum would know whether the did.

So do we think scum would a) stay silent on this topic, b) try to sound honest in saying something like "I was under the impression that...", or c) could be either so NAI?

I don't have an answer myself, maybe lean b, but probably c.

That just completely depends on the player. I personally would probably pretend to speculate, maybe come down on the opposite of the truth if I could find good justification to do so.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 29, 2020, 09:28:51 pm »

Vote Count 2.3:

scolapasta (5): faust, ADK, Cayvie, EFHW, WCD
WestCoastDidds (1): LaLight

Not Voting (8): Glooble, MiX, E!, Jimmm, Ashersky, scolapasta, Lekkit, Shraeye

With 14 alive, takes 8 players to lynch.
Deadline for Day 2 is April 2nd at 9:12pm Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 29, 2020, 09:46:03 pm »

Scola-

I appreciate that you are doing good work to try to piece together a scum narrative. I also echo Ashersky’s comment that it’s just hard to be new because you are unknown, but the good news is that really only lasts for a couple of games. It’s a small community so you can get up to speed quickly, if you’d like. I hope that you’ll keep playing with us....I swear it gets less frustrating!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 29, 2020, 09:52:27 pm »

Scola-

I appreciate that you are doing good work to try to piece together a scum narrative. I also echo Ashersky’s comment that it’s just hard to be new because you are unknown, but the good news is that really only lasts for a couple of games. It’s a small community so you can get up to speed quickly, if you’d like. I hope that you’ll keep playing with us....I swear it gets less frustrating!

Can confirm, every extra game here is another nail in my coffin...I mean uh it gets better and better!

Why are we treating scola as the obvious lynch here? Or are we just being friendly for the sake of it...

Why these specific individuals?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 29, 2020, 09:56:11 pm »

I’m not assuming he’s the lynch, just that I remember how frustrating this part was for me. And I really liked the way Ashersky phrases it.

But he’s doing heavy lifting in a way that some others haven’t.

Like, oh, hai! Glooble! How ya now? What do you think of Scola?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 30, 2020, 12:12:15 am »

I think my lynch pool is something like:

faust >>>>> Glooble/MiX/Jimmmmm/scola/Lekkit >>> WCD/EFHW/ADK/Cayvie/LaLight/2.7/shraeye

The order of names in the / groups are just as I read them from the vote count.  So three pools is the way to see it.  Want to lynch, good to lynch, not so good to lynch.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 30, 2020, 05:45:31 am »

faust >>>>> Glooble/MiX/Jimmmmm/scola/Lekkit >>> WCD/EFHW/ADK/Cayvie/LaLight/2.7/shraeye

The order of names in the / groups are just as I read them from the vote count.  So three pools is the way to see it.  Want to lynch, good to lynch, not so good to lynch.
Of course it is.

Not that it will mean much coming from me, but I think it'd be worth putting in some work to figure out more of an order among your "good to lynch" pool. I mean, D1 you produced a complete chum-to-scum, this seems like a step back.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 30, 2020, 05:48:30 am »

Back at you, mate. I know this is getting old, but I'm still waiting for you to share your scumreads.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 30, 2020, 06:38:47 am »

Of course it is.

Not that it will mean much coming from me, but I think it'd be worth putting in some work to figure out more of an order among your "good to lynch" pool. I mean, D1 you produced a complete chum-to-scum, this seems like a step back.

It was actually less work to just list everyone in order, since my opinions were not formed as much as now.  I agree that there is value to what you suggest.

Glooble and Lekkit are in there for not being very active (in my recollection).
scola is there based on having a high vote count and my aforementioned newbie problem.
MiX is there because MiX.
Jimmmmm is there because...well, he's probably my strong scum read of the group, but it's hard to verbalize.  He's got the sclurk going, with the sort of leading posts that let others do the work for him.  Town!Jimmmmm is generally forceful and useful and insightful -- this Jimmmmm has not been. 

So faust >>>>> Jimmmmm > MiX > scola >> Lekkit > Glooble

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 30, 2020, 06:39:44 am »

What will it take to get people to join the faust party?

I mean, is he immune to all but guilty results?  Do I need to produce one of those for you?

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.