Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211946 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #850 on: March 22, 2020, 10:50:44 pm »

I feel like MiX is being a bit different this game. Usually he is scumhunting much more, skipping his vote around to feel people out, with usually helpful results.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 22, 2020, 10:52:47 pm »

I think Cayvie’s chart is really interesting.

I agree that chattting generally build trust, but that does make it even more notable when it fails. I think it is somewhat scummy to avoid chatting because I can see someone not wanting to slip up or have to keep too many things straight. But it’s easy to fool one person, so not rock solid. I’ve had lots of neighborhoods in the past...and y’all know I am super chatty, but in my limited experience, folks who turned out to be scum communicated with me way less than town people did.

So, I also think the friction is interesting.

Faust, are you hearing more from Glooble in the cutie than on the game?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 22, 2020, 10:53:48 pm »

I don't understand how MiX is backing up ash's plan.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 22, 2020, 10:53:59 pm »

I feel like MiX is being a bit different this game. Usually he is scumhunting much more, skipping his vote around to feel people out, with usually helpful results.

This is a good point, and def in his scum persona. I should have some time to reread tomorrow.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 22, 2020, 11:39:24 pm »

Premise C: Talking one to one increases trust.

if true, that should be a blanket effect across the board, right?

And you can see that it increases trust for most except district 1 and 7, which I would consider a pretty blanket effect.

does it?

isn't 4-ish scum reads about what you'd expect with random reads?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 23, 2020, 12:11:12 am »

Hmm, you have a point. I'll have to look him over.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 23, 2020, 12:14:58 am »

On the other hand, we could move on other wagons, that would be much more productive.

This is very true.

Vote: mail-mi

Not productive. No one else gonna join me on LaLight?
Are you sure you aren't voting Lalight for just being Lalight?

I don't like his votes right now, as I pointed out before. I'll look him and MiX tomorrow.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 23, 2020, 12:15:29 am »

Glooble is on this game?

Vote: Glooble

I know that Glooble said work is really busy right now, so I'm giving him a bit of a pass.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 23, 2020, 02:57:51 am »

Faust, are you hearing more from Glooble in the cutie than on the game?
No; he's also not around in the QT. He was somewhat more active there prior to game start.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 23, 2020, 04:36:07 am »

Sorry that I have been MIA most of the day, I'm used to a much slower D1. I'm also admittedly not the best D1 scum hunter, And lean more to the observation portion, but I understand not getting involved isnt the play and will work on that for the remainder of the day.

I did a brief read through of what Ive missed.. will do an more extensive one in the morning

But for now my opinion on MailMi - We have not talked much, that could be the fact that he thinks i'm scummy and i'm a not a talkative person, based off what I've seen in the main thread I would lean toward him being town if i had to choose.

In addition, my scum short list would be MiX, Shraeye and LaLight. Cayvie and 2.7 would be town for me, for now, feeling pretty null on everyone else

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 23, 2020, 05:05:40 am »

Raptor has said about 2 things in our district QT so far. There is nothing to read from him in there; my scum read comes from in-thread stuff.

What is the scum read based on?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 23, 2020, 05:06:54 am »

I would usually have cayvie 100% town at this point, I just don't trust them since they had me tricked in less pressure.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #862 on: March 23, 2020, 06:38:24 am »

sorry I disappeared. It’s been a combination of work, very poor sleep due to anxiety, and animal crossing. I’ll trying and reread some folks today.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 23, 2020, 07:35:33 am »

It would be good for those on 1 person wagons to start thinking about consolidating.

What can we even consolidate towards? mail-mi? Raptor? Seems low effort, mail-mi is being himself and I forgot what raptor's been doing.

It's hard to scumhunt when you've been scum a bunch of times in a row and the one town game I had I didn't even get to have reads. Seriously, I'm out of practice. I still think I struck gold on the Jimmmmm vote, and my vote hopping helped getting there, also helps that I put a bunch of people out of my lynch list for today due to mechanical reasons.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #864 on: March 23, 2020, 07:37:03 am »

I think I find myself agreeing with e most here. Also I don't see the harm in round claiming, which is why I did it. There is a sort of benefit in dividing town into two groups, which can help with PoE.

I think draft order is a little too much info that's helpful to scum, not town.

How does dividing town into two essentially arbitrary groups help us?

Honestly, I'm not sure. However, it is information, and more information is almost always better, and I don't see how it can help scum.

I just ISO’d mail-mi. I’m going to reread a few others before I vote, but I wanted to highlight this whole exchange cause it’s the scummiest thing I found. It feels like he’s hoping someone else will fill in the blanks on why round claiming is useful, but then when he’s called out on it he doesn’t really have an answer. The feel like town!mail-mi is more thoughtful about his actions than that.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 23, 2020, 09:40:05 am »

I actually lean scummy on Shraeye. Not in a way where I'd definitively say "Shraeye is scum", but they are on my short list.
Is he participating in your qt?
We're on post 66 there, we've probably both contributed around half, probably more like 60/40 with me posting more.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 23, 2020, 09:40:57 am »

Well, i take that back.  I might.  But not now

what changed?
I looked back at my notes, and was reminded of one thing you did one time that raised one eyebrow.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #867 on: March 23, 2020, 10:10:30 am »

I think I find myself agreeing with e most here. Also I don't see the harm in round claiming, which is why I did it. There is a sort of benefit in dividing town into two groups, which can help with PoE.

I think draft order is a little too much info that's helpful to scum, not town.

How does dividing town into two essentially arbitrary groups help us?

Honestly, I'm not sure. However, it is information, and more information is almost always better, and I don't see how it can help scum.

I just ISO’d mail-mi. I’m going to reread a few others before I vote, but I wanted to highlight this whole exchange cause it’s the scummiest thing I found. It feels like he’s hoping someone else will fill in the blanks on why round claiming is useful, but then when he’s called out on it he doesn’t really have an answer. The feel like town!mail-mi is more thoughtful about his actions than that.

I can tell you exactly what happened there. People said "let's round claim!" And I thought "yeah that's a good idea." Then, ADK and others started asking me why it was a good idea, and I tried to think of reasons, and that's all I could come up with. So I thought a little bit more and, you can see later, I changed my mind. Unfortunately that change came too late, but it did come.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 23, 2020, 02:04:17 pm »

Vote: Mix

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 23, 2020, 02:30:11 pm »

I have no reason not to find them scummy at this point... I have a slight preference for them over Raptor because there was that one game one time that raptor was awesome on D2.

Could you point this game out to me? I'd like to see it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 23, 2020, 02:31:16 pm »

So I reread MiX, and I can see the general "doesn't feel like normal MiX" feeling. I would be willing to join, but both EFHW and Raptor are on the wagon and they're some of my other scum reads, so I'm wary.

In other news, I found some more stuff on LaLight while I was rereading MiX, so I'm gonna see if I can pull a case together and convince some people before deadline.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 23, 2020, 02:38:56 pm »

Okay, I've reread all 24 of LaLight's posts, and I'm still pretty confident with my vote on them.

Here's my D1-case:

- Voting history: LaLight jumped on the Scola wagon when it first formed and my wagon, with no real reasons. So there's opportunistic voting here.
- Most posts are short, and many of them are just fluff, with only a few content forming posts.
- This:
I was pretty high up top the draft order, so you might want not to lynch me here, guys
is not really a defense, scum could also be high-up in the draft order. Not necessarily alignment-indicative, but not a good defense.
- This:

why are you so fixed on me? this just feels weird
In my experience, scum tends to notice others reads on them more often than scum does. So this makes LaLight more scummy.

Here is my D1 LaLight case, maybe not the strongest thing, but good enough for D1. Let's lynch him.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 23, 2020, 02:44:42 pm »

I have no reason not to find them scummy at this point... I have a slight preference for them over Raptor because there was that one game one time that raptor was awesome on D2.

It's in the Poker Mafia (M125, I think) game that DatSwan ran a few months back, messages 829-849... This is how it began:

Alright, as good of time as any to say this at this point. I cop’d MIX last night and that are confirmed not numerically aligned. I am 1 shot cop. I didn’t want to come out with this right when the day opened to try and get Mix to share as much of there scum opinion as possible. I’m still catching up on reading from the past few hours but I decided to do it now so we have some time to discuss things before the day ends. Vote: Mix

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 23, 2020, 02:50:31 pm »

Okay, I've reread all 24 of LaLight's posts, and I'm still pretty confident with my vote on them.

Here's my D1-case:

- Voting history: LaLight jumped on the Scola wagon when it first formed and my wagon, with no real reasons. So there's opportunistic voting here.
- Most posts are short, and many of them are just fluff, with only a few content forming posts.
- This:
I was pretty high up top the draft order, so you might want not to lynch me here, guys
is not really a defense, scum could also be high-up in the draft order. Not necessarily alignment-indicative, but not a good defense.
- This:

why are you so fixed on me? this just feels weird
In my experience, scum tends to notice others reads on them more often than scum does. So this makes LaLight more scummy.

Here is my D1 LaLight case, maybe not the strongest thing, but good enough for D1. Let's lynch him.

This was my thought about LaLight as well. I do not think we have reason to believe that is a bad lynch

I still need to go back and read MiX carefully, but I am knee deep in boring administrative work right now so I don't have time right now. In a Mail-mi v MiX world, I am more willing to vote for MiX, just on my sense that is playing with a deliberateness that seems uncharacteristic. But he has been scum a lot recently so maybe my meta-meter is off, I don't know. Still, in the interest of consolidation

vote: MiX

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 23, 2020, 02:52:39 pm »

It's in the Poker Mafia (M125, I think) game that DatSwan ran a few months back, messages 829-849... This is how it began:
Alright, as good of time as any to say this at this point. I cop’d MIX last night and that are confirmed not numerically aligned. I am 1 shot cop. I didn’t want to come out with this right when the day opened to try and get Mix to share as much of there scum opinion as possible. I’m still catching up on reading from the past few hours but I decided to do it now so we have some time to discuss things before the day ends. Vote: Mix

I was a letter! Actually I wasn't, it's complicated...

Also, cool wagon on me, who's driving, faust? That means he's scum, but is there support for that lynch?

PPE: Really...
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 16 queries.