Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211949 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #725 on: March 21, 2020, 01:09:15 pm »

Between you guys, faust is scummy.

No no, I didn't want that narrow of an answer.  I mean, in this game, the full 16 player list we're thinking about, what opinions do you have other than a philosophical position against faust?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 21, 2020, 01:13:22 pm »

Sorry for spamming the thread with more of this, I had a bad case of "someone is wrong on the internet", I know this stuff doesn't help anybody for the actual purposes of the game.
Yeah, but I blame ash more for the majority of the posts on this matter.  Is that blame falsely placed? Where do you think it should go?  The issue here is, everybody gets a case of "wrong on the internet" from time to time, but it is a legitimate scum-tactic to fill the thread with unimportant info.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 21, 2020, 01:16:20 pm »

ash v. faust seems like town v town.
you're town.
I can see cayvie's reasoning for WCD right now, she isn't as townie as she usually is.
I still think e could be scum, though I don't know if that lynch is happening today
--side note on the e thing, do we want to try to direct the vig shot or let him use it? I'm not sure if I trust him.
where has EFHW been? I thought I remembered her usually being more active, would be willing to put a vote there.
*I'm looking at the player list now to remember who all is in the game*
Raptor has made like, what, 4 posts? i think that's a little too much lurking to be scum
Glooble said he's busy, so I'll give him a bit of a pass
MiX seems like MiX, can't tell if scum or town
I'm still not down on the scola lynch.

so let's do some scum-to-chum with my gut feels:

scummy: EFHW, WCD, Raptor, e,
neutral-to-scummy: glooble, Lalight, lekkit,
neutral: ADK, Jimmmmm, cayvie, MiX
neutral-to-town: scola, faust
town: ash, shraeye, mail-mi

I agree with some of this....mostly that EFHW and raptor are playing under the radar. I think move Lekkt and LL to the scummy list instead of me, and drop e down a coup,e of notches, too, and we’re in business!

I disagree that I am not as townie as usual, although I will freely admit by being freaked the f out by all things covid and really struggling with this much isolation, so maybe that is changing the way I communicate.

why are you so fixed on me? this just feels weird

Sweet mean girls reference! I’m not fixed on you, I think you’re behaving as scum!LL does so when I was commenting on mail-mis list, I fleshed it out with my reads. This doesn’t seem any more different than others who are sharing their reads so for you to find it weird, is super weird with, perhaps, a side of defensive sauce.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 21, 2020, 01:22:00 pm »

After rereading the 10 pages that were posted today it seems like a lot on nonsense arguing. lol
Try filtering out any post that talks about items? 

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 21, 2020, 01:23:13 pm »

You know what, I just reread mail-mi and I am thinking

Vote: mail-mi

A lot of going with the flow.
The pseudo-useful post about quantity of scum

Not a perfect case, but there you have it
I want to hear ADK talk about mail-mi first.  And not just the re-affirm vote he gave.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 21, 2020, 01:27:01 pm »

I'm liking Jimmmm's posts in the ash v Faust thing about roles. Not sure if it makes him town, but move him up the town spectrum.
I think that's just Jimmm being Jimmm.

It's way too hard for me to read any posts surrounding that argument, because it's transcended in-game dimensions.  So nobody has a pro-town pro-scum agenda WHILE making those posts/arguments.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 21, 2020, 01:28:03 pm »

Surprise post count!

1. LaLight - 16
2. Mail-Mi - 35
3. Jimmmm - 15
4. Cayvie - 101
5. WCD - 33
6. MiX - 76
7. Lekkit - 11
8. Shraeye - 29
9. ADK - 32
10. Raptor - 10
11. E! - 35
12. EFHW - 14
13. Glooble - 12
14. Scolapasta - 41
15. faust - 76
16. Ash - 82
Cayvie, you have 101!!!??

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 21, 2020, 01:29:07 pm »

unvote, ash came to our qt

this whole clairvoyance argument is super weird, i feel like it some meta argument, or overly sarcastic, and i don't know what is going on

I don't want to lynch e, his move is very pro-town

I don't want to lynch ash as of now

vote: mail-mi

watch out for this from Lalight, a vote on me with no explanation right as my wagon is forming. perfect place for scum

I feel like his actions are surprisingly close to your actions.  ("do you even know me? i am an observer and I go with the flow. these are reasons I've been mislynched in several of my town games.")

Can you clarify the difference?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 21, 2020, 01:30:18 pm »

I haven't noticed Didds fixating on you.  Was this more of a joke post that went over my head?  Or am I missing the trend that you're seeing?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 21, 2020, 01:33:09 pm »

vote: scolapasta

Flipping two correct is proof that faust knows the other 11?  Or that the deck is marked?  Or could faust have just been lucky?  I am continually waiting for some explanation or proof how faust knows his 13 guesses are all very nearly perfect.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that "Flipping two correct is proof that faust knows the other 11".
Hypothesis: The mods generally tried to align the flavour and mechanics of the items.
Result: 2 items have mechanics in line with their flavour.
Conclusion: The hypothesis is very likely correct.

Obviously any two people could have different ideas how of what an item should do, but given that 2/2 items match, it's very likely that the mods in fact did try to do this.

And now back to the debate!

When you've quoted faust, you've left out a key part of what he said:"As a more contrete (maybe) counter to shraeye"

I don't think faust was claiming that all 13 objects he guessed where correct (even if her were scum, how would he be able to confirm 13?), just that, as Jimmmmm captures above, it is possible to have a guess based on item name. i.e. that knowing someone's item can give you some idea of their role.

And my "not buying it" is that it feels like you are deliberately taking faust out of that context, in order to create chaos and suspicion.

to me, in the context of his other posts, this post reads as full of relief that he gets to weigh in on the correct (sorry Ash) side of an argument with gusto. it's stressful pretending to scumhunt! what a blessing to see a townie being logically wrong and to be able to argue against him!

Well, I was responding to ash, though forgot to quote his questioning, since I wanted to quote Jimmmm's response above. I'll add it here now for context:

But I don't buy Ashersky's conflict with faust - the argument that from the name of an item you can make an educated guess on what it does is reasonable. Having just one item confirmed is solid evidence for that argument. Besides, no one seemed to have any issue with people suggesting that Bow and Arrow was likely vig.

What do you mean by not "buying" my conflict?  Do you mean that I am faking the fight with faust (which would make us partners)?  Are you saying you don't agree with my side of the argument?  Please clarify.

You say "having just one item confirmed is solid evidence for that argument."  Is that your honest belief in how the world work?  Here:

"Slamming my head on a keyboard is an efficient way to write out genetic code."

cfklxzklcx.cx,/l;ssdl;kkl;dlskr;eior5opK4['wrIOWEF'a;u/kls;aior'q'.lcx,cxkdxlop.vg;lp.cjmjxkkdkslo;.pxl;.jkchjcxvhjkvjucfjsdlo.zsl.djumdweidiofp/womjm fiuexol.;wik,dkuedxku,edxlfcku,ifggciufxudki,fcj,fcxhmdzjmufxku,fckfdxjdxzj,dxkifxck,udryehdxzk,fclifc,kfdxdj

Hey look, there's at least one instance of consecutive letters that correspond to the way we write out genetic code in there.  Looks like we have "one item confirmed" that "is solid evidence for that argument."

i.e. I was asked why I didn't buy it and Jimmmm's response was a better formed explanation of what I had been trying to say.

Why do you think ash is town? I get I'm behind here and maybe his chaos inducing style (do people not agree that he seems to deliberately causing chaos) is his normal style, but it seems scummy to me.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 21, 2020, 01:34:12 pm »

I wish I had gotten the gladiator item.  Faust, which one was that?

Not faust, but why not trident?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 21, 2020, 01:36:55 pm »

unvote, ash came to our qt

this whole clairvoyance argument is super weird, i feel like it some meta argument, or overly sarcastic, and i don't know what is going on

I don't want to lynch e, his move is very pro-town

I don't want to lynch ash as of now

vote: mail-mi

watch out for this from Lalight, a vote on me with no explanation right as my wagon is forming. perfect place for scum

I feel like his actions are surprisingly close to your actions.  ("do you even know me? i am an observer and I go with the flow. these are reasons I've been mislynched in several of my town games.")

Can you clarify the difference?
I haven't placed my vote on an opportunistic wagon, LaLight has. (You may say I did that with e, but I woke up that morning with the intent to start a wagon on e, but overnight someone else had started the wagon)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 21, 2020, 01:37:43 pm »

Good morning, folks! I hope you are all feeling fine!

Ash is town. Let’s take another look at mail-mi and lalight...

Why do you say ash is town?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 21, 2020, 01:38:38 pm »

ok, gotta get back to work.

would love to see other's scum-to-chum lists as well, maybe we can get a good lynch other than "let's lynch mail-mi for being mail-mi."

So I found a good link for abbreviations, so hopefully no more questions on those, but newbie question #3: what's scum-to-chum?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 21, 2020, 01:42:44 pm »

would love to see other's scum-to-chum lists as well, maybe we can get a good lynch other than "let's lynch mail-mi for being mail-mi."

So I found a good link for abbreviations, so hopefully no more questions on those, but newbie question #3: what's scum-to-chum?

basically a list of who you think is scummy and townie (or "chummy")
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 21, 2020, 01:44:07 pm »

So, I've been told my Shraeye* that direct quoting from QTs is not allowed, but paraphrasing is OK (note - this itself is a paraphrase). Is this true? What about if in the main thread I give explicit permission?

* I'm trying to get them to post in the main thread the specific non "organic" thing I said, as I find it completely sketchy to assert something without providing any actual evidence.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 21, 2020, 01:46:14 pm »

basically a list of who you think is scummy and townie (or "chummy")

Ah, so what cayvie (and I mimicked earlier) posted on one of her 101 posts!

(I was thrown by the "to", as I thought maybe it was who you used to think was scummy, but no longer)

Thanks!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 21, 2020, 01:49:12 pm »

I haven't placed my vote on an opportunistic wagon, LaLight has. (You may say I did that with e, but I woke up that morning with the intent to start a wagon on e, but overnight someone else had started the wagon)
I mean, votes need to go on wagons sometime, or we'll all just circle around with 2-3 votes max.

Fair enough though, my eye is on LaLight. All our eyes should be on everybody.  I do wish the distracting posts would diminish.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 21, 2020, 01:54:56 pm »

So, I've been told my Shraeye* that direct quoting from QTs is not allowed, but paraphrasing is OK (note - this itself is a paraphrase). Is this true? What about if in the main thread I give explicit permission?

* I'm trying to get them to post in the main thread the specific non "organic" thing I said, as I find it completely sketchy to assert something without providing any actual evidence.
If you want an okay to quote something from another thread, you have to ask the mods' permission, and I'm inclined to think that they won't allow it. There's reasons for that, I don't want to go into it right now but I can tell the story some other time if you're interested.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 21, 2020, 02:30:06 pm »

Sweet mean girls reference! I’m not fixed on you, I think you’re behaving as scum!LL does so when I was commenting on mail-mis list, I fleshed it out with my reads. This doesn’t seem any more different than others who are sharing their reads so for you to find it weird, is super weird with, perhaps, a side of defensive sauce.

you know, the last person i saw accuse didds of being obsessed with them turned out to be scum. i'm inclined to vote: lalight and see if this is a hilariously specific scumtell
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 21, 2020, 02:39:21 pm »

you know, the last person i saw accuse didds of being obsessed with them turned out to be scum. i'm inclined to vote: lalight and see if this is a hilariously specific scumtell

I'll join you here, vote: lalight but for the other reasons that have been mentioned. Still keeping my eye on Raptor (for as little as there is to keep my eye on).

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 21, 2020, 02:47:52 pm »

If you want an okay to quote something from another thread, you have to ask the mods' permission, and I'm inclined to think that they won't allow it. There's reasons for that, I don't want to go into it right now but I can tell the story some other time if you're interested.

It feels weird that if I were to say in this main thread, 'X can quote me" it wouldn't be allowed, but I guess it could be chaotic if the quote is then not true. Though I don't see how that would be that different from paraphrasing something false either.

Basically it allows Shraeye to accuse me of being inorganic but not able to provide any actual evidence to support that (according to them).

Am I allowed to quote myself from the QT?

(I would definitely be interested in the story some time)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 21, 2020, 02:49:24 pm »

nope! the no-quoting rule has less to do with consent than it does with potential game-breaking strategies
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 21, 2020, 02:53:03 pm »

nope! the no-quoting rule has less to do with consent than it does with potential game-breaking strategies

Huh. Ok. Someone will some day have to explain to me how it's different from paraphrasing (in the context of breaking strategies).

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 21, 2020, 02:53:12 pm »

unofficial votecount:

Mail-Mi (4): Jimmm, LaLight, e, ADK
Ashersky (3): EFHW, Glooble, scolapasta
LaLight (3): WCD, cayvie, mail-mi
Scolapasta (2): Shraeye, faust
EFHW (1): MiX
Shraeye (1): RaptorSlayer
faust (1): Ashersky

Not Voting (1):  Lekkit

of folks with votes on them, i'd be happy with a mail-mi, lalight, or scolapasta lynch today. i'd begrudgingly settle for an ashersky one.

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.