Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211977 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #700 on: March 21, 2020, 07:53:06 am »

Is 2 out of 13 of a set of 20 a generally accepted scientific standard to prove a hypothesis?  Like, "hey, this medicine worked on 2 out of 13 people, must work for all!"?

I really don't know, as I'm no scientist.  But seems suspect.

Also, as I have said multiple times, my item directly contradicts faust's hypothesis.

This isn't science. This is game. Designed by a person/people who have somewhat similar experiences with Mafia to the people playing. The items were very likely created with ideas of how they would be interpreted in mind (because you should keep these things in mind when designing a game). Maybe they deliberately made some items with unexpected effects. Maybe some items have unexpected effects because they couldn't think of what else to use or because people have different expectations. But the fact remains that we seem to have evidence to suggest that the mods generally tried to create items whose effects match their flavour.

Well, see my epic posting fail for why I see that as an issue.

My main point, though, which no one seems to focus on, is that faust is scummy for trying to get the entire population to believe one thing based on what I think is flimsy evidence, and his only expansion on his reasoning up to this point has been to say his and his district partner's items matched his guesses.

All he had to do was walk back his confidence level on his assumption, or admit that maybe his post was a bit exaggerated, or say stuff like "we seem to have evidence to suggest that the mods generally tried to create items who effect match their flavour" instead.

This exaggeration feels like something I'd say, because who cares about the scientific method? It's clear that items are not random, people with intuition and knowledge of the flavor can hint at it, and faust proved that you can guess them correctly. Therefore so can scum.

About the flavor not mattering part, I believe that's just due to flavor names being independent of alignment. Knowing Katniss is probably a vig affects the game if you flavor claim, but you can never remove that if you're using flavor for any game. Not to mention "knowing" what each item does changes what they do: you can still only go for one of them, town and scum overall get the same power level of items, and you can't choose favourably as you don't know the relative strength of items: for example, we didn't know if bow and arrow was a full shot vig or a 1 shot vig.

What you had for breakfast today?  Whether Disney will make Frozen 3?
Scrambled eggs with toast. Yes, but it will be a live action remake.

If this is true, you are town this game, if this is false, you are scum this game. Let both of these prophecies endure time to see if they're correct!

Just lynch me if you are going to maintain this charade.

I know you don’t have it.  This proves me right when the inevitable occurs (me lynched before you) and you get your flawless scum won. My “hope” statement there is sarcastic.

Inevitable? Feels like you want it to happen. Also what's "it" in "I know you don't have it"?

PPE anything after the things I quoted so the wall's shorter

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 21, 2020, 08:00:57 am »

faust has done nothing to explain why my scum motivations for this.  Wouldn't town!faust, or at least pro-town!faust, want to do so?  He's not even voting for me right now -- scum not wanting to look like he's taking advantage?  Yet another suspicious action on his part.
Well I have no reason to think you're scum. Is not OMGUSing now a scumtell?

If I’m not scum, what’s my motivation?  Why stake my life on this?  We cannot be the same alignment given this, so either you are scum or I am.  (Or we are partner and staged this.)

You tell me ash, what is your motivation? Winning an argument with faust? If you know someone is scum, stop interacting with them. Let your case talk for you.

Heh, look at me teaching ash, as if I could.

“Not very far off” were his descriptive words.  No qualifying to it — no “I feel” or “it seems” or “probably” or even an “I think.”

Just “I wasn’t very far off” as a declarative statement of fact. Not opinion.

I was not eating a pineapple.  I was not very happy with the consistency of my soufflé. I was not very successful in making a career out of baseball.

Fact, certainty.  Not probability.

"Not very far off" is a lot of words for "correct" if you were being certain. All those extra words express uncertainty. At least from what I see. For example, if he was more certain, he could've said "not far off".

Man. That's a lot of talk for me to get "I guess ash thinks faust is scum for real, and is thus town".

Lynching mail-mi sounds wrong, but I should probably reread.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 21, 2020, 09:26:14 am »

Good morning, folks! I hope you are all feeling fine!

Ash is town. Let’s take another look at mail-mi and lalight...
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 21, 2020, 09:59:28 am »

I'm here, give me a moment to look at a few things
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 21, 2020, 10:06:43 am »

vote: mail-mi I'm pretty sure I am already but I don't think the last vote count reflects it
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: March 21, 2020, 10:07:46 am »

i currently have many townreads but not very many scumreads. I need to do a reread, which I hope I can get to tonight or tomorrow.
Give me your gut reaction on the scum-radar.  I don't care if you can't back itup.

let me respond to this.

ash v. faust seems like town v town.
you're town.
I can see cayvie's reasoning for WCD right now, she isn't as townie as she usually is.
I still think e could be scum, though I don't know if that lynch is happening today
--side note on the e thing, do we want to try to direct the vig shot or let him use it? I'm not sure if I trust him.
where has EFHW been? I thought I remembered her usually being more active, would be willing to put a vote there.
*I'm looking at the player list now to remember who all is in the game*
Raptor has made like, what, 4 posts? i think that's a little too much lurking to be scum
Glooble said he's busy, so I'll give him a bit of a pass
MiX seems like MiX, can't tell if scum or town
I'm still not down on the scola lynch.

so let's do some scum-to-chum with my gut feels:

scummy: EFHW, WCD, Raptor, e,
neutral-to-scummy: glooble, Lalight, lekkit,
neutral: ADK, Jimmmmm, cayvie, MiX
neutral-to-town: scola, faust
town: ash, shraeye, mail-mi
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 21, 2020, 10:08:46 am »

You know what, I just reread mail-mi and I am thinking

Vote: mail-mi

A lot of going with the flow.
The pseudo-useful post about quantity of scum

Not a perfect case, but there you have it

do you even know me? i am an observer and I go with the flow. these are reasons I've been mislynched in several of my town games.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 21, 2020, 10:09:07 am »

I'mma throw down a vote: efhw and see if that goes anywhere.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 21, 2020, 10:09:29 am »

I'mma throw down a vote: efhw and see if that goes anywhere.
Sorry, let me make that more clear:

vote: EFHW

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 21, 2020, 10:11:55 am »

@ Ash, what puts me so high on your scum list out of curiosity?

raptor pops in for a few minutes, asks why someone thinks he's scum, and then disappears again. Scum pay more attention to who scumreads them than town does in my experience. Raptor has gone up my scum list, make that a
vote: raptor

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 21, 2020, 10:12:42 am »

unvote, ash came to our qt

this whole clairvoyance argument is super weird, i feel like it some meta argument, or overly sarcastic, and i don't know what is going on

I don't want to lynch e, his move is very pro-town

I don't want to lynch ash as of now

vote: mail-mi

watch out for this from Lalight, a vote on me with no explanation right as my wagon is forming. perfect place for scum

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 21, 2020, 10:15:22 am »

I'm liking Jimmmm's posts in the ash v Faust thing about roles. Not sure if it makes him town, but move him up the town spectrum.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 21, 2020, 10:15:39 am »

do you even know me? i am an observer and I go with the flow. these are reasons I've been mislynched in several of my town games.

Just because you any like yourself doesn't mean you aren't scum
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 21, 2020, 10:16:57 am »

ok, gotta get back to work.

would love to see other's scum-to-chum lists as well, maybe we can get a good lynch other than "let's lynch mail-mi for being mail-mi."

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 21, 2020, 10:17:14 am »

Just because you any like yourself doesn't mean you aren't scum

doesn't mean I am.

ok now really back to work.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 21, 2020, 10:17:24 am »

you're town.
I can see cayvie's reasoning for WCD right now, she isn't as townie as she usually is.
I still think e could be scum, though I don't know if that lynch is happening today
--side note on the e thing, do we want to try to direct the vig shot or let him use it? I'm not sure if I trust him.
where has EFHW been? I thought I remembered her usually being more active, would be willing to put a vote there.
Raptor has made like, what, 4 posts? i think that's a little too much lurking to be scum

I agree with some of this....mostly that EFHW and raptor are playing under the radar. I think move Lekkt and LL to the scummy list instead of me, and drop e down a coup,e of notches, too, and we’re in business!

I disagree that I am not as townie as usual, although I will freely admit by being freaked the f out by all things covid and really struggling with this much isolation, so maybe that is changing the way I communicate.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 21, 2020, 10:17:42 am »

Mail-mi, what are you working on??

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 21, 2020, 10:18:54 am »

E, what does your scum to chum list look like? Also, how is baby e and the Mrs? Has her arm healed?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 21, 2020, 11:04:39 am »

Surprise post count!

1. LaLight - 16
2. Mail-Mi - 35
3. Jimmmm - 15
4. Cayvie - 101
5. WCD - 33
6. MiX - 76
7. Lekkit - 11
8. Shraeye - 29
9. ADK - 32
10. Raptor - 10
11. E! - 35
12. EFHW - 14
13. Glooble - 12
14. Scolapasta - 41
15. faust - 76
16. Ash - 82
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 21, 2020, 11:13:08 am »

Mail-mi, what are you working on??

I'm doing my job, working at a call center for a home security place. Thanks for asking!

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: March 21, 2020, 11:37:24 am »

Surprise post count!

1. LaLight - 16
2. Mail-Mi - 35
3. Jimmmm - 15
4. Cayvie - 101
5. WCD - 33
6. MiX - 76
7. Lekkit - 11
8. Shraeye - 29
9. ADK - 32
10. Raptor - 10
11. E! - 35
12. EFHW - 14
13. Glooble - 12
14. Scolapasta - 41
15. faust - 76
16. Ash - 82

Wow, you have posted a lot, cayvie.

Post count basically matches meta for all players, nothing stands out to me
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 21, 2020, 11:46:29 am »

yeahhhh... my anxiety is thru the goddamn roof these days and i think this game is what i'm putting all that energy into. i'm sorry if i'm annoying lol
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 21, 2020, 12:04:02 pm »

yeahhhh... my anxiety is thru the goddamn roof these days and i think this game is what i'm putting all that energy into. i'm sorry if i'm annoying lol

That's insane, I was getting used to hitting highest post count tied with faust by now.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 21, 2020, 12:11:10 pm »

ash, when you get back, please read our qt
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 21, 2020, 12:12:01 pm »

you're town.

I agree with some of this....mostly that EFHW and raptor are playing under the radar. I think move Lekkt and LL to the scummy list instead of me, and drop e down a coup,e of notches, too, and we’re in business!

I disagree that I am not as townie as usual, although I will freely admit by being freaked the f out by all things covid and really struggling with this much isolation, so maybe that is changing the way I communicate.

why are you so fixed on me? this just feels weird
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.