Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211974 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #575 on: March 20, 2020, 01:42:08 pm »

i think this game in particular is proving to be a fascinating personality test.

Aren't they all?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 20, 2020, 01:42:30 pm »

So, while I am still against the thought that round claim was a positive, since 13/16 already have, I'm no longer convinced that it's beneficial to hold on to it. So I'm willing to reveal - I was a 2nd rounder.
What changed your mind?

Well, again not quite changed mind. I still maintain that round claim was more positive for scum than town, so would have preferred no claim at all. However, after 13 of 16 claimed (and knowing only one of the three left was 1st round), I do think the calculus changed and that it makes more sense for town to also get the info.

I also wanted people to know I wasn't #1. Knowing I'm a 2nd rounder is supporting evidence for that.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 20, 2020, 01:59:19 pm »

We have heard a lot from a relatively few people it seems. Where is everyone else?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 20, 2020, 02:19:56 pm »

I am #1.

That will be clear if you go back and read me asking MiX and Shraeye why they keep making assumptions about what #1 would do, when they would die, why they won't be killed N1. It is also clear because you know me and I am always town, so it makes sense that I'd be the towniest mctownerson to ever town.

Despite MiX's incredulity, I did not want to be Katniss, which is the best proof that I am town (although my guess is that he can toatlly see ME making that decision). A vig shot doesn't play to my skill set, so I was really pleased that e got it. Totally plays to his skill set.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 20, 2020, 02:21:40 pm »

I am #1.

That will be clear if you go back and read me asking MiX and Shraeye why they keep making assumptions about what #1 would do, when they would die, why they won't be killed N1. It is also clear because you know me and I am always town, so it makes sense that I'd be the towniest mctownerson to ever town.

Despite MiX's incredulity, I did not want to be Katniss, which is the best proof that I am town (although my guess is that he can toatlly see ME making that decision). A vig shot doesn't play to my skill set, so I was really pleased that e got it. Totally plays to his skill set.

I don't know why we were opposed to draft order, I'm sure we could've guessed this if (post restriction)

How much do you know about the flavor...actually don't answer. This is indeed good proof you're town.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 20, 2020, 02:25:03 pm »

I am #1.

I don't know why we were opposed to draft order, I'm sure we could've guessed this if (post restriction)

How much do you know about the flavor...actually don't answer. This is indeed good proof you're town.

Can someone explain why not wanting to be Katniss is proof of being town?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 20, 2020, 02:27:07 pm »

I am #1.

Scum really likes vig. Other than that, no, it's not proof she's town. But it helps, I think.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 20, 2020, 02:29:49 pm »

[/quote]

If I was scum, I wouldn't pass up a weapon like a bow and arrow.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 20, 2020, 02:31:37 pm »

Now, why Shraye is so sure that #1 would not be nightkilled right off the bat is still something we need to sort out.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 20, 2020, 02:55:12 pm »

OK, that makes sense. Though if you thought #2 would also try for bow and arrow - which in fact is what happened (or at least what e is claiming) - you might have chosen something else so as to not get shut out.

OR you wanted to be able to say that you didn't pick bow and arrow so that we would think you less likely to be scum.

(all this feels very "princess bride")

All that said, you're still on my current shortlist for being town.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 20, 2020, 03:12:20 pm »

OK, that makes sense. Though if you thought #2 would also try for bow and arrow - which in fact is what happened (or at least what e is claiming) - you might have chosen something else so as to not get shut out.

OR you wanted to be able to say that you didn't pick bow and arrow so that we would think you less likely to be scum.

(all this feels very "princess bride")

All that said, you're still on my current shortlist for being town.

We have a name for the princess bride feeling...WIFOM which stands for Wine In Front Of Me.  :)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 20, 2020, 04:12:33 pm »

And the role conveniently provides a cover for when you're caught killing someone.
I fully believe e.  100%

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 20, 2020, 04:14:47 pm »

And the role conveniently provides a cover for when you're caught killing someone.
I fully believe e.  100%
You believe that he's a vig or that he's town?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 20, 2020, 04:26:17 pm »

I fully believe e.  100%

is it, in your opinion, a good idea to continue claiming?

are you still certain that #1 won't be nightkilled?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 20, 2020, 04:35:06 pm »

i mean maybe you picked a weapon like trident or nightlock berries instead. there wasn't a shortage of weapons to choose from :)
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 20, 2020, 06:59:51 pm »

Vote Count 1.4:

E! (3): faust, Cayvie, Mail-Mi
Ashersky (2): EFHW, Glooble
LaLight (2): E!, WCD
EFHW (2): ADK, MiX
Shraeye (2): Scolapasta, RaptorSlayer
faust (1): Ashersky
Scolapasta (1): Shraeye
RaptorSlayer (1): LaLight
Mail-Mi (1): Jimmm

Not Voting (1):  Lekkit,

Deadline is 9:15pm Forum Time on March 24th.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 20, 2020, 07:04:32 pm »

Right now:

Preferred lynches: raptor, wcd, scolapasta, e, lalight, mail-mi
Neutral-ish: lekkit, jimmm, glooble, Ash, adk
Would rather not lynch: mix, faust, shraeye, EFHW
Will not lynch: cayvie

PPE, of course, the fact that 2 people I distrust are voting for lalight makes me less suspicious of him

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 20, 2020, 07:05:25 pm »

Right now:

PPE, of course, the fact that 2 people I distrust are voting for lalight makes me less suspicious of him

why wcd?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 20, 2020, 07:07:08 pm »

vote: ash until he comes to our QT
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 20, 2020, 07:09:45 pm »

Right now:

why wcd?

I'm actually curious about this as well; I have the benefit of seeing how she's been posting in our district QT but she's pretty much my top townread right now
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 20, 2020, 07:14:34 pm »

Right now:

why wcd?

I'm actually curious about this as well; I have the benefit of seeing how she's been posting in our district QT but she's pretty much my top townread right now

This actually makes me feel better about her actually.

Because I'm used to (after two games) wcd just filling the thread with townie stuff. And she's not doing that here.

But if she's filling her qt with townie stuff instead, that could explain the difference

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 20, 2020, 07:15:17 pm »

i currently have many townreads but not very many scumreads. I need to do a reread, which I hope I can get to tonight or tomorrow.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 20, 2020, 07:55:02 pm »

Right now:

So... my list is almost opposite of yours!

Preferred lynches: faust, shraeye,, ash, lalight, mail-mi, mix
Neutral-ish: lekkit, glooble, e, adk, raptor
Would rather not lynch:, wcd, EFHW, cayvie, jimmm
Will not lynch: scolapasta

I don't specifically remember what made me put lalight, mail-mi, mix in the first group, so they might be more neutral.

Also interesting to note that my Would rather not lynch is all people I've played codenames with. Hmm....

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 20, 2020, 08:36:24 pm »

As a more contrete (maybe) counter to shraeye: I made guesses prior to drafting on what powers 13 of the 20 items give, and I wasn't very far off based on what I know now.

The post in question.  You said you made guesses and 13 items. You said you weren’t very far off based on what you knew at the time of posting.

I am not putting words in your mouth.  You are saying in the post above that you made guesses and then you were not “very far off” on those 13 guesses. That is what your sentences say.  Another way of saying not very far off would be “pretty close” right?

So then your explanation for how you were able to be pretty close on 13 guesses was saying you knew two items.

I am saying that is weaksauce.  How does knowing two items tell you that you were not “very far off” on 13? 

I did not put words in your mouth.  And how does this counter shraeye?  It makes his point — you can’t know for sure what any items are before getting them.  To counter that point, you need to show that players did or do know what all the items are without gaining them. I thought you were doing that by claiming to know 13 items somehow based on guesses.  The only way that works is clairvoyance, hyper intelligence, hacking, or cheating.  Or you have a greater number of data points due to your alignment or role.

So, as I’ve established not putting words in your mouth, please explain how you were so close on exactly 13, items, why only 13 and not 20, and who your scum partners are.

And no, my district mate told me his item is not an explanation for anything.  Nor is your own item, as that only confirms one out of the 13 that you clearly claim you were very close on. Please tell us how you know all 13 are very close.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 20, 2020, 08:57:03 pm »

This actually makes me feel better about her actually.

Because I'm used to (after two games) wcd just filling the thread with townie stuff. And she's not doing that here.

But if she's filling her qt with townie stuff instead, that could explain the difference

I’m trying not to spam the thread since the game is so big and I don’t want to be annoying! Well, and there is a whole lot of nothing going on in my world right now. ADK I gets way more of the random musing in the QT. Left to my own devices, I have all kinds of questions for everyone about how they are holding up, but I don’t want to make life harder for anyone who is struggling right now. Also, funny Ashersky is awesome. I had no idea he had it in him.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 16 queries.