Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211944 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #525 on: March 20, 2020, 10:18:33 am »

18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 20, 2020, 10:19:24 am »

Are the votes based on the speculation that I would have a full vig as town?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 20, 2020, 10:21:40 am »

not entirely.

my vote is also based on your assertions that

1) a mass-claim is good for town and
2) your role is good to claim because it's weak
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 20, 2020, 10:22:57 am »

And the role conveniently provides a cover for when you're caught killing someone.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 20, 2020, 10:23:37 am »

not entirely.

my vote is also based on your assertions that

1) a mass-claim is good for town and
2) your role is good to claim because it's weak

It's not a weak role, it is not one that does a lot of good unclaimed.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 20, 2020, 10:24:08 am »

Not all information is created equally. Can you answer the question or did you just say that because you realized it and had to say it somewhere?

because i think scum certainly noticed what shraeye implied. either because scolapasta is actually scum, or because they're looking out for stuff like that.

so the likely scenario is that sharing the information only helped town.

please don't insult my intelligence.

Alright, thank you. That makes sense, but why would shraeye push scola if he knows he got first draft pick?

this question confuses me, MiX. if you have a scumread on someone, why does it matter what their draft pick is?

It sounds incredibly hard to push for a lynch of a newbie that had a high draft order. And a bit...foolish? At least I wouldn't trust my reads based solely on the neighborhood chat for a new person that can backfire if they got something good. I guess shraeye would, huh.

An idea I wanted to float is that since we did not get to see the powers that are linked to the items, it is very much possible that an item would grant a different power to a town player than it would to a scum player. I've thought about this with MiX talking how he expected Bow and Arrow to be a full vig - obviously a full vig is way too powerful to be in scum's hands, but a mod could easily make it full vig for town, 1-shot vig for scum.

I'm not by any means sure that this is the case, and it might very well not be, but it's something to keep in mind.

I agree with this. I mentioned previously that the only way to put a godfather-type role in this game is like this, because town doesn't need it.

I got draft choice 2

I took the bow and arrow. I am a vigilante

I am katniss everdeen, and I volunteer as tribute

Lucky! How does this help town?

Which part? Having the vig shot with town is supremely better than having it with scum

As far as the claim goes, my role as vig (especially 1 shot) is not really great to keep quiet about. Towns greatest power to kill scum is (and always will be) it's vote. Not some random vig shot. I count as a random vig shot (because I admit my reads are anything but perfect).

So you can anticipate that I will continue to use my best power (my vote) for a while before I use my shot. Who knows? Maybe I draw a scum NK that allows our cop to live another day.

Bottom line, I think a mass claim is great and all, but I think my role specifically was good to claim. In the end I have always been a big believer in trusting town to use their PRs to towns best interest. That doesn't always happen, but we try our best

Scum could have other ways to stop you specifically. And how does it help town? Help PRs target? I guess that's not the worst.

Since scum will only lie about this if they think it is advantageous for them, I fail to see how the information benefits town.

When you learn, you'd wish you had lied then. I don't know how advantageous it is, but neither does scum, which means we'll get the truth out.

Vote: e

Lol, even I know that a full vig would be too much power compared to the other existing roles. Or at all. My own speculation on what bow and arrow should be remains secret, as should most speculation about items.

And the role conveniently provides a cover for when you're caught killing someone.

So would it if he had claimed it after a tracker, except then a tracker would be outed.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 20, 2020, 10:25:17 am »

PPE a bunch because I can't keep up! The quote wall post scheme might be for a slower game...

E's not scum for claiming. But I do think it was unecessary. Time will tell.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 20, 2020, 10:25:40 am »

That is always the question you are going to have with any vig.

Just wait for our poisoner (rose?) or other vig (Trident?) kill someone and then make the town vig claim

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 20, 2020, 10:26:51 am »

Just wait for our poisoner (rose?) or other vig (Trident?) kill someone and then make the town vig claim

How much do you know of the flavor?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 20, 2020, 10:27:11 am »

How much do you know of the flavor?

I have read the books, but not for a while

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 20, 2020, 10:31:25 am »

vote: e
Going for bow and arrow (almost certainly a vig) would be a great move as scum.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 20, 2020, 10:34:16 am »

An idea I wanted to float is that since we did not get to see the powers that are linked to the items, it is very much possible that an item would grant a different power to a town player than it would to a scum player. I've thought about this with MiX talking how he expected Bow and Arrow to be a full vig - obviously a full vig is way too powerful to be in scum's hands, but a mod could easily make it full vig for town, 1-shot vig for scum.

I'm not by any means sure that this is the case, and it might very well not be, but it's something to keep in mind.

I hate to keep revealing information, but if this is going to be the basis for people's votes then I will say that I as town got a role that is only conceivably useful for scum, so it's unlikely that items have different powers for different alignments
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 20, 2020, 10:34:22 am »

It would. Which is why I took that option away from them

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 20, 2020, 10:34:34 am »

It would be a great move for town, too
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 20, 2020, 10:45:50 am »

It would be a great move for town, too

it sure would! wouldn't that make a more natural explanation of why you bid on the Bow and Arrow than this:

?

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 20, 2020, 11:01:32 am »

For anyone who knows anything about the flavor at all, the bow and arrow were obviously one of the most valuable items, and once we found out our role went with our item, we knew it would be Katniss.

I think it would be a too choice, or at least a consideration, for everyone in the top half of the draft.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 20, 2020, 11:10:48 am »

For anyone who knows anything about the flavor at all, the bow and arrow were obviously one of the most valuable items, and once we found out our role went with our item, we knew it would be Katniss.

I think it would be a too choice, or at least a consideration, for everyone in the top half of the draft.

yeah me too! that's why e's explanation of "i took it to keep it out of the hands of scum" rings false to me. you don't bid on the bow and arrow because you're taking one for the team; you do it because it's probably awesome and you wanna be katniss! pew pew!

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 20, 2020, 11:26:17 am »

yeah me too! that's why e's explanation of "i took it to keep it out of the hands of scum" rings false to me. you don't bid on the bow and arrow because you're taking one for the team; you do it because it's probably awesome and you wanna be katniss! pew pew!

I'm sure everyone wanted to be Katniss in this setup. I literally knew nothing more than her existence when drafting, surely others are like me, and even if not, who doesn't want to be the protagonist? Not to mention "bow and arrow" sounds like a pretty good PR.

Did you...not want it just for the sake of it?

In other news E is most likely town.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 20, 2020, 11:27:44 am »

Am I the only player in this game who wouldn't absolutely for sure pick the bow and arrow if I were #1?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 20, 2020, 11:28:23 am »

Am I the only player in this game who wouldn't absolutely for sure pick the bow and arrow if I were #1?

No.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 20, 2020, 11:29:37 am »

i mean clearly not. #1 didn't pick it, if e's claim is true.

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 20, 2020, 11:45:10 am »

Back to phone posting.

How is 2/13 in anyway indicative of your amazing powers of deduction regarding the mods’ flavor item definitions?  If 2/13 was really the basis for your statement, you were exaggerating at best and misleading at worst.  Either way, anti-town.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 20, 2020, 11:46:31 am »

Back to phone posting.

How is 2/13 in anyway indicative of your amazing powers of deduction regarding the mods’ flavor item definitions?  If 2/13 was really the basis for your statement, you were exaggerating at best and misleading at worst.  Either way, anti-town.

Is it anti-town to, in this way, reveal that he has shared his PR with Glooble and vice-versa? Because that's effectively what he did.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 20, 2020, 11:47:12 am »

Back to phone posting.

Also please, enlighten us now so we can see just how great you are after the game is done and we can see the mod info.  Otherwise and until then, we can just ignore your statement as your ego talking.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.