Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211918 times)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #500 on: March 20, 2020, 04:49:32 am »

13 of 16 claimed so far.  scola, faust, EFHW have not.  If the numbers match the items, one of those three is 1r, the other two are 2r.

Isn't this one of those things you SHOULDN'T have told before everyone claimed?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #501 on: March 20, 2020, 07:12:57 am »

Can confirm faust and I shared our items in the district QT.  We decided the utility for town was greater than the risk of one of us being scum.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #502 on: March 20, 2020, 07:13:41 am »

Can also confirm that Faust’s guesses about our items were very close to correct.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 20, 2020, 07:43:29 am »

As a more contrete (maybe) counter to shraeye: I made guesses prior to drafting on what powers 13 of the 20 items give, and I wasn't very far off based on what I know now.

vote: faust

The only reason you should know more than one item’s meaning is your scum partners telling you what they got.

Again, this seems like the biggest deal and no one is focused on it.

faust guessed 13/20 items.  He now knows he wasn't very far off on those.  How can that be? 

1) he somehow got mod information (hacking, etc.) -- seems unlikely
2) he got a role power that let him do multiple item+role cop actions on N1/D1 -- seems unbalanced
3) his scum partners (and district partner?) told him what their items are, providing him with up to 5 data points -- checks out

vote: faust

I think you're very much overreacting here.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #504 on: March 20, 2020, 08:45:07 am »

BTW, I won't be able to check in until this evening. Extremely busy at work.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 20, 2020, 08:58:22 am »

There were 10 items available in round 2.  For this bandage fishing to be a thing, all four of us scum got something else.

We started with 20 items, so there should be 10 first rounders (this was what my actual plan was trying to confirm).

Why did you out this intel?

Vote: ashersky, did you forget about the whole reason behind round claim?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 20, 2020, 09:08:53 am »

Yeah, just looking at the district QT open and close dates and times, the scum QT had to have existed and been open for talk, so I think ADK is wrong.

That's a towntell, or a scum-planned fake towntell.

From the second setup post:

"2. Role Information - At this point, all players will ONLY KNOW THEIR ALIGNMENT. They will not have any information what-so-ever outside of which Faction to which they belong."

So they knew alignment, but not partners (even if they shared a district), and had zero talk on N0?  Sucks to be scum in this setup.

I presume they got to know their partners and QT after ranking order, otherwise scum is higher up on the draft than random. Not sure what's intended for the ranking order, however, maybe this was planned and encouraged, but I thought it was just a fun way to randomize.

Do you feel it was, or still is, a good argument?

I don't think it's laughably bad.

I think you're overstating the risk that such a move would pose to yourself. I mean everyone expects Ashersky to have a plan, right? That's still a thing?

Not a thing that he encourages anymore, but I suspect it's still in him to do plans.

I got draft choice 2

I took the bow and arrow. I am a vigilante

I am katniss everdeen, and I volunteer as tribute

Lucky! How does this help town?

i mean, i'm not claiming.

i was having fun back at this site, but if fullclaim d1s is how games on this forum go, this'll likely be my last one.

This would be a first

It would be funny if it happened this game, but having played another "PRs are independent of alignment" game, PR claiming helps scum and no one else. I'm heavily against this because of my previous experience.

And it's not going to happen, trust me

hey, i'm sorry. i got frustrated at the way this game seems to be going, with all sorts of claims happening willy-nilly. but i shouldn't have resorted to threatening to leave the site. because while i might not find d1 massclaims particularly fun, i'm pretty sure nobody finds emotional manipulation fun. so my bad.

If there's something about this meta, is that the discussion about claiming is more important than claiming and then solving the mechanical puzzle. Don't worry, once people see the deadline they'll get right back to voting for nonsense like always.

Can we please end the round claim? I'm going to just

Vote: EFHW for voting-and-giving-an-explanation-unrelated-to-voting reasons while FoSing everyone who hasn't round claimed yet. Not that it matters since ash spilled the beans...

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 20, 2020, 09:10:14 am »

Good morning!

Good luck with work, Glooble. I’ve done two puzzles in the last week, which is about the same number I did the last two years combined, so I can see how business is ramping up.

E is Katniss! That is cool and I trust him to be an awesome vig. I’m not sure that I think LL is the #1 pick, though

MiX, how does e getting the bow and arrow with the #2 pick jibe with your theories about what #1 would do and why they would be targeted to die first?

I like everything that Ashersky is laying down (I’m sorry my question ruined the gambit. Thinking aloud is definitely a habit that is not always advantageous) and I don’t think it is scummy at all. Rather, he seems to be doing some of the heavy scum hunting lifting.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 20, 2020, 09:13:37 am »

Good morning!

Good luck with work, Glooble. I’ve done two puzzles in the last week, which is about the same number I did the last two years combined, so I can see how business is ramping up.

E is Katniss! That is cool and I trust him to be an awesome vig. I’m not sure that I think LL is the #1 pick, though

MiX, how does e getting the bow and arrow with the #2 pick jibe with your theories about what #1 would do and why they would be targeted to die first?

I like everything that Ashersky is laying down (I’m sorry my question ruined the gambit. Thinking aloud is definitely a habit that is not always advantageous) and I don’t think it is scummy at all. Rather, he seems to be doing some of the heavy scum hunting lifting.

Ash ruined the gambit by himself...

I thought #1 would've chosen bow and arrow. I mean, that makes sense, right? And I thought bow and arrow could be a full shot vig, which is why it would be very valuable.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 20, 2020, 09:42:21 am »

Good morning!

judging by shraeye's statements (about how he can guarantee #1 won't be killed by scum), i'm pretty sure that scolapasta was the #1 pick.

agreed.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 20, 2020, 09:44:35 am »

Good morning!

judging by shraeye's statements (about how he can guarantee #1 won't be killed by scum), i'm pretty sure that scolapasta was the #1 pick.

And saying this publically is good because...?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 20, 2020, 09:44:54 am »

Can we please end the round claim?

Why should we? Ash has admitted at this point that his gambit isn't going to work. We never agreed to round claim in the first place. So what's the point in pressuring the final few to claim?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 20, 2020, 09:45:59 am »

Why should we? Ash has admitted at this point that his gambit isn't going to work. We never agreed to round claim in the first place. So what's the point in pressuring the final few to claim?

Otherwise this has 0 benefit for town, as opposed to a minimal one.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 20, 2020, 09:46:56 am »

Good morning!

Gee, MiX, sharing information is bad; not sharing information is scummy; sounds like there's no way to win with you.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 20, 2020, 09:49:36 am »

Good morning!

Gee, MiX, sharing information is bad; not sharing information is scummy; sounds like there's no way to win with you.

Not all information is created equally. Can you answer the question or did you just say that because you realized it and had to say it somewhere?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 20, 2020, 09:53:52 am »

Not all information is created equally. Can you answer the question or did you just say that because you realized it and had to say it somewhere?

because i think scum certainly noticed what shraeye implied. either because scolapasta is actually scum, or because they're looking out for stuff like that.

so the likely scenario is that sharing the information only helped town.

please don't insult my intelligence.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 20, 2020, 09:58:39 am »

because i think scum certainly noticed what shraeye implied. either because scolapasta is actually scum, or because they're looking out for stuff like that.

Alright, thank you. That makes sense, but why would shraeye push scola if he knows he got first draft pick?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 20, 2020, 10:02:34 am »

What's the minimal benefit?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 20, 2020, 10:06:33 am »

Well, knowing if there's 10 1st round people, for starters.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 20, 2020, 10:09:05 am »

Alright, thank you. That makes sense, but why would shraeye push scola if he knows he got first draft pick?

this question confuses me, MiX. if you have a scumread on someone, why does it matter what their draft pick is?

she/her

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2020, 10:10:28 am »

An idea I wanted to float is that since we did not get to see the powers that are linked to the items, it is very much possible that an item would grant a different power to a town player than it would to a scum player. I've thought about this with MiX talking how he expected Bow and Arrow to be a full vig - obviously a full vig is way too powerful to be in scum's hands, but a mod could easily make it full vig for town, 1-shot vig for scum.

I'm not by any means sure that this is the case, and it might very well not be, but it's something to keep in mind.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 20, 2020, 10:10:52 am »

I got draft choice 2

I took the bow and arrow. I am a vigilante

I am katniss everdeen, and I volunteer as tribute

Lucky! How does this help town?

Which part? Having the vig shot with town is supremely better than having it with scum

As far as the claim goes, my role as vig (especially 1 shot) is not really great to keep quiet about. Towns greatest power to kill scum is (and always will be) it's vote. Not some random vig shot. I count as a random vig shot (because I admit my reads are anything but perfect).

So you can anticipate that I will continue to use my best power (my vote) for a while before I use my shot. Who knows? Maybe I draw a scum NK that allows our cop to live another day.

Bottom line, I think a mass claim is great and all, but I think my role specifically was good to claim. In the end I have always been a big believer in trusting town to use their PRs to towns best interest. That doesn't always happen, but we try our best
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 20, 2020, 10:11:49 am »

Well, knowing if there's 10 1st round people, for starters.
Since scum will only lie about this if they think it is advantageous for them, I fail to see how the information benefits town.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 20, 2020, 10:14:18 am »

An idea I wanted to float is that since we did not get to see the powers that are linked to the items, it is very much possible that an item would grant a different power to a town player than it would to a scum player. I've thought about this with MiX talking how he expected Bow and Arrow to be a full vig - obviously a full vig is way too powerful to be in scum's hands, but a mod could easily make it full vig for town, 1-shot vig for scum.

I'm not by any means sure that this is the case, and it might very well not be, but it's something to keep in mind.

I asked the mods whether items had the same power for town and scum and they said they couldn't answer my question. So I think you're potentially onto something here.

she/her

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 20, 2020, 10:16:24 am »

Vote: e
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.