Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211910 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #400 on: March 19, 2020, 02:55:02 pm »

But you also know the subset of items those people got.

Hypothetical: 6 first rounders, 2 are scum. SO Mafia know nows 4 people are 4 items they got. If bandages was a 1st round item, then you've narrowed the doctor down to one of 4 people.

There's 9 first round claims. The low amount of second round claims is why this is a good idea, there's just way too many people that could have "the best item".

I agree the more first rounders, the more noise. But there's some info in there (that eventually could become even more useful), while I continue to see no tangible benefit to town.

You will when we're done, because ash has promised to explain.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 19, 2020, 03:29:05 pm »

SO in the mafia that you guys play are there any roles that are always Mafia or always town? Is it safe, then, for us to assume (or at least it's likely) that none of the items represent those roles? Because, how would that work?

(i.e same question as before, just that Doctior apparently was not a good example)

Are you asking this for curiosity's sake, or would you actually benefit from knowing the answer?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 19, 2020, 03:30:40 pm »

SO in the mafia that you guys play are there any roles that are always Mafia or always town? Is it safe, then, for us to assume (or at least it's likely) that none of the items represent those roles? Because, how would that work?

(i.e same question as before, just that Doctior apparently was not a good example)

Are you asking this for curiosity's sake, or would you actually benefit from knowing the answer?

Curiosity. I mean, I'm trying to figure out what I think each item / role combo is, so it would help me theoretically eliminate some possibilities.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 19, 2020, 03:33:06 pm »

Curiosity. I mean, I'm trying to figure out what I think each item / role combo is, so it would help me theoretically eliminate some possibilities.

Ok
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 19, 2020, 03:45:24 pm »

wow this thread is moving fast! im trying to keep up lol

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 19, 2020, 03:50:22 pm »

Hypothetical: 6 first rounders, 2 are scum. SO Mafia know nows 4 people are 4 items they got. If bandages was a 1st round item, then you've narrowed the doctor down to one of 4 people.

There's 9 first round claims. The low amount of second round claims is why this is a good idea, there's just way too many people that could have "the best item".

I agree the more first rounders, the more noise. But there's some info in there (that eventually could become even more useful), while I continue to see no tangible benefit to town.

Just because ash is going to explain something doesn't mean we're going to see the benefit.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 19, 2020, 03:52:18 pm »

Just because ash is going to explain something doesn't mean we're going to see the benefit.

I mean if ash's explanation sucks then we can just lynch him
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 19, 2020, 03:55:05 pm »

I don't want to lynch ash if his explanation sucks.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 19, 2020, 04:01:31 pm »

bad plan/explanation/reads != scum.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 19, 2020, 04:08:26 pm »

Why would you deliberately pick someone you think #1 would? It helps no one.

it helps you if you want to pick in the 2nd round
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 19, 2020, 04:09:06 pm »

Right, he did state it would provide me/royal us info. Unless he's miss using the term, royal we, that just means him.

Though I am curious to hear what he would reveal.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 19, 2020, 04:09:19 pm »

I don't think that comes into play at all. If i have a high draft, I go for the item I want the most. If I don't get it, well then there's another round where I can definitely get the best thing that remains. But why should I settle for a suboptimal choice from the start?

Believe it or not, not everyone has the same idea of what suboptimal or best are.  I have no doubt that there are choices that will seem bizarre to some and make sense to others. 
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 19, 2020, 04:17:04 pm »

Right, he did state it would provide me/royal us info. Unless he's miss using the term, royal we, that just means him.

well, ash claimed that he picked last, in the 2nd round. i'm guessing he ordered the items available in the second round, and didn't get his first pick.

therefore, if he knows the entire list of people who picked in the 2nd round, he can drastically narrow down which of those players (us) chose the items that were before his on his ordered list.

e.g., if Ash submitted the 2nd round list of "cigarette, fireplace, pokeball, wednesday" and got the pokeball, he knows that the cigarette and fireplace were taken by 2nd rounders ahead of him.

if we want Ash to have that knowledge, then by all means claim your round.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 19, 2020, 04:20:06 pm »

Has everyone released there round order yet? Did I just miss Faust?

And I'm 2r.  But honestly, round STILL isn't the most important piece of info.

What we REALLY need to know is everybody's draft order.  I was #13.

Vote: Shraeye for just throwing out draft order

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 19, 2020, 04:21:02 pm »

no, and there's no guarantee that everyone will, so stop saying "yet".

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 19, 2020, 04:24:46 pm »

well, ash claimed that he picked last, in the 2nd round. i'm guessing he ordered the items available in the second round, and didn't get his first pick.

therefore, if he knows the entire list of people who picked in the 2nd round, he can drastically narrow down which of those players (us) chose the items that were before his on his ordered list.

e.g., if Ash submitted the 2nd round list of "cigarette, fireplace, pokeball, wednesday" and got the pokeball, he knows that the cigarette and fireplace were taken by 2nd rounders ahead of him.

if we want Ash to have that knowledge, then by all means claim your round.

Good point. But why then add " It’s one of those “if I explain further it no longer works” things, though"? Is it jus because he thinks people would then make false claims to hurt this strategy?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 19, 2020, 04:25:07 pm »

no, and there's no guarantee that everyone will, so stop saying "yet".

Pretty scummy for one or few people to withhold info, everyone else has shared, without good reason

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 19, 2020, 04:27:26 pm »

And when we're done revealing everybody's draft number, I'll explain how that leads to actual scumhunting instead of just "now ash knows which items aren't used" or some other bizarrely specific, clairvoyance-dependent, unhelpful information

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 19, 2020, 04:29:26 pm »

Vote Count 1.2:

faust (2): Ashersky, Mail-Mi
Scolapasta (2): faust, Shraeye
LaLight (2): E!, WCD
RaptorSlayer (2): LaLight, MiX
Shraeye (2): Scolapasta, RaptorSlayer
Mail-Mi (1): Jimmm
EFHW (1): ADK
Lekkit (1): Glooble

Not Voting (3):  Lekkit, EFHW, Cayvie

Deadline is 9:15pm Forum Time on March 24th.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 19, 2020, 04:33:28 pm »

And when we're done revealing everybody's draft number, I'll explain how that leads to actual scumhunting instead of just "now ash knows which items aren't used" or some other bizarrely specific, clairvoyance-dependent, unhelpful information

yeah you know what?

vote: Ashersky

the bandages were available in round 2. i think he's searching for the doctor.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 19, 2020, 04:37:41 pm »

Pretty scummy for one or few people to withhold info, everyone else has shared, without good reason

if all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 19, 2020, 04:47:44 pm »

And why would you want that?

yeah you know what?

cayvie's towny, ash's towny, shraeye is towny...at this point I think everyone in the second round is town, and not by coincidence.

I can't tell how that helps other than scum's going to kill whoever was #1. Can you come up with a way to claim in "groups", like top 4, bottom 4, etc. that still helps "actual scumhunting"?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 19, 2020, 04:48:55 pm »

if all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?

If all of the town jumped off a bridge, I would also jump off a bridge, because otherwise I'm endgamed.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 19, 2020, 04:55:42 pm »

And why would you want that?

yeah you know what?

cayvie's towny, ash's towny, shraeye is towny...at this point I think everyone in the second round is town, and not by coincidence.

How would it not be at least somewhat coincidental?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 19, 2020, 04:59:50 pm »

How would it not be at least somewhat coincidental?

The information second rounders have look towny, and their plans and reactions to plans match only having this information. It helps that I have the same information.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 20 queries.