Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226184 times)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #950 on: April 16, 2020, 11:31:51 pm »

I am in total agreement with Faust that galz is hiding something. Unfortunately, since nobody else expressed that opinion, we haven't really made a compelling incentive for him to tell the truth.
Well, I should say more that I was in total agreement with Faust initially, but galz's subsequent posts have shifted me a little, but not that much because we haven't really made an incentive for him to tel the truth.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 16, 2020, 11:36:19 pm »

Also, mail-mi has claimed to have hard evidence that points to me being town, which is more than can be said for anybody else so I don't really get how I'm on the table at this point.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 16, 2020, 11:37:26 pm »

Vote: Eddie
Could you explain this vote?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 17, 2020, 01:09:03 am »

Vote: Eddie
Could you explain this vote?
I thought his defense of Galz scummy. Also, at the time I thought he was the one to sign the petition, or at the very least he defended someone who did. And I currentyl didn't want to be voting for Galzria because I was afraid of a self-hammer.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 17, 2020, 01:15:48 am »

Also, mail-mi has claimed to have hard evidence that points to me being town, which is more than can be said for anybody else so I don't really get how I'm on the table at this point.

Yeah, as I've thought more about this, there's no way that Skip's rolepower is scum. I mean, if it is, gg Ash, you tricked us. I will not be voting for skip today.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 17, 2020, 02:18:39 am »

Vote Count 2.8:

Galzria (5): EFHW, 2.7, WCD, skip, faust
skip (2): shraeye, cayvie
WCD (3): Galzria, uncle, mail-mi
uncleeurope (1): DatSwan

Not Voting (1): SpaceAnemone

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.  Day 2 ends on April 19 at 21:30 forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 17, 2020, 02:19:44 am »

@mod, as of post 750 I have been voting for galz

Sorry, I missed it.  Fixed.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 17, 2020, 02:45:13 am »

ok. time to catch up (pant pant).
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 17, 2020, 02:54:50 am »

The first is that she has a tell. If I’m correct, which I believe I am, I’m not really interested in divulging it as it’s usefulness ceases to exist the moment she can alter it - and it’s not so prevalent yet that she can’t simply say “nun-uh!” here and now, change it going forward, and it would get overlooked. Anybody that’s actually interested in finding it has access to all the same data points that I do.
Isn't your survival more important to you than whether or not WCD may do something more damning if you are not upfront about your accusations? Why would you even care whether your scumread is correct?

This point by faust got my attention. Why are you scumhunting, Galz?

Having read further, I see that you think there must be aliens among the scum. I think alien/human was probably assigned randomly.

There could be a delusional human faction. Seeing as we were given a free IC, I think there must be pretty significant threats against town. More than a mafia team and a weakened vig. Unless the mafia team is unusually large, I guess.

i am not a threat against town >:| stop that
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 17, 2020, 03:12:58 am »

And e is scummy for wanting to lynch galz even though he believes the claim. Just an easy way of not committing to a lynch by hiding behind a policy-survivor-lynch.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: April 17, 2020, 03:19:38 am »

The first is that she has a tell. If I’m correct, which I believe I am, I’m not really interested in divulging it as it’s usefulness ceases to exist the moment she can alter it - and it’s not so prevalent yet that she can’t simply say “nun-uh!” here and now, change it going forward, and it would get overlooked. Anybody that’s actually interested in finding it has access to all the same data points that I do.
Isn't your survival more important to you than whether or not WCD may do something more damning if you are not upfront about your accusations? Why would you even care whether your scumread is correct?

Having read further, I see that you think there must be aliens among the scum. I think alien/human was probably assigned randomly.

There could be a delusional human faction. Seeing as we were given a free IC, I think there must be pretty significant threats against town. More than a mafia team and a weakened vig. Unless the mafia team is unusually large, I guess.

actually grr i'm right around to vote: EFHW after rereading this post. i think calling a "vig" a "threat" is a genuine scumslip.

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #961 on: April 17, 2020, 07:59:38 am »

When I put it through Google translate, I get: "Samurai, this war will soon end. Our victory will be brilliant. Until humans surrender, food is cut in half due to transportation problems. Feel free to eat local animals and supplement your diet. The winged animals called owls are especially delicious. Glory to Spheny!"

WHAT?!?

The winged animals called owls are especially delicious?! What kind of outrage is this?! We have been reduced to eating owls?

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 17, 2020, 08:08:29 am »

Catching up with the catching up.

I’ll be interested to hear what Space is thinking. I appreciate the meaningful questions, so I’ll hold off on anything further until she has had time to assess

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #963 on: April 17, 2020, 08:11:12 am »

We have been reduced to eating owls?
You shouldn't claim alien, it means Galz will want to kill you even more.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 17, 2020, 08:12:09 am »

I’ll be interested to hear what Space is thinking. I appreciate the meaningful questions, so I’ll hold off on anything further until she has had time to assess
That's not how it works. The IC does stuff in the background, and we're supposed to post and stuff.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 17, 2020, 09:26:27 am »

actually grr i'm right around to vote: EFHW after rereading this post. i think calling a "vig" a "threat" is a genuine scumslip.

Given recent history, perhaps I can be forgiven for looking less than kindly at vigs. In any case, vigs are very swingy. How do you think they fit into balance considerations?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 17, 2020, 12:06:23 pm »

A similar question to @Mail-mi, about the MiX wagon from about #400. The wagon reached 7 at its peak (#320), but then faust moved off. LL and pubby were there, as was claimed-third-party Galz. Swan left the wagon at #409. What is your impression of the scum team's movements at that point, in terms of where they were voting if the MiX mislynch perhaps wasn't a big focus for them? Do you infer anything about Shraeye's or Swan's alignment?

Let me go take a look at those posts.

So the wagon at its peak was [mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, DatSwan, faust, LaLight, pubby]. I find it hard to believe that there are no scum on this wagon, considering it was on town. I have a bit of a townier read on shraeye (no particular reason, just feelings and experiences with playing with shraeye in the past) so I'd say faust/DatSwan is more likely to be scum here. I'd have to do a reread of both to be certain, but I'd definitely be willing to switch to either of them (or shraeye if necessary) if it comes down to it.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 17, 2020, 12:26:11 pm »

A similar question to @Mail-mi, about the MiX wagon from about #400. The wagon reached 7 at its peak (#320), but then faust moved off. LL and pubby were there, as was claimed-third-party Galz. Swan left the wagon at #409. What is your impression of the scum team's movements at that point, in terms of where they were voting if the MiX mislynch perhaps wasn't a big focus for them? Do you infer anything about Shraeye's or Swan's alignment?

So the wagon at its peak was [mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, DatSwan, faust, LaLight, pubby]. I find it hard to believe that there are no scum on this wagon, considering it was on town. I have a bit of a townier read on shraeye (no particular reason, just feelings and experiences with playing with shraeye in the past) so I'd say faust/DatSwan is more likely to be scum here. I'd have to do a reread of both to be certain, but I'd definitely be willing to switch to either of them (or shraeye if necessary) if it comes down to it.
Well there is a scum on the wagon - it's Galzria, who you've colored purple without any evidence.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 17, 2020, 01:00:57 pm »

Well there is a scum on the wagon - it's Galzria, who you've colored purple without any evidence.

I colored purple as "not town." I suppose I could have done grey. Also I'm not considering Galz scum because I believe his claim (I seem to be in a minority, but I do) and I also think that him playing toward his wincon currently helps town, and we can use all the help we can get.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 17, 2020, 02:25:30 pm »

Given recent history, perhaps I can be forgiven for looking less than kindly at vigs. In any case, vigs are very swingy. How do you think they fit into balance considerations?

i think vigs in general are a strong town role, especially when they shoot scumfoos. yeah they're swingy but, like...

if there was a game mechanic that a totally random player just died one night, that would be a protown event in my eyes. and a vig shot is better than that, since it's controlled by a townie.

she/her

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 17, 2020, 03:28:38 pm »

I colored purple as "not town." I suppose I could have done grey. Also I'm not considering Galz scum because I believe his claim (I seem to be in a minority, but I do) and I also think that him playing toward his wincon currently helps town, and we can use all the help we can get.
Nah, if you were in the minority, then Galzria would be dead.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 17, 2020, 04:18:03 pm »

Yeah, as I've thought more about this, there's no way that Skip's rolepower is scum. I mean, if it is, gg Ash, you tricked us. I will not be voting for skip today.
I need at least a modicum of clarification here.  Is his role power just to send a message?  Or did you get "something" in addition to the message?  Because just sending a message is 100% 100% 100% NAI.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 17, 2020, 04:21:37 pm »

I need at least a modicum of clarification here.  Is his role power just to send a message?  Or did you get "something" in addition to the message?  Because just sending a message is 100% 100% 100% NAI.

I will say this: I did not get a message. I only got, as you say "something."

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 17, 2020, 04:24:53 pm »

I just reread Skip - not really seeing a lot there.  Nothing townie or scummy, just a big bag of null.  Let's see what other rereads bring
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 17, 2020, 05:15:06 pm »

Been reading while prepping for Drunk Mafia.

faust is a beacon of wisdom and knowledge this game.  Shouldn't lynch

Galzria is not town, is not working for town, and should be lynched.

WCD is being friendly...too friendly.  Oh wait, it's WCD.  Of course she is friendly.  But still.

Skip is nondescript, which is scummy.

mail-mi is playing exactly how I would expect them to play, which is null.

Other people are also playing the game.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.