Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226302 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #900 on: April 15, 2020, 11:04:13 am »

FWIW, I believe Galz in this claim. And there's no reason to lunch him because, like he's stated, he's helping town right now, and we could use our lunch in better places.
Yeah, we should just lynch people who will state that they're not helping town! Scumhunting can be so easy!
::)
Seriously though, what makes you think that Galzria intends to help town? How is he currently helping town?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 15, 2020, 11:14:55 am »

FWIW, I believe Galz in this claim. And there's no reason to lunch him because, like he's stated, he's helping town right now, and we could use our lunch in better places.
Yeah, we should just lynch people who will state that they're not helping town! Scumhunting can be so easy!
Seriously though, what makes you think that Galzria intends to help town? How is he currently helping town?

He said it himself. He's looking for scum aliens right now. We can always lynch him later, if we need to.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 15, 2020, 11:23:37 am »

He said it himself. He's looking for scum aliens right now. We can always lynch him later, if we need to.
I mean, yes he said it, but anyone would say that; why do you believe him?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 15, 2020, 11:29:47 am »

I mean, yes he said it, but anyone would say that; why do you believe him?

I believe his claim, it sounds like something Ash would do and as he said it wasn't forced. Yeah, maybe it's a scum move but for now I believe him.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 15, 2020, 11:38:14 am »

i feel like we need to lynch mafia today and galz isn't it
Yeah, come join on on this skip business

What’s the story with Skip?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 15, 2020, 11:53:47 am »

Mail-mi, this is just too naive.  In a suspicious sort of way.  I still don't want to vote Galz, but I'm more and more interested in mailmi

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 15, 2020, 12:02:26 pm »

Mail-mi, this is just too naive.  In a suspicious sort of way.  I still don't want to vote Galz, but I'm more and more interested in mailmi

Galz has claimed some sort of survivor variant who can win with town. Nothing in his claim has struck scum bells or liar bells in my head, especially given his responses to doubts on his claim. As of right now, other scum are more dangerous than this third party (especially since Galz can't kill) and so I am on the lookout for those scum. If and when new information comes to light, I will reexamine Galz, but for now he's off the table for me.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 15, 2020, 12:48:51 pm »

Survivors always say they want to help town, and they mean it. But when it comes down to it, they'll switch sides to achieve their wincon.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 15, 2020, 12:51:36 pm »

Survivors always say they want to help town, and they mean it. But when it comes down to it, they'll switch sides to achieve their wincon.

and right now, we're not down to it. Also if there's scum Aliens, siding with scum (before that alien(s) is dead) is actively against Galz's wincon.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 15, 2020, 12:53:25 pm »

and right now, we're not down to it. Also if there's scum Aliens, siding with scum (before that alien(s) is dead) is actively against Galz's wincon.

But he has no idea who are aliens and who aren't. Unless someone wants to claim flavor cop. My point is that he will follow his wincon, not town's. That makes him inherently untrustworthy.

BTW, my personal theory is that he is one of a faction, and the other member is Didds.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 15, 2020, 12:57:13 pm »

But he has no idea who are aliens and who aren't. Unless someone wants to claim flavor cop. My point is that he will follow his wincon, not town's. That makes him inherently untrustworthy.

BTW, my personal theory is that he is one of a faction, and the other member is Didds.

But by simple math, the more town humans that flip, the more likely there is to be an Alien(s) within scum. So the more he sides with scum, the more likely he is to be going against his wincon. Perhaps when an alien Scum flips, we should lynch him, but for now there are better places for our votes.

BTW, why don't you join us on Didds then? Either way you are lynching someone you think is nontown,

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 15, 2020, 03:45:11 pm »

Galz is still not a survivor.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 15, 2020, 04:26:51 pm »

Galz is still not a survivor.
You still haven't explained what you mean.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 15, 2020, 04:27:48 pm »

BTW, why don't you join us on Didds then? Either way you are lynching someone you think is nontown,

That is a kind invitation. I will keep it in mind.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 15, 2020, 04:31:49 pm »

That is a kind invitation. I will keep it in mind.

This is just how Shraeye behaves without raerae being able to yank information out of him.

I assume he means that Galz shouldn’t be called a survivor since he wants to kill specific players so he will always have alterior motives.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: April 15, 2020, 04:32:14 pm »

Ehhh, quoted the wrong post.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 15, 2020, 04:44:43 pm »

I think you would read that I was weirdly disengaged D1.
Galz, you're always disengaged on D1, so it's not weird.

I disagree. The last non-BM game I was in, iZombie, I had 19 posts Day 1 out of 294 total. With 14 people in the game that’s an average of 21. That’s hardly disengaged compared to the average person.

right but I mean 90% come in during the last 5% of day in most games I play with you. it doesn't matter, but yeah also to back up the point I do not read you as disengaged day 1  in this game I read you as normal. but to your point, given the content you speak on day one, I can see how the "IDK how to get into it" concept is a thing.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 15, 2020, 07:39:10 pm »

I do not want to lynch Galz or WCD. but I will lynch Galz before WCD.

Galz - I actually believe you are the survivor variant. But I believe WCD is town, which means you are the better choice if I have to choose. Will you not push eddie with me? if not will you push anyone else? I will gladly sheep you on like anyone but her or myself at this point.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 15, 2020, 07:40:05 pm »

also your previous question about skip - answer is - I have no clue. Never played with them. limited interactions, and I don't know what to dial in as towny or skummy.
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 15, 2020, 07:48:17 pm »

I got about 200 posts behind because work exploded. I'm all caught up, but now it's past bed time.

I feel like Galz's claim gave a lot of people a chance to react, which is useful. Where's e, though? (I know, right? I'm one to talk...)

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 15, 2020, 08:01:06 pm »

Galz - I actually believe you are the survivor variant. But I believe WCD is town, which means you are the better choice if I have to choose. Will you not push eddie with me? if not will you push anyone else? I will gladly sheep you on like anyone but her or myself at this point.

Why in the wide world of heck am I evil, though?

Uncleeurope Eddie

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #921 on: April 15, 2020, 08:54:43 pm »

I remember the earliest months of rebuilding.  So many lost homes and buildings and infrastructure.  Seeing your hometown shopping mall in ruins like a scene out of a movie was surreal.  But it was the things the movies gloss over: the long-forgotten dead bodies to be discovered and buried.  The effect on the environment of constant war with off-world tech.  Sure, the reduced population led to some reforestation, a slight dent in the climate change phenomenon.  But at what cost?  Horse flies flourished, but other animals went extinct.  Why?

The alien transmissions continue to interfere with radio, television, and communications signals sporadically.  Who knows is there are any Espheni left out in space?  But if there are, I hope they turn ---

武士、この戦争はすぐに終わります。 私たちの勝利は輝かしいでしょう。 人間の降参があるまで、輸送問題のため口糧は半減されます。 地元の動物を自由に食べて、食事を補ってください。 フクロウと呼ばれる有翼動物は特に美味しいです。 エスフェニーに栄光を!

--- off those transmitters some day.

—Diary Entry, a day during a cold summer, some time after the defeat of the Espheni

Vote Count 2.7:

Galzria (4): EFHW, 2.7, WCD, faust
skip (2): shraeye, cayvie
WCD (3): Galzria, uncle, mail-mi
uncleeurope (1): DatSwan

Not Voting (2): SpaceAnemone, skip

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.  Day 2 ends on April 19 at 21:30 forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 15, 2020, 09:11:50 pm »

武士、この戦争はすぐに終わります。 私たちの勝利は輝かしいでしょう。 人間の降参があるまで、輸送問題のため口糧は半減されます。 地元の動物を自由に食べて、食事を補ってください。 フクロウと呼ばれる有翼動物は特に美味しいです。 エスフェニーに栄光を!

"Samurai, this war will soon be over. Our victory will be brilliant. Until humans surrender, food is cut in half due to transportation problems."

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 15, 2020, 10:30:21 pm »

Why in the wide world of heck am I evil, though?

honestly, I do not have a great reason.
I am not lynching WCD.
I do not want to lynch Galz.
I still don't want to lynch Cayvie.
Space is town (today at least) so that's not happening.
gap...
I don't like the way the EFHW wagon started up... so skeptical there.

That leaves...
Eddie/MailMi/E!/faust/Shraeye/Skip.

From my POE it is, in order:
E! - tried, he isn't talking. didn't get any help. can't change anything about what I have already tried.
Eddie/MailMi - trusting my gut on WCD. If I am right, that makes that wagon potentially skummy. Don't wanna lynch Galz. You pinged me skummy D1 over MailMi, so I land on you.
Skip/Shraeye - Don't know skip. Shraeye is a smig off.
faust - only reason he is even on the list is bc if Galz ever flipped red I would push for faust immediately assuming their whole convo was fabricated. But I don't think Galz is skum, so I therefore am null on faust... or even a slight town lean I suppose.

All in all - I got no good reasons. Every wagon that has been presented I hated except for pubby, who was freekin town. so yeah. I am currently torn between the safe lynch on galz (bc he either what he says or skum, but never town), and trying to lynch skum (which would have the potential downside of not being a skum lynch, and instead town, which galz will never be).

I am open to suggestions, even from you, if you are willing to look away from WCD/Space/faust and small ass gap - galz.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 15, 2020, 10:30:48 pm »

"Samurai, this war will soon be over. Our victory will be brilliant. Until humans surrender, food is cut in half due to transportation problems."

Oh that can't possibly be important at all...
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.