Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226275 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #825 on: April 14, 2020, 02:34:07 pm »

Intent to hammer myself is still in place if I reach L-1.

I have not lied about anything, and am exactly as claimed.

WCD is scum, and you should lynch her.

Eddie is correct that scum likely choose to kill LaLight based on knowledge that he was signing (LaLight, I apologize that your good-deed got punished!)

I'm not scum. Lynching me would be pointless.

Signing your petition = death. I don't see how that is good for town at all. And why would anyone risk signing now when there is not benefit?

You are scum, but I'm not going to have a debate with you about it.

Signing doesn't = death, but that's what you wanted to frame it as when you shot LL knowing he was signing it last night. That's cool. You can lynch me, I'll flip Anthony Walker, A Delusional Humanist. At night, the meeting QT will still be generated, and the petition will still go out. Everything I've claimed will happen will continue to happen. People will probably sign it in secret, just to prove you wrong (and me right) because that's how people are. Tomorrow, you'll get lynched, and you'll flip scum - clearing everything I've stated as being true, as I'll flip what I've claimed, and you'll flip whatever flavor of scum you actually are.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 14, 2020, 03:00:04 pm »

Why shouldn't they?
Because if you're telling the truth, then it doesn't help anyone, and there's always the chance that you're lying and something more sinister happens when you sign the petition. So the smart thing is to not sign it.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 14, 2020, 03:09:58 pm »

Why shouldn't they?
Because if you're telling the truth, then it doesn't help anyone, and there's always the chance that you're lying and something more sinister happens when you sign the petition. So the smart thing is to not sign it.

Well, they might sign it after he flips, if his claim.

Do you think Galz is the best lynch for today?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 14, 2020, 03:11:04 pm »

Eddie is correct that scum likely choose to kill LaLight based on knowledge that he was signing (LaLight, I apologize that your good-deed got punished!)

Signing your petition = death. I don't see how that is good for town at all. And why would anyone risk signing now when there is not benefit?

Signing doesn't = death, but that's what you wanted to frame it as when you shot LL knowing he was signing it last night. That's cool. You can lynch me, I'll flip Anthony Walker, A Delusional Humanist. At night, the meeting QT will still be generated, and the petition will still go out. Everything I've claimed will happen will continue to happen. People will probably sign it in secret, just to prove you wrong (and me right) because that's how people are. Tomorrow, you'll get lynched, and you'll flip scum - clearing everything I've stated as being true, as I'll flip what I've claimed, and you'll flip whatever flavor of scum you actually are.

Wow...you are the delusional humanist. I am not scum. Not even a little bit. Your certainty is laughable, but also infuriating because the only way for me to prove that you're wrong is to die, and then I am dead and you win and you don't even care that you are completely mischaracterizing me.

If you think anyone would sign to prove me wrong you are WAAAYYY overestimating my value to anyone in this game.

Even your scenario doesn't make sense.  If Lalight was killed because he signed, Eddie is just as likely to have done it. You zeroing in on me says something else is going on here.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 14, 2020, 03:11:19 pm »

Why shouldn't they?

Generally a true thought process. But not all people are as cold and heartless as you are :P (I want to make it clear I'm absolutely joking here - I don't in any way intend that as a serious insult towards you!).

If I'm telling the truth (and I am), it doesn't help anybody directly, no. It also, if I'm telling the truth (I am) doesn't hurt them either. And there ARE reasons that knowing is valuable to town. Now... town doesn't need FOUR people to verify - so the chances I get 4 signatures is relatively small.... but there IS value to town in one player being able to confirm the truth.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 14, 2020, 04:12:52 pm »

Why shouldn't they?

If he flips third party, there's still no guarantee that he didn't lie.

I don't know, not necessarily. But we can definitely do worse.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 14, 2020, 04:36:34 pm »

Holy crap.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 14, 2020, 05:03:12 pm »

So fact check me here galz, that was a lot of words in a row to catch up on...

1) You currently have survivor win con or whatever, but you need to be alive when all aliens are dead.
   1a) if you get a proxy, they can act in your stead for that same win con
        ----QUESTION: Do they need to fufill their own win con still to win? Or just your win con? Or do they literally change nothing and you just get a puppet or whatever?

2) Each night, alive or dead, 1/3 of the population will get this petition thingy giving them a chance to sign.
QUESTIONS:
a) Assuming you get your 4 signs, does it continue to send and make a QT each night for the rest of the game. Like tonight, you get 3 more. Tomorrow night it sends again or no?
b) You need 4 TOTAL signs right? like not 4 in a night?
c) To the best of your knowledge, there is ABSOLUTELY NO RAMIFICATIONS AT ALL for signing the document?

3) If you get 4 signs then you get the ability to ask someone to be a proxy.
QUESTIONS:
a) How are you going to know who to ask if you never know who is in the groups?
b) Furthing on that, since you said that you can still ask someone after death.... like you wouldn't even be able to ask in thread for someone to speak up... so just anything on how that works at all?
c) How many times can you ask. I.E. - if tomorrow you get "3 more" and now you have 4. Can you just start cycling through people until you hopefully find a yes? or is it x shot?
d) how does the question of "will you be my proxy queen" get sent? do you submit to Ash? is it in game thread?

4) You opened your claim with making your "case" on WCD, which I do not agree with at all, but whatever that is not the point. Everything you did actually does line up with having the mindset of trying to find skum. At first I think it didn't, but thinking it over, it makes sense. You look into you top likely case, post it first, then post up the claim and then point out that you ofc want skum to get lynched. All that is fine... here are the issues.
a) I do not think you are gonna get skum out of WCD here, which of course is just clashing opinions, but makes me weary of your "read".
b) If your win con is "be alive when all the Aliens are dead", and as you said you believe there are Town and Skum Aliens... how do you see this claim working out for you? Real question, I did rough math, but I am sure you did it better before you claimed. Like on the ven diagram of things, I don't think that works in your favor right? Potential roles that would not want to sign your thing, unless I am missing something, include [Town Alien, Skum Alien, or like non-Alien skum]. Players on the possible sign list would be [Non-Alien Town.... and others?]. So yeah, I guess the question is... because you were not close enough to lynch to feel pressure at the time of claim... why not hold onto this info for a while? What did you gain here?
c) If I understand how this all works... which I probably don't... you are essentially just asking for help on the promise that you are tellilng the truth here right? Like there is absolutely no gain or loss for players that sign and/or agree to proxy you?

Sorry that is a lot and apologies if you embedded them in you thought process, but if I could just get some quick yes/no clarifications it would settle my mind a lot.
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 14, 2020, 05:45:06 pm »

So fact check me here galz, that was a lot of words in a row to catch up on...

1) You currently have survivor win con or whatever, but you need to be alive when all aliens are dead.
   1a) if you get a proxy, they can act in your stead for that same win con
        ----QUESTION: Do they need to fufill their own win con still to win? Or just your win con? Or do they literally change nothing and you just get a puppet or whatever?

Their wincon does not change. If they're town, their town wincon still applies to them. If they're scum, their scum wincon still applies. Make sense?

2) Each night, alive or dead, 1/3 of the population will get this petition thingy giving them a chance to sign.
QUESTIONS:
a) Assuming you get your 4 signs, does it continue to send and make a QT each night for the rest of the game. Like tonight, you get 3 more. Tomorrow night it sends again or no?
b) You need 4 TOTAL signs right? like not 4 in a night?
c) To the best of your knowledge, there is ABSOLUTELY NO RAMIFICATIONS AT ALL for signing the document?

a) To the best of my knowledge, based on the wording Ash gave me, it's an "every night" thing, for the entirety of the game, regardless of my status (dead/alive)

b) Correct - signatures carry over night to night. But the number needed is unique signatures (so if you signed last night, but were brought in again tonight and signed again, that wouldn't matter)

c) This is correct.

3) If you get 4 signs then you get the ability to ask someone to be a proxy.
QUESTIONS:
a) How are you going to know who to ask if you never know who is in the groups?
b) Furthing on that, since you said that you can still ask someone after death.... like you wouldn't even be able to ask in thread for someone to speak up... so just anything on how that works at all?
c) How many times can you ask. I.E. - if tomorrow you get "3 more" and now you have 4. Can you just start cycling through people until you hopefully find a yes? or is it x shot?
d) how does the question of "will you be my proxy queen" get sent? do you submit to Ash? is it in game thread?

a) This was the question I brought up last night - because you're right, I don't have an answer to that. I asked Ash, and his response was ... I'll let you know when you need to know ... (obv not directly quoting words, but meaning is verbatim)

b) I assume, the way it's worded, that I submit the invite in my QT at night (it's a 1-shot action, that activates when I have 4 signatures). I think this is what you're asking?

c) Whoops, think I answered this in b) :D It's a 1-shot action. I can ask just once.

d) No clue. From the way it's worded, I submit "Ask Player X to join the Delusional Humanists" in my QT, and Ash does/handles the rest.

4) You opened your claim with making your "case" on WCD, which I do not agree with at all, but whatever that is not the point. Everything you did actually does line up with having the mindset of trying to find skum. At first I think it didn't, but thinking it over, it makes sense. You look into you top likely case, post it first, then post up the claim and then point out that you ofc want skum to get lynched. All that is fine... here are the issues.
a) I do not think you are gonna get skum out of WCD here, which of course is just clashing opinions, but makes me weary of your "read".
b) If your win con is "be alive when all the Aliens are dead", and as you said you believe there are Town and Skum Aliens... how do you see this claim working out for you? Real question, I did rough math, but I am sure you did it better before you claimed. Like on the ven diagram of things, I don't think that works in your favor right? Potential roles that would not want to sign your thing, unless I am missing something, include [Town Alien, Skum Alien, or like non-Alien skum]. Players on the possible sign list would be [Non-Alien Town.... and others?]. So yeah, I guess the question is... because you were not close enough to lynch to feel pressure at the time of claim... why not hold onto this info for a while? What did you gain here?
c) If I understand how this all works... which I probably don't... you are essentially just asking for help on the promise that you are tellilng the truth here right? Like there is absolutely no gain or loss for players that sign and/or agree to proxy you?

a) First, I strongly suggest you re-read the entire game thread, as I did posting everything up, not just isolating her. The level to which she's scummy is off the charts. Like, it's ridiculous. Not to mention I believe she has a tell. But as you say, different opinions. Fine. Just strongly, STRONGLY disagree.

b) I gained nothing. I don't think it matters. I've had/am having this discussion with Ash. I have no point in this game. I'm not hunting scum. I'm not hunting town. I don't know exactly who it is that I want to lynch, and there's no way for me to find out. Nobody plays to their "race". They play to their alignment. So I can't get any true reads that actually matter in any meaningful way whatsoever. I have no goal for which I can actively pursue. The point of the the claim then, was that given town is behind and has seen two Aliens flipped - you better believe that *I* believe my best chance to win at this point is to hunt for the scum Aliens. I'm not a normal Survivor. I don't want to support the "winning" team. Two Town Aliens are dead. Might there be more? Sure. Probably even. But town is behind and there are almost certainly scum Aliens out there. That's where my focus is.

c) I'm not even asking for help. If I'm not lynched at this point, I encourage anybody in the QT at night NOT to sign the petition. Not because it does any harm (it doesn't), but because as faust says, there's simply no reason to. If I'm lynched though, yeah, obviously I want ya'll to sign it. My only chance of meeting my own wincon at that point is if I can ask for a Proxy.

Sorry that is a lot and apologies if you embedded them in you thought process, but if I could just get some quick yes/no clarifications it would settle my mind a lot.

lmk if there's something more I can clarify/answer.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 14, 2020, 07:06:30 pm »

Wow...you are the delusional humanist. I am not scum. Not even a little bit. Your certainty is laughable, but also infuriating because the only way for me to prove that you're wrong is to die, and then I am dead and you win and you don't even care that you are completely mischaracterizing me.

If you think anyone would sign to prove me wrong you are WAAAYYY overestimating my value to anyone in this game.

Even your scenario doesn't make sense.  If Lalight was killed because he signed, Eddie is just as likely to have done it. You zeroing in on me says something else is going on here.

I believe her paranoia here is that it was the signing itself that killed LaLight.
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 14, 2020, 07:08:07 pm »

vote: Didds

Not liking her reaction to Galz's scumread on her, seems over-the-top and not like town Didds.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 14, 2020, 07:12:59 pm »

Why shouldn't they?

If he flips third party, there's still no guarantee that he didn't lie.

I don't know, not necessarily. But we can definitely do worse.

do you think he is skum?
real good. That’s how

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 14, 2020, 07:36:31 pm »

Galz is still a survivor in the alignment sense

The role Galz claimed is not survivor

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 14, 2020, 08:11:38 pm »

Did you figure this out before or after you started the day by voting for EFWH for no apparent reasom?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 14, 2020, 08:29:44 pm »

Galz is still a survivor in the alignment sense

The role Galz claimed is not survivor

What is it?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #840 on: April 14, 2020, 08:52:50 pm »

Vote Count 2.6:

Galzria (3): EFHW, 2.7, WCD
2.7 (1): DatSwan
skip (2): shraeye, cayvie
WCD (3): Galzria, uncle, mail-mi
uncleeurope (1): faust

Not Voting (2): SpaceAnemone, skip

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.  Day 2 ends on April 19 at 21:30 forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 14, 2020, 09:32:17 pm »

vote: eddie
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 14, 2020, 10:53:52 pm »

vote: Didds

Not liking her reaction to Galz's scumread on her, seems over-the-top and not like town Didds.

Because Galz is providing an explanation that we can scrutinize and discuss? Two or three people have asked about why he is so convinced I’m scum, but he’s not answering. How am I supposed to respond to that? He’s ignoring them and doubling down on his opinion of me that isn’t based in any reality. I’m not entirely sure what that makes him, but it’s not pro-town.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 14, 2020, 11:36:27 pm »

yo galz - is there a situation where you get put into the hood grouping at night? like can you ever be apart or see what people say there?
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 14, 2020, 11:43:02 pm »

yo galz - is there a situation where you get put into the hood grouping at night? like can you ever be apart or see what people say there?

It’s purely random, so yes.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 14, 2020, 11:44:56 pm »

if someone signs can they be grouped again?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 14, 2020, 11:45:28 pm »

and not to be a dick - but have you confirmed this? as in this is not an assumption, it is clearly stated?
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 14, 2020, 11:48:24 pm »

and not to be a dick - but have you confirmed this? as in this is not an assumption, it is clearly stated?

if someone signs can they be grouped again?

It is purely random, so again, yes.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 15, 2020, 12:01:09 am »

eddie - could the players in the signing thing talk openly with one and other?
real good. That’s how

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 15, 2020, 12:29:59 am »

eddie - could the players in the signing thing talk openly with one and other?

Yup.

We also weren’t told who was in the group, which meant if any of us decided not to talk we would never learn of their existence.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.