Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67  All

Author Topic: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia- Game Over, Everyone Loses!  (Read 172917 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia (Day Three)
« Reply #1075 on: November 27, 2019, 12:46:31 pm »

If that's really true, then why did Bright then not even remember to (or mention that he was going to) constrain the game states he was considering to contain at least on vig?
Because what's factual for me isn't factual for you. But yeah, it's bad.

You are literally claiming to be a vig and yet you've been making up stats about how many of what faction to include without insisting there's a vig there. So that's a fact I shouldn't even have to take into account, but one that is genuinely meant to be a fact for you. What's more, it's a fact you claimed earlier, but seem not to be incorporating in the follow-up reasoning you present to the thread. That's why I feel it looks particularly bad.

(Skipping over one bit if your quote temporarily)

Alternatively, if he thought I was remembering about the vig thing, why wasn't he calling me on that yesterday?
When was this? Are we talking about Day 2 or Nov 25?

I meant yesterday as in the IRL-day-before, when I'd been querying your stats based on the fact that you appeared to have completely forgotten to update the possible game states based on the fact that:
A) You now claim that you knew there had to be a one-shot vig, but were not assuming non-vig-containing game states were impossible.
B) You weren't even ensuring that there were enough players of the various factions to cover all the N1 kills observed, in spite of the fact you claim that you caused one of them.

I feel that there's enough weirdness here, and enough lack of clarity in the responses, that it deserves a Vote: Bright.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 27, 2019, 12:53:09 pm »

We have 37 hours until deadline.

I don’t think a no lynch helps us. But I’m not sure how much I’ll be around tomorrow.

I’m not against the bright vote but for the cryptic mail-mi comment which is enough to wait and see. So,

Vote: Space (L-2)
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 27, 2019, 12:54:10 pm »

I mean, it's possible there's an SK and no real mafia faction, but that seems incredibly unlikely.
Where have you been? I think everyone here has suspected a SK since Night 1.
Doubt only comes in when you suspect faust was lying about their faction not using their kill on Night 1. I'm inclined to believe that they didn't, seeing as they had(have?) a single kill for the whole game, and multiple players that can ensure it will be used. Plenty of time to figure out who to use it on.

Sounds like I've been misremembering, which isn't too unlikely given that I lost engagement a little at the start of D2 just through being busy, and now I'm rather unwell and kind of fuzzy-brained. That makes me rather more autistic than normal, in a detail-oriented sense, but also rather less able to remember good levels of detail. My work day pretty much sucks!

Anyway, I thought we had one claimed vig one-shot (you), one kill from the Alien faction, one from the WW, and then a presumed fourth from Mafia.

If your own numbers, even if you're ensuring at least one vig being present, are also now indicating a high likelihood of there being an SK, then either one of the major expected scum factions didn't shoot after all, or something saved us from a fifth expected kill, if there was an SK shot in the mix.

I'm perfect able to accept any of those things as an explanation, but I do still find it strange that you, who have presumably had to think through this in detail in order to code up your sampler, hadn't felt driven to mention any of the oddities or weird scenarios that that reading of the data implied.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 27, 2019, 01:08:23 pm »

I think Vote: bright is much better, based on Space's posts above

I don't think Space and bright are on the same team. But they could both be non-town
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 27, 2019, 01:15:19 pm »

I don't think Space and bright are on the same team. But they could both be non-town

Then why do you vote one and not another? You have some extra info on which teams they are?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: November 27, 2019, 01:15:43 pm »

I agree with that assessment. What about mail-mi I saying not bright? (Too hard to find it on my phone)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 27, 2019, 01:16:46 pm »

I don’t think we should be voting for bright right now. I have reasons to believe that he is town. (I’m not 100% sure, but you know).

Meanwhile, I’ll join the vote: space wagon right now. Not a final vote but a good place for now.

Here it is

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 27, 2019, 01:17:44 pm »

You are literally claiming to be a vig and yet you've been making up stats about how many of what faction to include without insisting there's a vig there.
I'm confused by what you mean. My initial analyses rejected games only based on alignment, and the final output was by alignment. Under that paradigm, the only way the knowledge I'm a vig came into play is when I assumed 3 kills = 3 scum rather than 4 kills = 4 scum. It's obvious why I didn't assume the later.

Keep in mind, there's a bunch of other stuff I could've done with individual roles, like rejecting all simulated games with a Mafia Reflexive Doctor (discarded by Archetype in our game) or rejecting all games without a Town Day Vigilante (jotheonah's role in our game). But the number of games that pass the filter drop quickly if I do stuff like that, and I'd then have to up the number of simulations to millions.

Also I could've just said nothing, it's been more than a week since I first posted numbers.

Space, Joseph, your votes mean nothing. Mail-mi would claim before I'm lynched. And you both know this, so again, this is all a transparent attempt to get him to claim before the day ends.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 27, 2019, 01:28:51 pm »

Prod request: Galzria

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 27, 2019, 02:09:34 pm »

The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 27, 2019, 03:33:04 pm »

Space is making the sense.

Vote: Bright I can't believe I'm voting for a scumslip!

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 27, 2019, 04:44:24 pm »

Space is making the sense.

Vote: Bright I can't believe I'm voting for a scumslip!
Lines are certainly being drawn here.

And it's not a scumslip if I volunteered the information! All of Space's suspicion leans entirely on mistakes I owned up to without prompting!

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 27, 2019, 04:47:28 pm »

Then why do you vote one and not another? You have some extra info on which teams they are?
No extra info. But if one of them is town, I think Space is townier

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 27, 2019, 05:52:16 pm »

My information in no means confirms Bright isn't scum. And I will not be claiming before he gets lynched if that is the case because he still might be scum. He just has a slightly higher chance of being town.

I agree with Joseph's assessment that bright and space are not on the same team.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 27, 2019, 07:10:19 pm »

Hmmm...I was assuming Mail-mi’s info was more solid. I’d rather be voting for him, but need a vote count. Anyone know where we’re at?

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 27, 2019, 07:23:15 pm »

My information in no means confirms Bright isn't scum. And I will not be claiming before he gets lynched if that is the case because he still might be scum.
Good.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 27, 2019, 08:19:08 pm »

My information in no means confirms Bright isn't scum. And I will not be claiming before he gets lynched if that is the case because he still might be scum. He just has a slightly higher chance of being town.

I agree with Joseph's assessment that bright and space are not on the same team.

^^this is also why I'm voting space instead of bright
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 27, 2019, 09:47:30 pm »

I think Bright has the highest chance of being scum.  Owning up to a scumslip is NAI.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 27, 2019, 10:13:48 pm »

Who owned up to a scumslip? 

Why/when was sudgy lying?

I feel like I'm not in the same page as all those last posts

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 27, 2019, 10:32:12 pm »

Okay, vote: Bright I think that puts him at L-2, but I’m not certain

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: November 28, 2019, 03:58:55 am »

Sorry all, surprisingly less time on a “week off” than I thought I would have - Yes, some of it is me being lazy, but much of it is just more happening than I accounted for.

Let’s get the important bit out there now:
I received no Result last night - this indicates a RB of some kind... I believe.

As for my preference, if any, I super pinky promise to post tomorrow (today, est T-9ish hours). I’m definitely DAMA (except I won’t answer) after a night out celebrating a friends 28th, so I’m gonna go find my pillow.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 28, 2019, 05:02:06 am »

From my perspective, the scumslip is more evidence than this though, which is why I'm voting bright

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 28, 2019, 07:21:38 am »

I'm around for 5 hours then off drinking all night. Will switch to Space if I have to in order to get a lynch

My thoughts on lynch preference are bright > Space > no lynch >> me

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 28, 2019, 08:00:26 am »

vote: space

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 28, 2019, 08:06:23 am »

From my perspective, the scumslip is more evidence than this though, which is why I'm voting bright
Can you explain the "scumslip"? I'm either not getting it or not remembering it.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.