Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 179210 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1175 on: September 22, 2019, 06:36:16 pm »

I dunno, man, I wanna trust Swowl here a lot more than other people at the moment.

Are you his scumbuddy?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: September 22, 2019, 06:37:48 pm »

I dunno, man, I wanna trust Swowl here a lot more than other people at the moment.

Are you his scumbuddy?

Yes.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: September 22, 2019, 07:34:32 pm »

Any reaction to my point about Debate? I feel like I might be onto something here.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: September 22, 2019, 07:49:40 pm »

Any reaction to my point about Debate? I feel like I might be onto something here.

Debate's post is hedgey on the issue of swan, though so is your post on debate

I have more to say on this and other subjects but am on the phone right now
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: September 22, 2019, 08:42:37 pm »

Your not, it’s a miss lynch. But throwing fire my way after all my posts seems desperate. Why? I’m busy buying, selling, and moving a houses. I saw Joth’s claim that he would hammer in 10 hours and we have 4 days left. Two of the people on DS were on my scum list, so those things don’t add up. Thus the statement , if DS is scum then let’s identify his partners.
FNG

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: September 22, 2019, 08:58:37 pm »

How is my post hedgy?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: September 22, 2019, 08:59:53 pm »

Your not, it’s a miss lynch. But throwing fire my way after all my posts seems desperate. Why? I’m busy buying, selling, and moving a houses. I saw Joth’s claim that he would hammer in 10 hours and we have 4 days left. Two of the people on DS were on my scum list, so those things don’t add up. Thus the statement , if DS is scum then let’s identify his partners.
But you have never stated a scumread on DatSwan. You have kept out of the conversation completely.  So it doesn't make sense for you to look for partners.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: September 22, 2019, 09:31:46 pm »

How is my post hedgy?

It's hedgey on the subject of swan. Maybe hedgey is the wrong word, but I find it interesting that your effort to put focus on debate is explicitly independent of swan's alignment
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: September 22, 2019, 09:40:48 pm »

It seems like things are happening so I’ll hold off on the hammer. Still leaning that way.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: September 22, 2019, 09:41:44 pm »

But you have never stated a scumread on DatSwan. You have kept out of the conversation completely.  So it doesn't make sense for you to look for partners.

It’s a counterfactual. I have not had a scum read on DS, a discussion that involves identifying his potential partners is very revealing. It can show he’s Town, identify the “real” scum team that doesn’t include DS, or identify his partners. That discussion is useful with 4 days left that we can’t have if someone hammers.
FNG

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: September 23, 2019, 12:08:21 am »

It’s a counterfactual. I have not had a scum read on DS, a discussion that involves identifying his potential partners is very revealing. It can show he’s Town, identify the “real” scum team that doesn’t include DS, or identify his partners. That discussion is useful with 4 days left that we can’t have if someone hammers.

k. so why start a discussion that does start with the words "lets use the day to find Swan's partners".
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: September 23, 2019, 12:32:57 am »

And i feel like the (few) people who've played a reasonable number of games with me know that

what? that is almost exactly what I said. "I do not think you are capable of this play as skum". so you are agreeing with me... or not?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: September 23, 2019, 12:34:04 am »

And i feel like the (few) people who've played a reasonable number of games with me know that

what? that is almost exactly what I said. "I do not think you are capable of this play as skum". so you are agreeing with me... or not?

before anyone else gets there I want to make this clear... I think that he is capable of this under these circumstances.... just not in general. Which is why I adjusted my view previously.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: September 23, 2019, 12:34:56 am »

the fact that you bring it up after I already bring it up is strange though.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: September 23, 2019, 12:36:59 am »

Joth - You really think I am skum?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: September 23, 2019, 12:56:33 am »

Day 1 was ADK vs E. Went no duel.

Claimed to vote YES (4):
e
Joseph
Robz
Joth

Claimed to vote NO (8):
pubby
mcmcsalot
Glooble
ADK
EFHW
MiX
Debate
Swan

Hasn't claimed (2):
Awaclus
I0X

at this point, we can't pull anything from that info (other than we know Glooble Pubby Mix) were telling the truth. Claiming "no" and claiming "yes" are essentially the same i this game as prepping for a VCA look back - in regards to a skum PoV. So, People that said no were [MCMC, ADK, EFHW, Debate, Swan] and people that said yes were [e, Joseph, Robz Joth]. Then there is Eddie/I0x and captain unhelpful. I also think that eddie said he looked back and it said he had not voted? but that is just off of memory.

It doesn't matter.

There is skum here - [MCMC, ADK, EFHW, Debate, Swan]
And there is skum here - [e, Joseph, Robz Joth]

It may only be 1 and 1, or hell if I know tbh, but just like making sure they are appropriately spread out on wagons for VCA they would of made sure to manipulate this to be separate.

This isn't so much a post to help me right now but more for if you decide to lynch me.

When you remove me, Joth, (and fuck it) let's say Joseph. from the list. That means Robz or ADK is skum. Add in awaclus potential I guess. So then what pans them out. Has someone been in 2 of 3 duels that have not happened? obvious sarcasm. Weird that I am the first person to bring it up. But I have been holding back, and it has been long enough.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: September 23, 2019, 01:01:33 am »

I suck at this. Openly admitted. I don't know how to defend myself without making cases on other people. I do think that Joseph could be skum. Tied with him I suspect ADK. I do not want my posts to be mis read in terms of me trying to push alternative cases instead of defending myself. I just don't know what to do here. Everyone seems like they are blindfolded. If both Joseph and Joth are town due to results, I am just as likely to be town. The only reason i am hated is because I am the one pointing out the potential scenarios (or possibly the only one without a result claim).

Any which way IDK what to do anymore. There is no way that all skum is on me, so they are purposely dragging it out. So we need to switch the discussion to someone else. You can lynch me at the end of the day anyway, whatever. But for now, just put effort into something different then lynch me at the end.
real good. That’s how

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: September 23, 2019, 06:56:42 am »

k. so why start a discussion that does start with the words "lets use the day to find Swan's partners".

Your not helping yourself here. I am 1 billion percent town, the literal definition of a counterfactual is to make a statement that is counter to fact. Like if a if a kangaroo doesn’t have a tail, would the fall over. It has to start with, if swan is scum, who are his partners? What’s most revealing here is all the people who are pushing you are not chiming in with potential partner suggestion. Because if it requires debate to be scum if you are scum, then their case is maybe only 100% wrong.
FNG

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: September 23, 2019, 07:16:42 am »

Your not helping yourself here. I am 1 billion percent town, the literal definition of a counterfactual is to make a statement that is counter to fact. Like if a if a kangaroo doesn’t have a tail, would the fall over. It has to start with, if swan is scum, who are his partners? What’s most revealing here is all the people who are pushing you are not chiming in with potential partner suggestion. Because if it requires debate to be scum if you are scum, then their case is maybe only 100% wrong.
I can't make any sense out of this post.  And why so aggressive? You can't play a mafia game without coming under some pressure or scrutiny.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: September 23, 2019, 07:27:45 am »

Joth - You really think I am skum?

I'm not sure of it. You are doing a good job of seeming like aggrieved town. But the following things are true:

1) Your wagon does not feel like a towny wagon. It has a lot of support but also a significant handful of holdouts, and no one is egging it on particularly hard. It has all the hallmarks of a caught scum wagon.

2) Your immediate response to claims (which you have since backed off on after being called out) was the one I would expect scum to have, namely to try to prevent us from "IC"ing myself and Joseph. There are legitimate objections to that, especially if you think one of us is scum, but generally town needs to build coherent narratives and employ POE to get a lynch, and scum has a very vested interest in derailing that process.

Your immediate reaction is more telling than your more measured posts of late. And your immediate reaction was one of not concern about your own lynch, but concern that town was going to get itself two ICs (and make scum's late game that much harder).

Unfortunately, we're at the point where we're all good enough at this game that we don't have the luxury of lynching "obvscum" very often. But to me, the world where you're caught scum is much more persuasive than the world where you're unfortunate town (though I acknowledge the latter is a possibility). I'd say I'm about 70-30 on you flipping red here.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 23, 2019, 07:35:03 am »

How is my post hedgy?

It's hedgey on the subject of swan. Maybe hedgey is the wrong word, but I find it interesting that your effort to put focus on debate is explicitly independent of swan's alignment
I did get excited about the scum!DatSwan narrative for scum!Debate. But my main case is that he has been avoiding taking a stance on DatSwan period.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 23, 2019, 09:25:26 am »

What’s most revealing here is all the people who are pushing you are not chiming in with potential partner suggestion.

I did
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: September 23, 2019, 09:40:00 am »

What’s most revealing here is all the people who are pushing you are not chiming in with potential partner suggestion.

I did

What is it revealing of? People are making best guesses here. Speculating about partners is even more iffy and less substantiated. Who are you pointing to when you say "all the people"?

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: September 23, 2019, 09:50:35 am »

Hmm mcmc is making a lot of sense.

I’m willing to hammer. Not in a huge hurry to do so, but will plan to in 10 hours before I go to bed tonight. Or sooner if it seems like everyone’s said their peace.

Wait we have like 4ish more days, right? If DS is scum and to be the Lynch, let’s track down their partners.

I for one am interested in determining which one of these folks below is his likely partner.  Given the way the DS discussion is going, is Robz the best candidate? ADK would have to be on a super bus plan and aweclus would be on the short bus plan.  Other thoughts?

There are 5 players who have voted for all three of the confirmed town players (Pubby, MiX, Glooble). They also voted for each confirmed town player, prior to the 2nd duel being announced.
1. ADK
2. Awaclus
3. Joseph (claimed Neap)
4. Joth (claimed JK)
5. Robz

If we just isolate day one votes for confirmed town the list is:
1. ADK
2. Joth
3. Robz

Awaclus had the very first vote on day two for glooble and joseph also votes glooble on the seventh vote of day 2 which is before the glooble v joth duel was announced.

EFHW and Eddie seem like likely candidates

I did

So what your saying is that it’s Datswan, EFHW, and Eddie? And that not a single scum (of the non-IC variety) exists between you, aweclus, and Robz. AKA the empirically anti-town voting group.
FNG

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: September 23, 2019, 10:05:05 am »

Hmm mcmc is making a lot of sense.

I’m willing to hammer. Not in a huge hurry to do so, but will plan to in 10 hours before I go to bed tonight. Or sooner if it seems like everyone’s said their peace.

Wait we have like 4ish more days, right? If DS is scum and to be the Lynch, let’s track down their partners.

I for one am interested in determining which one of these folks below is his likely partner.  Given the way the DS discussion is going, is Robz the best candidate? ADK would have to be on a super bus plan and aweclus would be on the short bus plan.  Other thoughts?

There are 5 players who have voted for all three of the confirmed town players (Pubby, MiX, Glooble). They also voted for each confirmed town player, prior to the 2nd duel being announced.
1. ADK
2. Awaclus
3. Joseph (claimed Neap)
4. Joth (claimed JK)
5. Robz

If we just isolate day one votes for confirmed town the list is:
1. ADK
2. Joth
3. Robz

Awaclus had the very first vote on day two for glooble and joseph also votes glooble on the seventh vote of day 2 which is before the glooble v joth duel was announced.

EFHW and Eddie seem like likely candidates

I did

So what your saying is that it’s Datswan, EFHW, and Eddie? And that not a single scum (of the non-IC variety) exists between you, aweclus, and Robz. AKA the empirically anti-town voting group.

That's not an implausible scum team. Robz could also be swan's partner but there's no reason to think that scum is going to be on every single town wagon. If anything they're going to make an effort not to be
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 16 queries.